• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia III - May 6th - Memphis, TN (Live Results Online! See Post #1 for details)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'm on google video?! 0_o

Do you have a link of it? Was it me (Purin) vs. EET (Peach)? I think that was the first match I ever posted of us.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Hey. Just wanted to post and say it was cool playing everyone I got to play last night...well...this morning actually. Mookie, Will, and Moogle, it was really cool hanging with you guys all day yesterday. Especially haveing Moogle destroy all of us in Smash64. I think we all go some great training. I know I did. I was playing well at the INN last night too, so I was happy. Ichigo and Kyo, fun matches we had. Hope everyone made it home safely. Now, I need some rest. ::falls out::

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I found it. lol@ the description of the video. It was definately posted by EET.

That vid's from Anime South on 11-19-2005 so its fairly old. Plus I'm Purin... :p

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Mankosuki said:
I found it. lol@ the description of the video. It was definately posted by EET.

That vid's from Anime South on 11-19-2005 so its fairly old. Plus I'm Purin... :p
Hehe... yeah, that was it. But hey, it was still good reguardless.

I definitely look forward to watching you at the INN... I <3 FL :)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Thanks, I'll try to live up to the Florida name. :)

I have no idea how I stack up against them actually since I only do OOS. It will be my first time meeting Exarch/Derf/DoohDah too. I've played with Moogle & Mookie more than people in my own state. :p

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Great smashfest guys. I tried to help peepz out as much as I can, and I know I got a lot out of it. I bolded and underlined things that I think are important for everyone.

Post fest thoughts on individual improvement.

Skoot: Watch that second jump from grabs, although I am sure you remember that :-P. Another thing I remember is that while you are really good at teching the ledge, you rely on the chain in situations that it's detrimental. I remember doing this a lot too when I played Link :(. Remember, you are still safe coming up with an up + B if you sweetspot it, and with your ledge teching skills, even if you mess up you will prolly tech off the wall and get a second chance. The sex kick edgeguard primarily works when your opponent is beneath the stage. Just toss out the sex kick ,don't try to hit them with the initial hit simply press A and fast fall on em and up + B back. Also, how do you feel about the CF matchup now? I only played you a few times with it, but did you walk away from the fest feeling better about the matchup? I also very much support the notion that you should work up a great secondary, and I think that Samus would do that very well with one exception: Sheik ***** both Samus and Link :(. My suggestions on a character to fight Sheik: Mario, Doc, Fox, Falco, CF, and Sheik herself :-P.

CO_Brad: You too have a problem with using your 2nd jump too quick, but you seemed to work the habbit out pretty fast when you played me. Just make sure not to regress. I can't think of anything else, but I would focus on trying to find habbits in your play and then learning to switch it up. Making vids of yourself is the best way to isolate these problems, and I encourage everyone to do this if you want to fix these things in your play.

Nitemare: I am to you like like Andy is to me. I know how it is to not be able to beat someone, even though you do just as well as they do against other people. Quite frustrating. I just hope we don't run into each other in the tournament, cause that would be a sad story. To be honest though, I don't want to run into any of you guys unless we meet up in the end :-P. Anyways, I can't really think of anything to tell you as far as improvement goes :(.

Lance: You have gotten a good bit better yo, also, good job on beating Kyo in that money match. From what I could tell you are pretty well rounded at the moment, playing consistently good against all my characters. The only thing I noticed is that you tend to mess up on recovering when it comes to nabbing the ledge. It's not that you don't know what to do at those times, it's just that you get too nervous or something and botch it up :(. Dunno how to really work on that other than just playing A LOT.

Zane: Hey man I am talking to you on AIM right now :-P. I already told you about my post-thoughts, but I will give you a run down here for the sake of documentation. Work on that Marth double fair stuff. Learn to do that and do that well and you will also learn to l-cancel/shffl. It's killing two birds with one stone, and you will emerge a much better Marth. Also, after you learn to do the double fair effectively, download Wound of the Wind, and start trying to imitate those combos.

Saberguy: Falco lasers are so gay :-P. Anyways, you have improved tech skill wise since the last time we played. I think the big thing you need to focus on now is character specific knowledge. Learn the gimmicks your character has on other characters. Things like Marth chaingrabbing on FD or CF being able to easily go into a fair from a dair or forward + B, Falco's lasers, Falco's downthrow gimping fox forcing him to tech up every time, and etc. Learn these tricks and learn to do them well and you will see a significant improvement.

Ming: Learn to l-cancel. I can't really say more than that cause once you do that your game will drastically change and I can't predict how you will play after that :-P.

Ichigo: Sorry you weren't playing your best :(, but I did enjoy getting in all those matches with you. About the only thing I remember that would improve your game would be tech chasing, but at the same time, usually you would do a mean combo out of a grab without it. So I don't really know. Perhaps try tech chasing and do that a few times when your opponent is at a low percent to soften them up for even better combos. That's really the only real advice I can think of *shrug*. Oh yeah, that and learn to needle fox and falco's recoveries. Oh man, that is ******** effective >_<.

