• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
No epic birthday smashfest?

When it was Raziek's birthday here just a few weeks back we had a smashfest at his house and ended up playing flashlight tag for several hours and then walking to McDonald's at 4 in the morning... which was a good 10 miles away from where he lives in the middle of nowhere.

Raz gonna namesearch this shiz.

:034:

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
I feel like im the only one in my town that actually plays brawl competitively ._.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If today was the weekend it will be more epic, but I got tired of holding epic birthdays every year. Chillin is just as good. None of my non-smash friends wants to play smash with me anymore (it was like this since melee)

-RedX-

Smash Lord
None of my non-smash friends wants to play smash with me anymore (it was like this since melee)
Same thing for me. -.-
Do they play other fighters? If so, my friends are the same way. lol They're probably the only reason why I get into other fighters.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I know what you mean San. I'm so much better than my friends now, they don't even bother playing with me. I also think they got tired of the game though. That's what casual players do. In any case, some of my friends are obsessed over Brawl-. I play that casually, so it works well.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Red, I just got done with the "Battle at the Beach". It was crazy hard, but after spending 20 mid potions that battle, I won lol.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, i tried to introduce some xbox crazy friends to brawl, it was hard enough to get them to like the wii, you have no idea how hard it is to sandbag hard enough to make them feel okay

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Just use characters that you suck with. For me, that's Bowser or Peach. In Brawl-, I don't even main Ike, simply due to the fact I would own them. I take turns between Falcon, Ganon, Marth, and Mario. On top of that, I enjoy picking new characters as well.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I try that all the time with a small group here in town, Bored, but it's tough.
Even my Yoshi wrecks faces. :(

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
If you have the "infinite time on replay" code, you can always send the replays to me. I can upload them for you.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Red, I just got done with the "Battle at the Beach". It was crazy hard, but after spending 20 mid potions that battle, I won lol.
I retried about 4 times for that one. ;[
It's possible to lose that fight and if you do, the other team gets the Rogress. It'll be like that when you go Rogress hunting, but you don't really "fight" the other team.
Btw, when you fight Ignacy for the 1st time, don't bother trying to win. lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I take it Arc Rise Fantasia is a solid game, then?

Considering you two haven't quit yet, anyway.
For the most part, the VA is just plain bad. There are a few characters with solid voices, but that's just being in comparison to the others. It's your typical JRPG in terms of character personalities. Story starts out super cliche too, but after 15-20 hours in, you get some nice plot twists, which actually pushes the story forward.

I agree with Red, the battle system is pretty nice for a turn based game. It takes some concepts from other games, and mixes their own stuff in. Weapon customization is definitely fun and a must. I also enjoy how regular battles are fairly easily, but boss battles are super hard. Basically, easy to "grind", but you still have to go in prepared when fighting a boss.

Lip syncing voices are bad, there's really no point to buying "outfits", since you never see them on your character minus one skit (as in how you see characters talk about their outfits Tales of Symphonia style). Graphics are average for a Wii game. Also, the game seems to lack any solid character development. There are a lot of "WTF?!" in this game. One second the character is a normal person, and next thing you know, they have gone crazy lol.

Overall, I'd give it a 7/10. It's nothing mind blowing in terms of innovations, and the story starts out bad, but after 15 hours in, you get involved in the story.

Max113

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone help me with the Ike vs Yoshi and Ike vs Pikachu MUs please?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Can anyone help me with the Ike vs Pikachu MU please?

Use only nair, fair and jab. Uair only if kill off a platform, usmash should ONLY be used when pikachu is in the air or on a predictable QAC. Use bair if you get the chance however OoS bair doesn't work well if at all on pika's small frame. Instead work on turnaround jab OoS.

Do not get grabbed. Eat jolts until 30% if your on a flat stage. Space well and jab Pikachu until kill % (100%) before looking for an opening for the kill.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
That will be great! ^-^

But sadly, I don't have that either... :(
You could just send matches that are under 3 minutes? though they probably won't be as good.
Getting infinite replay shouldn't be that hard either, assuming your Wii isn't updated past some version. Just get the Homebrew channel, Gecko OS, and learn how to use Code Manager to make the GCT file. It's really similar to this, except instead of the texture code you just use the infinite replay code. Don't think I can get more specific than that, since it is probably against forum rules. :/

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Brett, assuming I don't find another partner, you want to team up? I wanna try my hand at something that's not Ike and Ike lol. Maybe find some interesting stuff.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
If you've ever played an Ace Attorney game, I recommend you check this nonsense out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu5tD41o99s

It's some weird ero-parody of Phoenix Wright (though this video is safe, of course) whose claim to fame is that the translation is so hideously bad it's funny. Best part is the courtroom battle at the 2 minute mark, but the whole thing is fairly humorous.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wow really? How did you make that into a gif or was that someone else?

Stark is total garbage. My Snake wouldn't even break 1000 skill points on the AiB ladder.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I still laugh cause you rolled back into him to be grabbed.

and I noticed when the gif played slow for me you both tried to grab at the same time o-o

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Meh, when I play in laggy matches, I just don't do well. I guess I kinda panic and mash in hopes of beating somebody to the punch. No point in reading an opponent when the input delay is already hurting you.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah it depends on how much input delay there is. If it's not too bad I have no trouble at all with inputs and baiting/punishing, but if the delay gets ridiculous I end up rolling when I just tried to dash, empty jumping when I tried to Jab, Eruption when I tried to Fair... complete nonsense like that. When it gets like that I basically move as little as possible and just mash A with no control stick inputs when they approach.

:034:

Top Bottom