• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Appreciation Thread.

thekid4life

Smash Rookie
I think ike is going to be a good character to play wit def between hes moves and final smash he is going to be mad cool def and last and final wo0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o!!!!!!!!!!! IKE U THE MAN WO0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o!!!!!!!! =)

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
we really need some ike avatars...
but man, i can't wait to play as ike, that will be like the first thing i do when i get Brawl.
he's gonna be so fun to play especially that killer final smash!

Torchik

Smash Ace
Agreed! After seeing all of these other characters, though...Ike might be one of MANY mains. I love Pokemon Trainer and Meta Knight seems interesting. Ike will always hold his place in my heart, though. I love Ike 100x times more than all of the other characters. ^_^

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
I don't know.. you name isn't Ike's Biggest Fan like that one guy that popped up in the Ike threads.

Please Don't hurt me. I like Ike too. He will be my main..... followed by MK, Pit, and maybe Pokemon Trainer... for the ones that we know... But Ike is first

Torchik

Smash Ace
................>____________>' Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I DON'T THINK SO!!!! I'M IKE'S BIGGEST FAN!!!!! I'M THE ONE WHO MADE THIS THREAD!!!

*Takes out sword and prepares to slice off Fire Wulf's head* Now...WHO is Ike's biggest fan?! >___>"

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
You are ...You Y-Y-You are Mr. Torchik sir.

Just cuz your his biggest fan doesn't mean that you are the best player with him

*takes out some teleporting powder received from the Black Knight and vanishes*

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
True, true. I like him most, though. *holds up sword and shield, ready to fight other fanboys to the death*
IKE IS MIIINE! Bwahahaha, I like him the most!!!! >_______> ^_^
well it's awesome that you made this thread but what's with the shield?
all i have is a big *** sword. *holds up big *** sword* ike's too awesome to use a shield.
shields are for pansies and... little boys who hang out with FARIES.
so yeah... if you love ike, you've got to let the shield go.

Ike's Biggest Fan

Smash Apprentice
Following Ike's travels through Tellius and beyond
is that so? id love to point out that i would've made this thread if i would've found smashboards sooner. yeah! little test there Torchik, off the top of your head, without looking it up, AND NO CHEATSIES, who played ike's voice in path of radiance? HMMMMMMMM? ANNND why is your name a Pokemon instead of someting ike-related? yeah. i do believe my name holds strong.

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
...I HATE LINK!!!! DESTROY HIM!!!! *Incinerates shield + buys huge sword* *twitch* Hehehehehehe, NOW I'm the true Ike lover!!! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! ^_^
good job getting rid of the shield. (though i didn't have it in the first place so blah!)
idk, i don't feel like arguing that i'm a bigger ike lover cuz i don't think it will get me anywhere, so i'll settle for 2nd place ^_^ or third place if Ike's Biggest Fan wants to fight you for first.
(not to offend anyone in the ike thread, but i kinda like Soren a bit more anyway)
i still love ike though, he's the bomb and doesn't need fairies to tell him what to do, unlike some people...
yeah ike's a leader, not a fairy follower.

Fugitive Panda

Smash Rookie
Hello, new guy here to add to the Ike fans.

Ike is without a doubt my favorite FE character, and FE is my favorite series currently represented in Brawl, so it's kind of a no-brainer that I'll be maining him exclusively. Ike's made this game for me so far, in all honesty I wasn't all that pumped for Brawl until Ike was revealed, where I literally started dancing.

I'm really looking forward to using him, he looks to be very unique, I'm glad they made him super-powered and slow, because God knows we don't need another Marth clone.

Although I really wish he had his Lord outfit.

In conclusion, unless Micaiah gets in, I'll be using Ike exclusively. I'll drop him for Micaiah though, if only because with all the hate she gets I figure she should have someone on her side, and that the Dawn Brigade is way cooler than the Greil merc company save Ike.

