• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia III - May 6th - Memphis, TN (Live Results Online! See Post #1 for details)

Nite

Smash Champion
@Ichigo, I doubt your C. Falcon is like Darkrain's. Not being mean, but his C. Falcon is very experienced. I don't think that you can just base his skill only on videos, if that is what you mean.

I'm glad to see that Kansas is coming though, you guys seemed pretty cool when I talked to a couple of ya at MLG Nashville.

Drephen- Who all from your crew is coming?

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Ok dudes, I wanna go to that smashfest this friday, so I will see about heading up there Friday morning or so and hanging out with Run7. Is that ok? I will prolly be just Will and I, but I will see about nabbing JC and Moogle.

I don't feel like retyping this so
READ THIS ALL LOCAL PEEPZ: TUPELOOPAS, RUN7, and BLOODLINE

MookieRah: i gotta practice up with as many peepz as possible
MookieRah: and it would help not only me, but you guys as well
Nirvanaskater311: oh yeah...training with you guys is great practice for us
MookieRah: i will try to nab JC
MookieRah: i sent himm an IM
Nirvanaskater311: awesome
MookieRah: with all that is going on
MookieRah: i am gonna set up an aliance with the bloodline
MookieRah: we gotta get everyone together
MookieRah: and cover our bases
MookieRah: i need good ganon exp
MookieRah: JC doesn't like to play ganon although his ganon is good
MookieRah: so i will ask Iori for some matches
MookieRah: i will in turn help Iori with a matchup he feels weak against
Nirvanaskater311: yeah...they are good training
Nirvanaskater311: yeah
MookieRah: and the same should go for Everyone
MookieRah: this shouldn't be a tourny fest
MookieRah: this should be a straight up practice fest
MookieRah: like
MookieRah: organize it all
MookieRah: set up times for certain people to teach others how to handle characters
Nirvanaskater311: yeah...I am the same...i dont want a tournament right now..>I just want to play as many people as possible
MookieRah: kinda like the Team Ben tutoring thing
Nirvanaskater311: yeah

Nite

Smash Champion
Yea, I'm sure that's cool Mookie. I think Will has to work Saturday, but if you guys need housing for Friday, then I'm sure I can handle a couple of people.

Nite

Smash Champion
Awesome Skoot! How do I put it on and do you have an Old English font for the name? (please)

It's not showing up, so I don't think I am doing it right.

Aidite

Smash Cadet
@Mookie - I'm pretty sure this friday isn't going to be like a mini tourny. Zane just wanted to get some decent smashers together for training/practice. Also try to see if we have improved any considering we both switched mains/seconds about 2 weeks ago. Then again its always fun just to get some smashers together, eat some free food, and have a few friendlies.

@Phatgamer1 - awesome more people. Are you guys for sure coming? Its going to be awesome if we get 60 people. I was just going to be happy to get 50 but now its getting bigger and bigger.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
---------------@ EVERYONE ATTENDING THE SMASHFEST THIS FRIDAY-----------------

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=69631

Check out this thread regarding organized practice. If we can set this up, we will all leave the pre-fest as much better players. The idea is to fill out a form documenting the things you want help with. If everyone cooperates we can all get help in our weakest areas.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Nitemare-Here is the thing to put in your sig. Just copy and paste this:
IMG]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e351/SmashterLink/falcobannerresize.jpg[/IMG]
and add the first "[" to the beginning. SLink said he'll try to edit it later for you but it will take time.

Nite

Smash Champion
Thanks CO_Brad.

@SmashterLink- I'm not in a rush, so you can take as long as you like, if you edit it. Cool man, thanks a lot.

There we go, I had to put on the "Show your signature" option.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Awesome. I am down for an organized training session. Its better than going to a fest where there is like two or three people hogging one tv and stuff. And you leave not feeling any better. I am all for and organized training session if it helps me get better.

@Nite: Glad you like the banner. I will have to download an old english font. That wont take long, but I will have to edit the name off of that banner because I didnt save the banner without the name. I will get it done though.

