• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE 2013 Results | 15/06/2013 - 16/06/2013 | Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I wish people only knew how much work other people put into these events.

That's a waste of a wish imo.

Shoutouts to everyone that attended. GDLK event. Happy I placed well for once. I really went to this event with zero expectations LOL i just wanted to play. Hopefully I can stay placing well, even watching the replays I still have a lot I can improve one.

Special thanks to

Ally/Dabuz: teaching me a lesson and making that bank. To brawled to out to play much, just taking it light atm. But some notes are definitely on the way, I'll be ready for next time! :D
#TeamBougie: Making the carpool and trip fun as hell
Leon: Fun seeing you as always, really happy you made it out. I'm happy I won vs you, but I'm sure we will play again ;)
Chibo: Letting me commentate
Tin Man: for hosting, even if you move please stay in the community's mind some. You will definitely be missed!

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Browntown came out in full force at this tourney and plans to continue to do so at tournies in the future, whether local or national

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Damn
So as it turns out, this is the tea I've been drinking every morning for the past 2 or 3 months

Stewy with the hard reads.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah so with regards to this
I wish people only knew how much work other people put into these events.

Yes this is Salt.
I want people to keep in mind that, although I'm not trying to take anything away from Tin in the slightest, he wasn't the only one helping to run things at this tourney. This Impulse was a HUGE success, and we're all grateful for Tin for getting the venue, sponsors, and organizing the event, but there were plenty of other staff members that also contributed to this tourney's success.

On the Brawl side there was definitely Bing, Tin, myself (even though I wasn't supposed to be a staff member lol), Red X, Blacktwins, Stef, Nakat and a few others with seeding...and I feel like I'm forgetting somebody else (you probably know who you are), in no particular order. In fact I'm pretty sure that out of all these people (except for Tin), Bing put in the most work.

For Melee, PM, PSAS and Injustice, I don't really know too much about who helped out with these but I'm sure there are plenty of people that helped Tin with TOing/seeding/streaming/commentating/etc. Juggleguy, Red X, Snow Shard to name a few, but I'm sure there are others, and you know who you are.

TL;DR Please give credit where credit is due, Tin definitely deserves the biggest part of the credit but there are at least 10 other names who deserve credit for helping make Impulse what it was.

Bing

Smash Master
lmfaoooo Vishal.

I guess I'll do shoutouts now.

I'll Star with the Impulse Staff
Mark/RedX: Once again you got a hotel room, which is fantastic. You really are a great person. Offering to pay for my entrance to brawl including the increase in venue is honestly such a simple yet generous act. Thank you for everything.

Steven/Shard/O9N12: For starters. thats a sick tag for PSAS... WHY THE 12?! Great friendlies in melee and a joy to be around. Thank you for all your help. You never did explain to me why Kirby's sword helps him recover.

Adnan: Thanks for all your work in melee. I know last year there was a bit of tension at the end of it all. But I'm glad nothing was brought up and that everything ran smoothly. You're a great T.O and a good member to have on the team. Hope all is well.

To those who helped seed.

Unknown522: Good **** homie, great job at grabbing second, I hate your Falco. Thanks for all your help, I know you didnt want to really run things this year, but when Niko went home sick we really needed you. Thanks for stepping up.

V115: Thanks for your help V, you definitely helped things run smoothly, good job in bracket too. Thanks for housing too!

Leafshadow: Thanks for your help with setup and things like registration. Help was definitely appreciated.

Hammertime: Thanks for running 64, PM and letting us use your laptop all weekend. Also, solid friendlies in PM.... I hate Lucas...

Blacktwins: Fix your damn laptop charger....

If I forgot you, I'm sorry

Moving on.
juice.Doom: You drunk on Sunday night was hilarious. Best. MK. Impression. Ever.

Orion: Funny guy man. Again, you guys drunk on Sunday was great

NAKAT: Yes, I know what a Jagerbomb. They're delicious and about 8$ each. Also, it was so nice to finally see a top Fox main. I was maining Fox myself before I stopped playing brawl.

Chibo: Way to hit a deer and run off the road! No seriously it was great having you, Hope the trip back was better. Funny I got to see you at the terminal before we both left.

Prog: This man is amazing. I actually wish I had the chance to do commentary with you. It was great finally getting to meet you. Glad Canadian Poutine ruined your life ;)

Mango: Dear Santa, Again, no friendlies :( Da faq :(. It was nice seeing you again though, legit. Hope you enjoyed Canada and such. Congrats on cleaning up in everything that can wavedash.

SChwaggie(I cant remember your tag) Fun friendlies, played for hours lol

Riddlebox: I really enjoyed our friendlies in PM, sorry I was so terrible in melee though, like you I was exhausted and I suck against Peach(All The Johns). Hope to see you soon.

Erayz: Fun friendlies, your Fox always impresses me.

Kid Goggles: Ganon sucks. That is all.

I know there are more people I need to address, but Im bored right now. however there is one more I'd like to get in there.

Tinaye "[GDLK] Tin man" Dune - Since I first began the adventure into the competitive smash community, you've been great to me. In September of 2011 I attended my first tournament at A&C and we got along instantly(Cracker). Building an immediate bond and forcing me to attend Brawl tournaments ;) was how it all began. I feel Apex 2012 was what really started the friendship, hell, spending 20 hours on a bus with someone as well as sharing a hotel room(and the bed) will do that. Anywho. A few months down the road you told me how you and some other top players were planning a Canadian National and I immediately asked to join which you agreed to. After hours of Skype meetings and discussions at SID events. Impulse 2012 was starting to take shape.

The day arrived and I was nervous as hell. My first time being a T.O and it was a National. The event itself ran okay, but in what I had done myself, you saw something in me that said you wanted to run future events with this guy. Thus, the birth of Vitality. In the future months we ran a few SID events together, and began toying with the idea of another Impulse which was looking dim. We had both lost lots of money in the first one due to an over estimate in attendants. By this time I can say despite our lack of communication outside of events, I did consider you a very close friend. Easily the closest I had the competitive gaming community. A short time after this, you told me you were moving to Australia. And to be honest, this does upset me, but with that decision came Impulse 2013.

Now, we've hosted Impulse 2013, which not only had more entrants, but ran smoother as well, its really starting to hit me that you're leaving, especially during the closing ceremony where you started your "tears of joy". I'm going to miss you man, you'll always be my #1 *****. <3

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Also

A huge, HUGE shoutout and thank you to Drekken for providing the second stream. Not only did it help get more games recorded and available for the stream monsters to watch, but after hearing that Impulse 2013 had the 2nd most stream views for Brawl tournaments of all time (2nd to Apex 2013) I realized something: Both Apex 2013 and Impulse 2013, unlike most other Brawl nationals, had two streams, so having ESChamp provide the 2nd stream really might have made that difference. I know you ran into some personal hardships not too long ago, I hope things have worked out for you and you've managed to get back on your feet, it definitely seems like it!

Leon94

Smash Journeyman
I will never forget the time I had in canada, this tournament was one of the best in my life, definitely sad I'm in france right now

Bing

Smash Master
Hmm I didnt even see that. Damn Goggles, you're a ****. Completely unnecessary and just plain rude. I'm just going to assume you're tight with Inui or something.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
1. Villager (Ally) - $350 -
2. Dabuz - $180 Gj on 2nd and beating everyone in other games
3. Orion - $70 Didn't expect you with the 3rd, good job, hope you enjoyed Canada.
4. Leon - $40 Amazing set, hope you will come back one day
5. Holy Nightmare - $20 Proud of yo ubro, wish you had gotten to WFS with me but we did amazing in doubles and singles, glad you made some extra money before making some more at work. ;)
5. Zinoto - $20 Bopped. U didn't even go to Ranbats! Next time don't MM top players, wait till the set happens. see u whenever.
7. Toronto Joe - $15 good job getting top 8. I know olimar is mad whakc to fight, maybe one day ;(
7. Swordgard - $15 trollmaster. def still one of canada's best and you don't even play/practice, could have easily gotten top 4 with practice.
9. Alphicans didn't play much but good job
9. infiniteV115 sucks that you had to fight me then TO joe =l thx for housing n helping the tourney.
9. King Kong you did so good with ****ing bowser lmao. KK best bowser
9. NarutoAKATyrell **** happens, next time finish the job, I'm kinda disappointed how you had the biggest lead and no reason to not go in. see you soon and hope you enjoyed Canada.
13. [GDLK] Tin Man Thx for hosting again, hope you do not enjoy australia and come back to us soon :p. Good luck in your future!
13. juice.Doom good seeing you our bet couldnt happen lol
13. Chris Fisch good job beating Will, that's pretty good win!!!
13. Meekspeedy Sonic's BADDDD
17. BillyBeGood Nice seeing you come out over here, you use very smart options when I played you
17. [T.T.D.] Blacktwins Thanks for lending me pkm2. hard as hell
17. Firefly Good games, don't give up on Yoshi
17. Stroumbert Good seein you, didn't see you rep the MK in tournament though.
17. Will Didn't play/talk much but good to see you again at this.
17. Suzaku ;l when will I beat you without you having some problem. Ggs though!
17. Morks I think you did good, got out of pools, lost to sg ;l. next time man Michigan was talking alot about you in good ways. saying you were pretty good and doing very good risky things. Props to you.
17. Croi didnt talk/play much but good seein ya
25. Poke you'll do better next time, gj getting in brackets
25. Ksev good job getting to brackets ;) sucks you had Leon first round though, he's too good
25. R e d X didn't talk much but thanks for helping hosting
25. Iliad aways funny guy lmao makes tourney better
25. Raziek didnt play or talk
25. Lamb you were good in doubles I thought o.O
25. K.I.D. Goggles ur comment on unknown wasnt necessary but good games.
25. Kuraudo Good games, thanks for coming and supporting our tournament.

