• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

iNet Gamerz Tournament - iGT1 - Kissimmee, Fl - May 19th (New Update: 5/17)

vericz

Smash Champion
The date of the tourney is may 19th :confused:
Anyways have fun, this place is going to be packed since the owner doesnt want to close down for the day. 30+ smashers plus the locals who are usually there means the place is going to be full. I really hope he changes his mind and decides only to keep a certain number of PCs open instead.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
ok guys. i talked with phil and if he is gaurantedd a certain number he will close down the center for us. i will say this, on fridays and saturdays, iNet is packed. all 11 tv's are occupied and a good majority of the pc's are used. not to mention all the roaming poor kids. so i would like people who really know they are going to say so, so that i can show phil an actual list so that he'll close down the center...peace

-hiroshi

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
ok guys. i talked with phil and if he is gaurantedd a certain number he will close down the center for us. i will say this, on fridays and saturdays, iNet is packed. all 11 tv's are occupied and a good majority of the pc's are used. not to mention all the roaming poor kids. so i would like people who really know they are going to say so, so that i can show phil an actual list so that he'll close down the center...peace

-hiroshi
Me and my crew are definitely going.

vericz

Smash Champion
I don't really think a huge tourney is going to be good for them to hold for their 1st time. He is still going to keep the store open meaning that if it's full like it usually is on Saturday that's already 32 people there not playing in the tournament. Hopefully he will realize how many people are going to be there and how much he can make and then close the store for this tourney, you never know. We will talk to him about it and try to convince him.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
i'll most likely attend (like, 80% sure), its near graduation so its a little iffy, but graduation is never on the weekend, the 20% just means that if there's something else with my school during that time it may not be good, but its after my AP exams and after senior graduation I think, so i'll see.

And i'll prolly bring nouc, lamb, and green with me.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I agree with vericz. This place is pritty unknown in terms of reliability and such since they've never had a tourney. If anyone from South Florida is thinking about comming to this they'd probably be better off waiting until the week after for Gigs. With that said I still think all of CFL should come to this so we can make it as big as possible and show these guys that smash tourneys can be quite profitable. Hell, we just had a 56 person Gigs with only CFL attending so we can certainly make this big even without other regions. Hopefully I won't be working that weekend.

vericz

Smash Champion
shut up ryan.
He is 100% correct in what he is saying. This place is going to be packed with the people who already go on Saturday (like I said 32 people who wont even be in the tourney) and It's a very low chance that he will close the store for the day, hopefully he will. Until we know for sure I think SFL should just wait for giga that is one week later.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
ok, phil isnt talking much about the smash tournament because he has a gears of war tournament going down this saturday( 4/28) so he is occupied with that. ( which im attending btw). after that smash is next. but, remember guys, i am the one running the tournament, so if you have any major questions concerning it, ask me. also, i got the hook -ups with phil. so far, every suggestion i gave him concerning the smash tourney he agreed to. so i will try and work my magic and get this thing done for real....peace

-hiroshi

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Sounds excellent Hiroshi. It is looking better and better for myself and Kram to come. He missed the last tourney we went to and is itching for smash. (Kram is the Peach I teamed with against you and Pritch two tourneys ago.)

vericz

Smash Champion
Just let him know that if he is deciding to run a tournament he should shut down for the people in the tournament and then reopen when the tournament is done. Hopefully the GoW tournament will have a big turnout (Unless there is a max) to show him that he does need to close to focus on the people in the tournament. We will still be paying and he will still be making the money.

vericz

Smash Champion
Maybe next time, but he is the owner so it's his rules. I guess taking 50% will makeup for all the customers he gets on saturdays who buy daypasses for like $20. He would be losing about half the money he usually makes if he charges doorfees and 60 people come to play smash, which is a lot of people.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
It is confirmed that myself and Kram will be coming to this. Ecky may be coming as well, but that is not for certain yet. So as long as nothing comes up, both Kram and I will be going to this. I want some more matches with you Hiroshi. Vericz, we should get some matches in as well. Didn't get any at the last tourney unfortunately.

One question though. Will this guy let us play friendlies after the tourney is over?

I can bring a cube and Smash if need be, so let me know.

Peace.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
*does not post in this thread...mindgames son.*

Already said I'm trying to come to this...so yeah...not much else to say.

vericz

Smash Champion
It is confirmed that myself and Kram will be coming to this. Ecky may be coming as well, but that is not for certain yet. So as long as nothing comes up, both Kram and I will be going to this. I want some more matches with you Hiroshi. Vericz, we should get some matches in as well. Didn't get any at the last tourney unfortunately.

One question though. Will this guy let us play friendlies after the tourney is over?

I can bring a cube and Smash if need be, so let me know.

Peace.
With 16 setups I'm pretty sure friendlies will be going on all over the place. And if you are there early you get extra time for warm-up, he allowed warm-ups for the last one.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
the 16 set-ups is with the cooperation of you guys. w need to supply like 4 more tvs, and we need to bring our cubes and smash and memory cards. he has like 6 cubes but i dont know how many smash copies he has. also, he only has 1 memory card with all the stuff on it. i understand why he's taking half the pot. this guy gets so much business on saturday its crazy. if he just lets us in and closes the game center, then he will be losing a lot of business. A LOT OF BUSINESS. this place is ridiculousy popular in kissimmee. he's already losing money just letting us play there. so you really cant complain. but the more of you guys that come. the bigger the pot will be. so lets make this huge. and after seeing how many people there were there with the gears tourney plus normal customers he is really looking into closing down the center. but if you guys dont show then he is screwed. so there is no reason why this cant be huge. i mean, we have the roomy venue, the large amount of set-ups, we only need the smashers, and if its big enough he is willing to do pools...peace

-hiroshi

diddleyumcious

Smash Rookie
Looks like i finally found a tourney in Kissimmee that I can attend. H1roshi, although im pretty new to this forum, if you still have some space for a local mario smasher, i'm good for it

vericz

Smash Champion
Everyone who goes to this should bring there cube and smash and memory card just in case. It doesn't take up that much space. I'm bringing mine and i don't even own a cube :)

vericz

Smash Champion
Brian come over and smash!!

Since he wants to reopen at 3 maybe you should move the starting time to 10 and have registration at 9-9:59. We really have to be on schedule and start on time if we want to get as much done before 3. Latest we start should be 10:15-10:30.

Top Bottom