• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE - Canada's Brawl & Melee National

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
dat lack of canadian pride

ill figure out if i can come to this once my interview is over tonight, if i get offered the job im gone for 3months starting june 30th(lol), so everyone i like better say bye to me sometime before then!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
To Tin: If Unity updates with this dumb bs of stuff like Frigate getting banned, will you stick with the version of the ruleset you've already announced using, or use the even worse version those decisions will spawn?

Mprime

Smash Ace
Just sayin,Technically Im not being a traitor.1.Ive never met you. 2. Im from Niagara. I dont have a home crowd unless I chear for myself!

Again.Melee needs hype. Someone around my skill level money match me!
I'll mm you in melee

:phone:

Cruxis

Smash Lord
You know there's this thing called refinement. And anyways if you didn't read the rules once you joined this forum boards then your fate is sealed.
Theres also this thing called not giving a ****

and i will not follow a rule that makes no sense, IRL or online. We live in a ****en ***** ***** generation where evryone gets offended and cries too god damn easily, **** if i get infracted for just swearing i wonder whatll happen when someone does something ****en significant lol

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
They fixed the censor stuff.

Cruxis gonna have to step his game up if he wanna get banned.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Theres also this thing called not giving a ****

and i will not follow a rule that makes no sense, IRL or online. We live in a ****en ***** ***** generation where evryone gets offended and cries too god damn easily, **** if i get infracted for just swearing i wonder whatll happen when someone does something ****en significant lol
Cool, so you think that.

Can you prove it objectively, or are you just going against rules because you feel like it?

Asa

Smash Hero
he's going against the rules because he doesn't feel like swearing is a big deal..

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
2. Im from Niagara. I dont have a home crowd unless I chear for myself!
Yo not even, plenty of Niagara smashers.

I'm from Fort Erie, I'm the only player who is his own smash community.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Swearing is a concept that shouldn't even exist. I think saying something like "you're stupid and you should stop talking, because everything you say is useless" is universally more offensive than "**** you". '**** you' doesn't even mean anything.

And I think it's stupid to punish people for saying "what the ****" (assuming they censor dodge) but not for saying "what the hell", "what the heck" or "wtf". They all mean the same thing and none of them are going to offend anybody.

Asa

Smash Hero
when i hear ppl say "get the frak out of there" on stargate, i wish they'd just say **** or not say anything

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Swearing is a concept that shouldn't even exist. I think saying something like "you're stupid and you should stop talking, because everything you say is useless" is universally more offensive than "**** you". '**** you' doesn't even mean anything.
Intention vs Perception. I would say this to someone who thinks like me if I thought it was true, because I know that I myself wouldn't take it bad unless I thought the person saying it wasn't meaning it truthfully.

And I think it's stupid to punish people for saying "what the ****" (assuming they censor dodge) but not for saying "what the hell", "what the heck" or "wtf". They all mean the same thing and none of them are going to offend anybody.

This is more or less true, but it's something you should ask the mods about and it doesn't defend breaking the rules because they're wrong.

I mean, is that how we change laws in real life? Do we have gays demand to get married to change same-sex marriage laws? Do we have illegal abortion start becoming more public to get abortion laws changed?

No, we don't.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
We punish people for saying "**** you" but not for calling things/people they don't like gay.

Double standards and such, when the second is more offensive than the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom