• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia Revival Discussion~ Memphis, TN

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I don't know if they've locked up or not. I think they were going to but ran out of time or something. I might be mixing up them with Mookie
I can assure you that I have no idea what you are talking about :-P.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Haha I'd rather know the complete and utter truth, but if were in on this I claim a TO spot for SSB64 lol. That's all I really care about. SSB64>Brawl>Melee>Real Life
Deal :D

also ANOTHER MOOKX UP?

awfully suspicious mookierah and moogle

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Sorry for double posting... BUT...

I've got it! If we were to create an on campus (University of Memphis) Smash Brothers organization, then we would have a free place! We could do biweekly tournaments there! It would be awesome! This could work... I'd need UofM students in on this though (i.e. BunBun, WEZL, OD, J-Bar, and other Memphis Smashers). We'll need a faculty member to be the RSO's "advisor." Alright! I feel like a genious, now it's time to pester a few teachers and UofM students and create a constitution of some sort.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
It's a huge hairy mess to run it as a student organization. You're welcome to try, but we didn't have much success at Purdue.
MSU does it pretty well. I'm sure there's drama involved but it's still worth a shot. All we need is access to a room twice a month.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Cool, wanna be the treasurer or VP? I hear you're good with holding onto funds for future tournies, so I thought I might ask you to do that. Plus, you're probably a better TO than I am lol.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
So I'm going in Tuesday to talk to Professor Banning. He agreed to be the Advisor for the RSO, and wants to talk about a few things. So it looks like we'll be good to go on the monthlies at least, if not biweeklies. I know it seems like I've taken over for Ambix, but he's leaving in 1-3 days to move to Pittsburg, and I want to make sure these biweeklies/monthlies happen.

Vts

Smash Champion
So I'm going in Tuesday to talk to Professor Banning. He agreed to be the Advisor for the RSO, and wants to talk about a few things. So it looks like we'll be good to go on the monthlies at least, if not biweeklies. I know it seems like I've taken over for Ambix, but he's leaving in 1-3 days to move to Pittsburg, and I want to make sure these biweeklies/monthlies happen.
I'll help since i've help host big tournaments and also the head of all of arkansas's smash tournaments for both melee and brawl for gamecon and ark's

which Ark 3 is April 2nd be sure to come visit us we have melee, brawl, blazblue, street fighter, and more!

Been pushed back for lame reasons (guy's getting married on the feb date ><)

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I'll help since i've help host big tournaments and also the head of all of arkansas's smash tournaments for both melee and brawl for gamecon and ark's

Gracias. I would love to include all of MS, AR, TN, and some of KY and AL in the biweeklies. I think they'll be awesome.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
these need to start up so i can improve lol
Were a registered RSO at memphis now. I'm just trying to come up with a date we can start and a room we can use. I should find out today or tomorrow. I will immediately post a thread when I find out.

So far it looks like this

Parking might be about $2 for the garage

Venue fee: Non-existant

Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $10 per team ($5 per person)

Melee Singles: $10
Melee Doubles: $10 per team ($5 per person)

Payouts will be 60/30/10 x 75% of the pot.
25% will skimmed off the top for savings that will go towards hosting a national level tournament of our own. We will have a bank account and I will allow anyone to see it during the biweeklies. That way JodoDragon (Treasurer), WEZL (VP), and I (President) are held accountable.

Side events: $1 (Winner takes all)
First side event will probably be a Brawl Minus FFA tournament, and I'll accept other ideas too of course.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Do you mean a point system for rankings? For PRs I'll continue the system I'm doing which is on http://www.mempisbrawlers.com. The problem with a point system is that it penalizes someone who missed a tournament for some random reason. I just keep track of who places where, and who they lost to. It's definitely more fair.

For example: BunBun might get a bad draw and get beat consecutively by IHSB & Iori, but he's placed before and is ranked in top 5. Well he probably won't get demoted more than 1 rank because he lost to 2 of the best in Memphis. In a point system this could potentially drop him waaayyyy back. Also if BunBun's random family member is hospitalized the night before and BunBun cannot attend, a point system penalizes this also.

I need to update the current rankings, because I haven't updated them since the 3rd tournament.

But yeah, crew battles sounds awesome!

Vts

Smash Champion
Do you mean a point system for rankings? For PRs I'll continue the system I'm doing which is on http://www.mempisbrawlers.com. The problem with a point system is that it penalizes someone who missed a tournament for some random reason. I just keep track of who places where, and who they lost to. It's definitely more fair.

For example: BunBun might get a bad draw and get beat consecutively by IHSB & Iori, but he's placed before and is ranked in top 5. Well he probably won't get demoted more than 1 rank because he lost to 2 of the best in Memphis. In a point system this could potentially drop him waaayyyy back. Also if BunBun's random family member is hospitalized the night before and BunBun cannot attend, a point system penalizes this also.

I need to update the current rankings, because I haven't updated them since the 3rd tournament.

But yeah, crew battles sounds awesome!
sounds legit

just gotta break these bad habits with these tournaments

also arkansas vs memphis would be a tight battle if i can get all of A.S.S. together at 1 tournament

Ace/G.vice/Chamberlin
Sabergu/Arby
VTS

skill wise I'm bad.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Get ready then lol. I'm about to knock off Brawl and start training Melee anyways, but it will be a while before I'm any good.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
bring it bunbun

Arkansas vs memphis at one of these tournaments when we have like 4-5 of us and u have like iori/nite/ihsb lol
As long as I don't have play Iori, Jack, Nite or BunBun I would be aight. Those guys toast me.

BunBun

Smash Master
I would play anyone in Arkansas except VTS.

Which is kind of goofy.

EDIT: Also, Chamberlain would probably 13 stock me or something goofy.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I had a dream last night where they announced/confirmed characters for MvC3, but the only ones I remember were the first two. The first announcement was the return of Amingo, and the second was some random Sonic character that probably only exists in fanfiction, if at all. I think it was some kind of weasel or ferret or something, I only remember it having white fur, being a guy, and looking more over-sexed than that one batchick.

Top Bottom