• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

Zabutur

Smash Apprentice
Ike? maybe... if they wanted to kick Marth to add some masculinity to an FE rep. (actually I found Roy as a hysterical character, but that's for another time)
I personally think that they should put either Eliwood, Lyn or Hector in.
of course, if E made it, Roy wouln't; I'd personally prefer Roy.

it's about uniqueness. Ike uses sword and has blue hair. and he's a guy
blue hair=Marth
sword=Link, Roy, Marth, YL
guy characters-around 20 of them that I don't want to name

Hector has blue hair, but also an axe.
blue hair: Marth again (and Ike...)
axe: original

Lyn has green hair. (and those of us who are smart know that green hair pwns all. just ask Dr. Wright) and... she's female. (and I rcall her having a bow)
green hair: original
bow: Link/YL
female: too few (about 10 in 40 would be a better matched, but oh well)
sword: see above list

and Ike. lowdown time.

my response: sure, why not? the more the merrier. just no Sonic and Megaman.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
La di da~

*Ike appears in his FE10 incarnation. His melee attacks don’t rely on his sword as much as you would expect, as he also uses his giant gauntlet as well.*

Neutral B: Ike charges his sword back, and then slashes across the ground. The slice extends out like a projectile across the ground. The start up animation takes awhile, but the projectile is very large, reaching about the height of Bowser. If you’ve played FE9 or 10, you should know how this looks, as it is a bit hard to describe. The power is alright, with about the equivalence of a homing missile. It moves off a bit slow though, and the range is only about medium, for a projectile. If it reaches the end of a edge, it will simply disappear, and if used in air, it will drop nearly straight down into the ground.

Forward B: Ike rears his sword back, raising his sword over and behind his head, like his normal stance from FE9. He then rushes extremely fast, with the sword over his head, and half stride, and then pointing straight forward. Ike phases through and does no damage to opponents, but this isn’t the case when his sword is pointing out. Ike will automatically stop when he hits an opponent in this form, as the sword sends them off forward. If Ike doesn’t hit an opponent, he will go about a third farther than a Fox Illusion, and will not fall of ledges, rather he will stop at them. In air, the distance is somewhat diminished.

Up B: Ike launches off from where he is (Air or ground) with his sword out, spinning forward. The move can be seen in a good number of Ike’s attacks, and even the opponent movie. The distance is not far, but the direction can be chosen by the player, as Ike spins. In total, he’ll only spin about three times. The damage is moderate, but there is very little knock back, until the final spin, where it is still lacking, even at higher percents.

Down B: Ike charges himself with blue fire, which gives him a apt blue glow. While he is glowing, Ike’s can make a attack that will bypass the shield of an opponent. The effect in question though only remains around for that one attack, and must be recharged in order to use again. If Ike presses down B again, he’ll gain a second un-guardable attack, but the charge up will take longer. This effect continues for up to five charges, each time taking longer. If Ike is hit while charging, these un-blockable attacks do away. If he swings and misses, one charge also goes away. The glow intensifies around Ike for each charge, and will stay with him as long as he is not KOed, or he uses them.

Final Smash: Ike charges up his sword, and he is empowered with blue flames, similar to his final attack from FE10. He will then slash, sending out a slow moving giant tornado made of fire moving across the ground. The tornado reaches all the way to the top of the screen, making it impossible to jump over. The knock back will also send the opponents upwards instead of to the side. It travels slowly, as stated before, but it is always moving in the same direction it was launched. It will go about the same length as around 3/4ths of Final Destination, but will stop and disappear if it hits the edge of the ledge it is on. Thus, a good way to dodge it, if cornered is to try to jump off the stage, when it hits the end, and then recover when it disappears. The width of the tornado is around the size of a normal character. Ike will pause for a bit after sending out the tornado, but then will be able to move freely. If hit while swinging the sword, Ike will take damage, but won’t flinch.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
And how do you know what the hell that castle IS? I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere, if I'm wrong let me know though.

and by confirmed I don't mean "well the flags look like they come from FE!"
Sorry if someones already responded to this, but its obvious this is Fire Emblem.