Kyo: I think the best advice I can give to you is don't money match if you only have gas money left :-P.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Yeah Mookie. I am way more confident in the C.Falcon match now. Your Falcon was way better than I thought he would be from the way you talked about him. I am really glad that you pointed out the double jump mistake. I now notice it and have broken it pretty well now. I noticed that I wasnt getting caught in many combos at all when I was fighting Ichigo's C.Falcon. As a matter of fact, I dont think I lost a single match to his falcon. Not to brag. I know you said you werent feeling your best. We all have days like that. And I got some great C.Falcon and Sheik training from Moogle. He was killing me at first, then I started to feel more comfortable in the matchups. And I even walked away with some wins on his C.Falcon and I think Sheik as well. Overall, playing you guys all day yesterday was a big help. I also hope you guys now feel practiced up so we can represent our area well at INN3!!!!

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
PreINNsomnia info/Hotel room info

I've had quite a few people asking about this, so here's the scoop.

- The Night Before -

Friday, May 5th, there will be a minifest from Midnight - 4am for all those interested. I've got food approved with all-you-can-eat (and drink) for $5. We will need setups as usual. The fest will be at Pizza Inn (Where? West Memphis, AR (about 10 minutes from downtown Memphis, TN) - At the Pizza Inn - 190 Shoppingway Blvd, West Memphis, AR 72301 (for mapquest, etc)). We have had a few fests in this same fashion before that went pretty well (including one last night). I'm sure there are several people coming that can back me up saying the fests are pretty good (not to mention the pizza kicks *** b/c i'm just that awesome).

- Hotel Rooms -

There are alot of people looking at donig the overnight thing, which is cool. If you are still needing lodging let me know. I am going to talk to the people at the Hampton Inn that is right down the road (someone told me the Holiday Inn was sold out, I haven't confirmed this yet, but...) that at the time of this posting has 2 rooms avaliable. I don't know if they're singles/double king/queen or anything. I can also check with the Ramada as well. I believe the Hampton is $82 normal rate that I might be able to negotiate. I don't know on the Ramada but I can find out.

I'm going to try to talk to these people over the weekend and be able to post exact stats Monday night sometime. Post as soon as you can so I'll know how many rooms I may/may not need.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Ah, so it's not at Lance's place? That's good I guess, probably more room that way.

Nite

Smash Champion
Manko- If you guys get there early enough on Friday, then we will play for a while at Lance's house as well because the pre-fest at the INN doesn't start until midnight. I'm not sure if I am going to go the to the pre-fest the night before, because I want to get some sleep. I think we are leaving pretty early like around noon or so, so we can help out with setup.

Zane- Great minifest last night. It was fun playing everybody again. The pizza was great as always, I don't that I played you at all though.

Mookie- It was a lot of fun playing you guys at Lance's for like 5 hours. Lol. Yea, I win some against you, but not much. I don't know what it is, but you always be servin' me. It was for the best though, I think I noticed a couple of things that I have been doing wrong.

Moogle- It was great playing you man. Good C Falcon dittos and good matches in general. It was also nice getting served at Smash 64, man that was fun. You are crazy at that s**t!

Crew- It was fun playing you guys some more because we don't get together very much besides a couple of us at a time. Good s**t.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Nod.. we didn't get any in :(

It's cool tho, maybe we could sneak a few friendlies and such in at the pre-fest or tourney.

I'd much rather face you in a friendly than pools or brackets >_>

Nite

Smash Champion
Yea, I'd much rather play MookieRah in friendlies (which we always do anyway), but I always end up fighting him in the tournaments.

I think you are stalking me Jason Smith.

Also
@Jesi- Not only were you the only girl there playing falco, I think you were the only girl there period.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I'll get to know tomorrow(Sunday) whether my friends are coming. *crosses fingers* I hope they'll be able to.

One of my friends has a girlfriend that plays Smash also. She might come and add a little more estrogen to the mix :) Oddly enough she plays Falco also. I don't know why, but girls seem to like that giant blue bird. *shrugs*

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
>_________> yes, er anyways, It doesn't look like ATL will be coming to this T_T

Sry Jesi >_< I tried :'(

but I hope everyone has a great time!!!!!!11

Jesi

Smash Ace
*sniffle* ... *sniffle*....well.. *sniffle* I guess that's okay Mike.... :( :( :(

---
falco is cute. i'm making a falco plush. I made a death turnip plush :p

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
So lets get some serious stuff going again... What's the word on crews? I know a few pages ago there was discussion about state vs random...

Personally I would like a mix of both. States and Mutts... If there is a crew for your state then you have to be on it. But states that only have 1-3 people coming could join with another state that has 1-3 coming, etc...

Soon as I see some input, I'll update the first post to say yay or nay on this...

