• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Except Marth I haven't really had any impossible to win matchups with her. There are a few that give me problems, but she's low tier material TBH. And even low tier have won a few tourneys. Outside of low tier tournaments.

Should look into stale moves, certain staled bairs/fairs lead to themselves no matter what and such. Would be interesting info and may lead to other discoveries.

I also pulled off a jab lock > rest today on Snake. It made me brawlgasm.

Icyo

Smash Ace
Anyways I think the next step for the jigglypuff boards would be to take a good look at jiggs and finally admit that she is a bottom tier character. The ganon, falcon, and link boards have all come to accept this (at least i think they have) and we need to as well. Jigglypuff is not middle tier, mabey not even low tier but bottom tier. IMO she has mabey 3-6 good matchups and a lot of bad ones. She really isn't a viable character anymore.
Have the Yoshis accepted this?

PND

Smash Champion
Honestly Meta, most of her top players see her as beyond what she's listed as, and find ways to deal with her problem matchups. . . I think that's an indication that she has some semblance of potential. Not to mention that you seem to be the only one who's saying she's hopeless, yet we have a few other players going on and proving our discussions right. I honestly think you're being way too negative with her. She's a bad character, but she's a diamond in the rough. She has enough positive traits that she can perform well enough against most matchups.

She'll never be solo viable, but either with a secondary or as a secondary she can function well.

SuSa

Honestly Meta, most of her top players see her as beyond what she's listed as, and find ways to deal with her problem matchups. . . I think that's an indication that she has some semblance of potential. Not to mention that you seem to be the only one who's saying she's hopeless, yet we have a few other players going on and proving our discussions right. I honestly think you're being way too negative with her. She's a bad character, but she's a diamond in the rough. She has enough positive traits that she can perform well enough against most matchups.

She'll never be solo viable, but either with a secondary or as a secondary she can function well.
Quoted for truth.

SuSa

Who's a virgin in here? Curiosity strikes me.
Odd question to ask... not sure if its appropriate or not, doesn't seem to be...

XDDDDDDDDDD way to totally snap the tension with the most awkward question imaginable. I plan to lose it this summer when I gets myself a six pack at the gym ;o
6 packs just get you drunk

Metatitan

Smash Master
I think he's just trying to break the tension between the jiggs boards ;)

Point being since a few other people I know won't say it, I will: The jigglypuff boards are full of ****

I won't list specifics but I'll probly stop posting aside from the general discussion, no point in posting in a waste of time.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman

Anyone have any interesting things to say about relationships or dating in general?

I'll start off by saying I cannot get an Asian girl for the life of me (mind you, I'm Asian too). I've always dated white chicks.

Ironic because you white guys steal away our Asian honeys! >=/ (no offense to any caucasian male reading this whose currently dating an Asian girl)

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
A cute girl hugged me once during my sophmore year at high school.

That was about the closest thing to a relationship I've gotten so far.

(I'm a senior next year)

Thats why I main Diddy Kong but still play Jigglypuff. Unfortenatly at tournaments like COT4 and Apex I never found a chance to use Jigglypuff at all in the tournaments.

However, I can definatly tell you that I'm using her for real next time at my tournament because Jungle Japes is allowed. Heh heh heh. Jiggs is a god there.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I'd probably never use jigglypuff in tournament just because she's so bad. Not to mention bigfoot lives 15 minutes from me so unless I wanna get *****, I have to go peach on japes.

PND

Smash Champion

Anyone have any interesting things to say about relationships or dating in general?

I'll start off by saying I cannot get an Asian girl for the life of me (mind you, I'm Asian too). I've always dated white chicks.

Ironic because you white guys steal away our Asian honeys! >=/ (no offense to any caucasian male reading this whose currently dating an Asian girl)
I'm half white / half black, and I <3 Asian girls.

Interesting things to say about relationships? Like, horror stories, or advice?

Horror story: One of my exes, after I broke up with her and refused to take her back, got into bestiality and subsequently was institutionalized for being crazy. I'm not sure if I caused it, but as one friend so eloquently put it, "I left a sexual void so big only a horse could fill it." Ew.

Advice: Take up a couple of new hobbies, preferably "exciting" or "dangerous" in nature. Example, I play drums, and have toured and recorded before with a punk band. Don't be boring. Start skydiving, or take lessons on how to fly a plane, or something. Be interesting to talk to, be fun, and be alpha male. Also, if you're not, try and get a bit fitter. You don't have to be ripped, but take care of yourself.

Also: learn how to make fun of a girl without offending her. This is an important skill to master.

Metatitan

Smash Master

Horror story: One of my exes, after I broke up with her and refused to take her back, got into bestiality and subsequently was institutionalized for being crazy. I'm not sure if I caused it, but as one friend so eloquently put it, "I left a sexual void so big only a horse could fill it." Ew.

Advice: Take up a couple of new hobbies, preferably "exciting" or "dangerous" in nature. Example, I play drums, and have toured and recorded before with a punk band. Don't be boring. Start skydiving, or take lessons on how to fly a plane, or something. Be interesting to talk to, be fun, and be alpha male. Also, if you're not, try and get a bit fitter. You don't have to be ripped, but take care of yourself.

Also: learn how to make fun of a girl without offending her. This is an important skill to master.
Mmmmmm asian chicks. Good eye Mike

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779

oh lawl...............

lol men. On average they last about a day with me before I dump them. This one hot guy lasted two years with me tho, but once the novelty value of him being hot ran out and I saw his personality sucked and he was really selfish, I dumped him.

But yea I'm Catholic. Do you know what that means? :embarrass:embarrassIt's nice because I can know if a guy truly wants to date me or just trying to use me for "something else" (because they won't get any of that :chuckle:). Only one guy wouldn't date me because of my religion (or the fact I wouldn't do anything with him, rather).

PND

Smash Champion
Not even the counting the celibacy until marriage, I don't think I could date a devout religious girl because of opposed viewpoints and values.

I'm an atheist, a firm believer in science. I think the bible and religion is good as a moral compass, it teaches the benefits of selflessness and doing things for the good of humanity rather than pure personal gain, although I do believe personal gain is important. I just don't think it should be accepted as fact because, in my high offensive opinion, it's just fairy tales. It is just designed to preach morality, much like the Brother's Grim. We all know the big bad wolf isn't real, but even that's slightly more plausible than a great flood killing 99% of the world's population, covering the world, and leaving absolutely no damage to the world when it seceded, much less an ark.

And aside from that, there is some truly ****ed up things in the bible. I feel a lot of the stuff surrounding sexuality and homosexuality is outright insane. And people who use violence or bigotry in the name of religion, in my opinion, are among the lowest of the scum on this planet, next to child rapists and people who talk during movies.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Not even the counting the celibacy until marriage, I don't think I could date a devout religious girl because of opposed viewpoints and values.

I'm an atheist, a firm believer in science. I think the bible and religion is good as a moral compass, it teaches the benefits of selflessness and doing things for the good of humanity rather than pure personal gain, although I do believe personal gain is important. I just don't think it should be accepted as fact because, in my high offensive opinion, it's just fairy tales. It is just designed to preach morality, much like the Brother's Grim. We all know the big bad wolf isn't really, but even that's slightly more plausible than a great flood killing 99% of the world's population, covering the world, and leaving absolutely no damage to the world when it seceded, much less an ark.

And aside from that, there is some truly ****ed up things in the bible. I feel a lot of the stuff surround sexuality and homosexuality is outright insane. And people who use violence or bigotry in the name of religion, in my opinion, are among the lowest of the scum on this planet, next to child rapists and people who talk during movies.
Rome has a very bloody past about what you just brought up thar

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
lol one of my friends dated this girl and she was pretty tomboyish to begin with, but still had looks. He was a pretty controlling guy in the relationship, and one day he forced her to have sex with him (without a condom). Eventually, they broke up because he was caught cheating with my girlfriend -_-

The girl changed from then on. She turned lesbian.

