• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE - Canada's Brawl & Melee Major OFFICIAL RESULTS

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
As epic an entry number as 69 is, am I the only one that finds it depressing that little amount of people entered a NATIONAL?

I remember in 2009 we would get 54 people for an Ohio LOCAL :|
But the average skill cap is so much higher.

I.B

Smash Lord
I hear you. I don't mean to discourage you at all, my apologies if I did. It just takes analysis of many variables to properly identify improvement/progress; not only if you win or lose.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
LOL imadh

i wish our set was recorded now looking back! i have your set vs david after you played me, tho, and i have your sweet teams set!

shoutouts:
1: Mango ($390) -- why so camera shy D: good stuff on 1st tho!

2: Dr. PeePee ($195) -- thanks for not being camera shy ;) nice seeing you in Canada and hope you enjoyed your stay and 'grats on 2nd!

3: Hungrybox ($78) -- for some reason I always end up playing you in at least a few sets whenever we happen to be at the same national/bigtourney but I sure don't mind! Thanks for the friendlies and your puff is so much fun :D

4: Mew2King ($39) -- good stuff on 4th! my friend really enjoyed playing and meeting you in person :)

5: KirbyKaze ($24) -- thanks for teaching me something everything i see you lol. wish our friendlies would disappoint you less x) always amazing to be around and good **** on top canadian!!

5: Vwins ($24) -- was nice interacting with you more than i usually do lol was really fun seeing you play dubs vs. the americans live and overall was nice playing! congrats!

7: unknown522 ($15) -- didn't see you as much as i thought i would, but good job on 7th! we never really friendly that much either =p

7: Kage the Warrior ($15) -- the warrior! good stuff. you wrecked me pretty bad :( who SD's a waveshine LOOOL sorry about the lack of vids of you tho :( and i wish i understood ganon more i feel like i'd succeed more vs. you that way XD

9: Nintendude -- was nice seeing you wreck stuff on 64 lol and your ICs are pretty nice ;D grats on 9th!

9: RaynEX -- the mighty raynex returns!?!?!? D: good stuff yo hope you get back more into the community. thanks for the friendlies :D you seem to take them too seriously tho >_>

9: SFAT -- was really nice meeting you, and having so much trouble against you before realising who you were LOL was nice hanging out and having a bunch of friendlies with you and hope you enjoyed your long trip to Canada!

9: Weon-X -- good good friendly (1 set total lawl) and grats on 9th! wish we could have played more tho D: always fun seeing you around tho!

13: Winston -- I really wanted to play you and wonder when the next opportunity will arise >_> next time!

13: I.B -- thanks for the awesome set :D good **** in dubs too! really wish we played more friendlies :( i don't play you enough lol

13: Silent Wolf -- i don't think i played you at all! RIP your controller tho, hope you can manage to somehow work around taht!

13: Bam -- good stuff man! nice seeing and talking to you more than i usually would/do though. really nice seeing you play in person again

17: Izek -- izekkk so good. 'dat peach lol. way to come so late tho >_< was nice seeing you but too bad we didn't play D:

17: Vudujin -- lol luigi2guud. fun friendlies vs. your lower tier chars. glad i know how they work so I don't get trolled as hard :awesome:

17: summonedfist -- good **** yo. can't complain i guess :) sleep moar lol

17: Idea -- we had a lame pool >_> good stuff vs m2k tho lol

17: tect -- stole my teammate </3 hateu4ever LOL jkjk good stuff was really nice seeing you around again!

17: Toph -- was really fun talking with you! you're so chill lol enjoyed your shoutout :p

25: Riddlebox -- you should really hit me up more if you want to play =p i'm alive you know

25: UltimaScout -- ggs in bracket man :) thanks for being so patient while i was recording games!

25: Europhoria -- always nice to see you :) didn't play you tho... we seem to never anymore </3 :(

25: HammerTime -- keep up the interesting main combo lol you'll get there!

25: Windrose -- you got a LOT better. i really enjoyed seeing you stop doing certain things i didn't like to see you do before :) hopefully more friendlies sometime! if you want falcon practise just ask for my super secret weopon ;D

25: EWC -- you so technicalz but so unncessary sometimes lol. learn your MUs! stop whiffiing so much stuff =p ggs tho it was definitely nice to play you again after like 1+ years. hopefully play you at UW sometime soon.

