• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Appreciation Thread.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Actually, no, don't. Someone photoshopped a picture of one of Ike's taunts, "due to popular demand", that is all you need to know!

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Not if I can help it, I intend to master him (not Ike), all I need is a better internet connection than Dial up... -_-

Torchik

Smash Ace
Pshhh, Ike would sooo own Charizard. It would play out like this:

Charizard: Groooooooar! *Attempts to scratch Ike*

Ike: ...*counters*

Charizard: (arm sliced off) Grooooooooooooooooooar!! *Attempts to headbutt Ike*

Ike: *sigh* *slices off Charizard's head*

~~~~

The end!

I <3 teh Ikez0rz! ^__^

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I like Ike, but not that much, that pic is just sick, and it is disturbing, too many people like it/find it funny...

One of Charizard's alternate colors is completely red, you can't say that is not cool, it's an excellent alt...

Ike can't have an alt that looks nearly as cool, the only thing that changes are his clothing color, and possibly his hair (not sure, hopefully not, the bizarre blue hair is good as it is).

But I like Charizard's alternate colors better, they are a more drastic change, and I hate that "Ike owned Charizard" thing, for my sake, can you guys not let the whole world know of the pic's existence...?

Isn't happening, I know... That thanks to members here and at Brawl Central will have these all over forums across the internet in no time... sick minded people, it's a sword thrust through Charizard's body, that is not funny!

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
Charizard: (arm sliced off) Grooooooooooooooooooar!! *Attempts to headbutt Ike*

Ike: *sigh* *slices off Charizard's head*
and you said that in my story, ike turning a koala into a hat was cruelty >_> sheesh...

but that is EXACTLY what would happen when ike meets charizard in the SSE lol... :chuckle:

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly, and after witnessing my disgust in it, I could only think you try provoke me with such words, those words, followed by an irritating grin, it isn't something to grin about, you people are as stubborn as mules.

It's pretty obvious almost everyone to comment about it is seriously biased, why does everyone hate Pokémon so? Curse the unenviable creature that are known as humans! We're all truly a huge group of heartless souls...

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
O_O ?!
what are you getting so angry about? i love pokemon, pokemon rock, and charizard is my favorite.
don't you notice i put a freakin' charizard in my signature? it's just a joke.
also... that's not the "grin" smiley that's the "chuckle" smiley, not irritating either, just laughing. lol

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I have had a problem controlling myself since I saw the pic, and the way people reacted, well, as you can imagine, they didn't react the way I did about it, not even to a much lesser degree, but loved it, and rub it in...

But I apologize... I'm just tired, and have been waiting for Brawl for so long, I've just been a bit shorter tempered lately, I'm usually fairly calm, but I'm just worn out from anticipation, it's killing me, just 7 weeks more now though.

A delay was announced less than a week ago, I'm still disappointed by it, though I understand it, I just wish Sakurai knew a bit better what it was like to be a fan waiting for it for years that is can barely wait to play it maybe he'd not be so fast to delay it... Seriously, I've lost count of how many times the game has been delayed...

I'll try get a hold of myself, I know I should, it's just frustrating, multiple people who really like Charizard, but somehow, love seeing him suffer, while I who likes him as much or more feel completely different...

I don't understand, how two people, both who like the same character, could feel so different about seeing a sword stuck through him, it just seems one of the things must not be genuine, either you don't actually like the pic that much (which doesn't seem to be the case...), or you don't like Charizard that much, but he's in your sig twice...

I guess, I'm kind of weird like that though, overreacting about a picture, once I think about it, it seems really silly, now, I'm kind of embarrassed about it...but, that doesn't mean I'm going to start rofl over the picture all of a sudden either. :p

For what the pic is of, it is well done, I will say that... Ike should be a fun character to play as, I like the slow, powerful characters, as well as faster characters like Fox, or even Link (who I actually use more, I like swordsmen. ;)), Charizard just happens to be another powerful heavyweight.

I, personally, don't think that, if two equally skilled smashers had a match, Ike vs. PT's Charizard, that it'd be a very one sided match, but rather close, they both have the same strengths: weight and power.

