• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inferno's Decarde, The Bowser Video & Critique Thread

Flayl

Smash Hero
Good games from both of you, but yeah, you're getting hit waaay too often.

I think the problem is you're trying to shield everything on reaction rather than using the predictability and rythym of your opponent to your advantage.

I bet you're perfectly able to dodge Samus's grab on reaction, try playing safe(r) against KillerJawz the next time you see him. Not much Samus can do about it. You don't really have to powershield against her, although it does help.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
footstool to downB in the air works I tested for lol and I saw it works but I tought it was already discovered lol

B!squick

Smash Master
I have NEVER EVER heard of this and I would be willing to go out on a limb and say I'm the most frequent poster on this board... since I joined anyway. And MrEh doing this is the first I've seen of it.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
The date of the video is October. I thought it was old news lol. Besides, from just plain common sense, couldn't anyone figure out that it's possible to grab release footstool Wario? Needless to say some characters have "infinites" on him because of the air release footstool? lol

B!squick

Smash Master
It's not mentioned on Vex's grab release list (I think) and it never came up in the match up discussion. How else could I find this out, lol. Even when I played, I never thought about footstooling Wario out of GR when I came across them, let alone comboing it into DownB.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
It's not mentioned on Vex's grab release list (I think) and it never came up in the match up discussion. How else could I find this out, lol. Even when I played, I never thought about footstooling Wario out of GR when I came across them, let alone comboing it into DownB.
I checked and it's not on there. However, a long time ago Peach and Sheik had infinites on characters due to aerial release footstooling [and forcing getups with their BAirs, similar to Bowser's old NAir forced getup hype ], and I'm pretty sure Wario was one of those characters. Putting two and two together, I thought since Wario was on that list anyone could figure out Air release footstooling...I just never actually thought too much of it, seeing as how MrEh just Bowser Bombs. There's a simpler and less complicated way of killing off the air release. Now that I think about it, there's probably something we could do through the footstool, but I honestly don't feel like testing right now.

It's like an hour before Christmas, lol.

B!squick

Smash Master
Ah, okay, it's one of those putting two and two and three together sorta of things, eh? Well this has gotten me curious about other stuff Bowser can do with Footstools. Like if we had a way to set it up besides a GR on Wario.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Good stuff. I think I counted at least two times where Dapuffster team kills you for no reason lol.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Oh yeah those matches. Well for one thing they're about four months old lolol. I was just going through all of my replays before 2010 came along because I'm probably going to delete all of the 2009 stuff on New Years. The matches were offline at my house <_<

Neither Red nor I were taking the matches too seriously (aka lol20fsmashes & taunting), but critique if you want lmao. Flayl if you want to record some more cool old replays I have some more ._. I mean, they're worth recording--they're just...old, lol.

I do know I tried to be a bit too dazzling in these games, and even though they were friendlies I got kinda screwed for being too fancy and stupid lol

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
What about FAir? Oh for Momentum and stuff. Well...Sometimes when I'm being really rash and putting little to no thought in it I just use any aerial, or the aerial that's in the direction I'm going. So sometimes when I don't think, if I'm going to the right and my back is to the right I'll just do the fastest thing on reaction and BAir it.

I'm doing a lot better at living because I actually am using FAir more to live and stuff, but back then I'd use UAir and BAir and any kind of aerial lolol

calv

Smash Cadet
So I haven't been recording any matches lately, but I havr been saving as many replays as I can, I put together a small trailer for my new Bowser compilation video, which I hope will be way better than my first one. Still need to try and get some more footage for now, follow the link for the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMkJ6MHjP0E

Its Wispy

Smash Cadet
Klaw has infinite potential because of grab armor. More Bowser's need to abuse this. It seems as though I'm the only Bowser to abuse this.
I love using it right before Wolf' launches his side B recovery. It is so epic when you pull it off and drag them back to the stage on your terms.

-MCT-

Smash Cadet
I wanted to record some friendlies at our last tournament here, but I didn't get the chance to, so all that's left me to show are those two videos from a smashfest two monts ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHR7iidrGh0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&feature=related&v=zhF0yWfsiGE

Things I already know:

-My smash DI sucks. Totally. I eat multi-hit moves like there's no tomorrow and I really need to improve that.
-Grab releases... I know I didn't try anything too gay even if my opponent was Wario, but it wasn't even an official tournament and most people (my opponent, Biagio, included) are close friends of mine, so yeah, I backed off a little with these.
-I should be more careful with bair and dair x_x
-I need to mix up claw hopping with aerials, and I'm already working in that direction :)

Oh yeah, there are some other videos of me playing but I sucked REALLY bad back then, even more than now. ANY tips are welcome, even for my opponent, we both need to improve a lot XD

B!squick

Smash Master
Wario is one of the few characters that I just don't bother to use Firebreath on. He can DI it far too well. Besides an FSmash that should have been an FTilt and recovery somewhat uncomfortably low, I saw nothing but awesome. Good job man. Needs more DownB though. :laugh:

Flayl

Smash Hero
- Spend the game klaw hopping: Wario has a really stupid chaingrab on Bowser so you want to avoid being grabbed as much as possible. Also, you need to have a good air mobility to be able to hit him without him screwing up.
- Save BAir for killing, FAir is better for aerial assault.
- Don't use firebreath against Wario because he can easily jump over it and hit you with DAir for damage and UAir to kill you. Your opponent didn't do that because of lack of experience I guess.
- Don't FSmash randomly.
- You can Fortress if he goes through your shield with the bike.
- At 1:40 you should've been hogging the ledge, DTilt won't hit anything below the ledge.
- If you don't want to standing chaingrab Wario, at least klaw him out of a ground release and Utilt him out of an air release.
- Fortress when he NAirs your shield, grab isn't fast enough.
- None of Bowser's aerials will beat a grounded Bite, if you can't klaw him try Bowser bomb directly above him.
- Work in ledge-hopping/jumping to your ledge game, always using the ledge attack will get you punished.
- There's really not much you can do about Wario's DAir except SDI upwards to avoid a tiny bit amount of damage and follow-ups at low %s.

That's my input for now. As soon as my exams are over I'll try to get some of my own replays up for review.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Yeah that goes for all approaches that become predictable, try to pivot-grab them.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Well if past experience says anything you're going to get bored of brawl bowser very fast lol

calv

Smash Cadet
Gimpyfish is brawling again... lets hope it does last. The more Bowser support the better.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Yo Bowser's. More videos of me from a small gathering i hosted last Friday. 6 videos Vs one of the best players in the UK, Kira! Out of the uploaded i won 3 and lost 3 (one of them i get completely vultured), overall we had about 15 serious matches straight. I won 5 wheras Kira took away 10 -__- Forgive me, i'll nail the Falco matchup down eventually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o64o-uh4DPc&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvzBVTSu6EM&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpl5TKWA1DY&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdt5dmjKcUc&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gecq8wsBr0A&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ6TrT_XQb8&feature=channel

Kira is a very very good Falco so i encourage those with little Falco experience or who frequently go to tourneys with good Falco's to watch these, there is a lot to be learned from my mistakes. Except JayDeth and Flayl, you two need to come critique me asap :3

I fell in love with Brinstar after the 2nd match XD

Top Bottom