• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia III - May 6th - Memphis, TN (Live Results Online! See Post #1 for details)

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Pwntastic fantasmic.

If I get some ssb64 lessons from Moogle Rezo I might take you up on an ssb64 cash battle.

Thief

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I just wanna get this confirmed. I'm going to be coming, and from the talk I should be bringing around 3 other people, but there's a possibilty of like 2 more coming. Will there be OOS housing for us, 4-6 people? We can be split up and stuff, though I'd prefer not, but that's not a huge deal.

Also, I'm planning on getting enough sleep for the tournament, so if the smash fest is going until 4am, I wouldn't wanna stay that late, only until like 3 so I could get sleep and be at the top of my game.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Man Isai is such a haxzor....

There are a few more waiting on confirmation/maybe and a few changing status of their coming (both on here and via aim) etc.

Do me a favor and look over the pre-reg list and let me know if your status is correct and any equipment you are bringing is correct. Thanks.

Handorin

Smash Hero
MookieRah said:
One last thing, studying vids isn't going to help you for **** if you are trying to learn how someone plays.
If studying vids made someone better, I would be a pro. Good thing I already knew that.

DYC

Smash Champion
match vids are indispensible for seeing the actual application of things you read about. But watching videos of someone playing is much different than actually playing them.

Also Dark sandbags like a mother****er in friendlies so if you are doing well, you most likely aren't.

rezo

Smash Apprentice
well thanks for playing along dyc. :lick: in that case, i'll just pay dark $5 to sandbag so i can win it off him again. see? if you just think things through, you can always find a way to win...

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
@thief- seriously, i would dude, but my house is gonna be packed. The other people i know that would be able to are either going to be there too or are going to have people at their house. Like i said a lot earlier, there is a hotel in Millington that has nice rooms for 50 bucks. Thats about 14 per after tax if 4 of you guys are going. The hotel is about 30-40 minutes away from West Memphis. I'm not sure if you could find a closer one for cheaper or not...

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Awesome flyer Mookie. I would print it out and help spread the word, but the only people that play smash in our general area is our crew. hahaha

Also, Mookie, what time are you planning on heading up here tomorrow? I think you said something about the morning...or maybe you were referring to the day before INN3. But if you were referring to tomorrow, then I will be the only one that is not at work or school. Everyone gets out of school at 2, so if you guys wanna get to Lance's by then, thats cool.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Smashfest is teeing off at midnight sharp. I can print off those forms at work if you need me to Mookie.

Also, the printer I have at work is black and white, so I hope the flier still looks as sweet in B&W as it does in color.

Can't wait until Inn III, gonna be sexy :)

JamesJ

Smash Journeyman
rezo 100000 dollar MM. you obviously suck and know nothing about smash.

OMGLOLn00b!

Aidite

Smash Cadet
@Rez0 - quick question. You seem to be talking like your coming to this tourny and smashing but I don't seem your name on the list. Are you coming to this? If so we need to get your name down.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
rezo said:
ice climbers' grab is like my friend resting me with jigglypuff; he can only get it off about 3 times per fight, and since there's 4 stock, it never determines the whole fight. besides, ice climbers' running speed is too slow for them to grab effectively.
then ur friend sucks.... simple as that

Jesi

Smash Ace
yes because we all know ice climbers are very much cheap enough to beat a good falcon, chain grab chain grab, smash. done. *sighs* pathetic, I guess that's what people resort to these days huh? *tear*

And, Rezo is part of the KC/Lawrence crew who will be traveling along with maybe a few more people. I'll update our list when we get closer to the tournament date!

-------------

Also, Is anyone housing nearby for this? Otherwise we're staying at a cheap motel, but just curious...

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Awesome, thanks for the clerification.

I can't answer the housing question, but there are several hotels in the area that run like 40 bucks or something like that which isn't too bad when you start splitting the rates 4 ways

Aidite

Smash Cadet
Yah zane's right for rooming. There is like erm...Super 8 and Motel 6 that run like 38-48 dollars. Just tell them that you have 1 person in the room and sneak in the other 3 and your set. Just make sure to request a double so you don't have 4 people sleeping in a queen size bed...

Nite

Smash Champion
SilentJupiter said:
Also, Is anyone housing nearby for this? Otherwise we're staying at a cheap motel, but just curious...
Jesi, I would house you guys, but my friend is housing a lot of people from Florida and some from MS. It will probably be crowded with all those people, so that means that I may have to house some people as well. Sorry, we have had a lot of people ask for housing and I don't think we have any room left.

Aidite

Smash Cadet
I might be able to house 2 people...I'll have to clear it by my GF though.
hey...if i tell her i'm having 2 people stay with me and we will be smashing all ngiht she might get mad and leave my apartment...a night by myself! well almost.... but there will be smash! so its all good.

Won't know about this for about a week though. I'll post if I can house 2 people

Jesi

Smash Ace
haha don't worry about it guys, thanks much for offering though. Yeah if we're bringing a lot of people we'll just do the whole 1 person at a motel when it's really like 8 thing... and split it. :)

Thanks! :D

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Sorry to post responses that go with stuff said a few pages back, but these pages are moving in number fast.

chamberlin said:
MarioC- You got some sweet sig skills also. *hint hint*
Handorin said:
O.O Nice sig man, wish I had one. Besides the INN one
If you guys want me to make you a banner just PM me what you want in it and Ill get cracking. I can't guarantee when they will be done but I'll try my best.

Nitemare said:
Chamberlin, SmashterLink made our crew banners. Lol.
True SLink made the crew banners, but the banner I use is my own creation. Also the Smash Haven, INN, and a few other peoples banners I made. SLink is just better at it.

Aidite

Smash Cadet
So yah we need like more people....I wanna get this one up to a $1,000 pot

I think for INN4 we are shooting for a $2,000 pot

Hopefully by then this thing will be more of a National Tourney.

Well...I guess is national right now but we still need to start drawning people from both coast.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
After doing research... I found there are 5 hotels in the greater Memphis area that we can fit in (assuming INN IV is as big as the rest and following the growth patterns thus far)...

5... that's crazy. We're getting big... which is good :)

Don't worry though, there's one meeting room that holds like 1500 people or something so we're set for stuff like that...

Anyway... I'm looking forward to tomorrow night. Much fun.
----------------
By the way, how do you get the screen shots for the sigs and stuff? i can't see how to capture with that good of quality

Nite

Smash Champion
PrinceZane said:
Anyway... I'm looking forward to tomorrow night. Much fun.
Yea man, I'm looking forward to it. How much money do we need for the pizza/drinks? This is gonna be fun.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
HoChiMinhTrail- You and your crew should come to this. You'll get to play basically the best people around the SE part of the U.S.

Also, I wouldn't mind thanking Cunning Kitsune for his awesome Fox guide. I've read that thing over and over.

Top Bottom