• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impossible Matchups

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I've never played a good Falco myself, but I definitely agree with most of your points. His chain grab doesn't work too well, which means his pillar probably doesn't work, which means he can't spike you as effortlessly as he can other characters. Being able to duck underneath his lasers is another big advantage. He's got an extremely gimpable recovery,and an abysmal up-b. Get him off the stage, and he's pretty much done for. A good d-smash near the edge would probably take him out pretty easily, too. And as you pointed out, his Illusion can be canceled by a n-air.

On the other hand, he does have his lasers to sheild his approach, and he does have an excellent spacing tool (reflector), which can be a major headache for Jiggly. Dash attack canceled into up-smash is pretty scary, u-smash is powerful. F-smash, while slow, is a good killing move, and, even though it's hard to spike Jiggz, there is always the possibility.

I've never seen a good Jiggs Vs. Falco match, so as of now, I'd probably say advantage goes to Falco, just because Falco is a really good character in general. You should upload some Jiggles Vs. Falco videos, and maybe I'll change my mind. =P

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I've never played a good Falco myself, but I definitely agree with most of your points. His chain grab doesn't work too well, which means his pillar probably doesn't work, which means he can't spike you as effortlessly as he can other characters. Being able to duck underneath his lasers is another big advantage. He's got an extremely gimpable recovery,and an abysmal up-b. Get him off the stage, and he's pretty much done for. A good d-smash near the edge would probably take him out pretty easily, too. And as you pointed out, his Illusion can be canceled by a n-air.

On the other hand, he does have his lasers to sheild his approach, and he does have an excellent spacing tool (reflector), which can be a major headache for Jiggly. Dash attack canceled into up-smash is pretty scary, u-smash is powerful. F-smash, while slow, is a good killing move, and, even though it's hard to spike Jiggz, there is always the possibility.

I've never seen a good Jiggs Vs. Falco match, so as of now, I'd probably say advantage goes to Falco, just because Falco is a really good character in general. You should upload some Jiggles Vs. Falco videos, and maybe I'll change my mind. =P
I have and I have played good Falco's... The problem with nairing an illusion is it sends him slightly upwards if you get the timing right, so he can illusion immediately back onto the stage. You can duck his laser but he still kills you in many respects...

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Falco has options over Chain Grabbing Jiggz. He can Dthrow to Up Smash, or at low percentage, Dthrow > Dash Attack > Up Smash. He can also Dthrow > Footstool > Laserlock (lol). The list goes on since the reliable escape for Jiggz from the Dthrow is always to the exact same position, he can usually hit her with any of these. On other fronts, trying to get back to the stage can be brutal as Bair has ****** range that is better to just avoid than try to deal with. Going low will inevitably eat you a a dair. Going under the stage will result in the same, but at least with going low and under you have the option of using rising pound to Stage Spike Falco.

As for Falco coming back to the stage, if he Illusions, you can short hop into Dair him out of it and combo right into Rest to make him think twice of pulling that **** in your house. I don't really recommend approaching Falco -at all-. He'll shorthopped arials don't have quite enough reach or priority to be reliable against him. From considerable practice, I've found the best bet to be Fair if you're brave. However, you could just sit still and let him come to you. He can't hit you with lasers, so just sit tight and smack him with a dtilt or short hopped Nair if he comes at you.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Marth is my most difficult matchup because, he has range over jiggz and she needs to get in close.

Puffy

Smash Cadet
I don't have a problem with some of those. 0-o

Maybe it's my playing style?

Game % Watch... >________________>

Glick

Smash Lord
I picked up kirby so I could beat those hard matchups. But falco is definitely not one of them. Duck lasers and follow text book approaches. they take advantage of their chain grabs and they realize how much they suck when they get stage spiked or gimped.

I have lots of experience with falco, and thats pretty much all there is to being good with jigglypuff. Experience.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
So... I was playing a Marth and I was floating over the edge to drill him. He UpBed and sourspotted. Knocked me RIGHT onto the edge for an instant edgehog. Killed him twice at like under 30. Discuss.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
huh? when you're talking about going back to the ledge, sweetspot generally means snapping to the edge so I'm confused at what you're saying.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Well you can sweet spot attacks too. Like the Knee. Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology....
Sweetspotting the EDGE is grabbing the edge before your animation is done.

Marth's upB doesn't sweetspot the edge so he knocked me RIGHT onto it.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
generally marth's up b sweetspots the edge. Are you saying that he didn't sweetspot the edge and you were hit onto the edge because of it, or did he up b and hit you on the edge thus prevents himself from sweetspoting the edge?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Yeah. He used up B and knocked me onto the edge with the weak part of the hit.

I've been messing around with it. Seems proper Smash DI can help you grab the edge before you opponent.

Seems you can even edgehog and if they hit you off the edge with certain moves, you can smash DI BACK onto the ledge before they have a chance to grab it. It might be fairly common knowledge but I never see anyone do it.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Can you teach me then how to kill an MK? Because the only real difficulty I have with King DDD is his Waddle Dees and his U-tilt, and if I screw up, his F-smash.... but with MK, I really have to worry about all his moves, because they seem to be so much high priority.
I agree. Jigglypuff doesn't need to worry 'bout heavyweights. Once you jump, you do fair, bair, and continue until he 's ready for a smash. No joke. Jigglypuff is good with them because after you short hop, you can get a good combo. Add that with a few rollouts and pounds, and DeeDeeDee is gone. MK is harder because he's aerial, too, and can move fast and pull off combos. Add that with the fact Jiggs is lightweight and MK can easily KO him/her.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
One thing I find to be a good counter for Mk is to stay in the air when your damage is high all his areal attacks lack a finish (besides his glide attack) so you will be alive for alot longer.

Roller

Smash Legend
One thing I find to be a good counter for Mk is to stay in the air when your damage is high all his areal attacks lack a finish (besides his glide attack) so you will be alive for alot longer.
That WOULD be a good tip if it weren't for Nair...

Up B and Nair together are 2 ways, and that is enough.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
That WOULD be a good tip if it weren't for Nair...

Up B and Nair together are 2 ways, and that is enough.
His Nair is not as strong as any of his smashes, and upB is strong and a kill move only if he lifts off from the ground. But, you're right, he can kill even if he's in the air with some moves, so let's explore the other option of simply jumping off the stage and dropping whenever you see a MK. This way, you will die, but he won't get the KO credit for it. Ooh, and using rollout off the stage would be even faster! Finally, the rollout turn-around AT will see some use.

Top Bottom