Though granted, Charizard has just about the best recovery of any characters in Brawl, if not the best, and it's that, up against someone who when knocked off the edge of a stage at all, struggles to recover, his side special probably is actually better than his upward special for recovery which is completely vertical, but perhaps this could be used directly below an edge?

Ike kind of is partially broken, but poor recovery is the balancer, that, and that he certainly isn't the fastest character, regardless of what buffs in speed he might get in the final, complete version of Brawl, but he should have decent speed, considering the kind of power this swordsman has.

I look forward to using both characters in many matches, a slower, more powerful sword wielding character (and that I like) will be a nice change of pace, his moveset, I must say, will probably be quite effective, as long as some attacks are started in advance, due to lag.

Wow. This is a long post, sorry if it's a lot to read, I just wanted to chat about my thoughts on the two characters, mostly Ike, which is from a game I've gotten through (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) and loved, my favourite character probably being Mordecai, I like a lot of the non human characters, but many human ones as well.

Let's just say the difference between the two for me is roughly like this: I like many dozens of human characters, but I like hundreds of non human characters, including Pokémon, Final Fantasy characters and monsters, among many others.

And about the Pokémon hating comment (which I was much too quick to use...) wasn't really directed at you, just the majority in general, but yeah, that was a bit much, and the cursing thing, that was just...wrong.

Anyway, I apologize about it, and am going to move on from carrying on about it so, and move on to the Ike Appreciation part. ;)

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
well dat was random....lol
i would love that ike and charizard pic even if it wasnt charizard the only reason that was made was b/c at whobby there was ike and charizard and he rocked his f***** a**
now dont get me wrong ive played every PKM game made...man i sound gay
but the point is it was an awesome and bada** pic das all

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I guess it's pretty good. How'd his eyes get closed? Was that photoshopped too? If it's the charizard pic used that I think it is (the Rock Smash one from the Smash Bros. Dojo), I know he didn't have his eyes closed in it, or any other pic I can recall.

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
i've been away for a while now... *slaps self* gah! hate that song
alright i am back! but... it seems this thread hasn't had any new posts for two days. O_O
where did the appreciation go people?
hmmm... alright what to talk about relating to ike... hmmm well i guess ike can't crawl. that's sad v_v i was hoping every character can crawl but i guess not according to that one thing on brawl central.
well i guess it'd be hard to crawl while holding that sword, he doesn't have a sheath to put it in anyway cuz he's too cool for that. but haha, some characters would look hilarious crawling alright. for some reason i pictured what would happen if the black knight was a playable character and he could crawl. XD

Torchik

Smash Ace
Okay, it's not my fault, no one replies anymore! Plus, the boards are so slow in the afternoon, gah...

Now, I have some good news, some bad news, and some REALLY bad news.

Good News: I beat RD and I love Ike 100000x more. He's sooooo cool! I wish he were real so bad....I'm gonna like explode!

Bad News: I'm going crazy...There has to be a way to bring him here!! There's a way isn't there? There HAS to be!!

REALLY Bad News: Deathparasol may not be comming back for a while. The Boards are too slow for him...Fortunately, I have his e-mail address, but it sucks for the rest of you! ^_^

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
idk. the only thing that can come close is... ugh... cosplay... GAhh how i hate bad cosplay.
i mean seriously, get a wig that actually matches the color of the hair of the character you are pretending to be...
and ugh, there are just so many things wrong with cosplay. i mean, sometimes people can pull it off and they actually look like a character really well but usually it's just TOTAL CRAP!
that's why we just leave it up to hollywood to create real live versions of our fav. video game/comic characters. the movie usually sucks but at least they get the costume down ^_^ better than any cosplayer...
so... seen the new videos? brawlcentral has them all. plenty of ike footage, i love how his FS can capture more than one person.
and though this isn't ike related, but related to the video's, snake had this amazing combo where he set a bomb under himself, grabbed fairy boy, snapped his neck, then rolled away and detonated the bomb as link was getting up. genius combo i say, and even better that we see it first performed on link lol :chuckle:

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Hey guys. Server looks better, so I guess it's safe to come back.

I have no idea what's going on as usual, so I'll just post this.

Huzzah! Nay, a thousand huzzahs!
Ike for president. lawlz. With Soren as an adviser he'd actually be pretty good at running a country. He probably wouldn't like it though.:laugh:

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
yeah i saw all his brawl videos... i can't wait until we get store demos over here. probably... in one of the videos you can see his final smash has a lot of range, like Dedede was out of reach of ike's sword, but still when ike swung his sword, he was able to launch Dedede up anyway. pretty cool... except Dedede was being cheap and kept using that grab and throw combo over and over... poor ike.

Ike's Biggest Fan

Smash Apprentice
Following Ike's travels through Tellius and beyond
hey guys, ive been gone for to long. end of semester and such. nice find deathparasol! hilarious
i dont know if yall've seen this, but i found it at brawl central

oh and torchik, brawlcentral also said something about america's gamestop getting demos within the next few weeks. i havent the faintest idea if its true, but the site says it

Torchik

Smash Ace
Hey hey! Welcome back! ^_^ Yeah, we had a looooong arguement over that picture with some Charizard lover guy. And yeah, there's been a rumor going around about the whole store demo thing. I believe it, though!

*sigh* As you guys know, the game comes out in Japan in...two days! When the spoilers come, I'm gone. So yeah, I won't be here until March when it comes out for us...Ummmm, so I want you guys to take good care of my appreciation thread and the forums, until I come back. Gah...I'm gonna miss all of you. If you wanna talk to me, just ask Deathparasol to tell me what you wanna say or he can give you my email. Hehe, he's like my messenger! ^_^

Hmph, anyway, I might as well enjoy my last days! Hehe, so yes, I just beat RD and it was sooooo good. Ike is soooo awesome and nice and cool and amazing...*goes to idolize Ike* ...................*returns* Oh! I know what I'm going to do while I'm gone! I'm gonna build me a machine! And then I'll bring Ike here, and I'll show him to all of you! (But he'll be mine, so back off! >___>) Yeppers! There's gotta be a way! ^_^

Torchik

Smash Ace
Yeah, yeah I know. ^_^ Don't worry, I'll explain everything and take REALLY good care of him until he gets used to it! Hehe! ^______^

Yep, I completely ruined Melee for myself when I was younger. Not this time.

Ewwww, Ridley better not have gotten in, I hate him. Anyway, there will be no Ridley in this thread. Krystal = my #2

I wonder where Shrimp is...Heh...I bet he'll take good care of the thread. ^_^

SpeedBreaker888

Smash Cadet
I can't wait to play as Ike, I've been wanting to play Fire Emblem PoR or RD but don't have the money, so I atleast when Brawl comes this'll be my first chance to play as him, and since Melee have enjoyed the Fire Emblem series alot so here's hoping for another new character to like. Depending how he plays he will definitely be a main of mine.

Torchik

Smash Ace
*sigh* My last day...IBF (Ike's Biggest Fan), take good care of the thread! ^_^ It's so hard to go without spoilers...so very hard...but I'm not going to ruin it again.

Ike won't be mine...he'll just be my big brother. He can live a normal life as soon as I teach him our ways.

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
Ike Fooooooorr Theeee Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!1!1!!!1!1!!!1!one!!!oneone!!!!111!!one!!1

Ike's Biggest Fan

Smash Apprentice
Following Ike's travels through Tellius and beyond
*stabs xXI*

you aren't ike or his biggest fan(torchik)!

*imagines ike trying to use a computer*
You're right! I AM IKE'S BIGGEST FAN

in fact, my ike pride got me in a little trouble on the gamefaqs boards. some dude was saying that fire emblem and ike in brawl was an insult to "decent" anime games like (insert annoying DBZ game here). i got steamed! i used a little bit of prfane language and now i can't make topics or exceed 3 posts a day for 2 weeks.
i don't care though
WORTH IT TO STAND UP FOR IKE

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
You're right! I AM IKE'S BIGGEST FAN

in fact, my ike pride got me in a little trouble on the gamefaqs boards. some dude was saying that fire emblem and ike in brawl was an insult to "decent" anime games like (insert annoying DBZ game here). i got steamed! i used a little bit of prfane language and now i can't make topics or exceed 3 posts a day for 2 weeks.
i don't care though
WORTH IT TO STAND UP FOR IKE
fire emblem games=/= DBZ games

The newest DBZ game did win fighting game of- oh wait, it was second behind naruto...

Fire emblem invented turn based strategy(and the whole super noble, questy royal marth personality), and it isn't quite fair to compare them because "they are both anime" unless we want to say that snake is the reason no resident evil character got in...

Top Bottom