• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ill Keep U guys Updated on Brawl Puff Mango << He won Pound ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
yeah i definitely yell out mango whenever a jiggs does something cool
mango IS jigglypuff haha

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
yea...
it also gets very annoying when in tournaments people shout out mango when I
rest someone....
i believe i should get the credit for my own rests >_<
lmao. people can say that when mango does it but i don't like it when i do one
(no disrespect to mango)
Your lucky you even get acknowledged for rests. I barely get any recognition for my rest hijinks.

Like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHx-UDfTWvk

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
haha, which jiggly puff were you? the green or red?

i should go for more rests in teams like that lol.
whenever i can i rest when my teammate grabs though but i don't do too many random rests.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
haha, which jiggly puff were you? the green or red?

i should go for more rests in teams like that lol.
whenever i can i rest when my teammate grabs though but i don't do too many random rests.

I'm the Red Jiggs. I like to rest, yet whenever things explode in my matches, I get little recognition.

Not that I care, just I'd like SOME sort of pat on the back. I mean come on, it's funny.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
yea, i get recognized for my rests whenever i do one at nyc tournaments. the only thing i don't like is when they shout out mangooo lmao.

mango , are you going to pound 3? i've asked before but you haven't posted on this boardd in a whilleee lol

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
^_^

And my internet has been down

and im most likely going to pound just waiting for hugs to buy my ticket =D
ok, cool. i hope to see you there.
who do you usually use if your up against someone who's a jiggly puff main?
do you stay jiggly puff and wait for them to switch?
or if they won't switch will you do a puff ditto? lol

cyclone248i

Smash Journeyman
lulz

I do have a question on Docs. I hate when I'm versing one and have everything under control until they figure out that I have ****ty spacing on the Dsmash which forces me into the air for their Uair.

Advice?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I've been trying to get tehmangosurprise on my friend who plays samus, but whenever I get 3 rests on him he kills himself "accidentally." It's happened like four times now. I guess i'm destined to never get it.:(

Anyways, does a fair->rest work on a crouch cancelling samus? I got it once tonight but i'm not sure if it was just luck or if it actually works.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
I go falco on them

and if they counter mute city i go sheik ^_^

edit - this is mango
hmmm, isn't it risky going falco against a really good jiggly puff player though?
he isn't too much of a problem for jiggly puff really and i'm sure your falco isn't as good as your puff so someone at your level of play with jiggs could probably beat your falco then right?.:ohwell:

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
hmmm, isn't it risky going falco against a really good jiggly puff player though?
he isn't too much of a problem for jiggly puff really:
The matchup is even. As long as falco is physically on the stage, he has full presence and his speed makes it tough for jigs to control him.

And the natural assumption that jigs ***** falco doesn't help our cause either. Many jigs players assume it to be a cake matchup, and have little experience with it.

Happy New Years guys :)

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
The matchup is even. As long as falco is physically on the stage, he has full presence and his speed makes it tough for jigs to control him.

And the natural assumption that jigs ***** falco doesn't help our cause either. Many jigs players assume it to be a cake matchup, and have little experience with it.

Happy New Years guys :)
yeaa, you're right.
i was thinking it was puff advantage a little because i like the matchup a lot and can play it well.
that's only due to the fact that one of my crew members plays falco and i get experience from playing him.
the main point i was trying ot get across to mango though was that jiggs players at his level would probably have the upper hand against his falco because that's not his main and falco does not have an advantage.
it really doesn't matter though lol. whatever character you're better at playing with against puff.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
lulz

I do have a question on Docs. I hate when I'm versing one and have everything under control until they figure out that I have ****ty spacing on the Dsmash which forces me into the air for their Uair.

Advice?
there's really not too much advice for that problem.
you just have to get better at spacing.
how are they hitting you with it? jab to down smash?
or are you just rushing in and gettting down smashed? lol
just try to keep your spacing with back airs against docs.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Ken Neth- I have no idea if that works i no nair 2 rest works on samus but i have no clue on the fair never tryed it

Cyclone - I haven o idea on docs lol i just go falco on them because docs are gay lol

6th - I will one day lol

Fhed - hmmm With resting spacies the only good thing is pretty much up throw rest and if u hit them with a u air its always a rest but besides that its hard 2 rest a good space animal... and with sheik nair 2 up tilt works good unless they crouch cancel then down smash so use nair up tilt once in a while and fallling with u airs against sheik is 2 good which leads a rest

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
hmmm, isn't it risky going falco against a really good jiggly
I always thought Falco had a slight advantage; Azen told me that some time ago.
I remember that he counterpicked with Falco against King (forgot which tourney but the video is on youtube).

Also, keep in mind that most Falcos out there have 0 mindgames and rely on tech, so they do terrible against characters such as Jiggs, Samus, Peach, etc (matchups where you have to think about what you're doing).

Fhed

Smash Apprentice
Yo Mango
What should I do against top tiers and high tiers when i back throw them and they end up outside of the stage? I usually dair space animals at the end of the stage but I haven't been successful in killing them.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Yo Mango
What should I do against top tiers and high tiers when i back throw them and they end up outside of the stage? I usually dair space animals at the end of the stage but I haven't been successful in killing them.
when you back throw someone off the stage you should usually wait for them to use their jump. once they do jump after them off of the stage and hit them with bair or nair.

well, that's what i usualy do. it gimps characters fast lol.

but might as well wait and see what mango does in the situation lol.

also NJzfinest.
wow, i didn't even know azen used falco >_<.
well after seeing him use linkk, peach, falcon, and sheik at VLS i assume he can use pretty much every character lol.

maybe he just likes playing falco against jiggly puff better?
the match up is pretty much even.

GLCH

Smash Apprentice
wow, i didn't even know azen used falco >_<.
well after seeing him use linkk, peach, falcon, and sheik at VLS i assume he can use pretty much every character lol.

maybe he just likes playing falco against jiggly puff better?
the match up is pretty much even.
Azen is pretty sweet with every character.. His mario is unbelievable..

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
S0ft- Watch the aggression. Those rests were nice as hell (the first one I didn't see coming at all), but she was beating you in the % element. She dealt 300%+ compared to your 150%ish, so when you factor in those 3 flashy, flashy rests, there's still a good deal of catchup-room.

After the first stock, she started calling you on your movement. You'd hit her shield as she baited you to move overtop of her, resulting in her killer nair out of shield. Adjust your strat to hitting the sheild then, instead of you being baited into her nair, try and teeter on the border of her fullhop-nair range. If you'd rather just play it safe, hit the shield, walk away.

Nice match though, man. Rest is too good.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
mango good luck with yoshi ness and mew2 if you havent learned them already >_< they are hard to learn but once you get it WOW

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Alright so here is me fighting this peach at this tournament. I don't realy know how to fight peach and last week at a different tournament this same peach 3 stocked me. So I tried the just rest tatic. Tell me what you think:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bLz9t0vJMb8
wow. those were some sick rests soft lol.
you did really good but you should've been more patient. you could've won it if you didn't rush that peach so much when you were alrready up.

well, i can't really criticize you because at VLS you taught me so much about jiggly puff lol:chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom