• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
So it is conspiracy day (on this radio show that is playing at my work).. anyone got any conspiracies to share?
a conspiracy?
okay then, hers one that my teacher said to me and i feel its pretty legit

the moon landings were fake. in 1957, the space shuttle that america launched did not even leave the ground before exploding spectacularly, it was not suited to travel 3 foot in the air, let alone to an different lump of rock in the solar system.
we are led to believe that 2 years after this madd failure, america managed to create a working, flying space ship which could then land on on the moon, AND had enough fuel to come back, and didnt break up in the atmosphere at it came back, i find that pretty unrealistic.
also, during the moon landings, the cold war was beginning to hit crisis point with russia and america competing in everythigng possible, and having nukes pointed at each other and the rest of the world as collateral.
i believe that the race to land on the moon was one that america thought would stop the nuclear race from boiling over and just turn into simmering, so to speak.
i reckon that in those two years of intense space travel work, that they got to space, where the ship malfunctioned. from there, they panicked, thinknig if russia beat them to the moon the might as well surrender to them (american pride, it cracks me up sometimes) so they threw together a low quality recording from a detailed hollywood set of some kind
for example, if neil armstrong was the first man on the moon, why was the camera set up OUTSIDE the spaceship?
and then why did-after such an amazing feat-neil armstrong then go on to quit being an astronaught soon afterwards and practically disspear off the face of the earth?

thats mine conspiracy anyway, theres probably a nice few gaps in it XD

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
.. so apparently some people believe because there was an unknown cause to the death of 5000 some black birds in Arkansas.. that the government is doing a test to test a bomb that will only kill black people.....

yea... -_-
the white man is always after me

So it is conspiracy day (on this radio show that is playing at my work).. anyone got any conspiracies to share?
apparently theres a conspiracy that the presidents are actually shapeshifters a part of the illuminati seeking to destroy the world using america.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
basically if you say you're signing up in the thread you're signed up
its his first tournament he's running
second he's ever been to >_>
but yah, free pizza!(i think)
go sen, i'll pay for you if thats what it takes

Well, with the amount of people so far... it does seem like some easy winnings. I'll wait until after my driving across the state of Bama and back for a decision however.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
a conspiracy?
okay then, hers one that my teacher said to me and i feel its pretty legit

the moon landings were fake. in 1957, the space shuttle that america launched did not even leave the ground before exploding spectacularly, it was not suited to travel 3 foot in the air, let alone to an different lump of rock in the solar system.
we are led to believe that 2 years after this madd failure, america managed to create a working, flying space ship which could then land on on the moon, AND had enough fuel to come back, and didnt break up in the atmosphere at it came back, i find that pretty unrealistic.
also, during the moon landings, the cold war was beginning to hit crisis point with russia and america competing in everythigng possible, and having nukes pointed at each other and the rest of the world as collateral.
i believe that the race to land on the moon was one that america thought would stop the nuclear race from boiling over and just turn into simmering, so to speak.
i reckon that in those two years of intense space travel work, that they got to space, where the ship malfunctioned. from there, they panicked, thinknig if russia beat them to the moon the might as well surrender to them (american pride, it cracks me up sometimes) so they threw together a low quality recording from a detailed hollywood set of some kind
for example, if neil armstrong was the first man on the moon, why was the camera set up OUTSIDE the spaceship?
and then why did-after such an amazing feat-neil armstrong then go on to quit being an astronaught soon afterwards and practically disspear off the face of the earth?

thats mine conspiracy anyway, theres probably a nice few gaps in it XD
Mythbusters proved the moon landing was fo realz.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Installing VN/games sucks

and i suck at it

i suck at sucking '-' i can't help it
/off-topic
Thing is, Ussi and I are playing things that are officially translated so there's little to no problem. Most of the time, the solution to the problem with installing and playing Japanese games is as simple as changing your regional language to Japanese. Google "how to play Japanese games" I think that's what I did for info. Oh and if you have .mdf or .mds files, you might want to download something like Daemon Tools.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Stop lagging mah interwebs with your crappy moving sigs! :mad088:

Also:

i suck at sucking '-' i can't help it
That's what he said.

And anyone who still believes that the moon landings were fake are either commies still in denial, or brain dead and ignorant. You can send a laser to the moon, bounce it off of a mirror up there, and have it come back to you.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
ayi japanese coding made all my touhou songs have japanese kanji instead of -(--!!?????! So now i'm learning the name of music i listen too all over again ~_~; i should just find an english name for all my touhou music..

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Stop lagging mah interwebs with your crappy moving sigs! :mad088:

Also:

That's what he said.

And anyone who still believes that the moon landings were fake are either commies still in denial, or brain dead and ignorant. You can send a laser to the moon, bounce it off of a mirror up there, and have it come back to you.
Yep, that's what they did in Mythbusters. Though I guess an argument could be they placed a reflector there sometime later -shrugs-. Only thing that annoys me is how they can't even get a shuttle to fly off these days.

It's true though. Piccolo blew up the moon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7a-Vf8CFo4

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well it worth worth typing it up for the nice amount of reactions

although they really did make some extreme progress with getting the spaceship working, in 3 years going from not leaving the ground to going to the mono and back. those nasa ****ers should run america XD

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
ayi japanese coding made all my touhou songs have japanese kanji instead of -(--!!?????! So now i'm learning the name of music i listen too all over again ~_~; i should just find an english name for all my touhou music..

Better off usin your ears, than your eyes. Same issue but don't find any issue with it at all.
Also blu, check yer inbox for an alternate method. Reinstalling both FSN and FHA for a VN marathon Starting Feb1, goal is to 100% a VN a day XD. So just lt me know the error you get or what boxes you are unsure to be clicking on for installation so I can walk ya through it a bit easier

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
If you want the songs for yourself.. majority of them can't be found outside of a dead torrent
Prolly wont need them, looking at over nearly 800+gigs atm in touhou music, but in my spare time have went down the list working out various English translation .cue sheet to use when adding to foobar then convert to mp3 or whatever other format I need.

yes I am saying I have lossless collection v9 and am working on C79 collections atm still

Prolly should admit to having no life now for music XD

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Sorry if it's a newbie question, but how can I play properly on Rainbow Cruise to win there with Ike? It's the only stage I've currently had major problems dealing with, but I keep losing to the lack of grabbable ledges.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, you're gonna struggle if you're playing an MK or G&W main. Can't think at the moment of any other chars that are good there, but with that being said, it's just practice. The ship is your first place to do plenty of damage. Afterwards, you need to become more defensive until you get off the pendulum. And remember, you have an infinite wall grab at the end which is a free kill for you.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
play normally on boat and after pendulum

Rising up part: camp a good position even if you don't have the lead. Its like PS1 and jumping over the rock/dead tree

RC will fully circle 4 times before a time out too.

Know when the platforms appear and disappear, its consistent on when it happens.

the top is a walk off .. so be careful of blast zone camping

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
So for the first time in about a year, I have ONE clip worthy of adding to a "combo" vid.

@Bored-- my clip ^ was on ALSM. I played him on Monday and he's gotten harder to hit/read. I think he's gotta be one of the best as far as Link goes. He got 9th at Oh Snap too.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So for the first time in about a year, I have ONE clip worthy of adding to a "combo" vid.

@Bored-- my clip ^ was on ALSM. I played him on Monday and he's gotten harder to hit/read. I think he's gotta be one of the best as far as Link goes. He got 9th at Oh Snap too.
Yeah, he was definitely better when I played him last time. Wouldn't be surprised if he kept on improving.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
so guys,,, how's the new semester coming along? Came back from my field trip like 5 days ago and realized my class registration had been open for a while, which has forced me to crash 2 of my imp. classes.

btw, I had a chance of playing brawl quiet a couple of time coming back. I just wanna know you ppls opinion on this: Is aerial eruption safe against light weights? I have done that so many time against jiggly and the dude couldn't punish me cause he had to space far to stay safe.

And... if we are making a combo vid, can I have my piece in it too where I spiked Marth on his recovery?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Why would you do an aerial eruption in the first place when you're better off doing a n-air or up-air? The cool down on time on eruption is ridiculous, and they should be able to punish you if you whiff it.

We're never gonna make another montage. We always talk about one, and it never happens.

Top Bottom