• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia Revival Discussion~ Memphis, TN

Handorin

Smash Hero
Melee and Brawl should be seperate, at least for the big tournaments.

Listen to my words of wisdom and you will have much success.

/disappears for another week

Ambix

Smash Ace
alright so we found out today that the power company austin called (memphis power and light) doesn't service the venue's area....by like 0.8 of a mile.

He's calling entergy tomorrow. Should be activated on wednesday.

Ambix

Smash Ace
...you called MLGW about a property that's in Mississippi? Why?
Because the deposit was smaller and we were originally told the venue was in the area covered by memphis power and light.

You really pick the most inane things to be a faggot about.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Because the deposit was smaller and we were originally told the venue was in the area covered by memphis power and light.

You really pick the most inane things to be a faggot about.
there I fixed it

it's better this way

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I'm not really trying to be an *** about it, I am literally asking where you got the idea to call a Memphis utility company for a property that's completely outside the city/state limits. Like, if Austin's mom/grandma thought that's what it used to go through, or if one of the business' next door said you had a choice, or what.

Zechs

Smash Rookie
No jack your fine I would have asked the same question.

but then again I also would have asked the people who were in the same complex of who to call

Ambix

Smash Ace
I think jack was being a jerk. He disagreed. Neither of us will change our minds. The casual conflict has ended unless jack chooses to continue it (which he won't).

Don't get involved in other people's personal disputes. Group drama is stupid. I speak from experience.

More specifically, don't butt in to MY personal disputes. I'm not a coward. I don't need my delicate ego preserved by my e-posse and neither does jack.

But SINCE you just had to get involved:

Lemmons: Assuming your post was serious (I honestly can't tell) go away. If not, keep right on truckin'.

No jack your fine I would have asked the same question.

but then again I also would have asked the people who were in the same complex of who to call
Asking a question and asking a question in a condescending manner to be a **** are two separate things.

I like and respect jack a lot. He has many good and interesting qualities. His elitism isn't one of them.

You don't know jack or me well enough to involve yourself in our personal disputes, no matter how small or petty they are (and this is pretty godamned petty).

EDIT: And since it's now been made an issue:

The building is in TN and the memphis power and light company's coverage area is really ambiguous. Speaking as the only person on this page who actually LIVES in southaven i felt that deferring to your boundless expertise would be silly.

Would you find it charming if I started deriding you for contacting X electric company located 5 miles away from wherever it is that YOU live?

So....the money?

As far as I know he called entergy and paid the deposit yesterday.

He's off tomorrow and i'll speak with him then.

I'll also ask for a receipt.

BunBun

Smash Master
Lol I have to be up in 5 hours =D
Stupid dogs.

I don't need a receipt lol, I trust you guys. I just wanted to know what's going on with the deposit and new company, etc. Just to be kept in the loop.

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
I was just poking fun at the fact that you called him a f aggot for being a d ick. Also, lemons only has one "m" :bee: I wouldn't point it out, but you spelled it the same way in VaNz's thread haha.

But yeah, I have no vested interest in this would-be quibble. Carry on :)

Ambix

Smash Ace
I was just poking fun at the fact that you called him a f aggot for being a d ick. Also, lemons only has one "m" :bee: I wouldn't point it out, but you spelled it the same way in VaNz's thread haha.

But yeah, I have no vested interest in this would-be quibble. Carry on :)
Generic offensive word #4. Potato patahto.

I should probably stop using f ag though.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace

woot account isn't banned anymore[/QUOTE]

I thought it was pretty funny when some "random" person was posting:

[quote="Zechs, post: 11870479"]VTS is going to memphis regardless to IHSB's place.[/QUOTE]

Haha, try not get 6 point "super banned" again lol

Vts

Smash Champion
i had 9 points total and 6 just let up so still with 3 points so can't really do much w/o being banned again :D.

but Zechs is my friend's account who i use but he never posts so i use it

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
In the almighty words of Invader Zim:

Tallest: Weren't you banished to Foodcourtia?
Zim: Yes... well, erm... I quit.
Tallest: You quite being banished?!?

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
They best way to stop making private drama public is making a post about people making your private drama public and filling it with insults and lamentations. Awesome.

Regardless, when this thing get's off the ground it could be the Smash center of the South. Brawl should definitely be a part of it. Whether or not we like it personally, it draws in a lot of people and cash and we need both.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
First of all... Who the heck is this guy?^ and what was that about?

Regardless, when this thing get's off the ground it could be the Smash center of the South. Brawl should definitely be a part of it. Whether or not we like it personally, it draws in a lot of people and cash and we need both.
Secondly, I agree. I think we've already decided that Brawl is going to be included. I think I am handling that aspect of the biweeklies. Ambix has expressed his lack of desire to run a game that they don't play. Which seems perfectly reasonable to me. So no worries on Brawl not being included. Right now it's just a question of whether we alternate who has the venue (i.e. Melee one Saturday, then Brawl the next, and so on so forth), or whether we just do them both on the same day.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I was following up on Courage with another in that family of Cartoon Cartoon shows. Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken, Powerpuff Girls... Hanna-Barbera too good.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
josh was too busy watching nickelodeon like a BK
No... my parents didn't allow me to watch cartoons as a kid. I attribute that to why I now only watch anime, and blatantly refuse to watch TV shows with real human beings. Although I would sneak upstairs and watch back-to-back episodes of Dragon Ball Z. I actually got in a lot of trouble for doing that. It was overly violent, and I would grow up to have violent tendencies... Or so they told me.

I get back at them by watching anime in the main living room as often as I can. :)

Top Bottom