• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ignore]

Friday works for me. Chu, teams for melee since it didn't happen last time?

ban mute city and i wont come lol

needs a teammate for brawl. prob wont enter singles for either unless it looks like free money XD
Players can only enter either Brawl or Melee for teams or singles, not both. I don't want players to hold up the tournament by switching between games.

Honto-E-Lawl

Smash Journeyman
suriously tho

there was barely enough time for singles/doubles last time.

i really don't see how we could 4 events.

maybe 3 with more TVs but i can't see 4.

suriously tho

there was barely enough time for singles/doubles last time.

i really don't see how we could 4 events.

maybe 3 with more TVs but i can't see 4.
We can do 4 events if everyone pays the $3 venue fee so I can buy additional tv's for the tournament. However, you are going to have to bring wiis/GameCubes and brawl/Melee disks so we can put those tv's to use.

If you want numbers, I think the average cost for a medium sized tv at a thrift store should be ~$10. if I get 10 players to show up, that allows me to get 3 extra tv's. Or if I buy smaller tv's, I can get 6.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Looks like I'm not the only one who thought of using a library as a venue...Oh wait, I had the idea first =)

Corneria and RC are banned.
Corneria's fin promotes camping

Rainbow Cruise is not a stage to fight on

If you want, I can pretty much drop the idea of counterpicking and just leave the stage list as either 5 neutrals + PS and KJ64 as counter picks, or I could just add them to the list of neutral stages.

I want consistency in stage legality and I personally believe Brinstar is more broken than Mute City (you can literally break Brinstar).

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
EPilson you gotta make a decision on that dude. I'd recommend doing a venue fee to get more TVs. Only 3 bucks from each person but it'll go a long way.

EPilson you gotta make a decision on that dude. I'd recommend doing a venue fee to get more TVs. Only 3 bucks from each person but it'll go a long way.
I have. I'll make my budget 3x the number of guaranteed entrants. Right now I have 7 guaranteed (I didn't update anything since like 2 or 3 days before Apex) so that means my current budget is $21. I will buy the tvs Tuesday or Wednesday before the tournament.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Ah ok, well I'm bringing Ash with me, so you can make that 8.

I'm done with this argument, lol.
Bye Sypher, lol.

Also, since I've only got 9 on the guaranteed list, I'm just going to drop the 1 game per singles/doubles event. And if it somehow gets magically hyped, $3 from everyone can buy more than enough tvs. I might even start my own summer monthly tournament franchise with the venue and tvs I'll have. Maybe I can even reserve a day during my winter break too?

Yeah, the 1 game per doubles/singles idea is canceled.

Can we use the official MBR ruleset please?
>_>

It sucks so much. I'd rather just drop the idea of counter picking almost entirelyand just make the stage list

Neutral:
FD
BF
YS
DL
FoD

Counterpick
PS

Want to do that instead? People always complain about counterpick stages. I think it's time we finally drop the idea.

As a tournament host, I have to either stick with my ideals at the cost of having less attendence, or suck dicks to bring in more players. Smashers are such complainers.[/complaining]

...horrible idea..
even I'm not the host but I went to his venue last tournament

we not gonna have enough time for it
Actually, we are going to have plenty of time. The venue fee is $3 for every person and a tv at a thrift store only costs ~$5. I can get a lot of tvs if a lot of people say they're guaranteed to go. The players are of course going to have to bring their wiis/GameCubes and Melees/Brawls if they want to put my tvs to use. The only real problem is storing all those tvs at home and bringing all hose tvs to the venue. Anyone want to help with that part?

I could help you and stuff if you need :)
Thanks. Here's my current plan. I need someone to guard my tvs as I bring them from my house to the venue several at a time. You'll mainly just have to keep an eye on them until the venue doors open.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Just do MLG rule set for Brawl Epsilon. You aren't even gonna be playing it, lol.

I am thinking about hitching a ride to this with diru... we'll see, I don't want to confirm or anything cause I haven't even asked him, but I just realized he was going to this. If I come I can bring 2 TVs, and a Wii w/ Brawl and Cube w/ Melee (idk if all the stages and characters are unlocked for Brawl though... lol).

*crosses fingers*

As far as a Melee ruleset, I agree we should just get rid of CPs all together and have the 5 now-neutrals + KJ64 and PS as a set stage list. I remember hearing HMW mention that one of the tournaments he recorded at did this, so it's pretty obvious (to me at least) that this is the way the rule set is going to end up being. It's just a matter of how long the community is going to fight the change for. Not too upset though, because CPs are rarely played as it is, and even when they are it rarely makes a difference in placings.

Sooooo, maybe just use the Pound 5 or some other large upcoming tournament's rule set as the default, and encourage players to agree to a newer rule set to test it out.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282814

I highly recommend a stagelist from there.

Preferably 5 starters with CPs up to group two. I mean I'll be here regardless, but I think most people would prefer that.
Yay, A Brawl player finally gave advice for a stage list.

Just do MLG rule set for Brawl Epsilon.
A lot of people on AllisBrawl make blogs about how bad it is. I don't know... I'll trust RZ.

You aren't even gonna be playing it, lol.
I might.

I am thinking about hitching a ride to this with diru... we'll see, I don't want to confirm or anything cause I haven't even asked him, but I just realized he was going to this. If I come I can bring 2 TVs, and a Wii w/ Brawl and Cube w/ Melee (idk if all the stages and characters are unlocked for Brawl though... lol).
Wow, I think there's going to be a lot more setups than I initially thought there would be. Pools for events with 20+ players anyone?

*crosses fingers*

As far as a Melee ruleset, I agree we should just get rid of CPs all together and have the 5 now-neutrals + KJ64 and PS as a set stage list. I remember hearing HMW mention that one of the tournaments he recorded at did this, so it's pretty obvious (to me at least) that this is the way the rule set is going to end up being. It's just a matter of how long the community is going to fight the change for. Not too upset though, because CPs are rarely played as it is, and even when they are it rarely makes a difference in placings.

Sooooo, maybe just use the Pound 5 or some other large upcoming tournament's rule set as the default, and encourage players to agree to a newer rule set to test it out.
ok, fine.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
glad you're taking my advice :)

i think you're missing a few cps though.

it should look like:

Final Destination
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 2
Jungle Japes
Norfair

One thing that I think we're all foreign to is having FD as a cp rather than a neutral. I'm personally down for giving that a try, its in the BBR ruleset 3.1 afterall.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
oh yea, forgot to mention, i'd be down for pools

Top Bottom