• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Appreciation Thread.

Torchik

Smash Ace
Ike Appreciation Thread​

Ike is the son of Commander Greil of the Greil Mercenaries. The story begins with Ike's last day as a trainee in his father's mercenary company, and follows him as he grows in power to lead a military force for the purpose of restoring an entire nation. Ike is the first central main character in the Fire Emblem series not to be of royal lineage or noble birth. He is eventually granted the title of Lord by Crimea's Princess Elincia so that he may officially lead the Crimean Liberation Army as its general. Ike duels the Black Knight to avenge his father's death using Ragnell, a sword blessed by the goddess. The sword is one of only a few weapons that can damage the Black Knight's blessed armor.

This thread is an appreciation thread for the brave leader of the Greil Mercenaries, Ike. You may talk about anything that has to do with Ike, from buffs or nerfs to his role in Fire Emblem. You can discuss his role in the Subspace Emissary, make movesets for moves you thought he should have, or just talk about how amazing he is (heh ^_^). Anything you want to say about Ike (that’s positive) you can post here. Please feel free to post your fan art or support icons here (I actually need a support icon myself).

Please remember that this is an APPRECIATION thread for Ike. Try to keep flaming to a minimum. To post here, you should be an Ike lover/user and not a rabid Ike flamer (>_>). Thanks and have fun! ^_^

Oh, check out ShOcKoLaTe’s video thread for some great videos of Ike in action! Here’s the link:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=123153

Also, if you want to see Ike’s recolors, Knux Echidna created a great thread showing all of the costumes we have seen so far! Here’s the link:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121720

Enjoy!

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Ike is a very cool and interesting fellow, I never plated Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, but he is great. I see that he is supposely slower than Bowser, and his B up recovery sucks, but his B side makes up for that. Well, I will use Ike as one of my mains.

Torchik

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think that his up B should have at least a little horizontal range. I'm sure someone will find a way to make it work though. I doubt he's really that slow, maybe his attacks, but not his mobility. Of course, like I say in all the other threads, I'm completely biased towards Ike. Check the sig ^_^

tmbjr

Smash Cadet
Ike is the epitome of badassness based only on the fact that...<Radiant Dawn spoilers>
He kills a friggin god, and not the "Dark god" either, the kind of god everyone liked
</Radiant Dawn spoilers>

Of course, that was the older, more mature, and more powerful Ike, but Ike nonetheless...

Torchik

Smash Ace
Yay! Someone finally noticed my thread, thanks for the bump Deathparasol! ^_^ Anyways, *takes out Ike flag* yep he's awesome. Ew, the older Ike is weird...although I still like him. Anyway, slow characters just take timing and more skill. Does anyone know if up tilt is at all powerful? It doesn't look like it...oh maybe I'd better add the move threads to the links here. ^_^

Edit: Ugh, it's to hard to edit them in. Here they are if you want them,

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121575 Normal Moves

and

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121539 Special Moves

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
Yay! Someone finally noticed my thread, thanks for the bump Deathparasol! ^_^ Anyways, *takes out Ike flag* yep he's awesome. Ew, the older Ike is weird...although I still like him. Anyway, slow characters just take timing and more skill. Does anyone know if up tilt is at all powerful? It doesn't look like it...oh maybe I'd better add the move threads to the links here. ^_^
Re-read Gimpy's thread, almost ALL of his moves are kill moves, and thats his problem. Well that an an animation lag that makes him unbearably slow, but I think that could have been a demo bug(we'll find out soon). His b-air from what I've read is his quickest move, though it has a lot of knockback and you can't really combo with it.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
ikes beast in por and rd i beat both of them

ike is probly the fastest atking unit in rd next are trueblades

his strength is 37 the only other beorc stronger then him is haar a dragonlord unit with a 38 cap

ike compared to other units wieght and size is a little above average

idk were sakurai got that he is heavy from but idc

ike is THE BEST NON BEORC UNIT IN RD and even more of a beast with ragnell

the only way i see sakurai already has plans for a faster fire emblem character

so they made him slower and an absolute monster

he couldive laid off on the speed deduction though but u cant have a beast like ike be as fast as fox :) well you could

anyways im happy they made him this extreme this way then speed wise b/c then wed have a sword version of sonic

and personly ike shouldnt be wielding ragnell

why u ask?

why is ragnell do special

well it can atk long range sakurai knows that and they need to incorperate that in ssbb

well i did this all from my Wii and my rist and arm hurts

my main rival is going to main sonic or fox either they both are fast I am going to use ike if u didnt guess and i wont use any other character no matter even if ike turns out to be horridus idc
ike for GOD tier XD

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
The question is, do you know where you are? HMMM?
Heh, no problem for the bump.

