• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ill Keep U guys Updated on Brawl Puff Mango << He won Pound ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
I personally throw my vote in for talking about Jiggly's ledge game/get-up strategies vs certain characters, and ways to turn a botched edgeguard (by them) into an offensive advantage. I've got a few ideas I wouldn't mind bouncing off some people, and I could definitely use some advice on specific character matchups.
i agree =D

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
So, here's a question for ya: Is the box tag Japanese? Like, it can only be accessed if the language is in japanese for that first box kanji(/whatever style that is in)?

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
You have to get permission from Mango/Gimpyfish.
Dudeski, does that mean you obtained this holy permission grail? I saw it was being used in your videos...

Ah, but speaking of Mango's permission, I can take the time to freeload off and (in lieu of my once-frequented ChozenOne help thread) ask for advice and tips/ways to improve on these few videos from a tournament not that long ago:

three money matches http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX5uEqYfGV0 (2nd and 3rd videos are video responses) and round 1 of another money match http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dg2-7VJVhw

Spacing, yes I know I need to space... I just don't know how to learn to; I feel like I don't have enough control over where I am, and therefore doubt my spacing ability... (my other glaring fault being DI... that one just takes practice I guess, unless Mango/anyone else has any suggestions on how to improve DI?)

oh... and some bulletins on my gameplay... whenever I missed rest and was being warlock punched, I would try to double-stick DI to tech it on the ground... worked like maybe once XD. 2nd attempt in 1st match - I dunno why I didn't jump, I swore I hit the button... (and on the last rest can anyone tell me if that's like ledge canceled or something? ;P)

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
hrm.i haven't officially recieived permission to use it..however i have embarked on my own personal journey of discovery..trying to unlock some of the box tag's potential. =]

:edit my eyes burn trying to watch those videos..bad quality.. =,[

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
I blame the TV we played on. Usually my camera records well... sometimes it gives better quality than some VCR recordings out there... >.>

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Well im almost done with the guide thing..
Im probaly gonna do like bowser, yoshi, mewtwo, roy
Those are like the only low tiers i know how to fight so ima need ur guys help =)

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
lol wow mango your thread helped me **** today, i mangoraped my friends samus.

THAS RIGHT THAS RIGHT lil ******.

---come over this weekend we'll record with the crew.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
dear mango

i'm a jigglypuff player and i find myself having trouble with this one bowser guy named gimpyfish but every other bowser i play i completely destroy. please write a guide on both normal bowsers and gimpyfishes because he is too good T-T

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
dear mango

every time somebody says something remotely funny or original mike haze steps in and tries to use the same jokes but the results are less than positive, how can i stop mike haze from ruining jokes and general humor?

EDIT: get gut punched mike LOL

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Lol, I've been overlooked... so I'll just rephrase it:

Mango, would you honor me by rating my Jiggs? (Links in an above post of mine)

MaNg0

Smash Hero
WOW no fighting in ma thread..
This is a thread of peacful puffs..
god freaking bowser and fox players going nuts

Edit where link . just post again.. make things easier.. lol

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Lol i like dl them.. then .. i like go somewhere and when i come back. .there done..

YAYUHZZZZ!!

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
puff ***** bowser har har har har
lol I wouldn't say ****...
It's more like Jiggly takes Bowser to a nice Lobster dinner and then never call him back the next day.
:D

BTW Happy Hallow's Eve Jigglies! Don't let the handicap 9 Marths and Falcon get you

seriously that was sooo annoying, never train like that ever

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I think you exaggerated the samus matchup a little. And maybe it's becuase I have experience both as a jigglypuff player and a samus player but I think it's more of a 50/50 chance. Samus's ability to move around in her shield gives her a good deal of protection. Then again the only jigglypuff I've played is kishprime and no one elses so it might just be one of those personal character matchup things. Kind of l ike how my sheikd can't beat ganondorf but my kirby or pichu can... He does **** my sheik though... stupid crouching ***** her grab and her dash attack.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Well i guess i made the samus match up to ma favor.. put i play hugs so i expect top notch samus players...it can be a really easy match for puff.. u just gotta know how 2 use ur shield...

Takumaru

Smash Lord
KevinM, you forgot the epic part of pwning the level one falco. You can't write a novel with just that!

WassupJB

Smash Lord
MANGO!!! thanks for the advice to help all, it helped me. i'm just wondering if you've played silent spectre? cause i've been playing him in friendlies at the nor cal biweeklies and he usually 3 stocks me. when i got him down to 2 stocks i considered it an accomplishment lol. also ss plays the king, who is definitely a much smarter jiggs than i am =( lol. besides him already being a incredibly smart player, that has to help lol. also marth and fox, cause falco's go fox on me when i chose jiggs (just like you said). my question is how do you catch fox to put him in an awkward position when spamming lazer (create an opening)? just follow with nairs? elaborate if you can man. ithanku

also i don't kno if this is technique or i'm getting ridiculously lucky. but fox's up throw up air, i've been DIing up and i get hit by first foot of uair, but not the second, so i dont get top killed. is this normal? btw i only do it at high damage.

(sorry if some1 already asked this, i didn't read all 30 something pages :p sorry)

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
i've been trying to do rising puffs for a while now, but i can't seem to get it to work
i haven't exactly looked into the entire process of it, and maybe i should
but anyone got any pointers? i've really been trying to use it but it just doesn't seem to work...

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
i've been trying to do rising puffs for a while now, but i can't seem to get it to work
i haven't exactly looked into the entire process of it, and maybe i should
but anyone got any pointers? i've really been trying to use it but it just doesn't seem to work...
u do " -> + B and then tilt the directional stick up"

thx

Smash Ace
yeah mango...i need help against di ing marths spamming throws to sidesmash and sheiks when they needle spam and spam grab to slap **** it -_- is there anyway of like getting out of that crap lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom