• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike talks for his friends! Progression Story/Confession Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Seeing how Ryko was a big hit with his progression thread, many people would like to follow his example and make their own. However, to avoid massive cluttering of story threads, I believe a single thread comprised with them all will suffice. This post here will be a link to ever single post that is worth** being put up. So go ahead and share your experiences now!

**To be considered worth putting up, you should be going to tournaments, played for at least 2-3 months, ACTUALLY PROGRESSED... and I'll leave it to the rest of the Ike's to consider what is worth being put up. (Burrito that's your job)

Oh yea... Cause of someone asking me: YOU EITHER POST YOUR STORIES IN THIS THREAD OR PROVIDE A LINK TO ANOTHER POST/BLOG/ETC! I'LL BE LINKING YOUR POST TO THIS ONE.

Oh fine Burrito, be that way. I'll take Kinzer's advice then and add confessions.

A confession anyone can do. It's just telling us about what Ike has done/failed for you.

Story Links!

Ryko gets his own thread cause he is that awesome

I'll do my own later >_>;

•Col•

Smash Champion
Erm.... So we just put our stories in this thread? ^_^;; I didn't see where you said we should post them... So I'm assuming in here, or maybe we could just post them in the blog area or w/e.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I had a feeling you'd be the first one to post here.

Post here or provide a link to a blog. IDC what you do lol.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I had a feeling you'd be the first one to post here.
What the hell is that supposed to mean? xD ....Just because I spend like all my free time on my computer on Smashboards doesn't mean anything...... <_<

Also, we can post separate parts, right? Cuz I really don't feel like writing THAT much all at once...

Meh... I'll probably post later tonight... D: I don't feel like writing right this minute.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
honstly I think rykos was a one time thing lol. Not everyone is going to have a story because not everyone is good to begin with. His was a blog on AIB and he could have done the same thing here but they aren't checked as often so he probably posted it here for that reason.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Could we turn this thread into a "confession of an Ike main" thread? I heard the Samus and Mario boards have something similiar where they can talk about all that stuff where they wish was better about their character, and I guess help each other get over that weakness.

We could do both at the same time, it's just a suggestion. I'm too lazy to right a autobiography about how I found this place, picked up Ike for some short time and played only Wi-Fi, then picked up Sonic, decided he was too hard to master and quit for a while, go back to Ike, then regain interest in Sonic and now I end up dual-maining and do well in tournaments/MMs.

Aurorazoni

Smash Journeyman
**To be considered worth putting up, you should be going to tournaments, played for at least 2-3 months, ACTUALLY PROGRESSED... and I'll leave it to the rest of the Ike's to consider what is worth being put up. (Burrito that's your job)
This hurts
;-; Oh fine I'll edit this post after I have done all of those required things.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
This hurts
;-; Oh fine I'll edit this post after I have done all of those required things.
Well, I don't want people who just picked up Ike to be posting about progression. Its a long term thing, and you will get proper progression through tournaments.

Still anyone can post a confession/w.e it really is.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I don't feel like posting a story but I do need to confess something.

Ike is the only reason I play Brawl. he's the only fun character that I can win with. Everybody else is either to win with (but no fun), to have fun (but can't win) or just sucks in my hands. My secondaries belong in the win with category.

Somebody Else

Smash Apprentice
I picked up Ike as a follow-on from being a Roy main, mostly just because he is just so **** fun to play as. In the last however-long-it-has-been since I got Brawl, I've changed quite a lot; it used to be spamming KO moves and Counter in friendly games, now I'm getting the hang of some of the cool techniques (Reverse Aether ftw) and being able to move a lot faster, better prediction, spacing is working well but I still can't NAir or FAir effectively. I tried changing to XY jump, but I just can't get the hang of it, since I've done it that way since the original SSB. Going to start trying Jab-Cancels and such soon. Only thing is, I haven't got anyone that good to play against (and no WiFi).

Got to quarter-finals in a local tournament a short while ago :D

...Advice?

PS, loved reading your story Ryko :)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I wish Ike's Quickdraw wasn't so easily gimped.

Maybe then nobody could say anything about how bad his recovery is.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I have conditional dropped Ike twice but picked him back up a week later >_>;;

But nowadays I can't play Ike after playing melee so much. I tend to only be able to play characters such as Pikachu since I used him in melee already.

Aurorazoni

Smash Journeyman
I have conditional dropped Ike twice but picked him back up a week later >_>;;

But nowadays I can't play Ike after playing melee so much. I tend to only be able to play characters such as Pikachu since I used him in melee already.
Then drop Melee Pika and use Roy. :D
JK, but um o.o I still don't understand how Melee effects one playstyle so much when they try brawl. =/ Guess it's one of those things one wont understand until they have tried it.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I haven't won a tournament match with Ike in 5 tournaments. I have won countless friendlies against decent people, but tournaments I have only won with Metaknight. (It was Dedede, give me a break) :)

I am dropping Metaknight completely though so it s'all good.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I have a failure with Ike once, when I teamed with Jingo Joe last PBT we were on Frigate against PhantomX and Jowii me and PhantomX were left and I couldn't decide with my aether whether to go for the edge or the platform sticking out, so the platform went away and I died! haha thats a failure, now Jingo makes fun of me every time I see him just because of that! lol

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This topic is pointless and going nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom