• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Eid Mubarak Ussi and bored,,, just came to college from prayer right now. I thought it'll be kinda cool wearing traditional clothes and going to classes and man how right I was. I'm getting so much more attention now lollz.

Edit: Just noticed Bored replaced his smuggy llama for DBZ, I thought it was kinda cool and (strangely enough) fitted his personality too.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
^ I used to do that all the time in highschool (going back to class after prayers) and what not. In all honesty, not much to be shy or embarrassed about. Just be yourself. With that being said...Slaps, I know you're proud of your Shaun White hair, but please cut it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Hey hey! That **** is so fun cause the map is tooo tiny. Grenades get so much kills, and its how i completed my
Multi kill grenade challenge for warlord pro

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Hate nuketown, the only place where skill does not matter and everyone goes nearly negative on their kdr, cept that one guy who gets the chopper gunner and thos campers not even trying for the obj. Makes them look oh so pro and like a real team with one guy having up to 10 caps and 7 defends where the rest are 1c-1d. <_<

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
nuketown its impossible to camp, REQUIRES teamwork or an impressive solo army to capture a flag without dying to a grenade/nova gas or being shot by 3 people, least on flag B. Its fun for me, i dont care for kill/death ratio since i'm terrible at that anyways. Plus why have a statistic decide? I do a lot of suicidea xD, i suicide drop nova gas so much.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Boring discussion of generic grey/brown FPS..

Anyways, favorite jab cancels?

Mine is 1-(1-2)-1-1-2-3
(1-2) is a combat walk string. Once they pop up slightly, depending if they have aerials (where I would shield), i would do an extra jab 1 after the combat walk then finish. It's fun to vary jabs depending on the character and environment.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well depends on the enemy...but normally I like 1, 1, finish assuming their DI is good.

Hm...I would like to know the list of enemies (assuming good DI) that it's just best to do jab combo straight up. I seem to have trouble with Lucario and Peach mains.

And yes...generic FPS is generic. Let me know when VR becomes a reality. See what I did thurrr?

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I always do 1->1-2-3 out of instinct, I would have to think about it to do more jabs. lol
Against floaty characters with fast frontal aerials, I would finish the whole jab combo. I think jab->shield aerial->grab would work as a mixup. (maybe)

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Well depends on the enemy...but normally I like 1, 1, finish assuming their DI is good.

Hm...I would like to know the list of enemies (assuming good DI) that it's just best to do jab combo straight up. I seem to have trouble with Lucario and Peach mains.

And yes...generic FPS is generic. Let me know when VR becomes a reality. See what I did thurrr?
By generic I mean boring. I don't inherently like FPS so I need something good/exciting. I got modern warfare 1 near launch and never even started the campaign, only for when friends came over.

Really, only quick invincible upBs make you have to do the full jab combo. But shielding also gives its own reward.

Sonic you should probably always finish, because there's not too much reward for shielding his upB in comparison to Marth.

Others with good aerials out of our jab cancel, mixing it up between full jab combo, jab1->jab1 cancels, and shielding is usually the best choice, even on MK sometimes. Most people take a few jab combos before trying to aerial. When you see a higher popup than usual, just expect it.

Characters you're not comfortable grabbing or jabbing OoS, just finish and use the shield as a rare mixup.

We should always try to make sure to be 100% focused during jabs to cover whatever the opponent's trying to do.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I go completely random, but I may have a pattern I don't know about.
This is only when I remember not to instinctively go 1>1-2-3. I notice that there are lots of times when I (and most Ikes) don't use jabs to full potential.

I'm probably going to start trying to use jab-Ftilt when people pop up to try and get a feel for when it's a good idea.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I always try for 1-1-2-3, with an extra 1 sometimes. I am now trying to attempt buffered bair every now and then and utilt. I remember hearing that floaty characters and those who can escape with upB we just go for the 1-2-3. Meh I need to play more.

Domination on Nuketown? Eww... On a regular TDM match I went 15:2 cause I was camping so **** hard on the second floor windows. Me and my bros do so well cause it's so **** small. We even spawned in front of the enemy. I only played it like 5 hours out of the 48 hour trial we were given cause we went to RIT for that weekend. Seriously, my brother's friends need to think before wantng to give us another one of those things.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I prefer long strings of 1s and 2s, especially if I can eat the character's second jump in the process. Then when they finally think I'm done, run up for a grab =D Especially fun against spacies.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
It seems like 1-1-2-3 is a popular Jab string, I use it most frequently too, although I'm starting now to just use Jab 1 repeatedly until I notice them starting to SDI and then try to react based on where they go. Similar to just pummeling someone over and over at high % if they're not trying to mash out. I like just using Jab 1 -> Utilt on floaties because I've had them SDI away from Jab 3, while Utilt always seems to hit.

