• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INCOMPLETE! Styling on you! Two! Western NY Tourney Results

Snakeee

Smash Master
what do you think Dk's saying? I've always thought it's "I don't know" o-o
LMAO I always like to impersonate that taunt XD

yeah i say "I don't know" but thats actually more his expression and it just sounds like that. Pretty sure its really just a funny growl. I don't think DK can talk >_>

PinPoint

Smash Apprentice
All I remember is my team (Sit n Spin) toasted
's team.
and then almost won (read: lost) against dudutsai/thmanalord and then to neil/goggles.

good stuff, more text to come in subsequent posts.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
my favorite parts of the tourney

beating a falco on japes with ganon in brawl. (I powershielded so many lasers it was rediculous.) also, acton, we forgot to save game 3, if you dont remember.
Winning Cura's Girlfriend and 2 dollars from him in a money match on sunday at jesses place, my ganon vs falcon. in brawl
Giving Scud Missile his gamertag while making brackets (its a play on his last name, pretty legit if you ask me)
Every melee match I played after foy had me get that can of blue mountain dew. (was playing some of my best melee matches ever after that) and as a byproduct of that:
-beating snakeee in a bunch of melee friendlies.
-playing http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkOblivion4327#p/u/0/bQSdgksxOyQ this match in tourney (thats pyros Yt account btw.)
-beating artery clogger in tourney (its was madd close and super fun.)
-beating nightro in a ganon ditto mm.
-getting one hit away from beating jesse in tourney.
Timing out leet-0 in a money match (thats saved on somebodys wii btw, sonic vs ness on halberd, if you have it, let me know, i really enjoyed that match)
My kirby in smash 64 at jesses place on sun.
Beating altairians pika with fox (im just saying, it was funny, and the fact that its supposed to be "impossible is lulz"

as a matter of fact i think im going to make that my catch phrase or something.

KIDGoggles, Making the Impossible, Possible

SRFL91

Smash Rookie
Haha good times indeed Kanto. Sharky your yoshi is too good!!! Making ppl fly into those fsmashes ftw.

SRFL91

Smash Rookie
Haha cura, you can change the name if you want to. I don't mind.

altairian

Smash Lord

Beating altairians pika with fox (im just saying, it was funny, and the fact that its supposed to be "impossible is lulz"
I've lost to every character in this game. It's really not an accomplishment. I'm glad I finally got to play you for once, regardless. Now I'll consider MM'ing you at SS3 ;)

Sharky

Smash Master
altarian is going to make a challenge for top 10 PR next time we re-rank, along with Foy. I'm calling this now.

altairian

Smash Lord
If I can stop getting nervous in tourney sets and playing dumb.

The brackets being seeded something resembling properly would help a lot, too.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Maybe it is a dumb question but... Is there a bracket for Brawl singles?

Also, which were the final payouts?

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Alright I placed like crap, but still had fun

shoutouts-ish:

KID- best set ever, going from getting ***** as marth to being a beast as roy, so close to a 3rd game
Foy- I believe you need to come to smash club, or i'm going to punch you in the eye with a meatgrinder
TML- good couple of games, thanks for the ****
Dudutsai- **** you
Nightro- yes i'm spastic, it's more entertaining that way :p
Spamus- I played you, and at some point i'm going to hurt you for winning.
Artery Clogger- i think we played???
Mark (AC's friend)- nice fox, i expect to see you again
Scud Missile- ... ****ing scud missile....
Steffon- ???
Jesse- did not play you at all :(
Steven- also did not play you :(
Minh- want to punch you
Amber- I'm enjoying my $1.50
Irish- I'll doubt you'll ever see this but gg's
Rob- you should challenge Foy to a trolling MM
SHETH- shouldn't you have given birth by now?

Also, get ready for RIT's tourney in 1 month

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
SHOTOUTS!

Shiv: Dude, your MK took me by huge surprise...never before have I met an MK that knew the ditto so well...I thought I knew it amazingly..and you ***** me every single time. Definitely need to relook that matchup. On the other hand though you should probably look up other hard matchups for MK cuz my trashy diddy and snake were stylin on you :p GGs dude, next time maybe MM

Jesse: Only got to play 1 friendly in brawl with you (first time ever playing you in brawl) and I won?? O_O Either I got a ****ton better, or you got worse. I honestly don't know which to believe, since right before I played you you were goin pretty even with San...

San: Also only got 1 friendly with you...and it wasn't against Ike which was unfortunate...Next time I wanna get a few more friendlies in if possible.

