• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In the memory of n00b.

DJScrub

Smash Rookie
I created an account just to post in this thread, once I heard. I have not played competitive Smash in a couple of years, but I met NES once at a tournament. It was my first event, in which I did not do that well, but he played friendlies with me for over an hour, offering me tons of advice and feedback. Even though I did not win a single round, and it was a total waste of time from his end, he remained intensely positive the entire time. A man of phenomenal good nature. That series I played with him in Memphis is probably my all time best memory of competitive gaming.

mintymaid

Smash Rookie
Unbelievable... just hearing about a situation like this breaks my heart...

Judging from all the nice things people said, it sounds like he was someone who definitely shouldn't have left the world this so soon.

I give my thoughts to his family and friends... you just never ever know what can happen to the people you love and care about.

Rest in Peace, Ryan.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I used to see this guy post in Scar's thread all the time and his Raptor avatar stood out most, as well as his funny posts.

R.I.P. NESN00B

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
i didn't know NES NOOB well but I've seen his posts around the boards and he always seemed like a cool guy. Although I didn't know him, hearing of his death really hurt me. I mean we're a community and we just lost one of our brothers.... My regards to his mother. I hope she finds the strength to continue on with her life no matter how much sadness this tragedy brings. I'm not one for praying but tonight I will most certainly be praying for NES NOOB and his family.

We will miss you.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
NES n00b and I met here on Smashboards here and were battling the newcomers that were...a little off on what they knew. From there, we became buddies and eventually joined a clan called Play 2 Win. I chatted with him on AIM from time to time and got to play Brawl with him before he was bored of it. I remember a video he sent me about this Roy player talking loud and making hilarious comments as he played. Not only that, but NES n00b's Captain Falcon was epic. He made an awesome comeback in this one video he showed me. Freaking disgusting. Later on, I learned that he was in engineering classes, which is what I am now. He was going to be an electrical engineer I believe. That man...had such promise. Such a shame that he has to be gone at a young age. :(

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
It's a bit late. I've been mulling over this all day, and at first I really didn't wanna post. I don't want to talk about it, but I think it's best I let out all my thoughts anyways.

Whether NES noticed it or not, really the man inspired me so much. Not just in smash, but overall looking at life. I remember playing him for the first time at one of these Game Galaxy Brawl tournaments, I had absolutely no idea who he was, but he approached me and told me we were up for a tourney match. What struck me the oddest was he chose CF in Brawl, immeadiately my mind's like wtf is up with this guy, why didn't he go snake or something? Lol this'll be easy, BUT THIS WASNT THE CASE. He wrecked my ****, practically humiliating me in a game he hated! My immeadiate response was like all the other tournies, to just kidna get pissed at myself and move on in losers bracket, but as I attended more tournies where NES attended, I observed him. And sadly I never beat him in a Tournament set, which was like... number 2 on my top priorities everytime I went to a tourney.

NES was always smiling. Anybody who's met him knows the exact smile I'm talking about. Through him I finally realized that I shouldn't take things so seriously or get so depressed when I fail at something, I should just enjoy life. Be optimistic, give off this jolly feel. NES n00b ALWAYS always always gave off this aura, He was such a happy guy, You couldn't hate him! I looked at him, and he was this guy that I always wanted to be. I saw his posts, I saw the way he interacted with people, it was just so **** awe-inspiring.

We weren't close friends, but really I've had a few inspirational people influence my smash career, and my biggest regret was not letting him know how much of an impact he really had on me, as a smasher, as a human being. Through the times I've hung out with him after the tournies, and our trek's to iHop with all the attendees at the BatGG. From the small conversation we had about getting me into Melee.

He was honored that I chose HIM as a mentor(which never happened, but I really wanted to do it.) Whether he was joking by that comment or not, that really meant alot. I honestly looked forward to becoming SNES n00b, given the chance that I would get into Melee. I won't forget NES n00b, not at all. He'll be a constant reminder through my smash tag, SNES.

and I know this is jumbled, but really I'm typing straight out of the heart I know no other way how to right now. I'll miss him.

Kief

Smash Ace
My prayers and condolences go out to his family and network. God bless.

Let's realize here that you never know what could happen to someone. Everyone remember this is you ever think of flaming someone. You never know, that could be the last thing they hear. I don't know him but it's good to hear all the good things that have been said about him.

R.I.P.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
I've already said a couple things in this thread, but I wanted to add that I regret not getting to know him online when I had the chance. I'm sure other people feel the same way. Now that the chance is gone, I really wish I tried to get to know him online and be e-buddies. He sounds like he was an amazing person

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
stop posting here
this thread is for people to offer their condolences
No.

I enjoyed his C. Falcon. And from what people say he was a fantastic young man. Too bad I couldn't meet him, just like how I couldn't meet my aunt's sister b4 she died a few weeks ago. I would've killed to see the Mountain Combo live. R.I.P.:snake:

Handorin

Smash Hero
I just remembered...we went to Steak N Sheak not a day or two before this happened and had an amazing time talking about old games, random fighters, n all that jazz.... It's hard to believe what happened soon afterwards.