ggs everyone again.

Good job to Melee too having good turnout, better than Brawl, in singles at least

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to a jerk making jokes in poor taste about someone you know nothing about.
Awww don't be so hard on him, after all the man is clearly a talented, knowledgeable player after getting that solid last place finish in the brawl brackets. And not to mention that ever-so-glorious 9th place finish in the melee doubles bracket after talking smack about how horrible everyone else was in melee.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Finally feel like doing shoutouts lol

First off, shoutouts to all the TOs (except Bing). You did a great job running the event, amazing tournament, I had a great time.

**** u bing 4 defacing my GC :mad:

Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles

72 Entrants

1. Villager (Ally) - $350 gj winning
4. Leon - $40 Glad you enjoyed your time in Toronto :)
5. Holy Nightmare - $20 Good job beating Nakat, your strategy worked :D
7. Swordgard - $15 GGs in that dubs set
9. Alphicans Fun matches in pools, and thanks for the advice on the Marth matchup, it made my set against Suzaku so much closer than it would have been
9. King Kong Good job on having the hypest set in the tournament
13. [GDLK] Tin Man Great job running such an amazing tournament, and I really hope you enjoy your time in Australia. It was wondeful knowing you, come back to visit soon :D
13. Chris Fisch DUDE GOOD **** BEATING WILL! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT! (I almost suggested switching to MK game 3, but I kept my mouth shut and am glad I did :p)
13. Meekspeedy Good job in PM
17. Stroumbert WHY DID YOU DK WHY!!!!
17. Suzaku GGs in pools, I'll get you next time :smirk:
17. Morks I still think you should have entered PM
25. Poke GGs in dubs
25. Iliad Still salty about our PM set, next time I won't SD so much :p Thanks for making the PM bracket run so quickly
25. Lamb Great to meet you Lamb, keep repping that Ivysaur (You're better at it than I am :p)

Super Smash Bros Melee Singles

80 Entrants

3. Weon-x - $80 GGs in pools, maybe next time I'll do better :)
13. Erayz GGs in pools
13. Hammertime Good **** beating Mango in PM

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im actually fairly tight with both Unknown and Inui and was cracking jokes about it in person when I was with Ryan at the tournament.

Also, read closely, i never said canada was bad at melee, I said the good people are amazing, and then it takes a pretty decent drop.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
shoutouts:
izek/will: sorry if i seemed salty after losing to you guys, both great guys good times as usual
mogo/saux/rush/kurtis/emile/kevin: goodtimz. sushi2gud
david: had to take the cube. you can't demote me. I AM HAMILTON! :cry::smash:
good seeing everyone else as usual, niko/bing/bernal/austin good times
shoutouts to all staff, great **** runnin this boat. much love.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
good **** in 64 guys, interesting results

btw, who you use in Injustice Dabuz, LOL

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I heard he was using Aquaman. Good stuff to him for winning :p

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Just to make sure people are aware, the sets that were on the secondary (ie non-clashtournaments) stream setup have been uploaded to youtube at youtube.com/vitalityevents

There are only 6 of them there but w/e

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
shoutouts to everyone i gave shoutouts to in the last thread

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
So I finally got around to looking at the Impulse replays on my SD card. Unfortunately, only game 3 was saved between Leon and KingKong (and that's probably because when the game was over I grabbed a controller and saved it myself)

People need to step their **** up -_-

Top Bottom