Neil: Dude you keep pullin the same bulllcrap every tourney and people keep falling for it. HOW YOU DO THAT?!? Teach me to be like you guy. GGs the night before the tourney, didnt get to play you at all while we were there, but I really wanna play you at the next tourney, whether its in brackets or MM.

SHETH: Dude, we really need to work on our doubles X_X. Good job on your placing, you're really getting better but you need to learn to be more campy like Hulk and a little less predictable. Also we need to work on your high tire matchups son.

KIDGoggles: **** dude. Even though I placed incredibly ****ty at this tourney you gotta admit in both our brackets set and our MM I'm getting closer to becoming even with you. You got some lucky shenanigans on our last match in the MM on halberd, otherwise I mighta been able to turn that around. Thanks for the MM cuz I think I have a much better handling on Lucario now whereas before that matchup was almost as bad as my G&W matchup. You and Hulk need to give me some more training before April 10th so my placings actually reflect my skill level at RIT's tourney.

Hulk: Great placing dude! Knew you had it in ya. Dunno if RIT's tourney will have teams but we should team up in the future considering we never teamed for SS2 due to my illness.

Bry: Nice friendlies as always, your PT isn't too bad considering it's PT lol but I'd say stick with Pika...you definitely have much greater tech skill with him and just need to learn to camp harder like Neil and before you know it you'll be amazing.

Sharky: Nice MM dude, my rainbow cruise counterpick = completely lolz. :p Definitely had fun fighting your Yoshi, you're definitely legit bro, hope to play you again in the future.

Eevee: Disappointed you didn't enter singles so I could knock the mess outta you again :p Hahaha I'm just playin' but seriously you should enter next time despite what you say Peach definitely is viable in singles, just look at Snakeee. GGs in doubles, and if you don't have a partner next time around and I'm not teaming with SHETH or Hulk wanna team?

Foy: WTF man, playin brawl for like 2 days and you have a halfway decent Marth? Lolololololol fun friendlies full of lolz, hope to play you in the future.

1337-0: Wow dude, I've played Bars' Ness like a hundred times since I met him...and I knock the mess outta him every time, and then I go into my first round of tourney thinking I know the matchup fairly well and get *****. Your ness is too good sir. Good games, but next tourney you better believe I'm gonna know the matchup inside and out.

Pyro: I think next tourney I may just enter melee singles for the lolz to place higher than you as Puff so you can stop calling me bad :p

Cura: Thanks SO much for the MM against your IC's. Playing against SHETH just isn't the same since no offense to SHETH he can't CG as consistenetly as you can. Scarily enough your So-Po scared me just as much as both climbers did O_O in fact on battlefield I think you took an entire stock off of me with JUST popo. But luckily by the middle of game 2 I learned to play the matchup better, and I think I can have a fair handle against IC's now. Thanks again dude, and congrats on 2nd.

SRFL91

Smash Rookie
LOL THANKS!! I'll definitely check those matchups out. I want to play you again as soon as possible. And that goes for like, everybody I played/didn't get to play on saturday.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
this tournament was fun <3

but that newcomer VisciousEnd is really ****ing lucky we didn't face in tournament. otherwise exactly the same **** would have happened that happened in our fox ditto set. WORD. get out of here you bad boy, you're so bad! driving really fast and smoking cigarettes. rolling space animals. buzz cut. DITCH THE GLASSES. get a face tattoo.

p.s. changing my name to MaliciousBlend

malicious blend of weed that is

=)

p.s. not updating or doing shoutouts till a few days or so. it's my spring break PARTY WEOOO

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
While I've got some free time and things are still fresh in my memory, lemme shout out to some peeps.

First to Minh for dragging my *** out of bed and putting up with my *****ing all the way to the tourney and for being the best teams partner <3, <3, no homo, etc.
Also, many thanks to Dave for driving us.

Dudtsai- You're one of my favorite players right now. You're mad chill and very insightful. We need to discuss match-ups with each other more. I think it would benefit both of us.

Mana- You already know, man. It was great getting to see you. Like you said, you're the shine-bandit of western ny. Hopefully we can play more at Jesse's or something in the near future.

Neil - good job at brawl. I guess your pikachu ******ry thrives in that game or something. Also, nice doubles set. Your shiek is amazing, etc, etc, l2p marth, etc etc.

Goggles - good job with the tourney, good doubles set. Apparently you did well in melee singles or something? good job with that too.

Cura - You're probably the only reason I don't bash brawl more. I like you, dude. Great doubles set. I want to give you and evee some tips because, your team seems gay enough to do great things ( in melee ).

