• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Dominates ROB?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Last night I was bored so I was fighting level9 CPUs on Brawl, and I used Ike against ROB at Delfino Plaza (3 stock match). I don't know how, but it was one of the easiest battles I've ever done. I ended up with 3 lives at the end and somewhere around 100% (I kinda messed up at the end)

I always thought ROB was one of the harder CPUs, but for some reason when I use Ike he's easy. Anyone else think the matchup Ike VS ROB is an unfair win for Ike?

Btw, I will upload a video to Youtube soon of the battle.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Are you kidding me?
I 3 stocked a lv9 CPU Meta Knight as Captain Falcon, ergo Falcon does not get ***** by Meta Knight >__>

Ohhhh, now I get it ;)

metroid1117

Smash Master
Last night I was bored so I was fighting level9 CPUs on Brawl, and I used Ike against ROB at Delfino Plaza (3 stock match). I don't know how, but it was one of the easiest battles I've ever done. I ended up with 3 lives at the end and somewhere around 100% (I kinda messed up at the end)

I always thought ROB was one of the harder CPUs, but for some reason when I use Ike he's easy. Anyone else think the matchup Ike VS ROB is an unfair win for Ike?

Btw, I will upload a video to Youtube soon of the battle.
On the contrary, ROB has the advantage over Ike. Don't make assumptions based off of CPU battles.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
This thread needs to be stickied, we must've been going about this matchup all wrong.

Especially when there already is a sticky for this kind of thing.

napZzz

Smash Hero
lol.

10fairgimpsandcampingz

no really, ROB ****s ike hard. His gimp game is 222gud, and if he camps, there isn't much ike can do :/

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
A CPU is another story. Rob is very easy to spike with Ike in all areas. Generally a CPU has the worst recovery... Ike has the moves to own Rob, but that can be also used vise versa.

metroid1117 said:
On the contrary, ROB has the advantage over Ike. Don't make assumptions based off of CPU battles.
How so just by camping?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
A CPU is another story. Rob is very easy to spike with Ike in all areas. Generally a CPU has the worst recovery... Ike has the moves to own Rob, but that can be also used vise versa.

How so just by camping?
I have seen sudai (ROB of LA) camp snakes... It's fricken lame what ROB can do.

D

Deleted member

I have done very well vs all the ROBs I've fought so far, so I'm inclined to agree that ike does fine vs him.

Royta

Smash Journeyman
ike does fine, but no where near the point where it is his advantage let alone dominate him.
He's got the tools to give ROB some hard times, but you still can't afford to make 1 single mistake where he can make lots.

Also fair just ***** your ***... xD

faceholerope

Smash Cadet
"Ike Dominates ROB." "I was fighting level9 CPUs on Brawl, and I used Ike against ROB." lmao
I almost fell out of my chair when I read that.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
You can't base your observations from playing computer players, lol. Human players differ too much from them.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I dunno I personally think R.O.B. easily wins this matchup with potential 0% gimps

that said, Ike ruins rob's aerial approach and can edgeguard him very well

you have to be very smart in this matchup for Ike, while R.O.B. simply has to camp, so ROB is favored probably 60/65

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I dunno I personally think R.O.B. easily wins this matchup with potential 0% gimps

that said, Ike ruins rob's aerial approach and can edgeguard him very well

you have to be very smart in this matchup for Ike, while R.O.B. simply has to camp, so ROB is favored probably 60/65
the smart ikes know this. we're just making fun of the guy who judge things based on CPUs. Don't get all serious in here D: We already discussed ROB as it is.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
It doesn't necessarily matter how smart you have to be if both players are smart, but I would agree with the numbers.

Using CPU's for testing is mentally ********, if I did that, then Jigglypuff would be top tier and her worst matchup would be like Pikachu. And the Pikachu matchup would be like 15-85. CPU's are ********, don't test on them.

Reaperman64

Smash Apprentice
by that logic because i can dammn near 3 stock 3 lvl nines i must be the best smash player ever
god it feels good:p

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Ike is TOO easy to gimp. If he is ever recovering with his Side-B you have a free kill that costs 10%.

Camp him, force him to approach, grab him, toss him off, F-air a few times..

Ike is probably my favorite match-up as R.O.B. because a lot of people around here play him and I never lose to him.

That being said this thread made me lol quite a bit.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ike is TOO easy to gimp. If he is ever recovering with his Side-B you have a free kill that costs 10%.

Camp him, force him to approach, grab him, toss him off, F-air a few times..

Ike is probably my favorite match-up as R.O.B. because a lot of people around here play him and I never lose to him.

That being said this thread made me lol quite a bit.
if the Ikes you play get gimped so easily by fair, play some better Ikes. Yes Ike is easy to gimp but you are picking the wrong moves ~_~ fair is easily outranged and to its easy to AD

Top Bottom