• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm starting to hate school

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Link to original post: [drupal=3184]I'm starting to hate school[/drupal]

Today in history I covered my head in shame to be a person because how D*** dumb these people are we were playing jeopoly(can't spell) and people were beyond dumb like for the last 2 months we have been studing ww2 and the cold war people couldn't asnwer some of these questions.

what was the cold war?
who controled most of europe in 1941?
Who were the axis powers?
even when we were doing school work it's worse someone asked who was the leader of all the axis powers like for russia, Italy, and germany are you F***ing me? But after this game and many people yelling they're cheatin. Some times it was uber bad cheating like someone talking about german food when the asnwer was germany or the repeat the same thing someone esle was saying and still got it wrong and etc.

In most of my classes I sleep or play ssb on the computer (we used to play couter stike and I was 2nd best only because I reloaded after everytime I killed someone) and in most classes I have a solid B, there is no reason to try and that's draining the crap out of me I learn more daydreaming and walking to school than anything they teach but for maybe 3 teachers.

So when english came around (we are her smartest class and all you have to do is copy down everything she writes down). They were kidding around and calling her racist and i've had enough of this school(warren cental) for the day, so I asked if I could go home because I was white. She said yes maybe thinking I was kidding and I walked out and i'm home right now.

Another thing is I can simply walk out of school right out the doors during a passing period and go home i've skiped a total of 10 period. I mean i've skiped with my buddy once for the last 3 periods of the day(a year ago) and we counted over 37 police cars when skiping and when into a pipe store(I don't smoke nor had I even tryed), but I don't think anyone gives 2 s***s anymore.

To think I don't even have to try in a huge school I don't have to try, so I simplely stopped trying in school A long time ago last time I studied was 7th grade and i'm in 11th.
The world needs to change because it's madding to want to try really really hard and all you have to do is breath in and then out repeat. The schools are way to d*** easy, I want to bring about change but I can't becuase there are people so d*** stupid they are still failing.

I don't know I want some kind of advice.

Oh and I'm mad that because of day light savings time I can't even see the sun peaking up in the morning now

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Maybe YOUR school is too easy.
Also, that's pretty selfish. Just because you're sailing trough classes doesn't mean you should wnat to make classes harder so that other struggle EVEN MORE.

TL?

Smash Ace
High school is a joke. It's just daycare for teens. At my HS, none of the classes challenged anyone or made us smarter. It was just repetitive arbitrary work every day. I was a senior in HS copying definitions out of a book like a third grader. You just have to deal with it I guess. College is much better. :p

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Don't we all hate high school..

Or at least I do. The kids are smart, they're just close-minded and lazy about making something of themselves.

It's sad, and I hate it when teachers use me as an example of a good student (its not every day, just when the class gets out of hand)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah the purpose of highschool is to make you suffer.

Although, its hard to find people that find - making a story 4 words at a time - fun.

Although I'm in college now haha. Wait till College, it'll be much better. Just don't FAIL college, because you pay money for it. xD (if you fail you'll feel bad, trust me)

zifn15

Smash Cadet
I'm a senior in hs and seriously the stuff you're being taught is just too simple for you. Keep in mind tho that you are not the average student. There are many people that struggle with the basic material that you find simple.

Just wanted to put things into perspective.
(Coming from a student with an A ave who has yet to study for a single test)

PS. High school sucks

finalark

SNORLAX
Yeah you pretty much sumed up High School.

"Mr. Hart, is the Earth spinning?" <--- I wanted to cry when I found out that the student who said this was actually serious.

PassWurD

Smash Journeyman
Hm, people complaining about too easy? ****. I'd say just have fun with it. If you're able to do all the stuff that you do extra and still pass your courses I don't see where the problem lies.

You could also challenge yourself in your own ways, you don't have to be reliant on High School to challenge you.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I ride my bike a lot, play as pichu, and try to mix up everything I can to make it fun/neat.

Really after studing the cold war for a month I think at least one of the 2 people called on could at least give an anwser that was right, i'm sorry I think i'm dumb and it seems like people are trying to prove otherwise. Heck our team won and some chick said our team was smart, I just LOLed at her becuase half or the really dumb answers were given by the team i was on and I asked her if she even knew how much there is to know?

no one is smart in my book, some are more foolish or others wiser but not by as huge levels as it seems.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Some kids are just slow. The other day a kid in my history class found a general level vocab book that was ridiculously easy and was making fun of how stupid people can be. Ya some are lazy douches, but some have learning disabilities.

