• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impossible Matchups

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
So basically you failed extra hard and I made you look stupid.

Now you are butthurt and you are playing the get a life excuse?

The Jiggly boards at it's finest.

Seriously though this guy is making all of you look bad. You should exile his *** or something.

rofl.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
So basically you failed extra hard and I made you look stupid.

Now you are butthurt and you are playing the get a life excuse?

The Jiggly boards at it's finest.

Seriously though this guy is making all of you look bad. You should exile his *** or something.

rofl.
LMFAO. I played the get a life card because you really need one, and as for the statement that I failed extra hard, I still said that the d-tilt is fairly punishable, but its not quite as punishable as I thought, so I said that pounding a shield leaves you more vulnerable, but d-tilting is a pretty bad approach. Same with shieldbreaking, which will leave you fairly vulnerable. In Brawl, the approacher really loses the advantage if neither has projectiles, and then creating a really bad argument to counter that is fairly pathetic. (I'm so pissed because I burned a pizza in the oven due to a broken timer.... :mad:). The matchup is slightly in Marth's favor 55-45 as I said again, but it is not nearly overwhelming like the 70-30 bull**** that you said. Pound has longer range than his aerials, and can be gimped oh so easily. I'm not saying its even, I'm saying its close to being even.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Why is it that every thread in the Jigglypuff boards ends up being a massive orgy of hate?

Seriously, why aren't we discussing rainbows and lollipops?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Steel2nd, I got nothing against you so don't make this personal between us. I agree with some of your arguments much more than Emblem Lords, and you seem to know brawl better than he does if you exclude all the frame count stuff.
Seeing as i get most of my information about marth from him i don't think I do.

I do agree with his arguments as well. I'm going to be honest here, this match up isn't much to debate about. Marth has everything going for him where jiggs just doesn't. 65-35 at best, and that's being nice.

PKPower

Smash Cadet
Emblem Lord seems to think Marth is better than everyone or equally matched. In his Marth matchup thread I saw one bad matchup which was Falco. Do you have anything other than theory to back your claims? I play Glick, a poster here, pretty normally on Wifi. His Jiggs is always 50/50 with me, even when I was playing as a higher tier character like D3 or MK. I think it's more skill reliant.

Play a good Jigglypuff player to back your claims and post the results. Otherwise this will be an endless flame war.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Seeing as i get most of my information about marth from him i don't think I do.

I do agree with his arguments as well. I'm going to be honest here, this match up isn't much to debate about. Marth has everything going for him where jiggs just doesn't. 65-35 at best, and that's being nice.
Well you seem to know more about it, but its definitely not 65-35. Try playing a good Jigglypuff (Bowyer's a great option when he gets Wifi after the summer, if not try Tehrxxor or Jeepy, seeing as I can't play for a while and I'm gonna be really rusty when I get back) and you'll realize he does have an advantage with his double fair but past there the advantages slim (except of course the obvious smash difference).

Pkpower, you stole the words right out of my mouth. But one of my points here is its easier to underestimate Jigglypuf, because she is rarely used and overestimate Marth, because around half of users main or second him (I'm exaggerating slightly).

PKPower

Smash Cadet
Pkpower, you stole the words right out of my mouth. But one of my points here is its easier to underestimate Jigglypuf, because she is rarely used and overestimate Marth, because around half of users main or second him (I'm exaggerating slightly).
Most of the community underestimates characters such as Ness, Jigglypuff, and Yoshi constantly. They are not bad characters at all. I remember the first time I considered Yoshi a joke. I got rocked, and that's putting it lightly.

But you are right, there are WAY too many Marth players. IMO keep characters like Jiggs and Ness underplayed so that they will be unpredictable in tournies.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
That thread is old.

But honestly, Marth really only has one outright bad match-up and that is MK.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Marth is predictable?

G&W is by far the most predictable character in the game and he RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPES!!!

Anyway, Marth is not predictable at all and he has alot of approach options.

Marth is winning tournaments and placing well. According to this season of tournaments that your boy Ankoku has calculated in his thread, he has won 7 tournaments. He is tied with Dedede for that amount of wins. Snake has one more win then that. MK has 11.

Looks good to me.

