• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

iNet Gamerz Tournament - iGT1 - Kissimmee, Fl - May 19th (New Update: 5/17)

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
Hiroshi and iNet Gamerz presents : iGT1

alright guys..the owner of iNet is gonna let me run this tourney...he even said he is willing to close the the game center that day so we can make this huge...no extra WoW players to get in our way...so basically i want to make this the new CFL hotspot...i dont see why this place cant be successful...it will have full mlg rulesets...it'll be set-up just like gigabits...we'll do just a 2v2 and 1v1 tourneyoh yeah...they have two big screen tvs...with like no lag

WE HAVE TO MAKE THIS BIG!!! HE WILL DO MORE TOURNAMENTS AS LONG AS THIS ONE IS SUCCESSFUL. DON'T LET THIS GREAT VENUE GO TO WASTE!!!

CHECK UP ON THE 'NEW INFO" SECTION FOR UPDATES!!!

THIS IS A LINK TO THE GAME CENTERS WEBSITE.
http://www.inetgamerz.com/

current info:

Where:
105 broadway
Kissimmee, Fl 34741

When:
May 19th 2007

2v2: 10:30 a.m.
1v1: 1 hour after teams finishes

Prices
2v2: $20 per team
1v1: $15

Rules:
standard mlg ruleset...same ruleset as gigabits...BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller)!

-4 stock, 8 mins matches
-2/3 sets; 3/5 for winners, losers, and grand finals
-items off
-team attack on
-life stealing allowed
-Dave's stupid rule: a stage can't be played more than once in a match, either by random select or by picking
-stage banning: Each person/team knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-mutual banning: If all players agree to ban a counterpick level, they may ban said level from their set while retaining their original individual bans.
-mutual allowing: If all players agree to play on a certain stage as a random or counterpick, they may play on that stage even though it is otherwise banned.
-advanced slob picks: Losing player(s) choose(s) the next stage or random, winning player(s) choose(s) character(s), then losing player(s) choose(s) character(s).
-double blind pick may be called at the beginning of each set.

neutral stages:
Final destination, Pokemon Stadium, Kirby's dreamland, Yoshi's story, Fountain of dreams, Battlefield

counter pick stages:
Any stage that isnt banned and any of the neutrals

Banned stages: you know what stages are banned

New Info:
4/11: ok...concerning the tv situation..we are still trying to see if we can get rid of the lag on their hd tv's...if we can that would be perfect since we would have 8 perfect tv's already supplied for us...if not..we will be able to set-up our own tv's in the back area...along the walls...also...we are gauranteed one perfect non-lag tv since he bought a new tube tv for DDR...

4/13: i just realized that we may need some help with housing for this event. If you believe you will be able to assist in housing please let me know and i will put you on the housers list. Thanks in advance ^_^.

4/21: ok guys. i talked with phil and if he is gaurantedd a certain number he will close down the center for us. i will say this, on fridays and saturdays, iNet is packed. all 11 tv's are occupied and a good majority of the pc's are used. not to mention all the roaming poor kids. so i would like people who really know they are going to say so, so that i can show phil an actual list so that he'll close down the center.

4/25: ok, talked to phil and i got a lot of info today. as far as him closing down the center. he doesnt want to close it down cuz he gets a lot of business on saturdays. but he said that on that day, if their are a lot of people, he will not open till halfway thorugh the tournament so that we can get a lot of the tournament done. also, as for the tv situation, he said he wants to have like 16 set-ups. he will be able to supply like 10 by himself. then me and ray are bringing set-ups. thats already 12 tvs. but we are in need of gamecubes/ copies of smash/ and memory cards. i want everyone to cooperate so we can have all 16 set-ups running smoothly for an extremly smooth tournament. on another note, he mentioned the distribution of all the entrance fees. he is going to take 50% of the pot. the remainder of the pot will be distributed to 1st/2nd/3rd 60/30/10 respectively.

5/1: ok guys some more info. Phil is only going to have the game center closed until 3:00p.m. after that he will open the game center to the public, BUT he WILL let the smashers stay as long as they want to play smash friendlies. Because of the fact that he wants to get a lot of the tourney done by 3:00p.m. means there are going to be no pools regardless of the amount. but i will make sure people from the same region will be separated in the brackets.

5/9: The tournament will now be starting at 10:30a.m. sharply. This is due to the fact that the game center will only be closed to the public until 3p.m. After that the doors will open to the public and we will end up slowing the pace down because of the wave of people. therefore the earlier we start to get more of the tournament done while we have the place to ourselves, the better.

5/17: I just added some more detailed info in the rules section. since im linking this thread on myspace , there could possibly be a lot of newer players who arent aware of the rules. so i put them down so that they can see all of them. also, very minor update on the gamecube list. i also added my contact info at the very bottom.
Another concern is parking. you wont be able to park near iNet most likely because there is no room for parking behind it. Since we will be there earli there is some parking right ion front of the venue and there is some on the side of the building. For the most part though, you guys will have to park behind the Coliseum of Comics store which is DIRECTLY across and a little to the right of iNet if your standing at the inet entrance and looking across the street. So park back there.

its a nice venue...pretty roomie...good a/c....
please give me your thoughts...there is no reason why this can't be big...and he plans to do a series of tournaments....

comments...concerns...please write back...peace

Attendance:
1)hiroshi
2)vericz
3)zoro (can no longer attend)
4-15) random local noobs from game center and community college
16) manko?
17)boom
18)ram
19)dguy
20)kram
21) otru
22) angrylobster
23)skratch
24)sheer
25)rice
26) rook
27)drumma
28)ted boosely
29)juib
30) det
31) bergoth
32)ray
33)cmroddy?
34)DOP
35)diego
36)rfx
37)vijin
38)jarlax
39)reno
40)reno's partner
41)reno's crewmate#3
42)reno's crewmate#4
43) ruuku?

SET-UPS:
gamecubes:
6 - iNet Gamerz
1 - hiroshi
1 - uuaa
1 - otru
1 - ray
total: 10

tv's:
10- iNet Gamerz
2 - hiroshi
1 - ray
total: 13

Housers:
hiroshi:
# of people: 1 or 2 (this is if my parents let me house at all)
pets: 1 dog

MY CELL PHONE NUMBER IS (407) - 922 - 1048
MY HOME PHONE NUMBER IS (407) - 932 - 3450
hiroshi988@yahoo.com
aim and yahoo screen name: hiroshi988

-hiroshi

vericz

Smash Champion
We will talk to him about bringing in tvs but i highly doubt he will allow it since there is no room for extra. only 2 tvs provide little to no lag at all and its difficult to only use 2. we will have to talk more about it.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
sounds good! my suggestion would b to make it after 4/21/07 gigs maybe two weeks after? so we can have a weekend off n then next weekend smash again, pools would also b sick

vericz

Smash Champion
We will try to do pools, but we do not have a system to keep points. We may just have to separate the good player in pools at 1st since we know points from giga. Anyone know the program they use for seedings and brackets??

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
i say have it held sometime after SUPS but before the next Gigs... that way we have a few tourneys in the next month to look forward to.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
i say have it held sometime after SUPS but before the next Gigs... that way we have a few tourneys in the next month to look forward to.
actually i wanna have it after giga...becuase if we have it inbetween..that would be overkill..and not that many people would show...they wouldnt be willing to drive so much..or maybe they wont be able to ask for the day off or somthing...so i am agreeing with otru that 2 weeks after giga is a goo date...

