• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Forums Need an Update?

Kirk

Smash Champion
I'd like to know.

I've been browsing around more and more lately to find that this forum could use some TLC.

The stickied guide hasn't been updated since Feb. 21st and the Videos thread hasn't been updated for about 2 months. I've also been seeing a lot of the same questions and topics come up over and over.

What I am asking is...is there an interest for an update of any sort to this forum? I am willing to get to work on this if this is something that would interest the community.

If this were to go through, I could enlist help from others for ideas and general information compilation. I would be interested in creating new and updated videos(video guides perhaps?) and also new or updated written guide.

In short, I feel the need to update. I could use some input from the community. Let me know what you guys think.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
lol Ike forums probably do need an update esp. if all the threads you see are "Ike=beast"
But I wouldn't know which update you would need. I mean I haven't been checking often ever since the MOTD discussion thread just died for some reason. But before I always felt the need for new vids. Don't know about now but I would say get recent vids up. I would like to see how far Ike has advanced in general.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
ill help in any way i can im still maining ike and i dont want to give up on him samurai panda said that any1 could start a new video thread and just pm him when its done and hell sticky it so if you want to do that go for it im not rly good at finding videos

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Hell Yes. The fools here make Ike look even worse. I've lost my pride for Ike. He's had basically no development, and it's getting sad.

Kirk, I was never a huge fan of you, but we need people to give Ike a ****ing chance.

-Slash-

Smash Cadet
Ike is a simple character, I think we've found pretty much every little technique he has.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Ike is a simple character, I think we've found pretty much every little technique he has.
We still need an updated guide and new videos, if we leave it how it is then Ike end up rarely used. Also I think it is too early to say we found everything to Ike, we will be playing this game for another 7 or so years so who knows what may be found.

Anyways, I am all for this and am willing to help in any way I can Kirk. I don't want Ike to end up like Roy and get looked down on because he is not Marth.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I will main Ike forever. No matter what. I will help and submit to this. Just i think a lot people here have no faith in making a new topic because all we get are trolls. The Scrub free topic WAS working till Verstile stopped updating it. We need someone who will put time and effort into this. I know verstile did a good job but now he's slacking thus we need someone else or he needs to pick up his act on his thread.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Alright, great to hear your responses guys.

Now we just need to get the ball rolling.

So from my understanding...we need to have an updated written guide. Should we simply create a new thread? Or update/revamp a previous one that already exists? Also I'm not quite sure what is going to happen for stickies...since there are those 2 currently up there but not being updated.

Also any video ideas will help. I have some time this weekend to get started on somethings, once I get my room organized...

Basically just get the ideas flowing :D Feel free to contact me on AIM at CaptainChemoX or PM me so we can talk some more.

XACE-K

Smash Master
The Ike boards need an update. But first I think some of the unimportant threads need to be closed. Any thread related to Ike ATs, videos and clans should stay.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
.Also any video ideas will help. .
since there are some people without cameras(myself included) , maybe we could send our ike brawl videos via wi-fi to a specified person with a camera, so that he could put them in youtube
what do you think?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
thats true we need to get rid of those ike is over powered or over rated or a beast threads. would a mod help if i pmed them or just not care?

also ive been looking for some new ike vids today didnt find very many but i think im going to start a new video thread

edit:

since there are some people without cameras(myself included) , maybe we could send our ike brawl videos via wi-fi to a specified person with a camera, so that he could put them in youtube
what do you think?
good idea you can all just pm me and i can take care of that i got my self a capture card a few days ago so im actually going to start uploading my own vids hopefully they dont suck most of them do right now because i haven't really fought that many good people

Kirk

Smash Champion
Good stuff people :D

I have capturing abilities as well (if that wasn't obvious already) and can do some stuff and such lol.

The threads in general are kind of pointless to clean up, as more will just come in to replace them. But if we are planning on creating new threads as stickies, then something probably has to be done to the current ones. I've no right to say they should be removed or not, but that is just a thought.

I just hope to be able to fight some people locally...moving back home, there aren't too many people to play against...but I am hoping to get out to some biweeklies or tourneys to jump start things. Recent videos would be nice...A LOT of the videos are from WAY back when >.<

Keep up the work guys.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I have not been here for a while but it looks like Versatile had a good thing going on in his Scrub-Proof topic, sad to hear that nothing has happened with it lately.
Anyways, you could incorporate some of his topic in to the guide like the Roy guide is set up (with well known people saying how they would use the moves.)

I would not mind fighting people online for videos when I get my wi-fi to stop laging on me. (don't know how I would compare to other people tho.)