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
guiding force what bull**** haha. enjoy riding on your baseless **** pedestal you egotistical prick. what meta has NJ developed? 20 man tournies average a week? thats light **** son. fl has one of the biggest metas out there and our best player 3 stocked "the best G&W in the US" needle of juntah.

cutter

Smash Champion
guiding force what bull**** haha. enjoy riding on your baseless **** pedestal you egotistical prick. what meta has NJ developed? 20 man tournies average a week? thats light **** son. fl has one of the biggest metas out there and our best player 3 stocked "the best G&W in the US" needle of juntah.
NoJ blamed laggy TVs. :)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
What the crap are you talking about?

I don't give a **** about what NJ as a whole has done or what NJ is doing.

Take a walk into the Marth forums then get back to me ok?

It's not baseless, but it was egotistical and childish of me to make that last post. But you know what?

I have legit johns.

They were posting mindless garbage and it pissed me off. The crap they said either made no sense or had nothing to do with match-up analysis and it irritated me so I struck back.

Emotion johns FTW.

Also best G&W would probably be Hylian.

cutter

Smash Champion
Emblem Lord, you make great arguments. I'm not denying that. I don't touch either Jigglypuff OR Marth, and it's easy for me to see why Marth has a very easy time against JP. Intuition ftw.

You don't have to troll and flame to get your point across though, and JP players doing the same thing defeats the purpose twice over. Amazing how this thread has derailed, hasn't it?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Of course you are right and I formally apologize to the Jiggly community for my behavior. One in my position should seek to set a good example for the entire SSBB community and I failed in that regard with my last post.

Again, I apologize.

I will edit my last post as well.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
Why is it that every thread in the Jigglypuff boards ends up being a massive orgy of hate?

Seriously, why aren't we discussing rainbows and lollipops?
lol

Well you seem to know more about it, but its definitely not 65-35. Try playing a good Jigglypuff (Bowyer's a great option when he gets Wifi after the summer, if not try Tehrxxor or Jeepy, seeing as I can't play for a while and I'm gonna be really rusty when I get back) and you'll realize he does have an advantage with his double fair but past there the advantages slim (except of course the obvious smash difference).
haha I'm not that great =X

Of course you are right and I formally apologize to the Jiggly community for my behavior. One in my position should seek to set a good example for the entire SSBB community and I failed in that regard with my last post.

Again, I apologize.

I will edit my last post as well.
It's alright. Unfortunately, the Jigglypuff boards are plagued with senseless fighting, so we're kind of used to it -_-

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
It's alright. Unfortunately, the Jigglypuff boards are plagued with senseless fighting, so we're kind of used to it -_-
sorry... lmao

**** you Emblem Lord for derailing my thread, jk (but seriously, everyone, this is your que to turn this thread into a flame EL thread, lol, jk, but not really, lol, but seriously, don't do that (unless you really want to)).

LMFAO at emblem lord thinking he leads and represents the marth community but instead actually sucks (or so I hear)

Am I being serious or just making funnies??!? Nobody knows!!

*sigh* all this ******** fighting ruined the song "dashboard", by modest mouse, for me :(

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
That picture is proof that kirby gets owned by marth but jigglypuff is unphased by marth's womeness :)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Hahaha.

What does being good have to do with being a leader?

Also I downplay my skill as I don't think I'm very good, but I compare myself to M2K who lives in NJ as well. People who play me however usually say that I'm good.

This is all a matter of perception.

Still, my name is EVERYWHERE on the Marth boards.

And also...that leader crap is me being silly. I don't honestly think I'm the leader of the Marth community, but alot of people in the Marth community seem to think so.

*shrugs

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I know this goes against the purpose of this thread, but I'm interested:

I will be attending a tournament in about a month (Axis). I'll probably be going all Lucario, but I may want to try my Jiggz out. So, what characters does she do exceedingly well against? I've heard Ike, but Lucario owns Ike as well. I also just saw a Diddy main asking for advice against Jiggz.

So who does Jiggles really own?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master

I will be attending a tournament in about a month (Axis). I'll probably be going all Lucario, but I may want to try my Jiggz out. So, what characters does she do exceedingly well against? I've heard Ike, but Lucario owns Ike as well. I also just saw a Diddy main asking for advice against Jiggz.

Jiggs basically owns the bad characters, lol. Anyone that jiggs can own, lucario can probably own as well.

Edit: gimme a bit and I'll get back to you for real

HiddenBowser

Smash Master

As long as you're about at the same skill level as the other guy the following toons shouldn't give you too much of a problem (in alphabetical order):

Bowser
C. Falcon
Ganon
Ike
Link
Lucas
Mario
Samus
Sheik
Sonic
Yoshi

But don't get me wrong. If the other guy is a lot better than you, he could still own you using one of these toons, so you may want to just play your best toon for the whole tourney.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
As long as you're about at the same skill level as the other guy the following toons shouldn't give you too much of a problem (in alphabetical order):

Bowser
C. Falcon
Ganon
Ike
Link
Lucas
Mario
Samus
Sheik
Sonic
Yoshi

But don't get me wrong. If the other guy is a lot better than you, he could still own you using one of these toons, so you may want to just play your best toon for the whole tourney.

Sweet.

Yeah, I'll probably end up going all Luc, but this list is definitley good to know.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Falco owns jiggs. He should probably be in the honorable mention part but like his lasers completely shuts you down and its stupid. If he wants to be really annoying he can just laser a bunch and then forward b through you and repeat. Pound is probably the only move that would beat falco's forward b but pound is too slow if your opponent is smart about when to use it. But even without lasers, he still owns jiggs cause he's a really good character, lol.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... I would think that Jiggs owns Falco. I mean, couldn't you literally just duck under his lasers to have him approach? Is it generally a bad idea if Falco is the one approaching? Also, Falco's chain grabs are almost useless against Jigglypuff (although they could also just do a dthrow into another move, possibly a dair or fsmash). In addition, once Falco is off-stage and below, he just lost a stock.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Emblem, I'm sorry for what I said yesterday, but I was really angry about 2 things, first of all being that I'm allergic to wheat and the only non-wheat food in the house (we just came up on vacation) burned in the oven due to a broken timer and a too-hot oven. Also, once again people came into the Jigglypuff boards and started spamming her, which gets really old (Marth does have the advantage on paper, but not by all that much, I've even played Marths where I have felt I have had 60-40 advantage, but that was because they counter spammed, so they weren't that good). And I feel that hardest Matchups for Jigglypuff in the following order are:

Mr. Game and Watch 90-10 (Predictable but unstoppable, he just bairs and he wins).
Olimar 85-15 (He just has such great range and forces you to approach but can stop all of your approaches so easily).
Falco 70-30 (Laser spam, trick is to duck and force him to come closer, once you get in range of his B-side, just get close to him).
Metaknight 70-30 (Insane aerial priority)
Snake 60-40 (Tilts are the problem, his explosives kinda suck against Jigglypuff, but his tilts are too great.
Charizard 55-45 (You can neutralize his rock-smash with pound, but unless if you use pound, he kills you on all fronts).
Marth 55-45 (Not an impossible matchup, but he does have better range for all but pound).
King Dedede 55-45 (Aerial range is good, but as long as you stay vlose enough so he won't use waddle-dees and fair and bair him so he can't u-tilt you, you are good).

And I dunno what Bowyer was thinking putting DK in there.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Hmmm... I would think that Jiggs owns Falco. I mean, couldn't you literally just duck under his lasers to have him approach? Is it generally a bad idea if Falco is the one approaching? Also, Falco's chain grabs are almost useless against Jigglypuff (although they could also just do a dthrow into another move, possibly a dair or fsmash). In addition, once Falco is off-stage and below, he just lost a stock.
It's only loss of stock if he's lower than the edge. If he can forward b to the stage he's incredibly hard to gimp.

Can you duck under his lasers at the lowest position?

Your boned if he approaches with lasers (which is what they do, lol).

dash attack to upsmash is wreckful

Mr. Game and Watch 90-10 (Predictable but unstoppable, he just bairs and he wins).
Olimar 85-15 (He just has such great range and forces you to approach but can stop all of your approaches so easily).
Falco 70-30 (Laser spam, trick is to duck and force him to come closer, once you get in range of his B-side, just get close to him).
Metaknight 70-30 (Insane aerial priority)
Snake 60-40 (Tilts are the problem, his explosives kinda suck against Jigglypuff, but his tilts are too great.
Charizard 55-45 (You can neutralize his rock-smash with pound, but unless if you use pound, he kills you on all fronts).
Marth 55-45 (Not an impossible matchup, but he does have better range for all but pound).
King Dedede 55-45 (Aerial range is good, but as long as you stay vlose enough so he won't use waddle-dees and fair and bair him so he can't u-tilt you, you are good).

And I dunno what Bowyer was thinking putting DK in there.
I think you're giving Jiggs a bit too much credit from snake on down.

Plus, DK is actually good in this game and wrecks people especially including Jiggs.

With DDD, if you stay close to him, you eat bairs and grabs because staying aggressive is generally bad.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Everyone here should start a flame war on the lucas boards!!!! I started the general silliness, now you guys need to follow up and get a huge war going between us two. It will be fun, I promise!

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
It's only loss of stock if he's lower than the edge. If he can forward b to the stage he's incredibly hard to gimp.
In addition, once Falco is off-stage and below, he just lost a stock.
I mentioned that, but maybe not clearly enough. Yes, Falco is hard to gimp when he's within horizontal range of the stage, but his recovery is predictable. Falco's SideB does NOT go through Jigglypuff's nair whatsoever (I just tested this too).

Can you duck under his lasers at the lowest position?

Your boned if he approaches with lasers (which is what they do, lol).
Yes, you can duck under any and every laser (whether it's SHL, SHDL, Silent Lasers, or even when he's just standing there shooting) he fires at you when you duck at the lowest position on a flat-stage.

Edit:

Everyone here should start a flame war on the lucas boards!!!! I started the general silliness, now you guys need to follow up and get a huge war going between us two. It will be fun, I promise!
Where is the thread? lol

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
What about Toon Link? He has a crazy projectile spam game making it hard to approach and his bairs are quick and out range Jiggly's attacks.

off topic?: Is it me or is it hard to dair>rest DK? Sometimes on the last dair hit, DK does this weird flip thing making rest miss. It's very annoying.

Zamuel

Smash Cadet
Should Falco be considered an easy match-up against Jiggs?
Fail.

No seriously, out of the space animals Falco is probably the most well rounded and thus your biggest headache. Wolf can spam smashes and lasers but is exceptionally gimpable offstage while Fox's lasers lack hitstun so it's a little easier to get in if you're willing to take the damage.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
I will disregard that comment for now.

No seriously, out of the space animals Falco is probably the most well rounded and thus your biggest headache. Wolf can spam smashes and lasers but is exceptionally gimpable offstage while Fox's lasers lack hitstun so it's a little easier to get in if you're willing to take the damage.
Yes, Wolf and Fox are rather easy to contend with, but so is Falco (albeit not as easy as the previous two). Falco is rather predictable. If you see him approaching with his body facing you, he's gonna nair or dair. If he's approaching with his back facing you, it's a bair. You can wait out his laser spam by ducking. You can easily gimp him because his vertical recovery is crap AND if he tries to SideB, you can nair and it out-prioritizes his SideB. His chain grabs don't work past 20-30%+.

His whole arsenal is nearly unusable against Jiggs.

I will admit however that this match-up takes patience, but it shouldn't be as difficult as you guys describe it.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I will disregard that comment for now.

Yes, Wolf and Fox are rather easy to contend with, but so is Falco (albeit not as easy as the previous two). Falco is rather predictable. If you see him approaching with his body facing you, he's gonna nair or dair. If he's approaching with his back facing you, it's a bair. You can wait out his laser spam by ducking. You can easily gimp him because his vertical recovery is crap AND if he tries to SideB, you can nair and it out-prioritizes his SideB. His chain grabs don't work past 20-30%+.

His whole arsenal is nearly unusable against Jiggs.

I will admit however that this match-up takes patience, but it shouldn't be as difficult as you guys describe it.
Falco is definitely harder than Fox or Wolf because he can SH double laser spam and each laser essentially kills your approach and he can b-side through you with almost no risk when you try to approach him. He is really difficult. And Bowyer, I think Brawl is much fairer in terms of matchups, so I don't think i am giving Jigglypuff too much credit in the final matchups (I forgot to put Wario and Toon Link in the 55-45), but then the rest of hers are around 50-50 except for a few.

Top Bottom