• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ill Keep U guys Updated on Brawl Puff Mango << He won Pound ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
yeah mango...i need help against di ing marths spamming throws to sidesmash and sheiks when they needle spam and spam grab to slap **** it -_- is there anyway of like getting out of that crap lol
DI the forward throw away from Marth. With sheik, if you won't die off the top, DI towards the sheik and he'll have to up air you.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
WWJASOND- I played ss at crews at oc3.. i rather not talk about it lol...

Like when hes camping.. whiles he running away.. Chase with nairs.. u might hit him and ruin his plans. If he gets u to like 80 percent.... camp him back.. all he wants is the grab... SO CAMP!! yaya just do it lol
When u got him cornered somewhere fair spam him.......Make it harder for him 2 leave......If u need anything else ill be on aim to answer it better
U also gotta teach me taht teknique.. lol plz? hahah

thx - Its hard to di that stupid throw.. because they can throw u like forward or back... A good marth.. ( sadly) will hit u with a fsmash... I Di up tho.... because thats how i roll.. No there is not a way to get out the grab.. if the marth is smart.
When sheik likes to needle spam..TAKE THE NEEDLES LIKE A MAN!! just walk through them.. thats what i do.... Or hit them with nairs... Nair to get in.. because that has more priorty then whatver she can do. watch the crouch cancel dsmash Like i said..

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Mango, how do I become the #1 puff player in Socal?

Thanks.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
DI Down from marth's f throw -_-, you make f air spam sound safe, jiggz players wont get good if they depend on f air to pressure falcon at high %

I suggest mixing things like hitting one side of the shield then hitting the other, or going high randomly then fast falling to f air, and if they jump into it you get a free WoP usually f air combo. also theres the dirty double aerial trick, =) skank the up air and easy combo/rest.
A shielding falcon can really just knee or up air out anytime and hit you, so make sure you space well.
Also if you know they grab too much just pull off some aerials, randomly crouch and maybe fake some lag = nice easy rest

Unlucky on ntsc you cant DI away from shiek's d throw so take the f air or u air like a man

I find shiek hard myself, i depend on some nice air battles against him due to jiggz has priority, but shiek's f air and b air are too fast -_-. Edgeguard is pretty simple though (advantage jiggz)
Needles..just work around them, duck them etc and if the shiek isnt a d smash ***** go for some crouch cancel or shield rests lol ;D Also n air to f smash, like on most chars but shiek gets *****.

Also advice try force onto platforms, its one of my favourite tricks, easy rest too =) can be done in several ways, one of the most obvious is using pound (i think king does it into the ground on pokemon stadium against falcon) up throw fox/falco onto platforms, mindgames.

Id easily say fox is the most horrible matchup for jiggz, you realise how slow jiggz is and fox's camping is ridiculous (not the lasers, just the approach is simple and abusing with n air and stupid combos). Up throw is overrated, the jiggz should either DI slightly to the side or upwards at high %.
Hence i hate this matchup, I use counterpicks now... its your choice though if you wanna work on this matchup =).

MaNg0

Smash Hero
0o0o0o0o0o0o00oo0o0

No one gets good by relying on one thing..
Just saying fair spam *****...
I get more specific on aim..!!! its easier there

Thats why it says.. Aim me because theres things taht cant be said on the thread.. hahha

o_0

And nothing is safe in this game.. if u miss ur gonna get hit right? ITs all about attacking at the right moment.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Not american???/

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Lol aim is too good...

its just easier to say things on aim

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I think Fox vs Jiggs is even, as long as you know how to play against Fox.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Lol i will use msn when i no longer have dial up.. hahaha

WELL SORRY!! FUZZYNESS IF IM JUST TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE GOD!! -_-

No jiggz fox is not even..

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
AIM > MSN on dial-up, Mango what blasphemy is this?

...when I had dial-up, I had no troubles with MSN... then again, I think it was a lot simpler back then, too...

MaNg0

Smash Hero
O and chrono square i seen ur match vs the ganon.
way to do the mango suprise lo,l

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Then again, I do play the best Fox in socal quite frequently...so that might have some effect.

thx

Smash Ace
WWJASOND- I played ss at crews at oc3.. i rather not talk about it lol...