I should maybe try using combat walking more often although my habit is to Utilt when they get high enough above me for a combat walk to work.

:248:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
1-1-2-3 is the one i do most cause i mess up my timing on my third attempt to jab cancel :x

Though i will do jab 1 repeatably till i learn their habits to get out of jab if I'm on a good day with my tech skill.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Love that intro: "WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB AND WE'RE HERE TO MAKE YOU THINK ABOUT DEATH AND GET SAD AND STUFF!!!"

Personally, I found this fight to be least interesting, but it does look good aesthetically. In the comic, they send out robots before actually fighting him in person. And in the game, whenever they do one of their twin attacks, it tends to knock me hard enough to KO them when I rebound of the walls into them.

Also: <3 Scott Pilgrim. Movie got me interested in the game and series.

EDIT: Since you reminded me bored: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hplUiMa7lRA :p

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Surprising as it is, I still think Ike's jab still has quite a few things left to explore.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Surprising as it is, I still think Ike's jab still has quite a few things left to explore.
i'n not sure, i think we've pretty much explored the boundaries of it
although i do wonder if its possible to go jab>nair, or maybe two jabs, because i find nair always puts the opponent in a good kill setup position.
although it may be too slow to work

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i go 1-1-2-3 pretty much all the time, if i happen to see the oponent being out of range of the second hit ill just hold A and let the auto-jab cancel shenanigans happen

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
man, sonic boards take social talk way above our level. they r like family over there. and i thought we social talk alot...

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I like doing 1-1-Fair if I think my opponent will spot dodge when I'm done the Jabs. Fair comes out in perfect time to punish a spot-dodge and if you retreat it, they can't really punish you for it. When I do that for the first time on someone they almost always either eat the Fair or run in to attempt to punish the Fair and eat more Jabs.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I like doing 1-1-Fair if I think my opponent will spot dodge when I'm done the Jabs. Fair comes out in perfect time to punish a spot-dodge and if you retreat it, they can't really punish you for it. When I do that for the first time on someone they almost always either eat the Fair or run in to attempt to punish the Fair and eat more Jabs.

this means a full-hop fair right?
also @anmist: we're pretty cold as a whole, the only other board ive been to that might be less comedic and soppy is the sheik boards, the r.o.b boards have practically given each other aids by now

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
this means a full-hop fair right?
Depends on the height of the character. Against Ganondorf or characters of similar height you could probably pull off a retreating full-hop Fair while they're standing; but for shorter characters, a retreating SHFF Fair would work fine, not much difference in how soon you can end it when you consider how much longer you're in the air for a full-hop, despite the fact that it auto-cancels.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Depends on the height of the character. Against Ganondorf or characters of similar height you could probably pull off a retreating full-hop Fair while they're standing; but for shorter characters, a retreating SHFF Fair would work fine, not much difference in how soon you can end it when you consider how much longer you're in the air for a full-hop, despite the fact that it auto-cancels.

fair enough, anyone look at shff nair out of jabs?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
man, sonic boards take social talk way above our level. they r like family over there. and i thought we social talk alot...
Lol, I'm part of the Pika boards so I know Ike boards are pretty serious when it comes to our "social thread". Its actually a general discussion with both Ike-related and non-Ike-related stuff.

I'd say we're the most active serious general discussion thread.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I think it's good that we don't have separate social and game discussion threads, really.

If you have an Ike question, ask it. If you have a Brawl question, ask it. Want to ask for advice from some SUPER SERIOUS dudes? Go ahead. Want some cornflakes? Ask for them.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
^ What he said.

I like the way we do things here; we can talk about whatever, but at the same time we touch on a lot more serious topics about our character than many other character boards.

Speaking of which, I need to get back to working on the guide. I really wish I had more time, but I could try setting some time aside every second day or so to just work on it.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm very serious in everything that I do.

Playing Rune Factory 3 for DS. It's pretty fun once you get far enough into the game to solve your money issues and build up a good partner.

So many games I'm getting hyped up for that I need to play. DKCR, Sonic Colors (wii), Golden Sun, 999 (DS adventure game hype!) and that's only for the next 2 or so weeks when I'm in thanksgiving break. There are probably more I forget too.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
When does Golden Sun come out?

Also, guide does need some work. Anyone wanna throw some ideas on what they want to see in the guide while Sharkie and I clean it up a bit.

Top Bottom