And while you're on the topic of RD, am I the only one who thought Ike's chapters were really boring? I mean, I love Ike, but the Greil mercs were too strong, I don't want to be able to just throw Ike out into the middle of the battle and wait until everyone dies, I want strategy. Micaiah's chapters were way more fun, especially 3-13, where I had Aran OHKO Ike with Impale.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^Try that on hard mode (AKA Maniac mode in NA). Even the Greil Mercs have a hard time there. Personally I liked Ike's chapters, especially when I fought the dawn brigade (who I made a challenge for me by training them all to third tier.) It took forever for me to beat part 3 final (Zihark had a maxed steel sword with a +10 crit bonus. His skills were Resolve, Adept, and Astra. That sucked).

Torchik

Smash Ace
You like the Greil Mercs less than the Dawn Brigade?! I love EVERYONE in the Griel Mercs and I only like Micaiah, Sothe, and Laura in the Dawn Brigade. I love Ike (of course! *sigh* I wish he was real...I would do anything! ^_^), Mist, Mia, Titania, Rolf, Oscar, Lethe and pretty much all the laguz, and Rhys! I like Shinon, Boyd, and Soren. (Yeah, I know they're not ALL part of the Mercs, but they're sided with them.) You can see that I like Ike's team MUCH better. (Also love Elincia! ^_^)

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
yeah man, Griel Mercs FTW! what would Tellius be without them?
i don't want to imagine...
you know who i wish was real... Nephenee... *sigh* haha. she was uber powerful when i played PoR.
hmmm... lethe too. MEEEOW! :chuckle: haha PoR had the best characters of any game i ever played... Man Volke... he was one bada-- dude and Soren was wicked cool (even in his purple sage outfit...)

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
It was kinda cool how Soren got custom outfits in both games (including a custom Archsage outfit.) Kinda cool how he was the best sage in both games, too.

Fugitive Panda

Smash Rookie
Ike, Mist, Soren & Shinon were the only mercs I actually liked. The rest were either annoyingly plain or just plain annoying. Although I did like the brothers a little more after their info scene with their mother. I'll still never use them though. Boyd just sucks with awful starting stats, Oscar a Paladin, a class that's becoming increasingly useless in the series, and I don't even know why they give you Rolf when you get Shinon, an infinitely better unit at the exact same time.

I mean, I played an entire game with the Greil group already, I'd like some time with the new characters, but the Dawn Brigade didn't get much screentime because Ike had to steal the show. Plus they nerfed supports so that you couldn't actually get any background on the DB. And they had so much promise.

Oh well, I always use them over any other unit anyway. This playthrough Micaiah, Leonardo and Aran maxed all their stats, and Edward was just 1-2 away in MAG and RES to join them.

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
I mean, I played an entire game with the Greil group already, I'd like some time with the new characters, but the Dawn Brigade didn't get much screentime because Ike had to steal the show.
of course ike had to steal the show. IKE IS THE F'ING MAN!!!!
you talk too much of other people... and that dawn brigade... psh
griel merc wannabees. that's what they are.
let's stick to ike appreciation shall we?

Torchik

Smash Ace
Haha, agreed Shrimp! Just kidding, Panda, you're entitled to your opinion.

*goes to Ike shrine* Don't listen to him...you know that YOU'RE the best...^_______^ *stabs picture of Dawn Brigade* >_>

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
haha... ok, i must say Torchik is what makes this thread fun,
with his somewhat more than obsessive love over ike...
haha wait... you know how there's that thread about Ike being gay?
well what about Sothe? seriously... idk what's with him? does just like showing off his abs, could he not afford any new clothes since he was a child in PoR (come on, he's a theif, he should be able to get all he wants) or is he the gay one?

Torchik

Smash Ace
What obsession? *twitch* >_>

Oh my gosh, for serious!! Sothe is creepy!! Jeez, he definetely needs some new clothes! Even when he gets a class up in RD and his outfit changes, it doesn't change to fit him. Sothe is cool, though. He defends Micaiah, who I like. Of course, he's not cooler than Ike! Not even close.

*looks at stabbed picture of Dawn Brigade and incinerates it* Hehehehehe... *bows down to Ike* Mine...>_>

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
did you even use sothe at all in PoR? i didn't...
i tried using Iliana and she was pretty good but then i realized that soon i'd meet Calill and she'd already be a lot stronger than iliana (and already a sage) by the time Iliana got any good...
but soren was top notch ohhh yeah.
my favs. from PoR are Soren, Volke, Nephenee, Zihark, and Rolf (once he became a sniper)
and that one swordsman with the blue hair... i can't remember his name though...
haha jk, ike's the coolest. you think they'll include his Lord outfit in Brawl kinda like how they have 2 costumes for Wario?
they should...

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
haha... ok, i must say Torchik is what makes this thread fun,
with his somewhat more than obsessive love over ike...
haha wait... you know how there's that thread about Ike being gay?
well what about Sothe? seriously... idk what's with him? does just like showing off his abs, could he not afford any new clothes since he was a child in PoR (come on, he's a theif, he should be able to get all he wants) or is he the gay one?
Don't Micaiah and Sothe get married?

Ike's Biggest Fan

Smash Apprentice
Don't Micaiah and Sothe get married?
only if they get an A support during the game. and c'mon, the Dawn Brigade? *blech* they were all so weak. Micaiah was a slow, worthless unit who couldnt strike twice to save her life. Shothe was kinda gay-lookin in his absurdley tight outfit. Ike was clearly the best designed unit in Radiant Dawn. but did anyone else notice that it seemed like waaaay more than just a 3 year gap between PoR and RD?
look at this

then

How can that possibly be only 3 years?

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Ike is clearly following in his late father's step in that RD art of him.

- He's wearing his dad's shoulder armor

- HIS OWN FACE can remind you of his dad, it looks pretty similar

- Even Ike's map unit sprite is the same of Greil's when he's wielding an axe.

Although Ike is not as interesting in RD, he's still pretty awesome, IMO

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I like Ike. He's my 3rd favorite lord type character after Micaiah and Lyndis. I'm going to give him a shot in Brawl even though I have a disdain for using slow (attack-wise) characters.

How can that possibly be only 3 years?
By doing mercenary work /training consistently. I'd be surprised if Ike didn't look like that; if he looked scrawnier I'd think he'd got lazy.

:/ One of the main things I dislike about Ike in RD is how he looking during his 3rd Tier class. He just looks ugly.

Fugitive Panda

Smash Rookie
only if they get an A support during the game. and c'mon, the Dawn Brigade? *blech* they were all so weak. Micaiah was a slow, worthless unit who couldnt strike twice to save her life.
Obviously, you don't know how to play the game right. It's ridiculously easy to make any unit godly.

While I'll agree Ike was without a doubt the best character in PoR & RD, this seems less like an appreciation topic and more a "Waiiii! Aiku-chan kawaii desu ne!" fest.

Methinks I'll stay away from here. Irritating fanbase already ruined Tales of Symphonia and any decent Final Fantasy for me. Wouldn't want that to happen to Ike.

Torchik

Smash Ace
...Yes, it's the IKE appreciation thread, not the DAWN BRIGADE appreciation thread. You shouldn't expect anything less than rabid Ike fanboys. We all like Ike the best, that's why we're in this thread. You obviously don't, so get out. ^_^

Anyway, back to being nice. At first I was like, "Ew, RD Ike is weird!!" but then throughout the game he started to grow on me. I think it's only the position that he's standing in that one pic that makes me not like his appearence. He looks waaaaaaay to adult. But if he's facing the front, he's awesome!! I still like PoR Ike the best, though. I wanna see what he looked like in between the time shift. I think I would like that Ike the best. Not too skinny, but not too buff. And he would also have more brains than he did in PoR... ^___^

Fugitive Panda

Smash Rookie
...Yes, it's the IKE appreciation thread, not the DAWN BRIGADE appreciation thread.
I'm aware of that, and I'm not trying to talk about the Dawn Brigade, but I just get really annoyed when people bad-mouth them, since if they turn out bad, it's usually because they can't use BEXP right.

You shouldn't expect anything less than rabid Ike fanboys.
Less? I was expecting more. Blind fanboyism is hardly a proud way to act. You'll end up driving people away from Ike, and I think he deserves better than that.

