• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Appreciation Thread.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^Heck yeah he does. Too bad Aether isn't as good as the other master skills anymore.
I guess if they actually put together the newer versions of Sol and Luna it would be broken.
^_^ He got Ragnel pretty early in this game, too.

P.S. Make sure to deploy the Black Knight in part 1 final and use Ike to fight him in part 3 chapter 7.

P.P.S Don't kill Pelleas, he turned out awesome for me.

P.P.P.S- I wish I didn't have to put so many spoiler tags, but some people haven't played his game yet. I'm only talking to you about this becaue you say your on your second playthrough.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
yeah i already did that stuff and i just beat it, it was epic :)

and aether was bad but the one thing i hated in the skills was the locked shove of a measily 5 points i could have used those

BK master skill is ridiculus luna and astera, beastly
but thanks anyway and sry u had to do that

EDIT just noticed u werent talking to mee lol
well ummmm yeah i feel stupid lol god ummm yeah i was gona say howd u know i was on 2nd playtrough lol

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
saw it (actually i watched all of em)

i hope hes counter will do something amazing or special like reflect long range and can damage the person who used the long range not like mewtwo's but to bad that has be confirmed
as i its like mewtwos

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
yes i saw that but i want it to do damage to the user like foxs reflecter

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
well its ok i guess.......:(
i wanted it to do something special though

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
The question is, do you know where you are? HMMM?
You're on Elincia's Gambit? ... I didn't like that one. In fact, I don't like playing as any other team other than Ike's team. But if you're one of those who resets everytime someone dies, you're gonna go insane.

The cutscene where Ike appears is awesome.

I am on Part 4 Chapter 3, have to be the Dawn Brigade again... in the desert -_-

Well, Ike's counter is better than Marth's counter then ^^

Torchik

Smash Ace
Yay, Ri, you're finally here! ^_^ I love Elincia! She's actually tied with Ike as my favorite. I'm so sad, Marcia died and I really wanted to reset, but I was so far in and my last battle save was so far before... I really liked her. =( *sigh* But I continued on...and then Geoffery got owned by Ludvig, one hit (I also like Geoffery). Then Elincia was all sad, and I was sad, and I had to restart...so now I have to start from my last battle save which is after Marcia died...*siiiiiiiiiiigh* Oh, and hurry up and set up your Wii, Ri!

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
Heh, yeah, I got up at 12 today, and had to do stuff like grocery shopping. Ugh. Such is life.

The best units in RD I think, are the original Greil's Mercenaries. They just tear through everything :D

And it would be even more freaking awesome for them to appear in a SSE cutscene... or even the intro, even if you can't play as them.

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, nice sig too. Now I want a banner... of someone...

Elincia was terrible in PoR, good thing she's so much better in RD. Just later one, in Part 4, make sure to get rid of her Mercy skill -_-

I wouldn't be against her appearance in Brawl, although it is unlikely. Kinda like how I would like Soren in. Probably, many of the slightly more important FE characters who couldn't be playable will appear as trophies....

Torchik

Smash Ace
I would make you one, but my Photoshop just stopped working...when it does I'll make you an awesome one! Of anyone you want! ^_^

Soren might make it in, he wasn't THAT minor.

Hmmm, in I'll remember that. ^_^

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
The best units in RD I think, are the original Greil's Mercenaries. They just tear through everything :D
Well, technically Edward and Noyce have better stats endgame than Mia and Boyd, and Noyce has that amazing earth affinity. Nephenee and Haar are pretty high on the tier list, too. Zihark is also higher than Mia because of a better affinity and better defualt skill (adept>vantage in this game), along with better strength and resistance. Kieran also technically averages higher stats than Titania, but his availability sucks, so he's still pretty low.

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but I hardly bother with tiers in the game... mostly because all of the characters that start out bad that end up good in the end are already dead. Heh. I'm not really a "pro" in any game ^^; Although, my Neph was, to put it, RNG screwed.

That Mercy skill is probably the least useful skill in the game -_-

Thank Q Torch. If you do get Photoshop to work and you have spare time, could you make a Soren one for me?

Also... how many people are glad or disappointed that Ike is in his PoR form in SSBB?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I personally like training characters to become gods, so... I don't let anyone die.

Sell that mercy scroll, it's worth teh moneyz.

I liked Ike's PoR form, but I wish they had used the Lord form instead of the Ranger one.

Torchik

Smash Ace
Yeah, but I hardly bother with tiers in the game... mostly because all of the characters that start out bad that end up good in the end are already dead. Heh. I'm not really a "pro" in any game ^^; Although, my Neph was, to put it, RNG screwed.