25: Juggleguy -- seeing you work live ;D tho not for the first time lol. insane you upload so fast >_> makes me jelly. maybe i'll just hide my vids and keep them to myself ;D

33: Watermelon -- i played you a lot and talked to you a lot. i don't know we just end up doing that a lot ;D good stuff you're on your way tho you don't seem that motivated lol

33: acidile -- lawl look who showed up! you got trolled too hard in dubs. was nice chillin tho good friendlies as always :)

33: Jus-Tin -- yo man learn your peach matchup lol you're always so fun to hang out with we need more UW time if you're even around :p

33: jay tang -- fail work schedule LOL you didn't even show day 2 </3

33: TastyGoldFish -- hi and ggs lol

33: Jethrotex -- i think you're that peach player who downsmashes too much =\

33: Frog -- wow you're alive lol

33: Anth0ny -- poor italy LOL man i feel like you and cyan should/could do so much better than you guys currently do! D: play and get out more!!! :D

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
cameras are great LOL

KK-ty and these tummy things mean I need to get rid of mine so I can be ready to get got haha

very interested in watching all of my videos when I finally return home

unknown522

Some guy
I hear you. I don't mean to discourage you at all, my apologies if I did. It just takes analysis of many variables to properly identify improvement/progress; not only if you win or lose.
that's a lesson for later.

It doesn't matter if the opponent is playing bad/not trying/lazy/SD'd 6 times/w/e. god

:phone:

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
1: Mango ($390) Very nicely done, it's just a shame the pot wasn't a bit bigger for someone like you who had to travel so far to make it out here

2: Dr. PeePee ($195) One of the most fun falcos to watch, good stuff taking second place

3: Hungrybox ($78) Watched a bunch of your friendly matches, so many rests lol good stuff.

4: Mew2King ($39) Nice to finally see you play in person, you've got to be one of the most versatile players around when it comes to playing multiple different characters at top level.

5: KirbyKaze ($24) Well done, it's good to see some top level play coming from Canada

5: Vwins ($24) Europe has Armada, Canada has you. Nice sets, great Peach.

7: unknown522 ($15) Very nice, it's a shame you had to get knocked out by a fellow Canadian player though, but then again David knocked out a bunch of Canada's best players in Loser's brackets lol

7: Kage the Warrior ($15) I didn't get to play vs you but damn you have an amazing Ganondorf. I didn't know it was possible for Ganon to be so good

9: Nintendude - Fun Matches in Smash 64, you beat me pretty effortlessly lol. Thanks for showing up for your matches when you were called, it helped us to make the tourney run a lot smoother.

9: RaynEX - Pretty damn good for a guy coming out of "retirement". You should start coming to the A and C monthlies again lol. I'm still convinced you could be the best in Canada

9: SFAT - Only saw you play in the crew battles. Good stuff from what I saw

9: Weon-X - Nicely done on getting 9th, your fox is fun to watch

13: I.B - Fun matches in pools, I'm surprised I even managed to take you down to the last stock, then again I'm sure you were probably sandbagging anyway lol. I've been trying to take your advice on not rolling when somebody respawns just for the sake of trying to get away from them, and I've been trying to reduce unnecessary rolling in general as well. Seems to be working to my advantage so far.

13: Silent Wolf - Sucks you had to use Falco instead of that super technical fox of yours. Good stuff getting 13th tho.

13: Bam - Watched you in crew battles. Very nice Falco, one of Canada's finest

17: Izek - Not too bad considering the lack of warmup you had before brackets lol. If the website was fixed the way it should have been we would have gotten there on time and u prolly wouldve gotten at least 13th.

17: Vudujin - Fun matches in Smash 64. Your Luigi in 64 and in Melee are too good. It was nice to have finally met you in person after watching so many of your videos and trying to learn from them.

17: summonedfist - Fun friendlies. You seem to have good knowledge with the Ice climbers matchup, unlike most people. I think I started understanding what to do a little bit better towards our later matches.

17: Idea - Sucks we didn't get to play at all, but I'll see you at the next A and C monthly

17: tect - I seem to have trouble against most fox players with my ICs, especially vs you considering you 3 stocked me lol. I'll have to work on that matchup. My Luigi gave you a run for your money tho haha. good games

17: Icer - I've never met or heard of you before but you had a pretty damn good fox. Good games

25: Europhoria - Didn't get to play you but I'll see you at the next monthly. I'm surprised I finished as high as you considering how much better you are than me.

25: HammerTime - Learn how to use Ice Climbers consistently you ****ing noob

25: Windrose - Nice job 3 stocking me numerous times in friendlies lol. Either I was completely off on the second day or you suddenly got way better. I think it might have been a bit of both lol.

