• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Indiana Social Thread - Composer is back and hosting on January 12th!

Kel

Smash Master
The trick is though, you cannot have good players without have a bunch of them. Good players are just the ones that took the game seriously from a larger group of people. You NEED training partners, or you falter.

This is why the EC is good. It isn't beause the ocean water makes them better, it's because of the population density. They have more people willing to play, so more people step up from that larger sample.

Seibrik saw this as a problem in 2008 when he traveled to the ATL North. He recognized that he couldn't improve without others improving as well. This is when Seibrik started training all of the FL heavy hitters such as Esam, Nick Riddle, and MVD. By 2010 they were destroying people out of no where in MLG.

This is why region pride exsists and I find the 'god kais' so offensive. Your area is good because you have a say in it. An area is good if it helps eachother learn, improve, and grow the community. This is why you have area/ region pride. The god kais just take people that are already good from all over/ people that went clubbing with YbM and induct them into their "crew." A real crew/ region is a group of individuals that learn and improve together and feel pride when their fellow crewmates win. It's because everyone has a hand in making their region. We just need to take responsibility for ours.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Yeah. I agree with essentially everything said above because it's true. I'll try to seriously get better. I don't know what else to say about that. Maybe I'll pick up a better secondary than Zelda? I have no intentions of dropping DK, that's just counterproductive.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Well apparently Smile is going to be in Morehead so I don't really have anyone to play with, & my internet sucks to the point where people don't want to play me in the AIB freeplay thing. T_T

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The trick is though, you cannot have good players without have a bunch of them. Good players are just the ones that took the game seriously from a larger group of people. You NEED training partners, or you falter.
This has been my problem since the very beginning. I've had nobody to consistently practice with. The closest person is Xeroxen, who lives like 45 minutes away,
and plays mario :p

Anyway, what's up thread? I might want to go to a tournament soon. I've just started playing again after barely touching the game for well over a year. What's a tournament that's coming up soon, and closest to the Fort Wayne, IN area?

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
I love playing Melee... even though I'm terrible at it. I don't believe anyone else in KY really cares much for Melee (except maybe TTar?), and I'm very limited as to where I can travel, so sorry about that. I don't know about IN, though.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I love playing Melee... even though I'm terrible at it. I don't believe anyone else in KY really cares much for Melee (except maybe TTar?), and I'm very limited as to where I can travel, so sorry about that. I don't know about IN, though.
I'd prefer playing melee over brawl and we're going to have melee/brawl at S2D depending on amount of people that show up.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I wouldn't say we don't care. I knew more good Melee players than Brawl players before joining up here.

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
I suppose I am wrong then. I apologize for that. Although, I sort of would like to know who these Melee players are and maybe even where they're located. It would be nice to get to know them if I could.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I suppose I am wrong then. I apologize for that. Although, I sort of would like to know who these Melee players are and maybe even where they're located. It would be nice to get to know them if I could.
The ones I know I know from work. We have a GCN and Wii in the breakroom, so smashers just kind of gravitate towards it during breaks and lunch and the like.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I love how I called people wanting to improve the moment Japan decided to dominate everyone.

So, there is a possibility of me moving back to Louisville because of a situation here that I doubt I could rectify due to my extremely tiny network here. So in the next 2-3 months if you people are still playing and if I have the free time (lol me ever being too busy to play Smash) I'll definitely be up to practice. Which means we need to stop being tightlipped about stuff. Whether it's match-up knowledge, general stage positioning or player habits that the person themselves is unaware of.

Character negativity should also stop as well. Nobody likes hearing "X character is bad, don't play them." or "Y character is terrible, why do people lose to this character?" It's not good for the morale of the newer low tier mains. I being a low tier main and having played this game for too long am fully aware of my handicap.

Just some thoughts.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
This has been my problem since the very beginning. I've had nobody to consistently practice with. The closest person is Xeroxen, who lives like 45 minutes away,
and plays mario :p

Anyway, what's up thread? I might want to go to a tournament soon. I've just started playing again after barely touching the game for well over a year. What's a tournament that's coming up soon, and closest to the Fort Wayne, IN area?
There's some tourneys in Ann Arbor, those are the closest ones I've been following. There is nothing in Indiana anytime soon. The only ones are in Bloomington. :/ Which is about the same distance as everywhere else.

I've been working on getting a ride there, hit me up sometime. We can work something out, I've got plenty of people who want to go to something or you could just come down to hang/play sometime.

Or I could drive to where you live. It's not that far.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Literally, I can drive there like any weekend.

ANY WEEKEND. This weekend if you want. I don't give a damn. You gotta actually do something if you want to get back into it.

Assuming no girlfriend johns of course. ;)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
that sounds like a maybe.

@composer: february 11th is february 11th

also where is the ann arbor venue? too lazy to look at the thread

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
See, the thing about northern IN is that I'm closer to Ann Arbor than your smashfest.

Also, Asdioh here's the address for the venue because I'm assuming that was what you were looking for, somewhat.

Mason Hall
419 S. State Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109

EDIT: Actually they're about the same distance from Huntington. Only a couple minutes apart.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I should probably stop using Dooms as a tag since Day stopped playing but too lazy to change anything.

I'll try, Juu. :p.

Top Bottom