• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Appreciation Thread.

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
ahhh what happened to this thread? i go away for a little while again and when i come back i can't find the ike appreciation thread >_<
this one used to be alway at the top of the first page
hooray for Ike! he's my official favorite. i thought i might go back to using Marth but he's quite different from melee, more difficult to do a meteor smash with, plus Ike's meteor smash is ten times as fun :D

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
Ike has an extremely awesome Terminator walk. It is the kind of walk that makes me feel like a beat down is going to happen as I approach the opponent.

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
Yay! This thread is back! I was just about to give up hope...

Oh yeah, Shrimp, you forgot to mention that Ike's meteor is TEN TIMES HARDER TO LAND. That, or I just suck at the meteor.
However, I agree--when you do land it, it's so satisfying....

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
Yay! This thread is back! I was just about to give up hope...

Oh yeah, Shrimp, you forgot to mention that Ike's meteor is TEN TIMES HARDER TO LAND. That, or I just suck at the meteor.
However, I agree--when you do land it, it's so satisfying....
really? i don't find it that hard to land. maybe i think its easier cuz i haven't gotten used to the change in marth's meteor from melee to brawl...
well...i haven't played as marth that often in brawl anyway. too busy with ike :D
ike's the best...hmm what's another good move of his. that back-air. i love that back-air. not so great knock-back but it's like WHAM! so satisfying

Ike's Biggest Fan

Smash Apprentice
Following Ike's travels through Tellius and beyond
IIIIMMM BAAAACCCKKKK
ive been playing the game so much ive hardly had oppotunities to stop in

so in short
IKE IS INCREDIBLE
hes so powerful!
and his slow speed is no problem, since he had fast enough moves to counter it

sadly, im still a marth main, as i cant use ike in high stress situations because of his high tripping issue

ike is my favorite
marth is my main

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
"I just wonder what Torchik's up to" *rolls eyes*

I got a great pic of Ike about to unleash Great Aether on Toon Link. The look on Toon Link's face is great. i gotta post it sometime.

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
um...Ike Appreciation!
yesterday i was FINALLY able to beat chapter 19 of Path of Radiance the way I wanted to.
would u believe that the Official guide book for the game said NOTHING about how to drive off all of Naesala's crows? but it did tell how to get the Knight Ring, which is what i wanted to do.
but to do that, i had to somehow not kill a single crow...but that's nearly impossible if they're still there.
well i finally found out how to drive them off and then I beat the chapter :D
And the boss was a swordmaster so u know my Nephenee was all over that ^_^
maybe now i can finally beat this game and play Radiant Dawn.

Miller

Smash Lord
Yea, It took me a couple tries to get that Knight Ring aswell. What I did was have a unit go just in to Naeseala's attack range and have one of my bird units right outside of it, then have Reyson in just enough range to actually have the Crow king get to him next round. Got it on Enemy Turn two. I gave the Knight Ring to Reyson for those Chant and Run type of things.

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
hmmm yeah. i just realized, i gotta use the occult scroll on SUPER FREAKIN' AWESOME ASASSIN VOLKE now so he can get the LETHALITY skill. but that "cutscene" (if u can call even it that, as it was really just a picture) of Greil killing his wife was like ... owww... that's gotta hurt. right through the breast >_<
but anyways, i love volke. he's in my top 5 of PoR characters, along with Nephenee, Soren, Ike, and...um...not sure on the 5th one. Maybe Zihark. I love that hair.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Ike, Soren, Volke = absolute love.

I also love Haar XD he's so laid back but REALLY powerful. Like "Where the heck did he get all that power from when he's so lazy!" kind of power.
I always imagine Jill, Marcia and Nephanee having a bunch of funny girl moments together...I know I have weird fantasies.

And eventhough you don't play as him in Path of Radiance, the Black Knight is...just awesome/cheap at the same time.

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
Ahaha Haar. i forgot about him. he's cool too. though i can't picture Jill having funny girl moments. i don't like her that much... and she's just like "Meh...I'm all red unlike the majority of you!! Bow down to me while my dragon gets slaughtered by a bunch of birds!"

Now Mia... that i can imagine. :D

blue_dragon

Smash Apprentice
"I just wonder what Torchik's up to" *rolls eyes*

I got a great pic of Ike about to unleash Great Aether on Toon Link. The look on Toon Link's face is great. i gotta post it sometime.
Torchick's been playing brawl with me! haha

But don't use Sothe too much early in RD. Chapter 4 Prologue can get him to lvl 20 before the end of level class change. Use Edward instead.

And if I could post the pics, I have one of Ike about to eruption Meta-Ridley as he's hanging of the back of the Falcon Flyer.

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
w00t. i'm moving on in PoR! after finally beating chapter 19 the ideal way (w/o killing teh birdies) a few days ago, i beat chapter 20 last night and 21 today. i left nephenee out of 21 though cuz she's been hogging the kills lately. in both chapters zihark almost died a few times but he's freakin' amazing too. i'd have mist or rhys heal him then he'd be like HIYA THREE CONSECUTIVE HITS BEYOTCH!

aaaand i have found my favorite Ike quote. from chapter 21 when you recruit Tauroneo.
"If you plan on dying anyway, join us."
lol Ike sure has confidence in his army's abilities...

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Must...Keep...thread on top!

I just had to take a shot of that, cause I have a love and hate thing towards Luigi. The player wouldn't leave me and Kirby alone so we can do a pose and decided to go and get his butt on fire.

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
Ike Apprecitiooooon!! From the DOJO!!
The princesses sure do appreciate Ike... :chuckle:

Snake does not appreciate Ike... :(

But Ike appreciates bananas! :chuckle:

And DONUTS! DONTMAN FTW!

Ike's Biggest Fan

Smash Apprentice
I will not let thiws thread diiiiie.
I have officially become unownable with ike.
(i can still be beaten, but I can't be owned.)
and to stop other ike players, i have made wolf and toony my seconds.
So i can handle ike from both ends. (that sounded wronnnngggg)
I've even made some killer comics out of ike screens

RickRoy

Smash Rookie
OMG I LOVE IKE! The reason I love him are as follows:

He is just looks so cool, his red hair, his blue headband, his blue eyes, in melee his bup killed Jiggs at 0%.

Oh man so much to love about Ike, especially Aether. You can't get through a person who spams Aether.

Ike's Biggest Fan

Smash Apprentice
OMG I LOVE IKE! The reason I love him are as follows:

He is just looks so cool, his red hair, his blue headband, his blue eyes, in melee his bup killed Jiggs at 0%.

Oh man so much to love about Ike, especially Aether. You can't get through a person who spams Aether.
Ike has BLUE hair. and a GREEN headband
come now
get the facts right

Tenki

Smash Hero
btw I watched the Radiant Dawn story/cutscenes on youtube, since I played PoR and don't own Radiant Dawn.

He really has no sympathy for his enemies (lol@Lehran), and he really does fight for his friends.
And at the beginning of fight scenes, he does the "Prepare yourself" animation.
and his critical hit (or was it 2x hit) is Quickdraw>Back roll> F-air.

Seriously, you go to the final boss thinking you're going in for a hard battle, and Ike freaking kills her in 2 turns.

wtfmans.

I kinda wish he had his RD look instead xD

Ike's Biggest Fan

Smash Apprentice
btw I watched the Radiant Dawn story/cutscenes on youtube, since I played PoR and don't own Radiant Dawn.

He really has no sympathy for his enemies (lol@Lehran), and he really does fight for his friends.
And at the beginning of fight scenes, he does the "Prepare yourself" animation.
and his critical hit (or was it 2x hit) is Quickdraw>Back roll> F-air.

Seriously, you go to the final boss thinking you're going in for a hard battle, and Ike freaking kills her in 2 turns.

wtfmans.

I kinda wish he had his RD look instead xD
lol, people think he's overpowered now?
imagine the damage RD Ike would do!
BWAHAHAHAHAHA INSANE POWER!

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
Things have changed on these boards. Hey Alex, if you ever get back on send me a pm or a wii mail. Its been a while and college will start soon so it won't be long till i dont have much time for anything but school and the gf.

ForteAnly

Smash Rookie
Ike is just plain awesome. He is a a** kicking machine and we should have an Ike day to celebrate his coolness.:chuckle:

Top Bottom