Granted, since Ike's probably the least talked about newcomer, any attention is good attention. Everyone needs at least one obsessive fan. Now, legions of blind Fox fanboys, that's a scary thing. Also...

We all like Ike the best, that's why we're in this thread. You obviously don't, so get out. ^_^
Please, don't ever question my Ike fandom again. Like, ever? Thank you.

Anyway, enough of that. Who else found RD Ike awesome? In PoR, sure he was still awesome, but he looked like your normal blue-haired, cape-wearing, sword-wielding FE Lord. The only thing that made him unique was that he wasn't actually nobility - and that he was actually smart, having the brains to consult with his tactician rather than charge ahead on a gut feeling - a first for the series, as far as I know. Then in RD, he bulked up, becoming more than a typical pretty-boy, into a real man, the kind you never see as RPG heroes.

It was a great breath of fresh air, especially his new confidence that was easily found in his boss battle quotes. That sort of polite arrogance, like he knew he was unbeatable, he didn't particularly care whether his enemies lived or died, but would always give them the chance to run and save themselves.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
While I'll agree Ike was without a doubt the best character in PoR & RD, this seems less like an appreciation topic and more a "Waiiii! Aiku-chan kawaii desu ne!" fest.
Ike was really good but certainly not the best in PoR&RD. Almost all of the mounted units in PoR were broken so I'd say that they (barring Makalov) were better than he was overall. In Radiant Dawn it's hard to say "best" when the game is spit into 4 parts. I judge the characters based on how much they contribute to their respective parts. However if I had to say who the overall best unit was in RD...Haar no contest.

...Yes, it's the IKE appreciation thread, not the DAWN BRIGADE appreciation thread. You shouldn't expect anything less than rabid Ike fanboys. We all like Ike the best, that's why we're in this thread. You obviously don't, so get out. ^_^
Ugh please. I agree with Fugitive Panda when he said that "Blind fanboyism is hardly a proud way to act". Well if you want to drive perspective Ike fans away keep acting like that I guess

-Knight

Ike's Biggest Fan

Smash Apprentice
Obviously, you don't know how to play the game right. It's ridiculously easy to make any unit godly.
Of course it takes planning, but up to a point a unit's stat growth is based soley on the percent chance of a certain stat going up each level up. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed Micaiah had a poor speed growth rate. Some stats go up faster in different stats than others. Common knowledge.

And just to play with reductio ad absurdum, Please, don't ever question my Fire Emblem skill again. Like, ever? Thank you.

And I of course agree with most of you in the fact that RD Ike was awesome looking. But at the same time, he just seemed to age too much. Even with mercenary training and rigorous exercise, Ike's features themselves seemed too aged to believe he's anywhere under like 25 years old.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Ike certainly was not the best unit in the game. Sure he was definately up there, but you forget that he doesn't premote for a very long time, and only really shines aftewards when he finally catches up to your third tier units. Haar on the other hand, has both great accesability (he's around for a long time) great bases, good growths, great mobility, and a much better weapon specialty (until Ike gets Ragnell anyway).

@Fugitive panda-PoR Ike was not the first lord to be smart. Marth was pretty smart, too. And personally, I prefered the old image of FE lords anyway, and I much preferred Ike's PoR look to his RD one. He just looks too old now.

Torchik

Smash Ace
Hmmmm...and I disagree! Blind fanboyism rocks! I don't see how it drives people away from Ike...if anything, we're showing how great Ike is. Biased? Maybe. Do I care? No.

Anyway, I usually have intelligent conversations about him, it's just that this thread IS an appreciation thread. It's pretty much made for fanboyism...read the first post. There's nothing wrong with being a fanboy. Oh, and I wasn't questioning your fandom, Panda. It just looked that you supported the Dawn Brigade more. Sorryyyy. Also, you made a post with not one positive comment...yeah, I don't appreciate that. (# 152) You said you were leaving, so I was just trying to help you out the door.

Edit: Wow...I'm sorry. That was really mean of me. You're new here and I shouldn't attack you like that. Just ignore everything. ^_^

Top Bottom