• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Meh, tried one last shot at getting the car for a lonesome drive to Huntsville for an offline this week. After much negotiations, I still failed...... So I get stuck for the 4th weekend with two brats that I wanted to get away from, and end up being the damn lap-dog once more.

*goes back to nolifing training modo*

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
I guess thats true..

Are they gonna demand their music or something?
More or less, not to mention have the base set to a setting that only a damn hoodlum can get their jollies off to. Ears are pretty sensitive even for this age of mine, and having to hear the base at a max for most the trip is just going to give me more or less bleeding ears.

Not to mention I do not trust the way they drive, what with a revoked license and prior drug charges. I'd rather have the only person whom has been clean for most their life behind that wheel without texting people or doing a million and one things behind the wheel. Which of course would be me.

Don't trust my family as far as I can throw them sometimes under certain situations, and this would be one of them.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
That's like the 400th time I've seen that dumb game. Gah.

san, if you're not going to CoT5, Smash this weekend? I'm gonna need some serious practice for /hope if I want top 3. =) And you should come with me D:<

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
That's like the 400th time I've seen that dumb game. Gah.

san, if you're not going to CoT5, Smash this weekend? I'm gonna need some serious practice for /hope if I want top 3. =) And you should come with me D:<
No, I'm probably not. Don't know if any Canadians are going, but last time I asked if I could join them I got a no.

Sure thing, confused on the come with you part.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If it's some kind of summer tourney, I could think about it. We can talk about it tomorrow.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
"oddkaizar your have a ****ty wifi and watch and you look like ganondorf pissfarted himslef"

Gotta love when ppl rage on wifi.
during my half year period of pure wifi...i saw that a lot XD
why does wifi do this to people? i get this when playing street fighter too :(

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I guess a lot of people figure they might as well rage anonymously online, since it doesn't really hurt your rep to rage in front of people who have no idea who you are/will never see you again. A lot of people are very different gamers online and in person.

:248:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I can't be angry for no reason, and my competitive mindset does not find anything cheap. I just call it playing to win :x

Like in cod, the ghost perk is like using MK, nothing else in the perk slot is as strong as hiding yourself off the radar.

Then you have the "noobtube" which is countered by flak jacket. This is more prevelant in objective type game modes (domination, demolition) its pretty frowned upon because of how "little" skill it uses (like Snake's tilts but thats not frowned upon besides the damn clutch utilt) but has its disadvantages.

In the end i just don't like black ops and decide not to play multiplayer, instead of *****ing about it or trying to get better (i'm not a first person shooter guy)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Lol when I played MW2 I always used the Cold Blooded and Ninja perks along with silencers on all my weapons. Being completely invisible at all times definitely had it's advantages and it also definitely pissed people off. I could literally stand in the crook of a building behind a bush or something and pick people off as I saw their names and they sometimes wouldn't find me for the whole match. I also only played Hardcore so no kill cam.

I'm honestly surprised more people didn't use those perks online, I only noticed like 1 or 2 other people per match using them.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
In MW2, you had to give up stopping power (stronger bullet damage, considered best perk) for cold blooded. Though i guess your set up
Works better for hardcore

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i got bored after WAW. juggernaught and dp-28 with maryrdom
im fairly sure i lost some irl 'friends' with that. but the disc-gun was too good

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
I guess a lot of people figure they might as well rage anonymously online, since it doesn't really hurt your rep to rage in front of people who have no idea who you are/will never see you again. A lot of people are very different gamers online and in person.

Be funny I bet if I said this loud mouth with a twisted laugh over a mic is actually a nervous wrecking ball when in person.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Be funny I bet if I said this loud mouth with a twisted laugh over a mic is actually a nervous wrecking ball when in person.
not referring to yourself are you?
in person im overly hyperactive when playing bral or sumtin...online im timid as hell
actually, im fairly quiet and peaceful at all times unless im playing brawl in person. odd xD

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Lol when I played MW2 I always used the Cold Blooded and Ninja perks along with silencers on all my weapons. Being completely invisible at all times definitely had it's advantages and it also definitely pissed people off. I could literally stand in the crook of a building behind a bush or something and pick people off as I saw their names and they sometimes wouldn't find me for the whole match. I also only played Hardcore so no kill cam.

I'm honestly surprised more people didn't use those perks online, I only noticed like 1 or 2 other people per match using them.

Funny thing Nys I have this set up on CoD4 and I actually named it "Piss You Off". I rarely use it except in Hardcore matches on MW2. I use a sniper rifle with a silencer and just stay far away as possible while still being able to take shots. One setup I had was a Barett with heartbeat, Cold-Blooded, and Ninja (I forgot what my first perk was, probably Marathon). First few minutes in a match on Underpass I die 3 times. After that I stayed in the grassiest part of the map and never died again.

And yeah I rage online too. But for Brawl I rage at my own lack of skill. Keep falling for the same stuff more than half the time,

theeboredone

Smash Legend
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/billybeegood

For anyone who wants to drop by, we're streaming a smashfest at my house in that link. It's live right now but there probably won't be any smash going on for an hour-ish. So you'll probably just hear us talking for now, lol.

I look forward to the discussions involving the Vancouver riot, Postal Strikes, and the use of words like "Eh?" and "Aboot"

Top Bottom