Ike DEMANDS your adoration. Well, maybe not, but he deserves it.

You see Aether in PoR, looks different from RD. In PoR it's so fast you can't see it.

ike is THE BEST NON LAGUZ UNIT IN RD and even more of a beast with ragnell
Ah fixed your post for you, hope you don't mind. Or you could say "best beorc unit".

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
thank you :)

but anyways ike will be difficult to use in one on one

in are smash community thats all we do

;) ill probly convince them to start 2 on 2s for my sake

but im camping out for brawl with about half of our smash community (when i say thay its only my friends who play a lot and play it competitivly and i hate to say it but we are ....... ah....die-hards

oh almost forgot

IKE FOR GOD TIER XD

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
I'm planning to main Ike no matter how slow people say he is.
Also, Ike with a Bunny Hood: Greatest character ever.

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
Bunny hood Ike... XD

Now I wonder how he would sound with Aether while he is small. Rrrraaahhh!

Hey wait, didn't you all see in one of the E4All vids, Ike got a spicy curry? He isn't as frantic as Diddy or Fox when they ate theirs, probably because he eats a lot of spicy meats (his favorite food, it seems). Heh.

Torchik

Smash Ace
Heh, Ike using Aether when he's small, that's good be awesome! And bunny hood Ike? I love it!

@ Iceman, If all his moves are kill moves, at least if you land one you're sure to do lots of damage.

<3 Ike ^_^

True Fool

Smash Ace
I appreciate that Ike is in this game and will most likely be fun to play as. I like his alternate colors so far, as well as his voice(sure surprised me, I thought it would be a lot worse).

I do not appreciate his misrepresentation, but it won't stop me from enjoying Ike.

Torchik

Smash Ace
I really don't know what to believe about him. I mean, is it possible for him to be slower than BOWSER?! He would have to be mentally ********. He doesn't even look heavy. I think Gimpy is speaking in terms of attack speed, which I could see. His smashes look slower than Bowser's, but his mobility doesn't. Anyone else think Gimpy was talking about ATTACK speed? >_>

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
Argh, I can't remember which one. I'm pretty sure it was in Lylat Cruise though, but watching those vids hurts me eyes, I have to squint so much. But I'll try to find it.

Imagining Ike walking like Bowser makes me LOL... as in the vids he moves around at a good enough pace. I can see the lag in the attack speed though...

I'm wondering what's Ike's 6th costume...

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
gimpy was talking about atk speed
1 i no that cuz i was talking to him
2 thats the only thing slow about him specialy his smashes

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
his walking speed looks the same as link melee
i havent seen ike dash
and dash speed is important with ike

oh yeah hi torchick :)

Torchik

Smash Ace
I hated the way Link moved in Melee, just the way it looked. I've seen Ike walk though and he looks good.

Yeah, run speed is important, I'm sure he's not that slow.

Oh, the ugly purplish outfit I was talking about is here, the one next to Mario:

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
i no that is ugly
my costume for our trio we got im calling the gold and black XD sry torchick and envy wait and death so das a quad

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
well envys my bud but yeah the gold one yeeaaahhh with blaacccckkk yeaaaaaahhhh
das mine unleessssss.....

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
Oh... so now we have all of Ike's costumes. Perhaps it'll look a bit different (cause right there, when the characters flash white after getting hit...) I bet the purple will look a bit better. Purple and red is an odd combo...

I call the blue Sigurd-looking costume. X3

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
screw u i called it but
howbout 2 monthes after ssbb comes well 1 on 1 4 out of 7
whoever wins gets the GOLD

......but until then i have it :)

plus the older one gets the front seat in the car u have to sit in the back of the car respect ur elders (im probly like 4 monthes older with is like nothing)

death u can have the blue its ok with me but i want the gold

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
hey its fair!!!!

*puts arms at his side and makes a face of a parent*

it is fair though

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
back on topic idk
but ike is a new level of ssbb i think and will be a hard character to wield and get used to snd play comprtitive speed characters but ill main him just b/c i love FE and he has the coolest sword ( i will only main characters with a sword idk dont ask me why )

Top Bottom