That Mercy skill is probably the least useful skill in the game -_-

Thank Q Torch. If you do get Photoshop to work and you have spare time, could you make a Soren one for me?

Also... how many people are glad or disappointed that Ike is in his PoR form in SSBB?
Awww, my Neph is okay...I wish she would get better. I'm having Brom (sp?) fend off the main way everyone is tryng to get in to kill Elincia. He never dies. ^_^

Soren? Sure, do you have a preference of color?

Thank god he's in his PoR form, it's so much cooler than when he's old! I want YOUNG Ike as my big brother! ^_^

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
Red background please!

Yeah, put generals in the way of the stairs up. They are good for "defend" chapters.

Me, in Elinica's Gambit, I just went with trying to hold off the enemy the entire time, as opposed to trying to kill the boss.

It's a shame that Ike doesn't have his Lord outfit. But yes, roidrage!Ike is kinda... scary...O_O

Ah, that's it, after playing RD this morning, I have decided that I am going to just go and make that Soren support thread I thought to make. Besides, he's on the poll.

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
Yeesh, so I was playing RD just now, and something happened that never happened when I played before...

You know how there are some units that don't really die, they just leave the battlefield, because they are still important to the story? Well
probably because Titania's role has diminished at the end, she is one of the units that die D: When one of the Goldoa dragons killed her, I was about to reset, when I decided to read the death speech first. Something about how she was glad to see Ike grown up, and that she can finally rest in peace. ;_;

Suddenly I wanna read all of the death quotes. But I don't wanna go intentionally killing my characters...

LOL, you say that and yet you have a bright pink banner. :laugh: I kid, the banner is nice cause it suits the character. You made that banner yourself right?

By the way, in that Japanese website for Jumpfesta, it says one of Ike's alt. costumes looks like his Vanguard outfit... of course minus the metal thing on his arm.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
idk i didnt see that dat be awesome but only wario is special remember?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Yeesh, so I was playing RD just now, and something happened that never happened when I played before...

You know how there are some units that don't really die, they just leave the battlefield, because they are still important to the story? Well
probably because Titania's role has diminished at the end, she is one of the units that die D: When one of the Goldoa dragons killed her, I was about to reset, when I decided to read the death speech first. Something about how she was glad to see Ike grown up, and that she can finally rest in peace. ;_;

Suddenly I wanna read all of the death quotes. But I don't wanna go intentionally killing my characters...

LOL, you say that and yet you have a bright pink banner. :laugh: I kid, the banner is nice cause it suits the character. You made that banner yourself right?

By the way, in that Japanese website for Jumpfesta, it says one of Ike's alt. costumes looks like his Vanguard outfit... of course minus the metal thing on his arm.
Sothe can die, too. I want to see if Pelleas can die (after you spare him):laugh:

BTW, for those of you playing RD. If you don't mind a few part 3 spoilers, then I've got some advice that'll make it easier.
Make sure to equip your units with Bronze weapons at the end of each chapter in part 3 (well, not each chapter, but the chapter before you switch sides) and don't give your units you kickass skill sets or really good or valuable weapons. You have to fight Ike's group with the Dawn Brigade and vice versa, so it'll be much harder if they have really good weapons and stats. You should also know that when they hit you they are using up your weapon uses, so giving them your valuable low use weapons (like the sleep staff Laura gets) is a really bad idea. And whatever you do, don't give Soren meteor/bolting/blizzard in part 3-7.:laugh:

I've had a lot of trouble taking on my own units, because each team had uber characters. I wanted to train the dawn group so they'd be usefull later, but I guess I trained them too well.

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
Waaah, so I was playing RD again, and this time
Soren died. Soren and Titania are my favorite characters along with Ike, so it's kinda sad that now they are expendable now. His death quote was basically telling Ike that no matter what happens, even if all the cities burn and the Sea swallows Tellius, Ike has to live ;_; It's uber depressing when one of the sidekicks die. Of course, I reset, but still, it was sad.

I wonder what Sothe will say when he dies. Hrrrm.

This is Ike's Vanguard outfit by the way.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u225/deathparasol/Ike.png

That pose is uber awesome also. I wonder if that is when he stands about idly, or a taunt. Stupid Dedede, broke Ike's present. >(

Torchik

Smash Ace
Oh yes! I finally finished Elincia's Gambit!!! That was the best cutscene EVER!!!! ^_^ I was really surprised at Elincia, I didn't think she would
sacrifice Lucia
like that. *sigh* I love Ike and Elincia! ^_^ (Oh, and this is an on topic bump.)

Top Bottom