The flags' symbols belong to Daein, and what other game could this be from? Duh.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
There's a good deal of people sayinng it's from FE1, but their only real proof is that the flag's symbol kinda looks like the one from a anime OVA, which technically shouldn't even count, as that's not even the game. >_>

moledork

Smash Cadet
no more specuating if the lord of path of radiance is to make an appearance in brawl because he is confirmed people

D

Deleted member

You know what?

He looks even more like me now.

1 down, 9 to go!!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Wow......

I really don't care about the Fire Emblem cast, but this is getting even me excited.

And a little scared.

We're gonna be flooded with N00BS!
But woooow... it's good to see a fresh face.

Sakurai, you never cease to amaze us.

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
sakurai never ceases to amaze me

everyone say happy birthday to spoon man, receiving an amazing gift from sakurai

HumanIce

Smash Cadet
Ike.. I've never even heard of him.. some lame another sword character.. from fire emblem... bleh.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
from the first time i saw him i knew he would be in the new smash. especially as a new FE representaion. I actually want marth gone. i wouldnt mind it at all. if Roy goes he goes way i see it. so far my list of characters to be in brawl is looking good so far. no Peach yet but Ike will do just fine. the wait certainly wasnt for nothing.

GenG

Smash Lord
Wow, Ike looks like GOD, but Ragnell is too short.

Marth should be around there too, at least, as a secret character.

But Ike omfg.

JPW

Smash Ace
WHOA!

Well worth the wait!

I'll be talking all night now.

Oh wait House is on in 10minutes.

For a second when I saw the picture scrolling I almost felt it was Sonic.

He's expected but god **** it's early.

I hope he does that to us again. This came out of nowhere.

GenG

Smash Lord
Maybe he is the Fire Emblem starter and Marth is the secret one?

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
WHOA!

Well worth the wait!

I'll be talking all night now.

Oh wait House is on in 10minutes.

For a second when I saw the picture scrolling I almost felt it was Sonic.

He's expected but god **** it's early.

I hope he does that to us again. This came out of nowhere.
yea....gotta love House.

WR3K

Smash Ace
oh god, his sword looks even bigger then marths.... and that tip looks like it was made for having a "tipper"

i hope to god we dont have another cheap marth on our hands jesus no..... hopefully sakurai will look at common sense physics and make him a normal speed character and not a speed demon... AND hope to god he doesnt have counter

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
sakurai and ike are both extremely thug as of august 1st

on a scale of 1 to 10 i'd give them a 9.5!

-harold and kumar go to white castle

oh god, his sword looks even bigger then marths.... and that tip looks like it was made for having a "tipper"

i hope to god we dont have another cheap marth on our hands jesus no..... hopefully sakurai will look at common sense physics and make him a normal speed character and not a speed demon... AND hope to god he doesnt have counter
Marth really isn't that cheap.

The amount of time you requier to master his spacing is crazy. He doesn't even have many rush down techniques either. His best offensive trait is tech chasing, and that is only if you are quick enough to grab the opponent.

Marth is easy on the begginer level, but he is sure hella hard to master.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
FOOK YEAH SEAKING!

Two handed blade? Magnificent strength? It looks like my obsession over Roy is now coming full circle.

I always said I would pick up Roy's spiritual successor in Brawl. Now is my time!

EDIT: I'm disappointed in all the people speculating horror stories of cheap Marth copies coming from Ike. The website pretty much spells it out that he's going to be a hard hitter with a sword. Plus, look at all the work they're doing to make Brawl nice and balanced. For shame, no faith.

Marth is probably the unlock now, since he's the fan favorite.

If he has a Counter like Roy he's pretty much Roy's replacement. Ah well, I'll miss you old friend!

D

Deleted member

yeah I know what ya mean.....I wonder will he be something like Roy....ya know with fire and all
See some of the trailers to the new FE game. Ike is surrounded by blue flames.

IMHO, this guy is replacing Marth, for the moment. Fire Emblem needs more variation in hair colours, at least.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I'd never heard of Ike until yesterday!

I'm writing a story about SSB, and after seeing a picture of Ike on someones signature here, I looked him up on Wikipedia. I already had all my characters for my story (about 50) and I was torn on whether or not I should include Ike. I finally decided I needed more time to think about it, and I wake up today and figure out he's in Brawl?!

F** Yeah!

Flatfeet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flatfeet
****, I did not expect this. Now for a moveset from Sakurai, will Ike be a clone or a (hopefully) original character?

Top Bottom