How does it feel to date a girl only to result in her going gay? Ouch.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779

I'm an atheist, a firm believer in science. I think the bible and religion is good as a moral compass, it teaches the benefits of selflessness and doing things for the good of humanity rather than pure personal gain, although I do believe personal gain is important. I just don't think it should be accepted as fact because, in my high offensive opinion, it's just fairy tales. It is just designed to preach morality, much like the Brother's Grim. We all know the big bad wolf isn't really, but even that's slightly more plausible than a great flood killing 99% of the world's population, covering the world, and leaving absolutely no damage to the world when it seceded, much less an ark.

And aside from that, there is some truly ****ed up things in the bible. I feel a lot of the stuff surround sexuality and homosexuality is outright insane. And people who use violence or bigotry in the name of religion, in my opinion, are among the lowest of the scum on this planet, next to child rapists and people who talk during movies.
I'm not "devout." I don't go to church, I don't even beleive everything in the bible ( Yeah, like God would say "man will rule over you" to the woman and make her have pain during childbirth as a punishment... uh no.) The bible has some pearls of wisdom... but some of it really is outdated.

People who go to war over religion are truly a disgrace and make good practioners look bad. The guy who was with me for 2 years was agnostic, and I didn't care at all. Nor did I ever try to force any of my views on him. I respect different opinions, unless you are SUPER extreme. Like I dated an atheist before but I dumped him because he was bat**** crazy atheist. He wanted to start an atheist club at the university (there is no other religion clubs...) he was subscribed to over 9000 athiest users on youtube, and nearly ALL of his favorites were stuff hating on Christianity or trying to debunk it. Like seriously... ALL of his favorites was that. Not normal. He was waaay too extreme. :urg:

But you know I don't think it's just religion that I am celibate. To me it would be cheating on my future husband if I did anything before marriage.:ohwell:

Metatitan

Smash Master
lol one of my friends dated this girl and she was pretty tomboyish to begin with, but still had looks. He was a pretty controlling guy in the relationship, and one day he forced her to have sex with him (without a condom). Eventually, they broke up because he was caught cheating with my girlfriend -_-

The girl changed from then on. She turned lesbian.

How does it feel to date a girl only to result in her going gay? Ouch.
Yeah that happened to one of my friends. Turns out her boyfriend was using her to find out if he was really gay. She was pretty pissed.

I'm not "devout." I don't go to church, I don't even beleive everything in the bible ( Yeah, like God would say "man will rule over you" to the woman and make her have pain during childbirth as a punishment... uh no.) The bible has some pearls of wisdom... but some of it really is outdated.

People who go to war over religion are truly a disgrace and make good practioners look bad. The guy who was with me for 2 years was agnostic, and I didn't care at all. Nor did I ever try to force any of my views on him. I respect different opinions, unlesss you are SUPER extreme. Like I dated an atheist before but I dumped him because he was bat**** crazy atheist. He wanted to start an atheist club at the university (there is no other religion clubs...) he was subscribed to over 9000 athiest users on youtube, and nearly ALL of his favorites were stuff hating on Christianity or trying to debunk it. Like seriously... ALL of his favorites was that. Not normal. He was waaay too extreme. :urg:

But you know I don't think it's just religion that I am celibate. To me it would be cheating on my future husband if I did anything before marriage.:ohwell:
My uncle is a crazy rightwinged republican (so right that everything he says is right and everything you say is wrong) and believes every word of the bible. But i just ignore him half the time.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Yeah that happened to one of my friends. Turns out her boyfriend was using her to find out if he was really gay. She was pretty pissed.

My uncle is a crazy rightwinged republican (so right that everything he says is right and everything you say is wrong) and believes every word of the bible. But i just ignore him half the time.
People who beleive every word of the bible disturb me. Some stuff is so ridiculous like "If you don't get baptized, you go to hell" and I really think a lot of stuff in there was written to control women.:mad::mad:

PND

Smash Champion
As for the crazy atheist point: I agree. Religious extremists and "anti-religious" extremists are the same. People preaching religion to me disgust me, as do people I see preaching atheism to the religious. Fanaticism is the scourge of humanity.

And for the celibacy: I'm not celibate by any stretch, but if I was truly "in love" with someone, I think I could wait. . . to a degree. Physical intimacy releases oxytocin, which is a hormone / pheromone that initially causes a feeling of euphoria, but more importantly, is the hormone responsible for biologically causing males to want to settle down. On the purely biological level, it's hard for a guy to commit to a woman if there isn't a chemical basis for doing so, this is thought to be evolutionary in nature.

However, oxytocin is not released only through sex, but cuddling as well. So in order for a guy to commit in a celibate relationship, there has to be lot's of physical intimacy without sexual activity. But, from the male perspective, that much physical intimacy without sex is torture, we often lack the ability to distinguish the subtleties of "good touch, bad touch" as it were. Once again, likely borne out of evolution and the base human desire to populate.

So basically: relationships are complex and suck.

EDIT: I *was* baptized, and I'm not religious, but I guess either I get to go to heaven and YOU two don't. . . or we'll all see eachother in hell. :p

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
As for the crazy atheist point: I agree. Religious extremists and "anti-religious" extremists are the same. People preaching religion to me disgust me, as do people I see preaching atheism to the religious. Fanaticism is the scourge of humanity.

And for the celibacy: I'm not celibate by any stretch, but if I was truly "in love" with someone, I think I could wait. . . to a degree. Physical intimacy releases oxytocin, which is a hormone / pheromone that initially causes a feeling of euphoria, but more importantly, is the hormone responsible for biologically causing males to want to settle down. On the purely biological level, it's hard for a guy to commit to a woman if there isn't a chemical basis for doing so, this is thought to be evolutionary in nature.

However, oxytocin is not released only through sex, but cuddling as well. So in order for a guy to commit in a celibate relationship, there has to be lot's of physical intimacy without sexual activity. But, from the male perspective, that much physical intimacy without sex is torture, we often lack the ability to distinguish the subtleties of "good touch, bad touch" as it were. Once again, likely borne out of evolution and the base human desire to populate.

EDIT: I *was* baptized, and I'm not religious, but I guess either I get to go to heaven and YOU two don't. . . or we'll all see eachother in hell. :p
looool you must think im a stiff. Of course we had physical intimacy. But you know it's funny you said physical intimacy without sex is torture for guys, because at one point he told me... "you must LOVE sexual tension" LMAO xD:bee:

PND

Smash Champion
Do I think you're a stiff? Not really, live and let live. If you can find a man who's dedicated enough to stay celibate and stay committed, he's a keeper. However, he may also be crazy by the time it comes to "keep" him :laugh:

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman

Couldn't have said it any better myself. I was put in a position where I had lots of sexual intimacy with a girl, but we didn't have intercourse...

But that all changes once you're placed on a nice, big bed and the parents aren't home. There's something about a bed where a girl fully opens up into having sex. It's quite hard to control the desire to have sexual intercourse alone at home with no one around. It's a huge, exciting rush thinking, "Are we gonna get caught? Well, whatever. This feels really good! So who cares?"

PND

Smash Champion
I'm Canadian. . . so my opinion doesn't matter.

BUT: It's hard to really judge so early into his presidential career right now. He's stuck in a financial crisis, a mess of a war, and so many ethical debates around the use of torture and unlawful detainment brought forth from the previous administration that it's hard to accurately determine.

Sure, the pundits lambaste him for his big spending, but we're in such a downturn that any sort of protectionism would send the world economy spiralling to a point of no return. He's spending because he has to, he's not the Muslim evil socialist genie that the right wing makes him out to be, but he's not the messiah either.

Personally, I think despite the fiasco he was elected into he's doing a pretty good job. People need to realize that his "change" won't happen over night, it needs time. Whether or not his idealism holds up to hen is another question entirely.

And being half black, I admit, I cried when he was elected. I was so proud, and he's actually a really cool guy. But as a President, it remains to be seen whether history will remember him kindly or not.

Spoilers: I doubt history will look kindly on Dubya.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
It's because we started talking about sex and politics. The two topics go hand-in-hand.

Take Bill Clinton for example.

Top Bottom