• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike : A Detailed Matchup Guide; #33 - Ness

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I edited it to fix it...that was annoying I know, I didn't expect it to get that big when I opened to window...anyway tell me what you think of the last one, It's a decent size and to me looks neat.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Kinzer....that giant Bowser picture totally stretched everything :ohwell:

And thanks, Xace. I don't think I see any Ike disadvantages in there (Except for Sheik I believe, which I don't know a whole lot about),
Toon Link
Fox
Samus
Diddy
DK
Ness/Lucas (Maybe, I don't know enough about the matchup)
And of course Sheik.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Some of them seem to go more even, but yeah this isn't a peoples matchup...

Can't wait to see what Lucario has to offer.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Toon Link I don't think it's TL's advantage by a long shot
Fox Nope
Samus Hahahaha
Diddy Possibly, but it probably is neutral
DK Nope
Ness/Lucas (Maybe, I don't know enough about the matchup) Nope
And of course Sheik. Probably her slight advantage.
10Ikehasroughlyevenmatchups

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
10Ikehasroughlyevenmatchups
1. We'll see about Toon Link.
2. ORLY? The other spacies seem to do well enough against Ike.
3. Xyro.
4. 'Nanas.
5. Again, we'll see about DK.
6. Sheik can combo Ike all day long. And then switch to Zelda for the kill. I'd say that is definitely a disadvantage.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Let's worry about them when we get to them.

For the moment, when Light decides to update it, chances are we're going to have to fight a drunken turtle with powers.

Also I don't want to start anything serious now...

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
1. We'll see about Toon Link. Sure.
2. ORLY? The other spacies seem to do well enough against Ike. Fox is quite different from other spacies, naturally.
3. Xyro. Does Ike lose to Ganon because Sliq is so good? Great players go without saying.
4. 'Nanas. We'll discuss this later.
5. Again, we'll see about DK. It's even, this is fairly well established.
6. Sheik can combo Ike all day long. And then switch to Zelda for the kill. I'd say that is definitely a disadvantage. Zelda is an established advantage for Ike, you know that, right?
We'll discuss those matches when we get to them.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
*refrains from going bonkers about Light saying Ike does not have a disadvantage against Mario and Luigi*

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
*refrains from going bonkers about Light saying Ike does not have a disadvantage against Mario and Luigi*
Ike's favor for both of those, slightly for Mario and a bit more for Luigi, sadly.

Anyways we should be preparing ourselves for number 18, who may or may not be Bowser, Ness, Lucas, Kirby or Ganondorf.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I can't wait for Matador to eat you up when it the time comes.
I eat Matadors for breakfast. Joke said, he looks like an intelligent person, so I look forward to talking to Matador during the Mario discussion. Shall I also look forward to you being on the Mario side?

Hyro

Smash Lord
Lol @ Optimus ROB

Oh, and the pictures for the characters look awesome :O

Can't wait to see TL's....:p

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
light, TL has the advantge. What are you thinking? If TL doesn't spam his projectiles 24/7 then it's even.

Hero, I'm inclined to say ike > luigi. But ike = Mario. I've played BO X7 so I know how to play Mario.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
light, TL has the advantge. What are you thinking? If TL doesn't spam his projectiles 24/7 then it's even.

Hero, I'm inclined to say ike > luigi. But ike = Mario. I've played BO X7 so I know how to play Mario.
TL's projectile spam is great, but Ike wins by quite a lot at close range. We'll discuss this later.

Same goes for Mario and Luigi.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Light, I'VE PLAYED a TL that spammed projectiles the entire match OFFLINE. It fricken works. But yes close combat Ike does well. Hence why TL has to spam all match

Mario and Luigi can't spam their projeciles like TL

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Light, I'VE PLAYED a TL that spammed projectiles the entire match OFFLINE. It fricken works. But yes close combat Ike does well. Hence why TL has to spam all match
I've also played a TL that enjoys to spam to his heart's content. I'd actually say this is HEAVILY influenced by your stage choice. You're in for a headache on FD, but on the smaller neutrals it's really easy to close in. Would you say so?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I don't have anything to back-up on Luigi since I'm not a master with him, but just because you played Bo X7 doesn't mean you know the ins-and-outs of Mario. Light beat me numerous times with my Mario and I still say Mario has an advantage.

Keep in mind that while Ike's metagame, for the most part, is considerably slow, Mario's metagame is still growing at a good pace. With this in mind, the new things that we have found leads me to believe that the match is a advantage (not a solid one however) to Mario, not a neutral.

Btw, if thoses matches were over Wi-Fi, I'm going to hurt you.

But I digress, we should be focusing on Bowser since he's next.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Really, can we save the intellectual debate for T.Link when we get to him? I have a lot I can offer for T.Link because I've fought one that lives in the same city as I do (and is pretty good), but we aren't at him atm.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Not until it's his turn on the match-up list. >_> Why do you think I'm trying really hard not to go all out with this? :laugh:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Err c'mon guys, don't pressure Light into choosing, besides we'll all get to the characters eventually.

Be glad your choices are coming soon. It'll be a miracle if Sonic isn't picked for debate last. :(

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
let's do all 4 of them at the same time! We'll be as fast as the marth board then
I second this motion. Would it be alright if this topic goes on to debate Boozer and I (or other people) make seperate topics for Tink and Weegee?

EDIT: Kinz, what's there to debate? All that's needed to beat Sonic is a bit of patience and timing. In other words, not playing on WiFi.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I second this motion. Would it be alright if this topic goes on to debate Boozer and I (or other people) make seperate topics for Tink and Weegee?
You also have to remember that we don't exactly have the manpower to do 3+ character match-ups at once. The Marth boards does and they do it swiftly because they have many dedicated Marth mains there. Us? Not so much. Basically, we'd have to go to each topic and debate in each one with just as much energy as the other, which is quite taxing.

We may be able to handle it, but we still wouldn't be as swift as the Marth boards, let alone as efficient. 2 at once? I'm all for it, but 3 and above can cause some drawbacks.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
You also have to remember that we don't exactly have the manpower to do 3+ character match-ups at once. The Marth boards does and they do it swiftly because they have many dedicated Marth mains there. Us? Not so much. Basically, we'd have to go to each topic and debate in each one with just as much energy as the other, which is quite taxing.

We may be able to handle it, but we still wouldn't be as swift as the Marth boards, let alone as efficient. 2 at once? I'm all for it, but 3 and above can cause some drawbacks.
Hmm. Well, I don't know about you, but this one has kind of a tendency to stagnate at some times. Meh, I'd support 2 though. It's just more efficient.

Guilhe

Smash Ace

EDIT: Kinz, what's there to debate? All that's needed to beat Sonic is a bit of patience and timing. In other words, not playing on WiFi.
Kinzer mains Sonic now, he doesn't know any better. JK.

Agreed. Let's do Luigi and Toon Link!

That's on the front page, dude.
Where in that giganting wall of biased text you find anything about our weaknesses?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
That's on the front page, dude.
We actually haven't had a discussion on the matter, we'll do that near the end I guess.

And I'm rather against doing two match-ups at once. It's better to just do this in a concentrated, steady manner. It's been a month and a half and we've gotten almost half of the things done, I'd say that's fantastic.

Top Bottom