Kirk

Smash Champion
Kirk, didn't you write an Ike guide a while back?
I did, but that was a looooooong time ago, like pre US release. It hasn't been updated in ages. It could be an option that I could redo/update it...or just create a whole new one all together, not that we need anymore threads as guides xD

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Hah, alright...You know what really is fun and benefits the community? A matchup thread. It takes a looong time though, so be prepared to be dedicated.

Oh yeah, I <3 u.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Not a bad idea...im guessing you suggested that because you made the all powerful Toon Link Matchup Thread eh? :D

That can be something we can add to the list of things to do.

Oh, and I <3 you too.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Well, I'm just speaking from experience...It is just fun to learn everything about your character vs others, develop strats and share them with people...get advice, etc.

And yes, my matchup thread is all powerful. ^_^

comboking

Smash Master
I think we should get all the Ike guides and try and put them into 1 thread or more. that way if one person thinks one is better they can read that one.
you see what i mean

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
maybe some1 should remake versitiles thread with his permission trebor-nella said some1 could take over his thread since he switched mains idk how that happens he probably just meant re due it or something like that.

as for a guide epmy was doing a good job but he hasn't updated it in a while

comboking

Smash Master
I have updated mine if you've seen it. I don't have it updated here but on the B4bc forums I do will edit it this week

Cowchampio

Smash Rookie
Hah, alright...You know what really is fun and benefits the community? A matchup thread. It takes a looong time though, so be prepared to be dedicated.

Oh yeah, I <3 u.
i second this.

i think we had one a while back, but i don't know wat happend to it...

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
we need a match up thread

we really need it. is there anyone qualified and willing to do something like trebor was cause i just remembered that the smash back room looks at them and we really don't have one right now which is probably hurting ike's teir placement since almost every1 thinks ike is an easy match up even the ones that we think are easy

Kirk

Smash Champion
So far we have a new video thread. It's new and under construction, but it is a start so far. Next in that area we would need to get more videos, the more recent the better. Good start here...I hope Mr. Burrito can keep it updated :D

Any more thoughts on a written guide? Shall I just create a new thread entirely or update an existing one? Need some more input here on the best course of action.

The matchups thread I can also start on. Everyone can contribute and we can all help to edit and fine tune the entries for each character matchup. I can compile everything and we can just get it going in general.

And as always...AIM me with useful information or PM...the more stuff I can get the better...it makes everything easier with others contributing to get the most we can out of this.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
you know what we need

bears are scary
now that was a man who revolutionized the ike boards back in the day, putting out not one but TWO guides
coming out with the original AT Grand Viper
you are my second favorite, kirk
a distant second

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
wow i never new a thread like this would actualy appear in the ike threads.A good thing to do is what the marth threads did. add a thread that contains all the guides and usefull threads even the video thread.

comboking

Smash Master
we really need it. is there anyone qualified and willing to do something like trebor was cause i just remembered that the smash back room looks at them and we really don't have one right now which is probably hurting ike's teir placement since almost every1 thinks ike is an easy match up even the ones that we think are easy
trebor said I could use his info in my guide if i gave him credit

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
cause you haven't demonstrated any particular aptitude at smash bros nor towards the discussion of smash bros

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
why wouldn't I plus
if I can't make it why could u
Never said I would.

You've never demonstrated any high level thought, you barely contribute anything, and quit frankly, you dont strike me as a very intelligent person. And dont think I'm the only one who thinks this.

Kirk or Empy would make fine candidates. I dont know if LK is already up for the Smash Back room or not, I gotta ask him.

Here is a list of reasons why he cant be in the Smash Back Room
http://www.smashboards.com/search.php?searchid=1321333

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
This really is not the place to argue comboking's back room eligibility.

Anyways, Kirk, I say you should just make a new guide, that way all the posts and discussions in it would be about more up to date info. I just think it would look nicer to start off fresh instead of the 17 or so pages you have now.

Kirk

Smash Champion
This really is not the place to argue comboking's back room eligibility.

Anyways, Kirk, I say you should just make a new guide, that way all the posts and discussions in it would be about more up to date info. I just think it would look nicer to start off fresh instead of the 17 or so pages you have now.
Finally, i was waiting for a post like this xD This thread is meant for ideas to improve the forums, and this is the kind of input i was looking for, thank you very much.

You make a good point and that seems like the best course of action in that particular area. I'll be working on it this week...and as always, please contact me with anything you think would be useful to include, and we'll see if it fits with the guide.

Top Bottom