• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
I've never played the game Ike is from, but he looks **** bad ***. Much better then Marth or Roy imo

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
they said challenger approaching, which is what happens when you fight an unlockable for the first time. he is probably unlockable, also considering that all the fe characters were unlockable in melee ike is definetly unlockable

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081

Lazy Eye for my????

But, in all seriousness, IKE IS A HOTTIE!

D

Deleted member

Lazy Eye for my????

But, in all seriousness, IKE IS A HOTTIE!
Meh, I like Ike too. Maybe I could cosplay as him oneday, since I kinda look like him (just with kinda fluffy brown hair instead).

Anyone noticed that Ike is a Ranger, yet still wields Ragnell? He had to be a Lord in FE9.

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
meh...

Out of all the characters in Fire Emblem...Ike? Why a character from the worst game of the series. Somebody from the GBA games would have been much sweeter. How about Hector or Ephriam? Even Lyn would have been better. Oh well, at least it's someone imediately reconizable unlike Roy and Marth from imports.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Out of all the characters in Fire Emblem...Ike? Why a character from the worst game of the series. Somebody from the GBA games would have been much sweeter. How about Hector or Ephriam? Even Lyn would have been better. Oh well, at least it's someone imediately reconizable unlike Roy and Marth from imports.
I guess you fail to realise that the GBA Fire Emblems was consider sub par by the Japanese fans. FE 9 is much like FE 5 from what I've heard and both were popular games in Japan.

But anyway, Ike, YAY!

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
I guess you fail to realise that the GBA Fire Emblems was consider sub par by the Japanese fans. FE 9 is much like FE 5 from what I've heard and both were popular games in Japan.

But anyway, Ike, YAY!
Didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I thought the redone graphics got in the way a bit, but hey, it's what the people want.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
I like Ike... on the off chance that Marth doesn't return, I might consider maining him. In the one shot of him fighting Link, he looks like he's using Marth's nair. Luigified? Or did he take the whole moveset and kick Marth's feminine butt out of Brawl?

I really don't think this constitutes Ike as hidden, though. Since I don't remember the Melee debates from 2001, did (name of person in charge of Smash at the time) confirm that characters like Game and Watch or Ganondorf were in Melee? I really think the effect was for drama. I mean, why reveal a character that's only going to be hidden later? It's a total spoiler. And what would they do if they were going to confirm a returning character that's hidden? "WARNING: HIDDEN VETERAN APPROACHING!!"

Perhaps later this week we'll hear the details about the FE stage.

WR3K

Smash Ace
no, the shot with him and samus and link, he is doing the SAME move, which is his aether

it looks like it doesnt knock back anybody and it SHOULDNT, the move takes away life from his enemies and gives it to IKE, so it shouldnt have any knockback to atleast players can catch him in the act/ punish him

JPW

Smash Ace
I was very shocked to see Ike revealed today. I wasn't expecting that, I wasn't expecting to see newcomers in this. it could be safe to say maybe there's no more trailers to come. He's just going to reveal new characters like this too. Shame, I wanted to see an Ike introduction. I love that first trailer so much. And the way it said Newcomer: Metaknight.

Maybe he wants to reveal the FE Stage this week?
I'm curious is Ike part of the starting roster or is he still hidden I would of thought Marth to be joining the starting roster and Ike to be a hidden.

Man this puts my starting roster theory in a pickle. Unless he's planning to have a huge startup line.

I'm actually hoping for 3 FE characters. Here are my picks. Marth, Ike, Miciah.

Anyway it's good to see Ike there, he was a definite from the get go in my view. Due to his western influence and he's an updated FE lord.

D

Deleted member

You're right there. We'll definately see the FE stage this week (one of them anyway).

I think Ike was introduced to show who would 'own' the stage.

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
I've got to say, I'm very impressed with his model. Hmm. Maybe I'll have to give him a shot as well . . .

And what a way to announce it! Are the guys at Nintendo geniuses or what?

goodkid

Smash Lord
Very suprising update today, I was shocked to see a newcomer this early, I thought Sakurai would not show any until two months before release. Ike will replace Marth because they both have blue hair and look to similar. If Black Night appears, then Ganon may not have a sword, or if Ganon has a sword Black Night won't appear. I'm hopping Hector and Lyn will join Ike, and maybe Black Night.

But, I should have guessed, Nintendo has to keep some excitement alive.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Ike looks amazing, and seeing a new charcter confirmed....has to be near my favrite update yet

Anyone noticed that Ike is a Ranger, yet still wields Ragnell? He had to be a Lord in FE9.
Mabey he could upgrade for his final smash? or preferably (imo) the Lord outfit can be an alternate costume?

now....
*sits back, and waits for Marth to get his "feminine butt" into Brawl and seeth out his out revenge on all those who doubt him*

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Ike looks amazing, and seeing a new charcter confirmed....has to be near my favrite update yet

Mabey he could upgrade for his final smash? or preferably (imo) the Lord outfit can be an alternate costume?

now....
*sits back, and waits for Marth to get his "feminine butt" into Brawl and seeth out his out revenge on all those who doubt him*
FINALLY a Marth supporter!!:kirby:

LeadPenguin

Smash Cadet
um, guys...Sakurai says he's unlockable. >_< "New challenger approaching" means he's unlockable.
WHERE, at ANY point, does he LITERALLY say that? Until he actually says that he is unlockable, NOTHING can be assumed. Like Pieman said, for all we know it was just for dramatic effect. Now that there's Fire Emblem games *in* America, they may be bumping one of its characters into the front line of playables. Notice how I use the word "may" instead of "are," thus showing my uncertainty towards the inner workings of Sakurai's mind. You're making ME go >_< except I'm totally holding my hand over my face while I'm doing it. GAH. Can't we just enjoy the fact that there's a new character instead of finding something new to argue about?

P.S. Ike looks pretty cool.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
I hope Marth and Roy both come back (with different movesets). The only characters I won't miss from Melee are Pichu and Dr. Mario, the rest I hope stay and the clones get their own movesets. It would especially be a shame for Marth to go, since he was a top tier and very popular.

D

Deleted member

I hope Marth and Roy both come back (with different movesets). The only characters I won't miss from Melee are Pichu and Dr. Mario, the rest I hope stay and the clones get their own movesets. It would especially be a shame for Marth to go, since he was a top tier and very popular.
QFT.

But I quite like clones, anyway.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Now that we have Ike, will we see any other FE characters? And how popular was Ike on that poll that was held a while ago? Reason I ask is because I wonder if Toad has a shot now.

WR3K

Smash Ace
Very suprising update today, I was shocked to see a newcomer this early, I thought Sakurai would not show any until two months before release. Ike will replace Marth because they both have blue hair and look to similar. If Black Night appears, then Ganon may not have a sword, or if Ganon has a sword Black Night won't appear. I'm hopping Hector and Lyn will join Ike, and maybe Black Night.

But, I should have guessed, Nintendo has to keep some excitement alive.

ganondorf and blacknight could be clones if they still exist

in my oppinion, ganondorf needs WAY more respect as far as developing and attention then the black knight and was already disreespected by being a clone in SSBM, hopefully, ganon will be newly done with his wonderful TP look and TP sword, which should be about the same size as ikes or just ALITTLE longer, because i dont think swords should be too long in this game, reach size can become quite an advantage (try getting pikachu's lil kicks near marth's fsmash in SSBM without playing any mindgames)

Text Only Sword

Smash Rookie
no, the shot with him and samus and link, he is doing the SAME move, which is his aether

it looks like it doesnt knock back anybody and it SHOULDNT, the move takes away life from his enemies and gives it to IKE, so it shouldnt have any knockback to atleast players can catch him in the act/ punish him
Why are people assuming that any of those pictures are Ike using Aether? None of them even vaguely resemble it. When Ike uses Aether, he throws up his sword, jumps, grabs it and brings it down on his enemy's head, before slashing upwards and returning to his original place. At no time durring this attack does Ragnell glow. There is an ability flash, but that's blue. Furthermore, Aether only heals on the second hit. The first hit deals massive amounts of damage by halving the enemy's defense.
Aether should actually have quite a bit of knock back, but it should be slow.