And High School does suck. It's amazing how often I fall into peer pressure and end up asking myself,"Why did I do that? -_-"

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Maybe YOUR school is too easy.
Also, that's pretty selfish. Just because you're sailing trough classes doesn't mean you should wnat to make classes harder so that other struggle EVEN MORE.
Did you know they are wanting to pass a law so that you have to be able to read to pass 3rd grade? ummm there were people getting pass 3rd grade unable to read, I really wouldn't be surprised no if you are F***ing up in school to should fail back in 3rd, learn and carry on, not oh darn I didn't learn anything maybe next year because if you want me to slow that's really F***ed up I can read at really high levels most of the time I read the 7th harry potter book in a day. Should I be limited on how much I can learn because other people have to be passed on?

If anything that sounds commuist everyone is a winner if the one that never learned how to read because the system is about "passing" everyone so the dumb it down. No they should've been failed when they had problems. Also why this is because the government will lower funds when failing schools fail, so with less money and they need more they make everything 5x easier and get more money and because these people have been babied their whole life what will happen when out of high school?

We will have a bunch of people cuddled thrown into the streets of life that never really learned anything, what will that do for jobs?

There is a flaw in teaching and the government shouldn't mess with the funds but inprove the system, but the government is mega messed up right now and can't even fix it's self.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
This is why there are AP and IB courses.
Pretty much this. If your school offers them, then you should consider taking them.

From my experience, you either love or hate high school. Just get through it, college is a different story (to an extent).

I wish everyone would appreciate the education that they receive instead of fighting it. If you learn to appreciate it, school work gets way easier.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
If anything that sounds commuist everyone is a winner if the one that never learned how to read because the system is about "passing" everyone so the dumb it down. No they should've been failed when they had problems. Also why this is because the government will lower funds when failing schools fail, so with less money and they need more they make everything 5x easier and get more money and because these people have been babied their whole life what will happen when out of high school?
All I read here was the weak deserve to lose if they were not given the talent to be quick enough learners.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Hey, i try my hardest @ Geometry but i still make a D or lower on all the tests and most of the quizzes( i will admit i did make a 94 on my latest test which is a miracle). And i try my hardest. I study for every one of the tests for at least two hours. My mom doesn't even get mad @ me for it. She knows i am trying my hardest. And in every other class i have A's and high B's (seriously not kidding ppl).

Basically my point is, i am nearly failing a subject but i am not stupid. I am trying my hardest and Geometry is not my area of expertise. U can be failing a subject but that's no reason to call people stupid.

Unless they're like failing every subject. Then they're probably stupid.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I'm saying if you can't pass then you shouldn't pass in grade __ everyone should be around the same level in school(some changes depending)

I suck at english overall and I used to barely pass I don't think I should've passed becuase I still don't even know what the sounds are to most of the letters, I know first hand about some of the half a** teaching where they try to pass them off as fast as possible.

EDIT: I learned more about typeing/ writeing better from smash boards than any where esle really try reading some of my first posts it's truely impossible.

Veril

Frame Savant
If you are getting solid "B"s than clearly you could be doing better. Why don't you actually put the work in for an A if your classes are so easy. Other people being morons has nothing to do with your grades and the stupidity can be entertaining, esp if your the annoying kid who knows all the answers.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Speaking of AP classes, many times they are not much better. They teach to the test, nothing else. The AP Calcs are a joke. There's nothing harder or easier about Calc than any of the other maths. In fact, AP is just an excuse to throw more work at you and cover maybe one or two chapters more in a year.

Of course, I'm just generalizing. Some AP classes are harder than others, such as Chem or Bio vs Calc AB or BC.

And school in general is a huge joke. Everyone convinces everyone else that an education is the only way to succeed. For me it is. But for others it may not be. Trying to tell everyone that it is what causes failing students to clutter the schools. They distract the teachers and administrators from helping trying students, and wear down the teachers to the point where they're desensitized to problems that you're mentioning.

:034:

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
keeping the schools dumb is hurting the slower just as much as the fast it's kindof like playing melee only vs uber noobs trying to be the best sure you will win and feel good but trying no longer matters and you easily get lazy and end up moving at a slow pace so you get ***** at tournments even worse.

But if there was someone to help one at mid level and one at the low level they would learn/ get better at a faster rate. Not them slowly reaching a point where they are equal at skill because one got a little better and the other got worse.

jivegamer

Smash Cadet
Honest to god, I sometimes learned the most from one or two really smart students in the class. If you see your peers struggling, try and help them. I've always had a b*tch of a time with math, but yeah, English and History could be jokes if you weren't in AP classes. It also really depends on the school, because even between public schools, there can be quite a disparity in what's being taught.

Koope

Smash Rookie
I know exactlyy how you feel. 90% percent of the kids at my school smoke pot. Everyday I get asked for help because no one else pays attention. Today was just golden, kid next to me was sleeping with his head down, eyes closed, teacher says to wake up, he replies "I'm reading". :) Oh, and my math teacher has not taught us anything in months. Instead she tells us long storys and discusses movies. I just try and make the best of it and look forward to college. :)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
LOL 90% of all schools 90% have smoked pot. Really people normally/never ask for help from me because i'm dubbed as crazy(not topic, but in school people worry about me because i ask about my teacher's socks when he offers any quick questions before a test and sing here I am rock you like a hurricane when A sub is looking for me), so most people only ask for penicls at most because i'm not a douche.

But yeah would you ask help from someone talking about ceiling wearing a dr. suess hat(different colors) before class in a jacket with a map of europe in 1958?

Koope

Smash Rookie
Ha it's cool. I write my name as Mr Sprinkles on all my social studies papers ... My way of keeping myself amused :p I just tell him it's my pen name.

Koope

Smash Rookie
Oh I always draw little smiley faces and animals :D My teachers like me though, it's because our school combined what was our normal school and the extra help troubled school because they are having money issues, so basicly im in classes with kids who need the extra help, but because of money I get stuck in there.

TL?

Smash Ace
If you're looking to be challenged, don't look towards school. Even Honors/AP might not be the answer. At my high school, honors was just more tedious work. I had an honors history class where the teacher expected us to take a certain amount of pages of notes on readings every night. He would then read through and grade them. If I'm advanced enough to make it into an honors course, why can't I learn the material the way that works for me instead of being forced into taking notes in some arbitrary format?

Most of the students in honors classes at my school never did their own homework anyways. They copied more than the kids in the standard classes. People who are more advanced in acedemics shouldn't have to do twice as much tedious homework asignments to learn something that they would grasp with no assignment at all.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
High school is a joke. It's just daycare for teens. At my HS, none of the classes challenged anyone or made us smarter. It was just repetitive arbitrary work every day. I was a senior in HS copying definitions out of a book like a third grader. You just have to deal with it I guess. College is much better. :p
This, most of HS isn't even useful in your life, mainly anything besides your major, considering that's a career you would want to pursue. Everything else is useless, to be completely honest.

cutter

Smash Champion
Spelling tests should stem into the high school years. I'm serious.
For reason, I find word misusage far more annoying. Who/whom, affect/effect, lie/lay, etc. Especially lie/lay... it's amazing how many people don't understand the difference between the two.

However, I will concede the fact that I do know a few students I used to go to high school with who just flat out can't spell, beyond the unintuitive nature of the English language.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
I go to an incredibly competitive high school. My HS is rich, so the teachers are well-paid and good at what they do. There are dozens of AP classes (I've taken 13, and there are some that I haven't even heard of before). A lot of students are stupid beyond belief, but the best students are amazing because there are so many opportunities.

Are you taking the hardest classes your school has to offer? Are you in sports and clubs? If you feel that your school isn't doing enough for YOU, convince your parents to send you to a private school.

This, most of HS isn't even useful in your life, mainly anything besides your major, considering that's a career you would want to pursue. Everything else is useless, to be completely honest.
A good HS should teach life skills, like how to research, organize, write, speak, etc. I would agree that a lot of classes (I personally hate history classes) are just a lot of work and apparently useless. However, half the HS experience should come from clubs and extracurriculars. These are where you get to develop your interests. That in mind, I feel that HS academic classes are geared towards letting students discover their interests. Don't most undergrad applicants pick "undecided" as their major?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I love history class I sometimes read out of the book when other people are finishing their work.

I can't get into clubs/sports or even get a job(I would have gone to pound4 if I could get one) because I HAVE to watch my little brother after school rangeing from 5PM-8Pm and by then I can't do anything.

private school would be cool but really I highly doubt my dad would pay for it again I once when in 4th grade to a church one dude it's messed up how many people I fought and beat-up. LOL I was a bully however when I knocked some one out for the wrong reason I gave him all my pokemon cards and never beat him up again. And not everyone can pay for private school, it would be cool. I would get in so much trouble because of how I am :) they would keep me after so many days for playing twister at lunch.

Oh pink reaper I have a lot more respeact for you now. No I was taught by a delexic man how to spell yeah how do you think that when?

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
For reason, I find word misusage far more annoying. Who/whom, affect/effect, lie/lay, etc. Especially lie/lay... it's amazing how many people don't understand the difference between the two.

However, I will concede the fact that I do know a few students I used to go to high school with who just flat out can't spell, beyond the unintuitive nature of the English language.
I do as well. I tend to make those sorts of mistakes myself, and are too lazy to correct them most of the time. Other than 'lie' and 'lay'.(my biggest, actually, only very noticable one is misusing 'whom' and 'who', sometimes.) I know saying a statement in this manner: "To whom does this belong?" is correct, but any other usage of the word 'whom' in general escapes me. Perhaps I should look into it. Regardless of that, I hate when people misuse those words as well. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I misuse them, hmm? xD

You forgot the most horrid, yet seemingly most prevalent one there is: 'too' and 'to' >.<

Top Bottom