• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia Revival Discussion~ Memphis, TN

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
Taken from the pot, IMO. That way it doesn't make the majority of people spend extra money every two weeks, and only makes a few people make less every few weeks. They would show up anyway, and the same 4 people will be the winners very time. It makes no sense to have everyone that is already giving up 10 bucks to enter to also pay more.

My $0.02.
^my hero

10heroes

edited for pros who use 40ppp :bee:

Ambix

Smash Ace
Alright guys we've hit a bit of a snag.

It's nothing major but it might be a bit expensive.

basically we tried to open an account with the power company but even though austin's credit is amazing they still want a 220 dollar deposit for the building. Myz is broke and i don't have a source of income so it might be a while before we can start this up if no one wants to help.

Can anyone help us pay this? (iori)

We'd get it back to you after 1 or 2 bi-weeklies. We could just consider it the first expense that the door fee's will cover (iori).

Any ideas?

Donations? (iori)

(inner monologue: Iori has won enough god damned smash money in this region to pay the bill 9 times over)

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
If making extra money is priority at the most,then adding brawl would increase your cash flow imo reserving as much money as possible to keep the venue going and saving for the big tourneys.The memphis brawlers would surely be more than happy to contribute and with a cash prize nonetheless they'll have a purpose in traveling to much an event as there are a lot of them who play melee as well.A win/win?

Yo after I'm done settling bills and what not,I'm sure within january's time period I can donate. $50 isn't much but a start.

Ambix

Smash Ace
If making extra money is priority at the most,then adding brawl would increase your cash flow imo reserving as much money as possible to keep the venue going and saving for the big tourneys.The memphis brawlers would surely be more than happy to contribute and with a cash prize nonetheless they'll have a purpose in traveling to much an event as there are a lot of them who play melee as well.A win/win?

Yo after I'm done settling bills and what not,I'm sure within january's time period I can donate. $50 isn't much but a start.
Cash flow won't be a problem at all.

Really the only cash issue is this ******** power company 220 dollar deposit.

The electric bill really shouldn't be that expensive since we're only using it twice a month.

....and again, as far as brawl is concerned i really don't have any problem with it as long as it doesn't interfere with melee. Me and austin are coming to the vue tomorrow. We'll talk about it then.

We can't start anything up though untill we can pay the 220 dollar deposit.

No electricity means no smash.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Gotta love having undeniable credit just to be spit at by the company's greed. I know the feeling.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I can help spot money for the electricity bill. I can give you like $50 next week for that. I'm all for supporting the Brawl/Melee Community.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Actually wait.
I'll donate the whole thing right now, complete with an extra $30:
Austin, you don't owe me that $250 bail money anymore.
BAM. Now you can pay for this with it.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Actually wait.
Jack will you marry me for the insurance?

Ambix

Smash Ace
When do you get the deposit back?
You don't.

They keep it untill you close your account with them or untill you miss a payment.

Whoever donated would probably get their money back within the first few bi-weeklies if people actually came out instead of dick tucking. I think we're going to end up charing a door fee. 5 dollar door fee +20 people = 100 bucks.

Actually wait.

Austin is here at my house.

He says you're a dick.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Instead of paying us back, why don't we just call that credit towards the door fee. Then we'd have an excuse to be there lol.

Vts

Smash Champion
I'll come and pay for it if i get top 3 cus right now i'm at the point of all my winnings will go to the big tournament.

this is for improvement not winning money

but u should also do teams and idk if there is a pot for that i just need teams practice.

Ambix

Smash Ace
I'll come and pay for it if i get top 3 cus right now i'm at the point of all my winnings will go to the big tournament.

this is for improvement not winning money

but u should also do teams and idk if there is a pot for that i just need teams practice.
There will very likely be teams.

BunBun

Smash Master
If I can be assured that I'll get it back within a reasonable amount of time (lol, 2-3 months), I'll cover the deposit. I can bring it to the Vue tomorrow.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I just wanna say this... I love the fact that our community is willing to go to point of loaning their own money for this. What an awesome group we have in Memphis/Mississippi.

Ambix

Smash Ace
If I can be assured that I'll get it back within a reasonable amount of time (lol, 2-3 months), I'll cover the deposit. I can bring it to the Vue tomorrow.
you'll get it back in 1-2 bi-weeklies if people actually show up instead of dick tucking.

Make people show up and you'll get it back practically instantly.

Winnar

Smash Lord
you know ambix it's easier to censor dodge if you just make one letter color=white

just so you know

Vts

Smash Champion
man should have a new years smash fest i'm off on friday/saturday so i'm up for some drunk times at jack with me and him playing smash :D

maybe make it a drunk smash tournament requirements are at least 3-4 shots in you 5m before ur match and at least 1 shot every hour until tournament is over.

i'd sign up :D

Ambix

Smash Ace
I hate the idea of drunk smash >_<

I feel like an irredeemable scrub when i'm mildly buzzed.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
man should have a new years smash fest i'm off on friday/saturday so i'm up for some drunk times at jack with me and him playing smash :D

maybe make it a drunk smash tournament requirements are at least 3-4 shots in you 5m before ur match and at least 1 shot every hour until tournament is over.

i'd sign up :D
What about those of us who don't drink? I don't drink anymore because I was pretty much an alcoholic before I got saved. I'd like to come, but I would personally like to be left out of the whole drinking thing...

Vts

Smash Champion
What about those of us who don't drink? I don't drink anymore because I was pretty much an alcoholic before I got saved. I'd like to come, but I would personally like to be left out of the whole drinking thing...
then we spin u in a chair for like 5m then u can play :D

idk i plan to drink to relax and have fun

and somehow sometimes i play better

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
To be drunk and spun all at once and forced to play smash? Why was a camera not montioned in this entire conversation?

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yeah I don't see drinking getting out of control when smash is involved

maybe ragequitting though

I could totally see that getting out of hand

Ambix

Smash Ace
So the question is are we going to be having a new year's smash fest/ bro out?

cus i got it off and willing to come and enjoy the new year with me smash family :D
Yeah I think i'm going to throw another smashfest at my house.

I'll let you guys know.

We have the money to pay the power company though so the venue itself might be open by then.

Vts

Smash Champion
Yeah I think i'm going to throw another smashfest at my house.

I'll let you guys know.

We have the money to pay the power company though so the venue itself might be open by then.
would be amazing cus i'll just crash at the venue then will my bed and stuff since its very spacious

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
So after our (Ambix & I) discussion last night, Brawl is a part of the INNsomnia series for sure now. Still working out the minor details, but it'll happen. I'm pretty psyched about this new installation to the INNsomnia series. :cool:

Ambix

Smash Ace
So after our (Ambix & I) discussion last night, Brawl is a part of the INNsomnia series for sure now. Still working out the minor details, but it'll happen. I'm pretty psyched about this new installation to the INNsomnia series. :cool:
Part of the bi-weeklies yes. Big tournament probably not.

Again, you're going to want to talk to austin at some point.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Yeah whenever he pops up again, and of course. I think we've discussed how it's not reasonably feasible to have 2 major Smash tournaments on the same day. Us Brawl guys will work that out amongst ourselves. That's why I was asking you about the door fees and such.

Top Bottom