Nite

Smash Champion
SmashterLink said:
@Nite: Glad you like the banner. I will have to download an old english font. That wont take long, but I will have to edit the name off of that banner because I didnt save the banner without the name. I will get it done though.
Thanks man, Old English rocks. The banner looks great.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Lance- You're way too good at making sigs. It sure would be nice if you'd make me one... *hint hint* The one I have right now I made myself... in Microsoft Paint... It's better than nothing though, I think.

MarioC- You got some sweet sig skills also. *hint hint*

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Hot greatness...

INNsomnia will have AT LEAST $500 pot for first place if everyone that is prereg'd attends.

There have been some new faces posting which is awesome... are you guys confirmed or still hanging out in limbo?

Mookie - good **** on the form idea for pre-fest. I like it. Anyone attending the prefest check that thread mookie put up.

Kurosaki Ichigo

Smash Apprentice
Nitemare said:
@Ichigo, I doubt your C. Falcon is like Darkrain's. Not being mean, but his C. Falcon is very experienced. I don't think that you can just base his skill only on videos, if that is what you mean.
You have to remember, Nitemare, that there's been a long period of time since we last played each other. Me, Kyo, and Duke have been playing this **** game so much, making improvement, that our fingers are sore. o_O That has to scream success.

Kurosaki Ichigo

Smash Apprentice
MookieRah said:
Yeah, but Darkrain has been playing the game as much as you guys AND he has been playing for years at the tournament level.

You guys are good, but Darkrain is a beast.
True. You're right, Mookie. I'll simply say that you can expect some random combos to be flying out of Captain Falcon's a$$.

Aidite

Smash Cadet
Nice mookie...

You know...the hotel is suppose to have us a banner etc. But the hotel thinks that it is an Arcade Tournament....so I bet there banner has like Mrs. Pacman on it or something....

rezo

Smash Apprentice
don't be afraid of darkrain. i've seen vids of him vs. chu dat, and he's getting owned by wussy ice climbers. just study the vids, play a lot with your friends, and you'll probably beat him.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
don't be afraid of darkrain. i've seen vids of him vs. chu dat, and he's getting owned by wussy ice climbers. just study the vids, play a lot with your friends, and you'll probably beat him.
I hope to god you are joking, cause if you aren't, oh man are you in for a surprise.

rezo

Smash Apprentice
ice climbers' grab is like my friend resting me with jigglypuff; he can only get it off about 3 times per fight, and since there's 4 stock, it never determines the whole fight. besides, ice climbers' running speed is too slow for them to grab effectively.

Nite

Smash Champion
rezo said:
You can't be serious? Come to this tournament, I'm sure Darkrain would love a money match.

Aidite

Smash Cadet
rezo said:
ice climbers' grab is like my friend resting me with jigglypuff; he can only get it off about 3 times per fight, and since there's 4 stock, it never determines the whole fight. besides, ice climbers' running speed is too slow for them to grab effectively.

First off darkrain has one of the best falcons I've ever seen. While it might not be the best its still ranks up there as insane.

And ice climbers don't need to run. They have a great wave dash for speed.

I will agree that their grab doesn't determine the fight. But it gives them a VERY strong advantage.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Darkrain is the 2nd best Falcon in the nation.
IC's are very VERY competant grabbers, and yes those grabs CAN and WILL determine the fight.
One last thing, studying vids isn't going to help you for **** if you are trying to learn how someone plays.

Please stop talking rezo, you make me sad, and what you are saying... well, it's a sad story.

Aidite

Smash Cadet
Well you live in memphis...you could always dress in something seductive and go downtown....I guess what it really comes down to is how bad you really wanna go

rezo

Smash Apprentice
that's it! i'm calling you out dark! $5 money match! i will also be accepting $10 mm for ssb64, best 3 of 5! that's just 1 easy payment of $10! order now! :)

Top Bottom