• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inferno's Decarde, The Bowser Video & Critique Thread

Phantom287

Smash Rookie
These vids are very helpful, though, might I suggest putting up more Bowser Vs. Olimar matches and some Bowser Vs. ZSS matches. I find those two quite difficult to fight.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
I put up what people post. I really only play average(at best) Oli's or ZSS users so my vids wouldn't really help. :p

Hopefully Popertop does some Oli and Zss friendlies at his next big tourney. :)

Also: Added a Link, Ike, Wolf, Yoshi, and Falcon match of mine. They're my older Bowser(except the Link one) but they show how Bowser can have some troubles with the match up....especially the Wolf one. >.>

Nitros14

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure what quality of players/videos you're looking for here but I have a few lying around, since replays are only 3 minutes max they tend to be the more one sided games. Just some wifi friendlies.

Bowser (Nitros14) vs Peach

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOxaxBBd6gY After the Bowsercide shenanigans the second match does get down to business. I do think Klaw is the key to this matchup though.

Bowser (Nitros14) vs Captain Falcon

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=bew9_dwkfqs

Bowser (Nitros14) vs Pikachu

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=aNNSriL-ULI

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Hopefully I'll be able to give you guys some eye candy after a tournament this weekend, I have recording equipment now so that helps alot.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Hopefully I'll be able to give you guys some eye candy after a tournament this weekend, I have recording equipment now so that helps alot.
Good **** man.

Also, you have WiFi? We could record some lulzy Bowser dittos.

ALSO: I need someone to record some matches of my Bowser I have in replays. Dunno if Vex can do it since he's been busy.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Oh man that was some good s*** Vex. I lol'd when that shield didn't break at FD. :D

Epic UpB stage spike to win the game PLUR. :)

Updated and thanks for the submissions.

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
crzy, i believe you're missing a pokemon trainer section

:p

**** good **** vex

Ricky

Smash Journeyman

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
I have to say the first video was amazing and drawn out. I've been having trouble with Bowser lately so I've been watching mains go at it. The Link relied too much on his projectiles.
-Facepalm.- So you're saying I should have gone head on into that amazing UpB OOS? Only a complete idiot would do that against Bowser. Projectiles are how I don't get myself from 0-50% in about five seconds.

I've been having trouble with Bowser lately
This is because you play Ike (according to your little icon down there) and seem to think running head on to Bowser's shield is a good idea. Do you know what spacing is? If you'd had projectiles, you would have "relied too much" on them too. Link is made of projectiles.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
It is Link; his projectiles are what makes him hard to fight as Bowser. I just know how to work around them since I play projectile users a lot, otherwise I'm sure I'd of lost them all.

Link relies on his projectiles more than anyone else because of his generally bad game, so Link spam kinda doesn't exist, really.

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
This is because you play Ike (according to your little icon down there) and seem to think running head on to Bowser's shield is a good idea. Do you know what spacing is? If you'd had projectiles, you would have "relied too much" on them too. Link is made of projectiles.
I have to disagree. I'd appreciate it if you didn't assume how I play. I do main Ike, however the Bowser I've played is a near pro with him and one of my first encounters with a Bowser main. Link does have projectiles, although it's not all he can do. I've had my fair share of games with a Link main, and all in all he's a beast. He goes matches without using projectiles on occassion. Well you're a bit offended by my post, that wasn't my intention just my opinion.

Liquid Gen said:
Link relies on his projectiles more than anyone else because of his generally bad game, so Link spam kinda doesn't exist, really.
Direct insult to Link.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I have to disagree. I'd appreciate it if you didn't assume how I play. I do main Ike, however the Bowser I've played is a near pro with him and one of my first encounters with a Bowser main.
I highly doubt he was "near pro" and if he was do you mind sharing who he is?

Link does have projectiles, although it's not all he can do. I've had my fair share of games with a Link main, and all in all he's a beast. He goes matches without using projectiles on occassion. Well you're a bit offended by my post, that wasn't my intention just my opinion.
So are you suggesting he should abandon his projectiles completely and attempt to fight without them, if so that is proposterous Link's projectiles are a mojor asset to him and against Bowser they should be used liberaly to make life difficult for him.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Also, Link is bottom tier for a reason. His attacks are way to laggy, why would you rely on them when you have projectiles instead?

Obviously you know a lot less than you think you do.

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt he was "near pro" and if he was do you mind sharing who he is?
He's not in smashboards, he's my friends cousin. He has a bit of flaws but he's a beast.

Lord Bowser said:
So are you suggesting he should abandon his projectiles completely and attempt to fight without them, if so that is proposterous Link's projectiles are a mojor asset to him and against Bowser they should be used liberaly to make life difficult for him
No not really. I'm just making a point that he is just as good without them.

Liquid Gen said:
Also, Link is bottom tier for a reason. His attacks are way to laggy, why would you rely on them when you have projectiles instead?

Obviously you know a lot less than you think you do.
That doesn't sound like someone who knows much of Link. All his attacks just have to be timed, and you must know when/how to use them best. Again, that is my opinion. It will differ with anyone else. This is getting out of hand, the topic isn't called ''Link Pro tip videos.'' Don't worry I get your point.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
All of his stronger attacks (dair, uair, fair has a little but not a lot) have plenty of of lag and can't be "timed" cause they will still have lag. Link is **** without his projectiles; ask anyone half decent.

Also on topic: bowser has claws

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Link isn't that slow...

Jab, up-b, usmash, dsmash, fair, bair, nair, quick draw (arrow) = fast.

slowish = uair, fair, dair, pulling bomb, boomerang throw

You obviously know less about Link then you think you do, considering his projectiles are -slower- then a lot of his other moves. However, his projectiles generally are more -useful- then a lot of his moves.... he also has slow as hell tilts <.< I believe his ftilt is almost as slow as his fsmash.... lol

on topic:

Havokk vs LinIsKorean (both Bowser)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah3c51Oj1JA

This has some bowser: (not a 'real match' but still funny as hell nontheless)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l40JCqpyi1I

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Epic UpB stage spike to win the game PLUR. :)
Thanks! ^_^

I don't play Bowser very often so I dunno much about him. I sometimes try to play him like Melee, where I could spam F-air and Fortess killed. I guess he should be played alot more Turtle-y, which makes sense, cause he's a turtle. ^_^

I dunno how grab-releases work, I guess I should look that kinda thing up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a09SFXW-wHs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVai-ycDnIk

Yeah, i got kinda cocky with his Fsmash.

Riku00

Smash Ace
He's so powerful if you can just get a 4 hit combo your opponetnt is screwed.

unless they are better than you LOL!

Brndn

Smash Apprentice
woooo. i was gone for a while but i finally got some vids for a bowser vid ready. i just wanted to say that vex's bowser served as an early model for mybowser after my first combo vid. so basically thx vex ; ). i like how the bowser's are comin alomg keep it up.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Whoa...does that Bowser have a name? The title of the vid comes out all weird for me.

I'll list it as ??? Vs Lucas for now.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
yea the japanese kinda copied my vid onto their account. Thats me.

What happened was my videos are on niconico douga. Someone who saw my vid there decided to re-upload them back to youtube cause they didnt know it was on youtube originally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oempP1ZTUs same vid on my account.

Top Bottom