Nite

Smash Champion
I don't think that it should go like that because then there would be TN crew, FL crew, AR crew, and then there would be The tupeloopas, KS, Drephen and who he is bringing, and TX all in one. I don't think that it would be fair. I think that random would be more fair than that. States would be fun, but it might be uneven.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
GA suxxorz. I wish could say something really offensive and stupid in order to make them come to this; but I'll be playing them the day after INN. So i'd just have my Laijin-esque video postponed by one day.

So stupid. GA needs to step it up and come to both of these.

Nite

Smash Champion
Yea, their tournament is on Sunday right Exarch? They could make it just as easily as you guys can.

Handorin

Smash Hero
What you might be able to do for the crew battle is this (if you want it more random):
1. Take the states wishing to join the crew battle. For this purpose TN, AR, MS, FL, AL, TX
2. Take a hat and draw 3 states, they are on a team; the other remaining three states make up Team2.
3. Each state with in the team nominates two players per state, totaling 6 players per team. Well, what if TX just brought one person? Another state on their team may bring in a player.
4. Fighting commences.

Numbers just used to make the idea work nice and even. But I suppose you get the idea :p

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Handorin - that was the alternative. Everyone that wants to play in crew enters (whatever fee) and their name, then we just divide up how many crews and pull 1 name per crew, round robin style until we have X number of crews to go with.

Handorin

Smash Hero
What about we people who are not in crews (Like Run7), but would like to participate in some fasion?

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Regarding the fest the night before INN: As Nitemare said, I dont know if we will be going, just for the simple fact we would want some sleep, and if the FL guys show up early enough, we will have been playing them all day. Plus we would like to come early to help ya with the setups Zane. We know there can never be too much help setting up a tournament. Speaking of setups, put me down for a tv. I will bring the one i brought to the fest Friday night. Its small but had the best picture out of all the tvs there. HAHA I am also going to check out the local pawn shop and see about another tv to take to tournaments. And I will check the extension chord situation here too.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I would like to do state crews, cause it's a pride thing. I say we have a 5 man team for each state willing and go to it. I understand people who don't have enough for their state, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have state crews at all :-P. I also like the idea of all the people in our area, versus the people coming in for this tournament. Basically TN, MS, AL, AR versus TX, FL, KS, etc and have 10 man teams for that. I just think that would be fun as hell :-P.

I will prolly try to bring 3 setups like I did to Friday's fest to the actual tournament, and I too prolly won't attend the fest judging as how I will also be at Lance's and need sleep as well. We can use my dinky tv just for friendlies since it has pretty ****ty picture.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Handorin: *thinks we should hold this convorsation over AIM*
Handorin (4:54:48 PM): What about we people who are not in crews (Like Run7), but would like to participate in some fasion?
JMK74295 (4:55:45 PM): that's basically what we're "voting" on
JMK74295 (4:55:55 PM): should we put the "random" people into 1 "mut" crew
JMK74295 (4:56:01 PM): or should we make it all random
JMK74295 (4:56:12 PM): true it would be more balanced if it was entirely random
JMK74295 (4:56:31 PM): but it wouldn't be fair for people to purposely train their styles with certain people and get screwed over
Handorin (4:56:52 PM): that sounds like you are saying teams?
Handorin (4:57:18 PM): or are you meaning, training with your crew for a crew battle your crew as a whole is in
Handorin (5:03:58 PM): anyway though, mut crews wouldnt be a bad idea. For people like you and me who are not in a crew but might want to join in
JMK74295 (5:05:12 PM): sec doing work
Handorin (5:05:18 PM): k
JMK74295 (5:08:02 PM): k
JMK74295 (5:08:19 PM): nod
JMK74295 (5:08:20 PM): exactly
--------------------------

Maybe I wasn't clear in what's going on.

Basically for crew battles (if they will happen) we have these options:

Option 1:
State/Mut Crews - States that have enough people coming to have a crew team up together. Those representing states that do not have enough join together. Example (all figures theoretical): Fl has 6 people coming so they would all be in the state crew. GA has 2 people, TX has 2 people, and KY has 2 people - since by themselves they do not have enough, they could join together to make a "mut" crew. Etc. etc. for additional crews.

Option 2:
Everyone puts their name in a hat and we draw for crews. 1st draw goes to Crew 1, 2nd draw goes to crew 2, 3rd for crew 3, 4th for crew 4, 5th to crew 1, etc...

If anyone has input on one of these (or another option) let me know...

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I agree with JC. I also don't see "mutt"crews being entirely fair to some degree. Like say Darkrain brings with him 3 dudes, and Drephen brings two. Well, they could decide to join together and have a ****in ubermatantos team dropping the weakest guy, which puts people like the Tupeloopas (basically MS), who have good players but a few that aren't quite on par, in their crew, be at a disadvantage since we can't combine with others.

If you are gonna do "mutt" crews we have to do it like "Home" team and "Away" team. Basically all the people who have attended INN in the past and are relatively close to it (TN, AL, MS, GA) on the Home team, and have the rest on the Away team.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Yeah, I really don't like the Random crew idea. :-/

I'd want to either fight with my own crew, or fuse it with the rest of the FL guys.

Top Bottom