I NEED MORE PEOPLE TO AGREE ONTHAT DATE....2 WEEKS AFTER GIGA...IS THIS A GOOD DAY FOR YOU PEOPLE!?!?....peace

-hiroshi

vericz

Smash Champion
True, the only thing is if a lot of people come there will only be 2 tvs that have little lag (it is not completely lag free) and there will be a lot of complaining. That is why we mentioned that. We don't want people to come in, play and then complain the tvs lag. Last tourney was small so we were all able to us the big screens, if there are a lot of players i don't think we all want to wait for a tv to open up.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
i'll actually change my mind on the date. two weeks after gigs is good. i wasn't thinking about all the traveling that was needed.

derf

Smash Ace
you cant eliminate the lag. me and ryan tried at gamers asylum. we switched both the aspect ratio and we got a non-lag adapter and we only succeeded in reducing the lag by about half which was still way too laggy for competitive play

if you want serious tournies you can't have lag. i remember reading (from you i think) that the place was ginormous. is it large enough that everyone could just bring tvs a la gigabits?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
you know...if you play Zelda...Lag doesn't exist.

it's true...

She's so slow anyways that it doesn't matter.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
ok guys...i was talking more to the owner...and one they think by unplugging the hd cables we should get rid of lag...but if anything..they said they could bring in A LOT more normal tv's to play smash on..no lag...thats not gonna be a problem...they would move the computer moniters from one of the shelves....and we can set up the set-ups there...so ...WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO BRING OUR OWN TV'S....BUT...i dont think we have to since he said they could get mad tvnormal tvs to play on...so that probelm is fixed...ON ANOTHER NOTE...the owner said within a week he could tell me exatcly which saturday in may we could have the tournament on...they have a lot of stuff booked on saturdays and they do birthday parties...so he has to make sure he picks the right day...BUT THERE WILL DEFINITELY BE A TOURNAMENT IN MAY...AND I WANT IT TO BE HUGE....so yeah...that was a bit of good news...peace

-hiroshi

vericz

Smash Champion
Good to me, I'll be out of school by then and I think others will be too??

Set an official date, I think having people choose is not a good idea. Set it for the 12th, if enough people respond then make it official.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
This is excellent. May 12th or 19th sounds good. It would be awesome if they could do this regularly two weeks after Gigabits. Two tourneys a month is just so much better than one.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I would prefer May 12th because the Panhandle Manhandlers are planning to hold a tourney in North Florida on May 19th.

RAM

Smash Lord
I would prefer May 12th because the Panhandle Manhandlers are planning to hold a tourney in North Florida on May 19th.
Who planned this lil Shing Dig? anyway I like the 19th the 12th would have been fine but the 19th is even better cause NFL can make both Gigs on the 21st of this month and then make this tourney. if room allow we'll bring a setup, but no promises for now.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
even though i said in my last post that the 19th was the official date..it actually isnt the official date until....RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!....i said it was official but phil (the owner of iNet)...just booked the 19th for smash yesterday when i went over there....so this post is officially the OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT OF iNet's 1st tourney....lol...peace

-hiroshi

vericz

Smash Champion
Alright, Brian, now all you have to do is post up some rules, times, prices and amount of TVs and cubes needed. Make sure he is allowing us to bring TVs and that there is enough space for them. I think we should leave the big screens on since the lag is very very little. that means we would probably need 6-8 more depending on the attendance.

If you are planning to go be sure to say so here so we know how big it will be. There is lots of room and lots of chairs. Brian, make a list on the 1st page of attendance and update your 1st post. Put me down on the list, I'm going :)

Edit: Since there will most likely be extra smashers from the local college we should try to do pools and cut it to a certain number, maybe 32 to make it even. Also, since we know where everyone stands at giga, we can separate pools to make it so the better smashers are separated from each other.

Zoro

Smash Champion
zoro will attend of course

OMG they did the nastiest thing to me those dmv *******s

they suspended my license in september it was an error with my school so i fixed it but they never deleted the record I cant get my license till they do.

may be next week till i drive.
it hurts alot.

vericz

Smash Champion
That's doodoo.

This tourney is looking to be a good one. Don't worry about TVs right now because hiroshi said the owner can easily get a lot of TVs to replace the ones there. Unless we do need them don't worry about it

Pritch

Smash Lord
If ram and etc are thinking of going to this then you might as well put me on there too, since I'll be home in PC by then and will probably carpool over with them.

Top Bottom