Evee - Pleasure meeting you in person. I will try to teach you peach stuff the next time we meet. I'll see if I'm any good at teaching.

Mark - It was cool meeting you. You're pretty good right now, but with some practice you'll have a **** fox. Thanks for the ride home and I'll see you soon hopefully.

Beta - One of the more pleasant surprises from this toruney. You're getting better at a great rate. Your fox is probably at least as good as mine ( if that means anything to you) and I can't wait to play you again.

ZOMGROB - nice to see you again, man. Unfortunately we didn't get to play each other. And I swear I saw you at this past MAGFEST. Weren't you there? Anyway, until next time.

Foy - You're getting a lot better, dude. I'm very impressed. I think you've actually managed to piss off some people with your smash hobo-ism and ascension to a higher plane. I will give you more non-dsmash spammy peach practice, unless I'm feeling really giddy, anyway.
Oh yeah, and up-tilt edge-guard is where it's at.

Amber - I've already spoken to you, but you're getting so much better, you probably don't even realize it yet.

Rob - I was definitely taking notes on your barrel camp/ troll style on jungle japes. I will add that to my repertoire.

Nitro - I've already told you how impressed I am with how much better you've gotten. Your ganon was giving me migrains. Hope to see you around campus sometime soon.

VisciousEnd - Great job in doubles and singles. You played pretty gay when you needed to, so keep that up. Just stop yelling so much.

Jessie - Also good job in singles and doubles. Hopefully next time, Minh and I will provide better teams competition and doubles finals will be more hype. Unfortunately, I don't think I got to see you play any singles, but I have a pretty good idea of what it probably looked like

Kantō

Smash Champion
this tournament was fun <3

but that newcomer VisciousEnd is really ****ing lucky we didn't face in tournament. otherwise exactly the same **** would have happened that happened in our fox ditto set. WORD. get out of here you bad boy, you're so bad! driving really fast and smoking cigarettes. rolling space animals. buzz cut. DITCH THE GLASSES. get a face tattoo.

p.s. changing my name to MaliciousBlend

malicious blend of weed that is

=)

p.s. not updating or doing shoutouts till a few days or so. it's my spring break PARTY WEOOO
hahah thats amazing mana

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
I guarantee he's gonna tell you to break out of the grab quicker =P
didnt u and san teach me that on the way to vc7? i could never get out of the grab that quick as you guys can. when im being grabbed, my reaction isnt that quick ._.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I told you how to do it multiple times on AIM if I recall correctly.

The thing is, if you see you're about to get grabbed, start mashing buttons/rotating control stick as soon as you can BEFORE you get grabbed so you can get all those buffered inputs.
+ you're DK. if you can get out, you could have the frame advantage.

Foy

Smash Champion
Brawl Singles
1. PikaPika (Pikachu, MK) *split* You're a *****.
1. Cura (IC, Marth) *split* Good **** getting this good. Keep it up and get this good in melee!
3. San (IKE) Ike is broken and only you know this i guess. >_>
4. Dr. Grandpa (DK) GRANDPA!!!
5. Snakeee ( ZSS, MK, Peach) Didn't talk or hangout much, saw you starcrafting it though.
5. JesiahTEG (Snake, PT ;] ) PT? Pregnant teenagers?
7. 1337-0 (Ness!) Yo you and sharky beat me and sam. =[ Good stuff man.
7. XXX (Wario) ANGELL!!!! Thanks for everything and playing against me even though im terribad at things, ill get good at this game just so we can team someday.
9. Kanto (Pikachu, PT) PT dittos were so good man, hopefully we play more often.
9. Sharky (Yoshi) Sharky!!!! Good stuff at the tournametn and at jesse man. Pokemon Stadium!
9. Noob Slayer 92 (MK) You didn't slay me *****.
9. Zomgrob (D3) YO man hopefully i can get up to buffalo to chill sometime.
13. K.I.D Goggles (Sonic, Wolf, Falco, Gannon(its ganon not gannon))Sup!
13. Kozimoto?I didnt see you guys for long. =[ You guys came and left mad fast.
13. Sheth? (DK, Luigi?!?!) SHETH! We need to play more
13. Joe Fury? MOE BURY!
17. Foy (snake) First brawl tournament, beast.
17. Acton (Falco) Yo we didnt play but next time we should
17. Frostbite (Iceclimbers Pikachu)Don't.....remember you :estatic::estatic::estatic:
17. Dudtisai (Ike)DUDU WE TIED. =[
25. Altarian (Pikachu) >_>
25. NightroGlycerine (Marth)<_< saving this for melee one.
25. O.M.R (Toonlink) Good stuff old man. Really close matches.
25. Moss (Mk)MOSSS
25. Darhem (Mk?)Mom?