33: Jus-Tin - Sad to see a fellow ICs player have to play a Peach player in round 1. That matchup is so broken its ridiculous lol.

33: TastyGoldFish - I wasn't expecting to beat your Samus with ICs lol, I was going to bring Luigi out as a backup plan. Sorry for knocking you out of the tourney :p

33: The Pizz - This noob skips Canada's first National tourney in like 7 years to watch Italy get 4 stocked. Pwned

33: Jethrotex - I was stubborn and tried to beat your Peach with my IC's. I shouldve just went Luigi lol. Nice job taking 2nd seed.

Bing

Smash Master
thats not the point. the point is that this was supposed to be a NATIONAL, yet it only got a regional sized turnout.

Just saying, Ontario is a rather small region. The gta has an average of about 22 people for melee and 34 for brawl. For Niagara, there only me for melee and warchamp and I for brawl. We didn't get many people from the Ottawa area(if any) while the guelph London area had about a car full each. I can honestly say that I'm happy with the turnout. However I truly thought we could have hit about 90-100 per event, a lot of locals didn't go :-(

Vist

Smash Champion
good shiz to Winston!

also good **** to Vudujin and teaming with a lvl 9 luigi LMAO.. next time we're both at a tournament we should do double luigi teams :cool:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I would assume that Drekken has finished cutting up his stream archive into sets which he is uploading now. I really doubt he's going to only upload Melee (that wouldn't make any sense), he's probably just uploading everything in the order that it's archived...or in some order.

Don't worry, **** will be up soon. Relax brah, ain't be tripping. etc etc

Jr555

Smash Apprentice
I'm super late on doing some shoutouts, but being that this was my first big tourney and all, I feel I owe a few people some thanks :

White - Big thanks for helpin out with the drive there, and congrats for winning the amateur bracket. Pumped for the next road trip.

Drake - Great finally playing matches with you dude, had lots of fun the whole way there and back, and am pumped you're back in the NS scene. Thanks for helping me stay sane the whole trip.

@+!£@ - Love watchin your matches, your tourney experience is something I want. So much love <3

billybeegood - Finally got more than 3 words out of you on this road trip, your matches with Ally blew my mind, and your advice is really progressing my playing. Thanks for all the help MLG Sales clerk.

Firefly - Thanks for the friendlies and the advice. I want more friendlies against your Kirby. Also, much love for hooking us up with a place to crash. Had a blast chillin the whole trip. Can't wait to see you at HS6, and other future tourneys !

Big D - Those ICs lol. You may have destroyed me in bracket, but I promise it won't be so easy next time ! Had a great time hanging out and I really do hope you make it down for HS6. If not, there will be other times and I'll be visiting you guys in BC, may be living there in a year or two.

Asa Akira - Fun times chillin during the road trip, props for enduring the trunk of that car for any period of time haha. Hope things are good back home, and that we get to play again sometime.

Will - I really owe you for playing matches with a scrub like me. I promise you will have a warm reception in NS during HS6, and that all your advice is currently being carefully pondered !

Tin man - Thanks for the warm reception and the 500% effort you gave the whole weekend. You did your best to make everyone feel welcome, and took criticism and concerns with grace and patience. Whether or not people considered this to be a well run tournament, I will say that you are very capable of running a top quality tournament, and I very much look forward to future events from you and your crew. Keep puttin in that work and opinions will change.

pidgezero-one - I don't remember what your smash tag was, but you gave me a shout out on here, so I thought I'd return the favour. Thanks for the encouraging words on going to Apex, it seems that I will be attending, so hopefully we can play some friendlies there. My Marth will be in better shape next time.

I'll do more/better shout outs when I get to know you all better, but these were the folks that really made a difference in my tournament experience. I look forward to meeting more of you at HS6 and Apex 2013. I also hope to post more on here and get some more advice from you all. Thanks !

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
pidgezero-one - I don't remember what your smash tag was, but you gave me a shout out on here, so I thought I'd return the favour. Thanks for the encouraging words on going to Apex, it seems that I will be attending, so hopefully we can play some friendlies there. My Marth will be in better shape next time.
That is my tag, thanks for remembering me! :) Happy to hear you're going to Apex, I'm definitely down for friendlies ;)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
who is in charge of getting videos online?

is it the guy who streamed them, or just someone in the community who needs to take the time to cut them up?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
There's still only 2.

I see that he's uploaded his LoL vids from 2 weeks later, but not impulse.

I would do it but I only know how to cut the vids... I don't know how to upload them after that is done. If anyone knows how to do the latter then tell me, it's been way too long for no reason and LoL is ****.

Top Bottom