WaveLength

Smash Apprentice
He seemed to have good knowledge of this game. I always enjoyed reading his posts. :(

R.I.P NES n00b

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
Shouldn't this thread be in a diffrent place?

Well anyway, I don't know who Noob is but im sure he was a great guy and its always sad to hear someone die.

Une anne sans lumiere This YEAR is Hell.... thats not what it really means

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
Omg that is so wrong.... (im not talking about the post above)

I went to see what else post there was and I saw this adviertisement advertising dead decal for your car and stuff.

man thats just wrong....

Mr H

Smash Ace
i didnt know ryan as well as others. i met him at smyms and remember going out to eat with him.
he was one of the friendliest guys ive met while playing smash. it still hits the heart to hear about this happening to someone like him. you never expect something like this to happen to someone like ryan.
my prayers go out to his family

Wiggins

Smash Ace
This is a sad thing that's happened. I never met him. But I've seen him post around, and from what I've heard, he was a great guy. I was gonna ride with him to any big tourney he was going to, given I planned ahead with him.

R.I.P. nes n00b. Knee some mo-fos in heaven. :(

null55

Smash Master
i really will miss seeing him post.

good luck in the afterlife man. :)

I haven't read this whole thread (yet) but has anyone planned on making a memorial video/montage of Nes n00b (yet)?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Thats a great idea Epsilon. There is certainly enough footage of him.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I haven't read this whole thread (yet) but has anyone planned on making a memorial video/montage of Nes n00b (yet)?
Yeah I suggested that a while ago. I hope some who's really good at editing vids makes a really fantastic one. No offense, but i'd be disappointing if the video was near-perfect for nesnoob. It has to be really special for the guy <3

Shaka03

Smash Rookie
R.I.P. NES_n00b.

I only met him twice, asked him how to get better in 1's and he said "More nair!". Best advice ever. But seriously, really chill guy, and this just made me realize how short and unfair life can be.

Definitely going to say a prayer for Mrs. Roberts.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
PB&J was planning on making a montage.
hmm, sariku was planning on the same thing, either way, if anyone wants some clips from jab 2, I still have some on my cpu, and I'm sure juke still has some, and I am more than willing to give any of mine to anyone if they don't have one of those youtube ripping programs.

also, imho, whoever makes this should communicate with dml to get their opinions, cause afterall, I'm sure nesnoob meant the most to them of everyone in the smash community.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
You can't be so stupid that you didn't know what you were doing.

Don't ever come to any events in Ohio.

That Lombardi kid is some ******* whose got something against Melee players. I've seen him ******* around in other topics. Ignore the troll.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
tears again...
it's beginning to hit me. HARD.
I'll never get to see him again at a tourny, or MM his falcon
I'll never get to talk to him on aim or joke around...
this is so ****ty. seriously. chad, jack, I'm so sorry for you guys. I can't even imagine how hard this is for you.

yoshiiscool

Smash Journeyman
This is some heavy ****, and I'll shed quite a few tears before I can get over it. What gets me the most is just coming to realize that he won't be at anymore events, no more quirky smile, or sarcastic little jokes...

I met Ryan back in early september. I had just moved down to the middle of nowhere (TN) for college in august, and I was miserable where I was, so I got in touch with KOkingpin and eventually got him to pick me up for one of his monthly tourneys. That night I got picked up, I spent hours playing Ryan over, and over, until 5 in the morning, even though there was supposed to be a tourney the next day, and it was like an instant friendship. His humor was extremely unique, and he was so kind that it was impossible for me to want to be anywhere else. He really meant a lot to me, and it was him and KO that were the first people that made me feel like I could actually make the south my home.

Even though I only actually saw him about 3-4 times, and talked to him on AIM a little, NES n00b had a pretty big impact on my life, and I can thank him for making my life a bit more tolerable when I really needed someone there to help cheer me up. My biggest regret is that I didn't get a chance to ****in hug you when you left after KOs birthday. I hugged everyone else in DML, except you. **** that, from now on, nobody I meet at a smash event is walking out the door without a ****in yoshi hug, No exceptions! That goes double for you DML guys and KO. Major hugs to IHSB, chad, hyperdragon, handorin, etc. I know you guys are feeling this worse than I am, and I'm sorry for your loss.

I love you Ryan, and I know you'll be missed. Thanks for everything. RIP

curiousthoughtsbear

Smash Apprentice
Wow....that's sooooo sad.

I played him once before and thought his attitude and apparent interest in melee were unflappable.

My condolences to his family and may he be at peace .

RIP

soap

Smash Hero
nes noob did the coolest link combo ive ever seen in my life in the middle of the night before smym7 (and i have watched many a link combo vids)

shame it wasn't recorded

Top Bottom