Melee Singles

1. Jesiah TEG (Everyone) Yo brah its all about dem wake and bake training sessions.
2. Vicious aka bad boy (Fox, Falco)Bad *** Mutha****a

3. Dudutsai aka king of doo doo (Jpuff)You did so good.
4. ManaLord (Falcon fox more?) Yo bro come move in with me nuff said.
5. Pikapika! (Sheik marth) 5th, you're getting to old for this game.
5. K.I.D Goggles (gannon) How did you get fifth. =_= This makes me so mad.
7. Minh (Link) This makes me extremely happy though.
7. Spamus43 (Samus) Grrrrr.
9. NightroGlycerine (Gannon) Good **** on both you and spamus coming out of nowhere. Ill win back my money from that MM next time. ;]
9. ZOMGRob (Jpuff)**** you always place ninth.
13. Cura (Iceclimbers Marth) Good MM and everything. we need to play more next time.

Burak: Good stuff, we need to play more like right now but you are at work like a *****hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
General: How did you not get top 10? Come play more when im at jesses.
Amber: getting better!!! Get those pokemon things up!!! POLIWAG OR ELSE:mad::chuckle:
Rob: You so bad.
That mark kid that saw me burp up smoke: Your faux is so good dude. Play more and get to rochester.
Buffalo kids: Show up for stuff or throw tournament, too coolllll.

Everyone else i missed you are all *****es. *****ES I SAY...including pyro.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
all that b4 i get grabbed"?? That sounds really difficult
Breaking out is the best way to beat climbers. when IC's grab popo has to wait for nana to sync back up in order to cg properly and effectively. If you input mashes before the grab the buffer system can break you out before nana syncs back up. Allowing you to break out at higher percent even at like 60. Also pikachu might be a gayer match up then mk and snake idk just yet.
Good thing i have marth.

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
1. PikaPika (Pikachu, MK) *split* (this guy's a genius he doesnt train like ever this my boyyy)
1. Cura (IC, Marth) *split* (amazing ability to read his opponents i was amazed by that u deserved this spot)
3. San (IKE) (You own me now big time I dont know how to beat your ike anymore ggs lol thanks for teamin up with me we pwn as usual ) O yea I Figured out how to Edgeguard ya by footstoolin you off stage but that was in friendlies till later u figured it out by airdodging and messed me up in tournament LOL @ your reading GJ lmao
4. Dr. Grandpa (DK) yay made $7
5. Snakeee ( ZSS, MK, Peach) (most intense matches ive ever had my heart was pounding on our last stock but i got predictable at the ledge which u f-air'ed me with peach for the win definitely good exp for me)
5. JesiahTEG (Snake, PT ;] ) (stop sandbagging step it up yo or quit brawl completely if u dont like the game)
7. 1337-0 (Ness!) (when i saw u vs san or pikapika your ness was beast till u got predictable somewhat but keep practicing hope u'd top higher next time)
7. XXX (Wario) (Omg your wario was completely different from the last time i fought u ggs)
9. Kanto (Pikachu, PT) (dam U used PT at this tournament? I wish i got to see it)
9. Sharky (Yoshi) (Lol u improved alot and lol @ your spammy eggs)
9. Noob Slayer 92 (MK) (Dam some random mk showed up and did really well saw your matches vs Bar and Lucas guy honestly u couldve beaten bar if u tried to read him he roll too many times)
9. Zomgrob (D3) (Whos this???)
13. K.I.D Goggles (Sonic, Wolf, Falco, Gannon) (What the hell how did u place this low Are you still maining Sonic after this tournament?? Personally you're better off with good characters)

Sharky

Smash Master
hulk, in case you're interested, neil actually mashes buttons slightly differently from everyone else from what I can see. He turns his right hand over and uses his fingernails, presumably because they slide across the buttons easier, it was pretty interesting to watch. I might actually try to pick that up, I tried it a couple times and it seemed to work better if I could keep it up/get it going quickly enough.

lol@the egg comment, I'm slowly learning that I just can't approach some characters consistently, so I'm just using eggs more to build damage, and I guess it's working, sorry if it seemed annoying at all, I know it's bugged some people =P

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I always have the most quality
Shoutouts:

altairian: As usual, thanks for driving so far out of your way again! Sorry I was a jerk and beat you in an MM... Let's play more next time so you can get that Snake matchup down... or maybe you were just off. Either way we'll play more next time. I'm getting more serious about Brawl now. Also thanks soooo much for waiting another 6 hours or something after your tournament had ended.

