• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Improve your MK: Tactics, Theory-crafting, & More!

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
while upsmash covers it in what doom is saying the safest way. its not the best in most situations for the risk reward ratio

but i dare u nibs to challenge nairo's upb lmao then ull see why upsmash is the good choice.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Alright, it looks like there's an important conversation going on, so i'll make this short and quick.

This has probably been said before but If try to hit someone with an advancing SH Dair but they spot-dodge or shield it, right before you land you can do a quick FF Uair. This usually catches them off guard and comes in pretty handy.

Alright, continue the convo. Sorry for interrupting ^^'

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Nair works better for that because it has more active hitboxes and deals more damage/knockback

Why would you approach with SH dair in like...any situation anyway?

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
I like to use utilt -> utilt -> SL at low percents. It's usually set up via a dash attack (does not work at zero, it works if the dash attack hits at ~10-15%).

Someone also mentioned dash attacking a fast faller like Falco at low percents. In the case of Falco, I wouldn't recommend turnaround ftilt as a follow, since a shield grab is eminent. I'd personally go for a rising nair or dair. If you get the hit, good job, otherwise it's a good escape from CG openings.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
When dair camping as a mix up I think you guys should try footstool > dair. Sound good?
its not very safe, and theres no real benefit in the footstool :/.

if youre going to be that greedy might as well nado//ff go for a grab and juggle them

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
I do this quite a lot, it gives you a lot of breathing room if you need it.
Is landing a footstool to dair hard? Because I only get footstool's off ledge or on accident. I think the dair alone gives you enough breathing room.

and can you rely on the footstool for camping purposes? I mean, it's very dangerous, and isn't just pointless to not use MK's ariels.

If you try to mixup with the footstool, I'm guessing you'll be eating an ftilt.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
No, you wouldn't eat an ftilt because when they are foot stooled they can't do anything for a number of frames and that's enough to dair. It works better if you claw it.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Footstool -> nair is a true combo on Wario and ROB, if you're interested in trying that.

Then again, uair -> nair is too.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It is possible to perform a Drill Lock? If so, how you can get advantage of it?

I was randomly playing against CPUs, and trying random stuff, so I don't know if it really works.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It was silly, and I got it against a CPU. I was only asking if it was possible.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You should never use drill as an offensive move anyways. A nado would still be a better choice.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Well, if you feel gimmicky you can drill to ledge canceled aerial or another B move. You can even use it to try and get a trip and a free Dsmash out of it.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Shield his stuff and GSL OoS. That works for his aerial stuff. And ground? Dtilt and ftilt wall him. Not that you **** him, but GSL is effective. And never ever nado G&W, ever.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Then the G&W players must be good. Remember to not approach. Also, some G&W tend to love dairing. Just FFuair them and win :)
Learn to tech the dthrow to avoid the lethal dsmash. I think you must tech at the 3rd beep, but I just tech it on instinct.

Top Bottom