• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inferno's Decarde, The Bowser Video & Critique Thread

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Gosh Bowser let h'm get some air cuzz.
But really thats some true Pivot grabbing right there.

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
If nuclear war breaks out then i hope adam sessler, or the sess, and morgan von webb make it out alive. OMFG i cant stop playing left4dead. Dont play the game with friends cuz u end up having too much fun yelling at them, lol Already paid off my preorder for left4dead2 yay!!!

B!squick

Smash Master
You're approach back to the ledge is WAY too shallow. Go high and DownB to the ledge, it's alot safer and you'll get gimped less.

EnragedMathlete

Smash Cadet
Posted this in the bowser chat but I'm reposting it here for posterity. The lucas is the girl who got 33rd at evo. Too bad this wasn't a free tourney or else I would have gotten some serious b00zer points... This was my 1st time winning a tourney =D I forgot a splitter at my apt so I just added some music that my friend suggested.

Match 1 (I forgot to trim the audio clip, my bad! ends at 4:00 ish)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMe3SwCpguU
Match 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHLoGM08Btc
Match 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw0y14LL6WU
Match 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d92Nss8ovkg
Match 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMwPQnYfrnI

B!squick

Smash Master
Whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttt?!?!?! You win and CP against a LUCAS?! I don't care if they came in 33rd at EVO that's just... mind boggling. And besides the DownB from a GR, I disapprove of the other times you grabbed Lucas. USmash? Come on. :(

Still, big congrats on winning the whole shabang, free tourny or not.

@Demen: Don't know. Fortress's hitboxes can do some strange things sometimes.

EnragedMathlete

Smash Cadet
Whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttt?!?!?! You win and CP against a LUCAS?! I don't care if they came in 33rd at EVO that's just... mind boggling. And besides the DownB from a GR, I disapprove of the other times you grabbed Lucas. USmash? Come on. :(

Still, big congrats on winning the whole shabang, free tourny or not.

@Demen: Don't know. Fortress's hitboxes can do some strange things sometimes.
Wait I cp'd when i lost on brinstar and lylat. What's up? But yeah I ended up losing to her today at a tourney... Grab release dtilt is way more reliable I'm gonna start doing that :S

Any other suggestions? I figure I have to klaw more but it's getting harder now that she is learning the matchup.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Well, Lucas is one of those characters Bowser shouldn't have a problem ******. It's a very funny matchup. With a Lucas that abuses PK Fire that much, I would just SHAD into something dude. You move and dodge across the PK Fire, right into the Lucas' face.

And for the love of God, Klaw and Grab release ALOT more, especially when playing a Lucas. There were a lot of Forward Smashes from the matches I've seen. It'd be easier to just GR -> DTilt or Bowser Bomb or Klaw or something to that extent, rather than relying on Forward Smash, which is epic if it hits, but pretty lol. Also look for more pivot grabs I guess.

I sound so cocky with matchups now lmao...

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
Utilt ***** lucas pretty hard. If u can grab lucas then, if u know what u r doing, u can easily tack on about 20+ damage. Try to work on ftilting oos better. To deal with the pk fire spamming just approach slowly and time your powershielding. My friend spams the crap out of pk fire then rolls around me and does his jab combo. When approaching lucas be careful and stay alert. Lucas LOVES to roll behind u. If u have good spacing then this shouldnt be a problem. Bait and punish a roll and run away.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
No one with common sense would love to roll behind you scourge. Noraa is right, it's just the player being a dunce or trying to get away often, lol.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
No one with common sense would love to roll behind you scourge. Noraa is right, it's just the player being a dunce or trying to get away often, lol.
Pretty sure Lucario's love to do it, its like second nature to them so they do it by accident, "waits for flaming from Lucario mains"

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Well, Lucario's roll is actually pretty good lol. If they roll and it bothers you, just predict it. Charge a DSmash or somethin'. idk, lol.

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
Exactly Vex, Lucarios roll, Kirbys Grab, Snakes grenade shield, DDDs side dodge, we shield, and Elmyra is a pain lol
*Wondering if anyone gets the tiny toon reference*

udov

Smash Cadet
Here's a video of my Bowser fighting a well-known Pikachu user: BoxingKing. He has uploaded a video starring Ixis fighting Izaw, too :)
my play style has changed quite a lot since then but who cares. (It's wifi, by the way)

Bowser vs Luigi
Bowser vs Pikachu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM5eNSH_N44

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Did you want that critiqued or posted? Because I'm not sure how I'd post it since it's 2 vids of 2 chars in the same link. :/

I also have some Wario vids up, but I'm not sure if I want them posted or critiqued yet. :p I can already see errors, but those are just from getting back into Brawl/Wifi again.

B!squick

Smash Master
Here's a video of my Bowser fighting a well-known Pikachu user: BoxingKing. He has uploaded a video starring Ixis fighting Izaw, too :)
my play style has changed quite a lot since then but who cares. (It's wifi, by the way)

Bowser vs Luigi
Bowser vs Pikachu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM5eNSH_N44
Ugh, finally! I always get annoyed when people don't chase offstage. In a game where the object is to survive, going off stage to keep THEM off stage helps alot. It don't matter how much better X character's aerials are compared to Bowser's, YOU'RE closer to the stage, it's much less risky for you.

And the second game against Pikachu could have used more defense and less chowing down on Thunder. Koopas no like lightning, lol.

All told though I was extremely pleased, good stuff, sir.

udov

Smash Cadet
Did you want that critiqued or posted? Because I'm not sure how I'd post it since it's 2 vids of 2 chars in the same link. :/
Well, it doesn't matter at all if they don't get posted :p thanks for asking though ! it's good to see you're back

JayDeth -> Thanks for the feedback !
completely agree with you concerning going off stage too :) If it wasn't wifi I'd do it even more I suppose ;-)

Crzy

Smash Journeyman

Jupz

Smash Master
Crzy how did you get in contact with NDS? Lol.
Btw your bowser is crazy, especially over wifi :) Good ****.

NDS needs a bit of work though lol. Tell him to go to tourneys.

But yeah only critique is that I wouldn't use klaw hopping too much against a wario because he can easily punish it with his movement.

udov

Smash Cadet
lol thanks !

I see no reason not to post them Crzy :p by the way, who won the last game?
It's hard to tell but I guess it was Wario^^

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Here's one video from a smash fest last weekend. This was my deciding match which sealed my placement. I got 5th but i'm kicking myself for not making top 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY63DdRwvI0&feature=channel_page

Don't ask what happened, because i actually don't know, i started off well... but then it all just went away!

EDIT: More videos may come, not quite sure yet. Stay tuned...

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
U seem too dependent on the grab. Cant really do much when pika has 0 to 60 chaingrab :(
Try safer approaches and because of thunder u cant really momentum cancel safely so just rely on bowsers weight to keep u back in the game

B!squick

Smash Master
Dooooooddddd, Ixis. D: Always AD to the side to get out of the way of Thunder. Other than that, you were pretty ****. Still the top 4ish Bowser player. (b'.')b

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
You need to work on your DI :/

Otherwise a good job.
Trust me Flayl, i know this more than anyone else :/

Those matches may not have shown it but i can fight BoxingKing and Pikachu to a very respectable degree and i do usually come out on top.

And speaking of unsaved replay's there may be more videos uploaded of my other deciding tourney match against a good Peach player, i did win a match but surprise surprise we forgot to save the replay...

Top Bottom