• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
G&W/Yoshi, wonder who that was, since afai recall, Dueler was teaming with a ZSS player. That could have been zudenka+overgamer, 2 swiss guys.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
because you were to busy reading kimi

I did my shopping today, Got home to realise i actually have no sweet things
I am DYING for some chocolate or something TT_TT

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i was bored so I went and looked to see how active our social was compared to the other boards. We have the 8th most posts.

Beaten by Lucario, Pikachu, Peach, ROB, Marth, Sonic, and Snake

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
-Doesn't post in the debate thread...becomes a debate member.-
Debating with your silence is a pro strat

Adding our old social which is 12.4k posts, we'd be ahead of ROB, Snake, and Sonic putting us at 5th, 2k posts behind Marth.

Lucario has 2 closed social threads so we'll never catch up to those furries.

Pikachu is reaching 60k (59k atm), Peach is 46k and Marth is 35.8k. Lucario i ain't gonna calculate

C.J.

Smash Master
Are there things/places you guys can't do/go to because you associate them with bad memories?

Examples aren't necessary at all. Just collecting data.
:phone:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Thankfully, I have not experienced anything that traumatic for me to feel that way about a place or event. So no, nothing like that.

C.J.

Smash Master
In all fairness, so far most people haven't needed it to be overly traumatic. One person doesn't go to a specific floor on a library because she had an embarrassing experience with someone who works on that floor, a favorite restaurant of an ex seems common, etc

In any event, thank you for your answer :)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Are there things/places you guys can't do/go to because you associate them with bad memories?

One, yes.

Ike/D3 doubles discussion is hilarious. Remeniscent Reflex/4GoD Wario/D3 that I had the misfortune to play against once. Just so much death (as long as you can keep your feet planted on the ground).

Teh Brettster

Smash Master

I will never again sell plasma, at least not for a company called BioLife. Decently traumatic experience there with blood loss and poor customer/patient care.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
nah, you can sell your plasma for money. its what you do when you really need some extra cache...well, It's what some people do, I need to get over my needle phobia first. my tetanus is like 3 years overdue now

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Shouldn't you just donate your blood? Or were you getting the $20 for having new doctors extract your blood?
I tried selling plasma before I ever knew about my iron problems, so I was not regularly donating blood by then.
Bad things happened; I'm never going back.

The good thing that came from that place was the knowledge of my high iron, which is why I now donate blood every ~8 weeks.

ALSO never going back to sell plasma because, for a whole blood donation, you cannot have given blood, platelets, OR plasma in the past 8 weeks.
I find selling part of your body wrong... Donating is fine but selling...
I don't find selling plasma wrong, really, but it DOES burn me up when people call it donating.
You are not donating. You are selling. There is a monstrous difference between those two words and you know it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Its possible to gather plasma without touching the blood cells or platelets? I always assumed you always had to give all 3 away when your blood was donated/sold.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
To give plasma alone, your blood goes through an apheresis machine that separates all the particles from the plasma. It keeps the plasma and returns your cells, etc into you. At the end of the whole process, you're also given a saline solution for the rehydration of your blood.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
i see, that sounds really.. risky.. I'd much rather take the blood out and not have it put back in me.
Yup. When you have it put back into you, you risk it not going to right place-- at least when the person who stuck you doesn't do a good job (or I guess if you move your arm). So the blood just kinda goes into your arm. Somewhere. And you don't use it. It just swells up your arm. So basically you experience a lot of blood loss and a bloated, painful arm.
It really sucks.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
To give plasma alone, your blood goes through an apheresis machine that separates all the particles from the plasma. It keeps the plasma and returns your cells, etc into you. At the end of the whole process, you're also given a saline solution for the rehydration of your blood.
and a cookie

I know the Hobo's that live at tesco (UK's answer to walmart) near me donate bodily fluids all the time because they get a full meal for it...although they really dont look like theyre in good enough shape to be donating anything XD

edit: just read the above
DO NOT WANT

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
i was genuinely confused for a little bit. untill i read a little further. for a minute there, i thought people cared about me XD

also tech chase, what happened to that doubles essay?
Its coming tonight.

I had 3 mid terms this week lmao. Today is my last one though. After class, I'll message you.

Top Bottom