JPW

Smash Ace
FINALLY a Marth supporter!!:kirby:
Tons of Marth supporters around. I'm one that's for sure.

Before Marth it was Link for me.
Bro on the other hand a Roy fan. man we had some classic battles.

And Marth was my survivor. I found it always easy to jump back on with Marth.

That's why i'm hoping Marth stays. He was also in the original Fire Emblem and Roy was Marth's clone, so there's a better chance of Marth sticking and Roy getting this cut. If that's the case.

as for Hector, Lyn and Eliwood. I have a feeling since those FE games are outdated now and several years old. They could be AT's. Not to mention I believe FE7 and 8 and the only FE games to be on Gameboy Advance.

I really hope FE gets 3 reps though. I feel it's good enough to at least step up one more character. Good or Bad.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
i still think that Marth's gonna stay (and i really hope he does) because the fire emblem icon is still Marth's falchion and if he wasn't in it they could have changed the symbol

NukeA6

Smash Master
actually, snake is going to be a hidden character and they have showed him....
Sakurai at least mentioned that he was gonna be an unlockable. Does it say unlockable anywhere in Ike's update. No.

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice
I think this was absolutely brilliant timing by Sakurai, to announce a brand new character at the beginning of August. If people were beginning to lose any amount of faith in the site, due to the large number of possible updates to the game that are irrelevant to competitive gaming, then this just sucked of all them right back in.

Seriously, if one day it's a pitfall item, and the next day it's Ike? You have to keep checking. I'm lusciously fired up about this now.

SynTheTik

Smash Rookie
I really, really, really hope that Ike isn't a replacement for Marth. Maybe for Roy, but not Marth.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
what a glorious day today is. ike was one of my top choices for brawl. now that he weilds ragnell and uses the power of aether in brawl, he is gonna kick a lot of a**.

today is a glorious day

WR3K

Smash Ace
Why are people assuming that any of those pictures are Ike using Aether? None of them even vaguely resemble it. When Ike uses Aether, he throws up his sword, jumps, grabs it and brings it down on his enemy's head, before slashing upwards and returning to his original place. At no time durring this attack does Ragnell glow. There is an ability flash, but that's blue. Furthermore, Aether only heals on the second hit. The first hit deals massive amounts of damage by halving the enemy's defense.
Aether should actually have quite a bit of knock back, but it should be slow.
how do you know what happends before or after those shots? plus in this game it looks like EVERYBODIES sword glows during almost every attack

in LOZ games link's sword does not glow during hits, nor do any of his attacks look like what he has in mellee or brawl
in brawl links sword glows blue every slash

skullkidd

Smash Ace
i love Ike, and how he looks.
his cape is sick nasty.
new main!

and i'd be thrilled if him and Black Knight replace Marth and Roy.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Ike looks a lot more fun to play than Marth, at least from first glance. Marth was so...*yawn* boring. Sword up, sword down, sword forward...you get the picture. Least creative moveset ever.

Text Only Sword

Smash Rookie
how do you know what happends before or after those shots? plus in this game it looks like EVERYBODIES sword glows during almost every attack

in LOZ games link's sword does not glow during hits, nor do any of his attacks look like what he has in mellee or brawl
in brawl links sword glows blue every slash
Meaning that you have absolutely no reason to believe that those screen shots are Ike using Aether. Those shots could be of anything. Although, since I'm assuming that the creators of this game would at least try to make it look like what it's supposed to be, and none of the shots look anything like what Ike looks like before, after or during Aether, it hardly seems likely that any of them are.

Top Bottom