• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm Breaking Wario Again :P (Infinites)

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
LOL, I can't do a reverse all the time as MK, but when I get it done, and don't do my Side B, I seem to break out all the time.

3rd time playing as MK FTW.

Masterplum

Smash Apprentice
are you kidding me!?? Ive known about this since march...I thought everyone already knew this. I wouldve posted it back then if I knew no one knew about it...

Some_Kind_of_JokÈ?

Smash Apprentice
uhm...
in training mode is this SUPPOSED to register as a combo?
i can get the grab every once in awhile, but not as a combo (im only testing it on DDD) the highest # of consecutive grabs i have gotten was 5...

Mmac

Smash Lord
The buffering is like half a second delayed though.... so I can't get an accurate reading...

Also Yoshi's Island = Impossible... Forces Aerial Shuttle Loop, which is impossible to snag

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Is that the only reason you're here? >_>

Also I'm positive you can beat the Spotdodge though. Maybe it is all about the C-Stick....

Although if he can escape with Shuttle Loop, then it probably wont work on MetaKnight, sadly....
No. Im here because excluding Lucas, I WANT Wario to infinite the others.:laugh:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Perhaps I'm just doing it wrong...but I'm doing what I know, and I couldn't get it to work against a side-dodging Lucas. As for Bowser, you have to be frame-perfect or he can escape or graze you with his Up-B.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Hmm. From what I tested so far, it looks like you can indeed infinite ddd with this...

Ace55

Smash Lord
If this turns out to be false Mmac I swear I will hunt you down. If not than you're a god.

I hope you're a god.

3GOD

Smash Ace
I'm almost 100% certain this does not work against Meta Knight.

From the start of the Dthrow:
Meta Knight can move/shield on frame 64
Wario can move/shield on frame 60
Wario dash grab comes out on frame 70 optimally (frame 10 of the dash grab animation)

So, it is clear that Meta Knight can move 6 frames before Wario's dash grab connects. All Meta Knight has to do is hold toward Wario and mash A to do an Ftilt to interrupt the dash grab (his Ftilt comes out on Frame 3 :().

It may be possible to connect a Dash Attack --> Usmash combo since Wario's Dash Attack comes out on frame 4. But Meta Knight can probably shield that by just holding L/R.

Unless there is something funny about using the C-stick that speeds up the grab or some how interrupts the Dthrow animation early, this is not legit on Meta Knight.

I'll check out the other characters later.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that information makes sense as to why the infinite does work. The c-stick (what I know as boost grab) usage with the grab function makes the character have the range of his/her dash attack with a grab. Perhaps, the boost grab lowers the grab frame from 70 to something faster.

I will test this out with my friend later today. Will be sure to save some vids for uploading by later tonight. Anybody here willing to upload vids?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol I tried to find something like this a while back, but I used dthrow > dash > reverse boost grab =[

I was so close!

Mmac and infinites...

Mmac

Smash Lord
Unless there is something funny about using the C-stick that speeds up the grab or some how interrupts the Dthrow animation early, this is not legit on Meta Knight.
Eh.... thats exactly what I'm proclaiming (The Dthrow Cancelling part)....

If you can count frames, then what frame does Wario has his Fist fully clinched during the animation of his Dthrow?

But I still doubt the statistics because even on WiFi, I manage to beat out Morphed's Ftilt the majority of the time, but prehaps this was probably due to the reduced buffering from WiFi Input Lag.... or He was lagging...

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
The boost grab cuts him down to grabbing MK on fame 64 I think, but thats just me blowing smoke. Reverse shuttle can still hit wario though, and MK MIGHT be able to sidestep him too, but I'm sure he can't Ftilt wario, I was trying it with Mmac online and he always grabbed me when I tried, Usmash came out faster it seemed, and worked around 65ish, reverse shuttle worked at like.... 20?

And this ONLY works on flat stages, any little elevation change and MK can get out of it easy.

Mmac

Smash Lord
The boost grab cuts him down to grabbing MK on fame 64 I think, but thats just me blowing smoke. Reverse shuttle can still hit wario though, and MK MIGHT be able to sidestep him too, but I'm sure he can't Ftilt wario, I was trying it with Mmac online and he always grabbed me when I tried, Usmash came out faster it seemed, and worked around 65ish, reverse shuttle worked at like.... 20?

And this ONLY works on flat stages, any little elevation change and MK can get out of it easy.
I'm not doing boost grabbing though (Unless it's exactly what I'm referring to and don't know it). I'm just buffering and cutting out part of the end of the Dthrow Animation. However if I have legitimate proof that I can beat out a 3 Frame attack online, then I can probably beat out anything MetaKnight has offline.

However, I don't really want to judge the values online though. It's so hard to pull off buffering online, and even if you do, it's limited and less effective.

But yeah. Me and Morphed discovered that it will only work if the surface is completely flat, so stages like Yoshi's Island or Lylat Cruise makes this near impossible to pull off

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Tested it. I can get it to work I THINK in 1/4 time. However I can't see this being used in a match. I think MK has four frames to get his Shuttle Loop to initiate after he regains control of himself. Unless I'm missing something. Either way it's nearly impossible to escape but even closer to impossible to actually do in a match.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
if this works on mk that makes two new ats that can give metaknight a disadvantageous matchup in two weeks.

between the wario cg and dk being able to punish almost everything meta does with a gfsc headbutt, maybe we can finally shut up the scrubs that keep crying about metaknight (he has a bunch of even matchups, he's not broken, now he might have two disadvantages

viparagon

Smash Ace
Wow you haven't got on for a while.

IT stounds for groundd footstool comboing. Out of a trip from a dtilt and a powershielded glide attack, DK (and other Characters) Dk can COMBO into a headbut and giant punch inescapably. it takes advantage of the lag after footstooling. go to the dk boards for the vid its by God-is-my-rock

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
I tested this with a good friend of mine. I did the dash grab perfectly and he had the option to shield and roll. N.air and shuttle loop.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
basically, i think MMacs version uses the Cstick to somehow eliminate some of the frames of the down throw, allowing him to move faster than the animation is supposed to allow

do i have it right?

stupidvince

Smash Cadet
i'm not sure this matters at all, but i've just started to pick up wario a couple months ago. i've been using this technique actually for a month or two (on dk anyway), and i also find that the standing infinite works on wolf and other warios (although it has not been confirmed as an infinite just yet). i just wanted to point that out because i didn't see those characters on the first post.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Undrdog's got a purple name, so I believe him XDXDXDXD.

Maybe Mmac found some new grab IASA frames?

salaboB

Smash Champion
Need a high quality video (Do replays work for exact frame data? I'd hope they would...) from mmac that someone who can check the frames can use to see if anything is being short circuited.

That could be done against a cpu, afaik.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I'll get a video up soon, fixed my recorder. I'm guessing you want me to do it in 1/4 Speed?

Mmac

Smash Lord
Not really sure a video will help with what we're talking about. It could just be some super Yoshi-board troll :p
Now cmon, would I REALLY put this much effort into Trolling? :p

Besides, if I was, I would do something stupid and obviously fake. Right now almost everyone says that it's possible to do.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Saw the vid, I think you're doing it too slow, no offense. Saw the CG against DK and I do it a bit faster than that. I'm almost positive Wario can't CG Falco, unless he does a dash grab and I think it it too slow for him.

Top Bottom