Artery Clogger: I love the Puff vs Weegee matchup! We'll do more next time for sure. It's so much more relaxed than having to deal with pills all over the place!

Beta: WOW! I said it a few times, but I don't think I can emphasize this enough... Beta is so freaking good in Melee now. The skill level from last few tournaments has really just exploded, and I can see him placing really high next tournament. Way to **** all my secondaries (no seriously I put work into my secondaries lol).

Cura: Thanks again for housing all of us! Your pre-tournament smashfests are the best. Your new place is awesome as well, every time I go, there are so many new cool changes. Oh for Brawl I chickened out and went mostly Snake :/

Eevee: Overcoming my phobia of girls and finally shouting you out. Sorry it took like 4 tournaments! You're always so cool to me, but we never end up playing! I wanna play you in both games, and I'll find you next time, because Shiv tells me you're really good! Also LOL at attempting to timeout on Japes. I smiled really wide when I saw that.

Foy: Did we even play? If so, then it wasn't nearly enough! I do remember watching your Falcon beasting on everyone though. What happened in singles? We'll play more next time for sure.

Hubble: Hey what's up?? It sucks that you were busy for much of the tournament, and it sucks even more that you didn't enter. We'll play even more next time. Gotta get that tech skill down dude!

JesiahTEG: Minus the first set, I thought playing you in losers was the most intense fun I've had in a long while. Honestly I was perfectly on my game, in both control and lucid thinking, and I'm very glad I was able to play you at my best, even though I got 3-0'd. I wish you would play me more though, Jigglypuff matchup doesn't get any easier unless you practice it right?

KIDGoggles: Glad to see you were able to prove yourself in Melee. You really should have won our set, and I think it's hilarious that you did better in Melee than you did in Brawl. As always, much respect to you and the way you do things.

Knee of Justice: You beat me at my best.... Congratulations! All that's left is to go out and start beating known players. I believe in you. Just don't forget to treat the noobs with respect, even when you're at the top! Go change that terrible elitist mindset that plagues many of the top level players. Also... you'll always be KoJ to me. None of that DeliciousBlend nonsense

Minh: We only played in teams, but that Link is awesome! You're the only Link I've played recently, so unfortunately I can't make a comparison to Skler yet. It sucks that we didn't find each other earlier I hear your Marth is really good, and I know firsthand your Link sure is.

Nitro: We didn't play in Melee, but the Brawl matches were pretty intense.

Pyro: LOL

RTF: I'm really sorry I was such a ****. I've got no excuses, especially since I troll pretty hard irl as well. Maybe I was just angry cause I kept jumping into your platform dsmashes LOL. I'll be ready for that next time.

San: You are my hero. You better go win that $100 at WHOBO! =D

Sharky: I can't do it anymore. Too many losses is bad for my confidence. I didn't get to rematch your Pichu and Link either, so I guess you'll always have these things over me. Seriously though, I didn't get to hear all the cool impressions you were making. We'll talk next time about this.

Snakeee: Car rides over and back were lots of fun. You have such good music downloaded, and I thought it was really cool that you literally have $10K worth of mindgames.

Spam: I had lots of fun playing you. Sheik vs Puff is tough, but you were getting it near the end. I feel honored to get a drawing without even having requested one, thanks a ton!!

Spamus: Your Samus is so good! The whole tournament basically everyone I asked said that they were knocked out by you. Looking forward to more improvement. You're the only Samus main we've got.

The General: Awesome finally getting to play you! I've been hearing stories about how you're really good, and you don't disappoint! Gotta play your Peach next time though. Really fun playing and talking to you, I'm always on AIM, so we'll chat it up sometime!

TheManaLord: There's so much to say... Firstly, thank you so much for getting in that car with me, I thought I was a goner. I did some thinking, and I realized that both of us were doing much better with other teammates. I don't even think it was that either of us were off our game, just that our playstyles synched terribly together. There's not much we can do about that at the last moment like that, so I'm sorry if I made you feel bad, because it was as much my fault as it was yours... Gotta talk to you on AIM, cause this is getting to be a paragraph dedicated to just ManaLord LOL.

XxNoobSlayer92xX: Who the hell was this kid? That name pisses me off I wanna money match him next time I see him.

ZOMGRob: Nice to finally meet you. Doc is always scary for me, so we should totally do PUFF DITTOS next time. I look forward to doing some awesome dittos with you.

If I forgot anyone, just yell at me and I'll edit you on.

Top Bottom