Like when hes camping.. whiles he running away.. Chase with nairs.. u might hit him and ruin his plans. If he gets u to like 80 percent.... camp him back.. all he wants is the grab... SO CAMP!! yaya just do it lol
When u got him cornered somewhere fair spam him.......Make it harder for him 2 leave......If u need anything else ill be on aim to answer it better
U also gotta teach me taht teknique.. lol plz? hahah

thx - Its hard to di that stupid throw.. because they can throw u like forward or back... A good marth.. ( sadly) will hit u with a fsmash... I Di up tho.... because thats how i roll.. No there is not a way to get out the grab.. if the marth is smart.
When sheik likes to needle spam..TAKE THE NEEDLES LIKE A MAN!! just walk through them.. thats what i do.... Or hit them with nairs... Nair to get in.. because that has more priorty then whatver she can do. watch the crouch cancel dsmash Like i said..

thanks i got a smashfest coming up and my friend is like one of the best marths in nyc -_- and my friend has a sheik that spams that against my jiggz u got anything else i would be able to use in those matchups (that u might have not mentioned in the front page lol) j/w =D

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
O and chrono square i seen ur match vs the ganon.
way to do the mango suprise lo,l
lol, there was more than just one match vs. him... three; it was a money match, a money match that I refused to let end, so instead of falling to my death gracefully I puff punched in the air as much as I could...

laziness might've overlooked the video responses in match 2 and 3, so I'll just put them here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1Pzw5t_giA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pctl77YN-Po&watch_response

if you want to see the first one in that set again, you can find the link from the second match... I swear I jumped at the second rest in there; at 0:26... I land on the platform, but instead of jumping into him + rest to seal the combo, I just slide off the platform... wtf h4x

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Ok well i have dial up. so ill try and watch them....

thx- U also wanna bair spam occasionally.. just to make him stop throwing needles for a bit.. go for a lot of rest to.. sheik is easy to rest... Also duck once in a while then rest!! aim if u need anything else

Chrono Square About match 3.
Ok
1.Ur air dodges are to ****
2.U see how the whole match u give him time to set up? allowing him to do whatever he wants ? get me? GET IN HIS FACE!! theres like nothing he can do out of shield
3. Need more nair fsmash.. *****!
4.NEED FOR NAIR!
5.At 1:04 u see how u did those two bairs? U could of done one bair and hit the cstick up.. and u would of hit him with u air.. which is rest.. Bair to uair is well agaisnt gannon...
6.Love the edgeguard when he survives the rest ROOOOLLOOOOOUT!!
7.Tell that gannon i love his edguard for that last stock lol ( dont let him do that 2 u!!)
Never puff for recovery.. i dont

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Chrono Square About match 3.
Ok
1.Ur air dodges are to ****
2.U see how the whole match u give him time to set up? allowing him to do whatever he wants ? get me? GET IN HIS FACE!! theres like nothing he can do out of shield
3. Need more nair fsmash.. *****!
4.NEED FOR NAIR!
Advice well taken. Usually, I do have a healthy dose of nairs in my play, but I guess a combination of ganon's spacing and my own 38 hours w/o sleep didn't make me play quite like I usually do... but I still did better than normal took 9 stock one teams match; all of theirs + 1 of my team mates' LOL (we lost because he was ganon and when I grabbed the enemy for a winning warlock punch, he instead used dair and I died... then he died... and somehow we lost the 3rd match... T.T)

And I'm pretty sure I didn't know about nair to fsmash before this tournament :p

5.At 1:04 u see how u did those two bairs? U could of done one bair and hit the cstick up.. and u would of hit him with u air.. which is rest.. Bair to uair is well agaisnt gannon...
Again, something I didn't know... I don't know when to use uair T_T perhaps next tournament I can confirm my suspicions of the box tag acting as a visible "hitbox" for where Uair lands? XD (too bad I have no money for next weekend's tourney D=)

6.Love the edgeguard when he survives the rest ROOOOLLOOOOOUT!!
I love it too :) Probably my personal best "combo" =P

7.Tell that gannon i love his edguard for that last stock lol ( dont let him do that 2 u!!)
Never puff for recovery.. i dont
So do you count your jumps at all? I don't... and hence I didn't want to fall victim to trying mindgame trixies out in the middle of nowhere and running out of jumps... I always believed in the priority of the Puff Punch; usually I can get people to hit themselves on it in situations such as these... lol I remember that same exact thing was what killed me in like my second tournament vs. a ganondorf; I guess next time I'll just go for the edge, THEN proceed to try and hit ganon off/get back on...

I also want to know... by bair spam (as you mentioned to thx) do you mean a WoP, or just flying around in the air spamming bairs trying to hit whoever... b/c I recall reading that you can't WoP, which makes me want to learn more about your style... because as you could probably tell, neither can I :p (I'll look for/through some videos when I have time... lawlz 3 am wtf am I still doing up)

LuCKy

Smash Master
if you want to watch mango play you should go getyourtournament.com ask mango for the link

but mango since your not on aim and i know youll look at this thread first thing in the morning are we gonna go to mike house tomorro and stay the night? or just go sat? oh and glen is gonna give me some of our matches tomorro so we could try and get out the parts we need for the vid but we still need to go to mikes to record more and your not going to school right? call me in the morning

LuCKy

Smash Master
Then again, I do play the best Fox in socal quite frequently...so that might have some effect.
wow 50 50 my a** do you not listen to mango or what if you think the match up is even play my fox:) thats right i said it ryan pshhhh ill **** you with any character but then........thats just because i love fighting jiggs:laugh: but really ill **** you lol

and my bad for the double post gimpy but ryan needed to be told.....about this ...c0ck-e-ness......

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
ChronoSquare-

You did some good rests but you relied on them too much for the kill, not a bad thing but, mid percents get WoP on him, or do what Mango says.

I saw you try, I never saw it hit, rest out of Shield against a Stomp. It works if they miss an L-cancel. Just don't do that.

And yeah what Mango said, you gave Ganon room. If you let him space you WILL lose this match, there is no doubt. But if you get it in his face you will win. And yeah not having enough sleep counts for a lot I know.

BTW Devy is a good Ganon, you were playing someone who would give a Jiggly trouble.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
When you rest out of a shield, do you let go of your shield button, then short hop -> rest?
Or how exactly should you be pressing buttons...?

thx

Smash Ace
cool thanks im gonna test it today see if i could play well against them also idk your aim lol

mango=fruit=the **** >=)

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
theres no reason for you to be holding down the shield button, you can if you want i guess? its dumb though because it doesnt affect in any way if you weren't holding it down. the shield stun is present regardless of you holding that button down.

just let it go after they hit your shield and jump rest! doesnt have to be short hop either, just rest right after you jump so you dont really move anywhere

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
wow 50 50 my a** do you not listen to mango or what if you think the match up is even play my fox:) thats right i said it ryan pshhhh ill **** you with any character but then........thats just because i love fighting jiggs:laugh: but really ill **** you lol

and my bad for the double post gimpy but ryan needed to be told.....about this ...c0ck-e-ness......
You're going to **** me because you play with one of the best puffs in the world >_>

MaNg0

Smash Hero
ChronoSquare- Give me more matches ill watch them....
I do count ma jumps of course... DUH!!! PUFFS!! dont use puff to recovers all the time.. Not nesscearry

Yoshi.- Shield-Jump-Then down b- really quick

Here are links to matches again

http://www.getyourtournament.com/400757.html there u go felllow puff players

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
Alright. When sheik is going to use up-b, and you are on the ledge. What should you do? I tend to get hit by the up-b when I'm trying to get up and get a free rest. Should i ledge-hop? Just tap a?

Maybe a little noobish question :p

Sliq

Smash Master
Alright. When sheik is going to use up-b, and you are on the ledge. What should you do? I tend to get hit by the up-b when I'm trying to get up and get a free rest. Should i ledge-hop? Just tap a?

Maybe a little noobish question :p
Depends. If you think the Sheik is going to try and sweet spot, hoping that the flames will knock you off of the ledge, then roll. If you think they are going to go straight up in anticipation for the roll, just get up (it is faster and allows you to punish Sheiks aerial lag).

What you should be doing is going out off the stage and hitting her before she has an opportunity to use the up b.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Kaizer- Bair off the edge real quick to get invunerbialty back.. ( u might also hit her) wait for her to land then puff downwards or rest or bair him or rest.. wahtever

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
ChronoSquare- Give me more matches ill watch them....
I do count ma jumps of course... DUH!!! PUFFS!! dont use puff to recovers all the time.. Not nesscearry
Lol, I need more matches first... everything else I have with me is from like March, and I'm considerably improved from then... (like the teams matches on my YouTube channel; nothing beats Rollout being buffered off the nose of the Great Fox to be hit by its lazers :p)

I need to get in the habit of counting jumps... multi-tasking for me while playing smash is not easy; I can't play a match well and still talk, like my friend Tar could (of course then I don't think he ever really tried lol)

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
He doesn't know what he is, but his mother had told him that he's either Mexican or Puerto Rican, but there's still the possibility that he is Filipino.

I asked him about this on AIM already :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom