• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol, he didnt say he was supporting them, he just said he thought they would win, not uite the same

im on baltimore simply because it always makes me laugh when a teams defense scores more than their attack

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
awesome, hopefulle there a higher attendance this time
also, referring back to our conversation on the sunday sharkie, what happened to new england winning the superbowl liek you said they would :p
Bah, this should have been their year again and the defense did a decent job in that game (albeit with a few major screw-ups), but the offense just seemed like it had fallen apart. Nobody could get open and when they did they often dropped Brady's passes, and then every trick they tried went wrong... like that fourth down conversion attempt on a fake punt, if you were watching... it went pretty wrong.

Nys is just a bandwagoner, rooting for that "champion" certified team.
I've been a Pats fan basically since I was born, lol. My mom and dad were Patriots fans long before I came around. I never used to follow football much until a few years ago but my options were basically to be a Patriots fan or have my entire household against me.

As of right now I would say Green Bay is most likely to win the Superbowl... but after seeing the Jets knock off the Pats and the Seahawks beat the Saints, anything can freaking happen.

:248:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
thats a pretty boss interview, but someone tell him that the sugar sohuld have ended the same time as the game did Xd
can i get a link to the ron artest interview?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Neither of them answered the questions given, but Ron is just ridiculous for...

the first people he thank is the people from the hood
thanks his psychiatrist
promotes his song LOL

His press game is even dumber. 8 minutes of him not answering a single question.

Yamato Hong

Smash Apprentice
Me sorry about missing the last bi-weekly, guys... :(

An unexpected virus had to attack my comp. over the weekend. :(
Me going to be ready for this next one, though! ^-^

EDIT: Nevermind. ^-^ Me just noticed the postponement.

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
Alright, thanks. I see that you added me to that list. Well I'm known as Ryoma everywhere else, just telling people now so when you see that name on the Xat screen, it's me.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'll see if I can find a cheap one through craigslist for now. Only reason I had this one in the first place was because, when we signed up for FIOS at home, they gave us a new router.

I can always connect to my neighbor's router, since we're good friends. That may just be a bad idea though, given how at any time, one of them could be torrenting or streaming vids.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah, I always have to make sure no one else in my house is even on the other computer when I'm doing the bi-weeklies. I don't trust them at all and one YouTube video loading means quadruple the lag. It's up to you though, you can always try it out and if your connection through their network is too laggy just call it a day.

Playoffs on today anyways, I'll be half watching during the bi-weekly.

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
I'd watch the playoffs, but now that the Pats and Eagles are out, screw it. I'll watch the Super Bowl though.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'd watch the playoffs, but now that the Pats and Eagles are out, screw it. I'll watch the Super Bowl though.
My thoughts almost exactly, I liked the Eagles this season. I'll still watch for the sake of watching football though, and I'd kind of like for Green Bay to win it now.

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
Either the Bears or Packers. If either one wins, I'll be happy. I hate the Jets and the Steelers even more.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
my sister got a new laptop so that makes 3 laptops and 4 iphones on this connection x.x

I might just pass on this lag experience =_=;;

Heartstring

Smash Legend
my sister got a new laptop so that makes 3 laptops and 4 iphones on this connection x.x

I might just pass on this lag experience =_=;;
oh? lol i may need to remove a few on ours then
we have a total of 16 different things (including the wii) feeding off our wireless router/modem

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Good games today everyone, it was a decent turnout although I'd hoped it would be a bit better. All stats have been updated in the OP and PR discussion will commence shortly.

In the interest of maybe mixing things up a bit I'm going to create a poll for the thread again, so be ready for that maybe sometime later tonight or tomorrow. It will have to do with the idea of a secondary character tournament, possibly recurring. The poll will not be anonymous, so your choice will be visible to everyone. Not a big deal but I thought I'd give you all a heads up. This is so I can give more weight to votes by players who regularly attend the bi-weeklies.

