• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Indiana Social Thread - Composer is back and hosting on January 12th!

wangston

Smash Lord
Smashfest at my place before revenge this friday. You guys coming? Not 100% if i will be going in the mothership because now Mach and Arbys are thinking about going to the tourney because and they want me to go with them. Not sure if they will be here friday though but they go on thanksgiving break. But i`ll be sure to let you know.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Oh, @ all of the Louisville smashers, the new person running S2D is super chill and I've talked to her. We can get things going on alternating Saturdays (meaning we get that whole day to ourself) if anyone is interested. We'd still lose to really big magic events, but thats where the store gets their money from so -shrug-. It's still a pretty cool deal for the people that want to get together and practice at a store.

Kel

Smash Master
Oh, @ all of the Louisville smashers, the new person running S2D is super chill and I've talked to her. We can get things going on alternating Saturdays (meaning we get that whole day to ourself) if anyone is interested. We'd still lose to really big magic events, but thats where the store gets their money from so -shrug-. It's still a pretty cool deal for the people that want to get together and practice at a store.
Is that where those biweeklies in 2008 were held?

If you hold tournaments/ big smashfest Kassandra and I will go!

Flailed

Smash Rookie
Ohai, I'm from Indiana and I've been playing Smash Since I was 5 on N64 :p
Please save me because I can't find anyone who plays that lives by me!

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Fashionably late to the party. 'Lo all.

Oxmoor, right? Sounds like a plan. When's the first?

Kel

Smash Master
If anyone here wants to take their game to the next level and actually dedicate to smash, let me know. I can help.

Kel

Smash Master
Playing a lot and dedication. I am more than willing to help my area improve, there just seems to be no one around that really wants to.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm in for that as long as being in Louisville isn't an issue.

My Brawl game is looking up, but in Melee I'm a 'chu fighting at least damn decent players maining A and B tiers in a 'chu-hostile four-way free-for-all.

I could use some assistance.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
^What they say.

redfeatherraven, I'm not too sure when the first one will be. I'm just gathering interest at the moment so the store can decide if they want to have brawl or not xD.

Kel

Smash Master
Actually, due to living in Kentucky, location is the biggest issue I feel. We are too spread apart to continuously play and have tournaments. We need to be playing with each other at LEAST once a week. We need some sort of place to have a bi-weekly in Kentucky. I know Dink's in Lexington had weekly tournaments on Sunday in 2008, but I haven't heard anything sense.

Really, we need standard smashfests and tournaments to improve. From there, it's all about determination and being open with each other about habits and match ups.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Smashfests starting up at UK soon. I may personally get more involved with setting that up. I've been considering seriously getting better but I need to wait a bit to tell you exactly how dedicated I am going to be on that. Starting college, probably getting a job soon, on top of all my other problems, not sure if I'll have time to care about smash. Honestly been thinking about quitting college and moving out to Alabama, I unno.

Kel

Smash Master
We need someone that goes to UK to scrounge up all those locals that went to Mayling's tournaments. It seemed like there was a lot of interest in Lex, I just don't know where it went.

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, for the first time in two months, I have started to play Brawl again... willingly. I'm starting to get interested in the game again, and I definitely want to not only improve my own skill, but I want to see everyone else improve as well. UK weeklies are starting in a week or two, like S2 said, and I have reason to attend each one. Kentucky needs to get together again and start really focusing on getting better, especially after what happened at Revenge ( only two KY players making it out of pools <.<; ). We have plenty of amazing players here such as Kel, S2, Joey (Dooms), Judo, SP, Kassandra, Eric, Ralph Cecil, Hilt, and me (apparently). Now, there are some people in that list who do seriously practice, and their results reflect it (Judo and Kel, for instance), but the rest of us, if we intend to continue attending tournaments, need to start seriously practicing and getting better.

Err... sorry, I started rambling a bit at the end, and I might be a bit wrong on a few things that I've said; honestly, I simply just intended to say that I would definitely like to practice with you guys when the opportunity arises, but I got carried away. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Don't forget Hilt (unless he only plays at Jake's tournaments o_O'). Ralph too, I think.

Yeah. We really do need to step it up. It seems like most of us are trying, though.

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget Hilt (unless he only plays at Jake's tournaments o_O'). Ralph too, I think.

Yeah. We really do need to step it up. It seems like most of us are trying, though.
I thought Hilt quit. Also, yeah, whoops... I knew I was forgetting someone @_@ Sorry. It is good that you guys are getting serious now, though. I sort of want to go on AiB freeplay, but the last time I did, I was yelled at for wanting practice on a specific stage... and I use Olimar.... No one wants to fight Oli on Wi-Fi :/

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Yeah. I can't get people to play me on wifi either xD. They're just not interested because I'm not popular XD.

Not sure if Hilt really quit. He still plays at Jake's tournaments, but that may just be because it's Jake xD.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Would have trouble appearing weekly to gigs in Lex; money's tight. I'd probably be able to pop in at least monthly or bi-monthly, though.

Dooms, since I'm in the vicinity, hit me up if I can help with any S2D arrangements. Probably also know some interested peeps at work.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Would have trouble appearing weekly to gigs in Lex; money's tight. I'd probably be able to pop in at least monthly or bi-monthly, though.

Dooms, since I'm in the vicinity, hit me up if I can help with any S2D arrangements. Probably also know some interested peeps at work.
Edit: Didn't read bottom of post because I'm too tired XD.

I'll PM you.

Top Bottom