• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Appreciation Thread.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Aaaaah.

If only that was in the game. Seriously, did Sakurai and co just forget about it?

You give Wario 2 different sets but you can't give Ike a Lord outfit -.-
Well... You should be able to play with it, whenever they release all the costumes for everyone to use? xD

Right now, people are working on it so that you can upload custom costume textures from the SD card.

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
IKE APPRECIATIOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
must keep thread aliiive!!!
2 months with no posts? what is this madness?!?!?!
and how the heck is brawl sub-par? brawl is win
Ike is win
^_^

ha the last few posts were on my birthday!!! =D

HyuugaMajeh

Smash Rookie
I honestly think Ike is a great character. Its all about finding how to play him at your own speed then Ike's given speed really. I think I've done a good job of finding it on my own, and I hope other Ike players will as well.

He isn't as slow as everyone makes him out to be, in fact he's quite fast when it comes to the attacks (if they are used accordingly). I rarely use his F-smash actually, when I'm against a human player simply because it leaves me open too much.

I've found my style thanks to this community, and the combo videos I've seen. I laugh when I face fast characters like fox or cheap ones like meta-knight. So what if they combo me? Ike can take hit, and it only takes what? Three or four attacks to bring them to 60-80% before you can attempt a kill.

Its all about maximizing your characters abilities.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
He isn't as slow as everyone makes him out to be, in fact he's quite fast when it comes to the attacks (if they are used accordingly). I rarely use his F-smash actually, when I'm against a human player simply because it leaves me open too much.
As much as Ike gives me a raging hard on, I disagree with this. Ike is pretty much as slow as everyone makes him out to be (He has his fast attacks, but aside from his jabs, they're all laggy unless you take certain measures, like FF'ing NAir or FAir). I used to think the same way, then I used Ike more and realized he IS a slow character in general.

I main Ike, but he's pretty much a contradiction to what I use in fighting games. Before Brawl, I always used the characters who could attack faster and pull off good combos. Taking the SSB series into example, I mained Pikachu in SSB64, then mained Sheik and seconded Marth in SSBM. Now I main Ike in SSBB, who is completely different to what I'm used to, but I continue maining him because FE9 and FE10 were fantastic games and Ike is by far the best Lord in the entire FE series. ;D

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
I still play through RD. I've beaten PoR over 9000 times more than RD, but I haven't touched it since RD was released.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I play both. Currently on a Ike/Titania run through FE9 on Hard Mode. The chapter where you fight the BK is a pain though. Ike keeps getting hit with a sleep staff, and then mauled by long range magic, generals, and tigers. Titania can't kill them all fast enough.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
I could never bring myself to use Titania much anymore after I got her to level 20 on my second playthrough. Her Strength isn't bad as long as she starts using Silver Axes, but her Defense is uaually not that great. That's just my experience, though, but you can't expect too much from Jeigans/Oyfayes(?).

§leepy God

Smash Master
I play both. Currently on a Ike/Titania run through FE9 on Hard Mode. The chapter where you fight the BK is a pain though. Ike keeps getting hit with a sleep staff, and then mauled by long range magic, generals, and tigers. Titania can't kill them all fast enough.
I realy do hate fighting magic users. They are the best when it comes to hit and run ideas. The next time I play PoR, I might use an Action Replay on hard mode and see how fast I can beat the game.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I could never bring myself to use Titania much anymore after I got her to level 20 on my second playthrough. Her Strength isn't bad as long as she starts using Silver Axes, but her Defense is uaually not that great. That's just my experience, though, but you can't expect too much from Jeigans/Oyfayes(?).
According to the GameFAQs tier list, she's the best character in the game. However, I am not going to explain 20ish tier topics to explain their listings. They have a method to their madness, I just don't agree with it.

That, and their "discussions" are more like flaming matches with occasional circular logic thrown in.

Top Bottom