Also, on a kind of unrelated note, my Wii broke during friendlies and cannot read discs anymore. Does anyone have steps for setting up so I can run Brawl through my SD card? I could go fishing through the forum but I'd rather not if one of you guys knows how.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
okay guys, i wont be making the next one most likely, as its probable that i will be in london still (i'll let you know how that tournament works out, going to be mainly ike for this tournament)
but on another note, i said to sentilen about it and got a positive reply, so i'm going to organise the wierd stages tournament in the ike chat next weekend, same time as usual. it obviously wont count towards the main PR, but ill make a janky stages PR regardless ^.^

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Okay, the poll is up regarding the secondary character bi-weeklies. If we go through with this, from now on 3 of the 6 bi-weeklies each season will be secondary characters only, and the other 3 will be Ike only. I may come up with a ridiculous way to mix the two for the PR tourney, which would make it even more interesting.

I have cast my vote, and remember that voting is public.

Edit: Also, the OP has been updated with the new PRs.

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
I'm the first to vote for no. If you want a tournament that has nothing to do with Ike, then make a separate tournament on Allisbrawl that has nothing to do with the bi-weeklies. My reason being because the bi-weeklies are good for wifi Ike growth if you're into that and because well...this is the Ike boards.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'm the first to vote for no. If you want a tournament that has nothing to do with Ike, then make a separate tournament on Allisbrawl that has nothing to do with the bi-weeklies. My reason being because the bi-weeklies are good for wifi Ike growth if you're into that and because well...this is the Ike boards.
Fair enough, but it would still be alternating with Ike only tourneys. And it would still be only Ike mains allowed to enter, so it wouldn't be like some WiFi MK main could just waltz in for kicks... although some Ike mains may secondary MK on WiFi for kicks... San.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm just going to say no, because half of the season being dedicated to secondaries seems a bit extreme. 2/6 would be more tolerable. At the end of the day, while these bi-weeklies are designed for fun, it's meant for Ike mains, who use Ike in tournaments.

The only way I can see about improving our Ike vs "x" match up would be to either talk to another character boards, or have a weekly or two where we can only use Ike once in a set. That way, we still get an Ike v "x" mu (although that might not be the best way to improve), and we work on our secondaries.

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
Actually, Bored's post gave me an idea. We should get crews of Ikes from this board and ask another character board to get crews of said character and have the Ikes vs (Insert char here) crew battles.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
We once tried that in the beginning with Snake, after everyone had agreed to it. Didn't really go so well. We can always try another character board, or I hate to say this, arrange something through AiB.

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
What if we tried it with a character closer to our tier? Like Shiek or Wolf. Or if we tried a 50-50 matchup with Ike character.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
2/6 could work too, that part is really up for discussion because 3/3 is just the first thing that came to me. And mixing it up in sets was sort of my idea for the PR tourney, but it may work for the bi-weeklies too...

How about this:

- First match of any set played is an Ike ditto by rule.
- The winner of match 1 must change to a secondary character.
- The loser of match 1 can choose to remain as Ike or switch to a secondary character.
- If the loser of match 1 wins match 2, they must play as a secondary character for match 3 and the loser can play as Ike or a secondary character.
- Optional rule: You cannot play as the same secondary character twice in a set.

It seems like a lot but it'd actually be pretty simple. Here are some example sets:

Match 1: :ike: (Nysyarc) vs :ike: (Nyke) on Battlefield Nysyarc wins!
Match 2: :dk2: (Nysyarc) vs :ike: (Nyke) on Delfino Nyke wins!
Match 3: :ike: (Nysyarc) vs :ganondorf: (Nyke) on Frigate Orpheon Nysyarc wins!

Example number two with optional rule:

Match 1: :ike: (Nysyarc) vs :ike: (Nyke) on Final Destination
lol, as if
Nyke wins!
Match 2: :dk2: (Nysyarc) vs :ganondorf: (Nyke) on Norfair Nysyarc wins!
Match 3: :falcon: (Nysyarc) vs :falco: (Nyke) on Smashville Nyke wins!

Discuss.

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
In theory that sounds good. We could try it out once and see how it works out.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Only problem I would have is people knowing about it. I remember when we would often change the stage list or strike system, people would have no idea what it was lol.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah, I'd have to be sure to make it well known to everyone participating. Maybe send a PM to everyone who has signed up explaining how it'll work?

I kinda feel like the poll is useless now because I'm starting to really like this new idea, lol.

Top Bottom