• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Only FE games I ever played were those released here. I didn't care much for character deaths until I lost Florina, because when I found out I could get Fiora with her I was like: "Okay that's it, no more losing characters." And I like AWDoR's FoW mechanics, but we might not be seeing something similar for a while since it hasn't even been released in Japan (lolwut I know).

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Radiant dawn is difficult, but fairly doable without ragequits. If their goal was that then it was achieved, i didn't really ever ragequit except the one chapter in part 3 where
i was trying to get Ike to fight the black knight
but one of my main reasons for ragequits have been mitgated by bexp and the fix to leveling up and better growths for all characters in general. However, you will have trouble without a proper plan. And i know i would reset chapters for the sake of getting chests or stealing am item from the enemy..

FE7 HHM is filled with ragequits because of fail level ups, lolcrits, significantly more enemies, just dumb wyhern riders everywhere :( and weaker units in general..

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I think the worst part about playing that game for me is:

I spend a bunch of time between missions assigning exp and weapons and THINKING about skills (but never assigning because I'm too scared of wasting them). And then I'm such a gold hoarder that I don't spend money on fancy weapons until it's close to endgame. Which makes each mission harder for me.
And I never fix this problem.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
I remember playing PoR in emulator and in my first mission the game glitched when I entered the house with Ike to get an iron sword and I got like 3-4 iron swords. lol.

I ended up watching the game cause this awesome computer of mine couldn't keep up with the frame rate. D:

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Yay Fire Emblem. Radiant Dawn is a bit hard in the beginning, but I don't remember it being too difficult after you move on from the Dawn Brigade. Then again I played on Normal Mode and I Battle Saved almost every turn. xD

I'm playing Thracia 776 at the moment, where even units that have maxed out almost all stats die x_x Masses of accurate ballista = painful. And I do what Brett does and use Iron weapons because I want to save the good equips for later lol...still deciding who I should give skillbooks to. It's also sort of annoying how the game doesn't calculate how much damage the enemy can do to you, but I got used to it after playing FE4.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Not guaranteed on MK, might be useful since it still outranges MK but I never tried. Against other characters we can dair pretty easily.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Battle save doesn't exist in hard mode. For a good reason! You basically took out rng screwage

Edit: lol posting on phone and laptop

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Why would we do that against Rob? Maybe his fair, but simple SH fair beats almost all of ROB's ledge tricks.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I remember playing PoR in emulator and in my first mission the game glitched when I entered the house with Ike to get an iron sword and I got like 3-4 iron swords. lol.
IIRC there was a localization error or something. In my game Ike makes sure he's prepared and in Chapter 1 he comes with a full pack of Iron Swords.

I also use only iron weapons most of the time in FE because their low weight = higher attack speed. With that you most likely might be doing more damage with iron weapons cause of attacking twice than with steel weapons only attacking once.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I use iron lances and axes usually, but with swords i use mainly steel. Which now bit me in the *** because i wantes to get S rank sword for florina but no weapon shop for iron weapons (forgot to buy one in chap 24) and so i was forced to S rank lance on her :(

Oh well.. Regal blade was 9 wt anyways...

I love how str now determines AS drop from a weapon instead of con. It makes more sense! And lets me use more girls :D (Mia with silver blade being twice her size<3)

Though its a bit bothersome with mages, bexp lets us max mage's str :D

PoR and RD are perfect for stats as stat cap actually serves its purpose by being reached~

RD would have been so much better if they only just added more enemies in hard mode, and actually changed some around just to be more annoying...

Also all of Rob's offensive options are indeed covered by fair (as is a majority of the cast).. So thats why Anti-plank helps us little.. Just Marth really is it valuable to know how to do

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'll use reavers and target specific weapons...

But i need spammable weapons and steel/iron is cheap.

Gosh my HHM run has gotten so good thanks to how boss my Priscilla is! She's only level 20/9 and has 21 magic <3 and 21 speed <3 (22 skill and resist too) got her S in anima magic too :D
She + Guy rip through the enemy without getting hit~

Kent suuuucks :( he has 8 Ls for me -_-;;

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Why would we do that against Rob? Maybe his fair, but simple SH fair beats almost all of ROB's ledge tricks.
this, as an ex rob main, i can safely say you have to make a mistake for him to be able to safely get back onstage. his airspeed is shocking (air accel anyway) and his second jump is rather large. this means that dropping and then jumping back on doesnt get him far and its easy to see from a mile away. his standard getup options are horrible too XD
fair him all day. if he airdodges into ground then shield, its likely he will dsmash XD

Napos

Smash Ace
Us NM smashers had a tournament yesterday, I was doing fine against most characters, except for MK(what a shocker,right) anyways my main problem was getting gimped. How can I scare meta away?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I don't think there's any real way to scare away an MK when Ike's offstage. I normally use Dair, since it has a pretty long lasting hitbox beneath it if I miss the spike. Normally keeps MK at bay for a while, but it has it's limits, still. I fast-fall it depending on how high up I am, and conserve my second jump in case of anything.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Fair is the best, then an early aether after fastfall second. Sometimes it's safer to avoid contact and just QD back onstage (but charge it as little as possible)

Making sure MK doesn't reach you before aether's hitbox comes out, and making sure he can't quickly snap to the ledge easily are the hard parts.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
These are the downsides of Aether in a nutshell:

1) It does not start immediately (including the SA frames), the range is purely vertical with little left-right adjustments, and Ike cannot auto-grab the ledge unless he starts descending.

2) When recovering low, people quickly snap the ledge when aether is about to start and then they do a timed getup so that Ike cannot spike them and neither can he grab the ledge, thus ending up a stock less.

3) When recovering onstage, post-lag is enough for people to come back onstage and punish Ike or if they are on stage, simply shield and punish.

Honestly, unless the ledge side of the stage is clear, I don't really see Ike getting a sureshot guaranteed safe recovery at all. Especially against MK. But I guess its better than nothing. And neither are all people perfect in their outputs.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
try to time the aether so that the aether will cover the ledge, but you can also squeeze onstage in the case that they may grab the edge. best mk can do from there damage wise is a nair. which will send you across the stage. id rather take that then lose my stock

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
if your trying to get back to aether try and predict an attack and airdodge(there isn't much else to do, you can use Fair/Dair just make sure you aren't too low to recover afterward) If you are aethering just try and use it so that you can land on the stage if he gets the ledge just watch out for shuttle loop stage spike mid aether.. Landing on stage does allow MK a free grab or whatever he wants to hop on stage with but it gives you another chance to DI/escape so its better than dying lol

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Ooh, nice. Happy birthday to ya. I forgot that 18 is the legal drinking age in some states. (Yes, I said states. I know what I'm talking about.)

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Even in a pick-up with no air-conditioning under the hot blazing sun?

GP, you should know by now that I like to use invisible text. ;p Like this.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
After going to a lot of tournaments, me too Ussi.

Ryo got 2nd at a recent FL tourney, so good job to him.

Top Bottom