• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ignore]

Bones0

Smash Legend
Easy.

Also, I have 4 tvs and only 1 gamecube + 1 wii. Please bring wiis/gamecubes to put my 2 extra tvs to use. Let's hype this event up!

Also, my wii can't read Brawl disks. Please bring one that can.
Wiis that can't read Brawl discs will sell for more than Wiis that can. Some Melee fans will find any excuse to never play Brawl.

True story.

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Oh crap, Epsi; I forgot to ask when you'll be picking me up. If you could also call when you come, that could be cool. You have my number, right?

I think I lost my GameCube AV cables, and Edge isn't responding to any phone calls again so I can't borrow his. I even tried to talk to that guy yesterday and ask if I could get his stuff yesterday in case he would bail out like he is now, and he didn't respond at all yesterday. Sometimes I hate that guy.

tl;dr can anyone bring their GameCube AV cables?

BlueSamsara

Smash Cadet
I think I lost my GameCube AV cables, and Edge isn't responding to any phone calls again so I can't borrow his. I even tried to talk to that guy yesterday and ask if I could get his stuff yesterday in case he would bail out like he is now, and he didn't respond at all yesterday. Sometimes I hate that guy.

tl;dr can anyone bring their GameCube AV cables?

got it
10chars

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Zant don't put yourself down so much. Just find a venue with better hours and I'm sure your next one will be fine.

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
There were, like, 10 people, and I think maybe 6 people played so we ended up doing a round-robin tournament with best of 5 matches, lol. Chu won and Epsi got fourth. That's all I remember. And I got ***** ._. I WILL GET BETTER >: Just watch me, Rog, loool. There's not enough people I know that play, though T-T Besides a Falcon main whose Falcon is worse than people at the event today that don't even main Falcon (but then again they're just plain good, lol).

There were, like, 10 people, and I think maybe 6 people played so we ended up doing a round-robin tournament with best of 5 matches, lol. Chu won and Epsi got fourth. That's all I remember. And I got ***** ._. I WILL GET BETTER >: Just watch me, Rog, loool. There's not enough people I know that play, though T-T Besides a Falcon main whose Falcon is worse than people at the event today that don't even main Falcon (but then again they're just plain good, lol).

Hamhampopo had to be disqualified due to being at the doctor's during the tournament and couldn't play any tournament sets. He did 2-3 Mastermoo.

1: ChuDat
2: Boss
3: ChaosKnight
4: EPsilon
5: NoFace
6: Blue Samsarah
7: Mastermoo
8: Hamhampopo

I never want to host a tournament again, despite me having to when I'm back at college. I am so not a tournament host/organizer.

Moo, just keep playing him. Axe says he's played a lot of newbs back at college and still improved by only playing them. I have also gotten as far as I have by playing my roommate last year in college who was a casual Smasher (and still is) every night for 1 hour. I think I've trained him pretty well too. Before college, his friends didn't have to try to beat him in barlw. Now he's the one 3 stocking them in barlw without much effort. I don't know, optimism. LOL! Yeah right! The previous paragraph is so pessimistic!

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Yeah, but I want more people to play. T-T I barely have any match-up experience outside of Falcon. :( Trying to get another friend to play, hehehe... But yeah, I just need to work on learning to play like the pros. I think I'm going to actually watch videos and analyze them thoroughly. And I need to be more consistent. No johns, but my techskill was off today. But I will say that even at my best, the results would have been the same. ._.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
playing scrubs is an important part of inproving. best enviorment is a peer, pro, and scrub.

scrubs help u practice creativity and basics

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
I agree with you, Epsi. And loool. My friendlies with Blue Samsarah were so ridiculous; I wish some of the ones that we had on my TV were recorded. :( Like our puff dittos.

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MY TOURNAMENT MATCHES. Seriously; I want to see ways to improve. ._.

I agree with you, Epsi. And loool. My friendlies with Blue Samsarah were so ridiculous; I wish some of the ones that we had on my TV were recorded. :( Like our puff dittos.
I wish I hit the record button to record your friendlies with him. Same goes for our friendlies before the tournament started, like those reverse Falco laser mindgames. Too good. You played really well against my awake Falcon so playing your Falcon friend can help you a lot.

Also, Samsarah is really legit and technical. I was really worried about losing the tournament set vs him.

If Edge attended my event, I really wish you could have played him. He has this ability to improve at the same rate I do and he never plays against humans. Maybe I'll interview him one day so he can share his secret training tips.

If I'm allowed to enter his house or if he's allowed to leave it. >_>

BlueSamsara

Smash Cadet
Zelda dittos on rainbow cruise ftw. And we played on all the wack stages haha
It was fun even though there weren't that many people. It was just a bad date and stuff. Would go again.
I got tech skill but after I get hit it's like "wait, that wasn't supposed to happen" lol. It was fun playing your peach zant; rematch next time. :) Fun playing everyone.

I got tech skill but after I get hit it's like "wait, that wasn't supposed to happen" lol. It was fun playing your peach zant; rematch next time. :) Fun playing everyone.
Yeah, that's the one setback about solo practice; You only practice your side. You can't practice stuff like how to escape your opponent's strategies.

Gladly rematch. :)

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
LOL REVERSE FALCO LASERS. Did we get that tournament match of ours recorded on Pokemon Stadium? loool that last stretch. And yeah, BlueSamara is technical. Good stuff, mang. Thanks for the compliments, too, Epsi :3 But my techskill needs more polishing. :( I barely did any half-decent waveshine stuff. ESPECIALLY AGAINST YOUR ZELDA. Frick, mang; she has more traction than Falcon.

I also didn't know Falcon could be multiple-waveshined. Maybe I'm just wavedashing too imperfectly or my DI-ing was just completely ********, lool.

EDIT: Nvm, I have to run, loool

And it sucked that all the non-Fox mains were more consistent with techskill than me. GAY :(

Did we get that tournament match of ours recorded on Pokemon Stadium? loool that last stretch. And yeah, BlueSamara is technical. Good stuff, mang. Thanks for the compliments, too, Epsi :3 But my techskill needs more polishing. :( I barely did any half-decent waveshine stuff. ESPECIALLY AGAINST YOUR ZELDA. Frick, mang; she has more traction than Falcon.

I also didn't know Falcon could be multiple-waveshined. Maybe I'm just wavedashing too imperfectly or my DI-ing was just completely ********, lool.
Yes it was recorded. She slides 4 feet if cc'ed and 8 feet no DI, which is tied with Peach for second shortest Shine distance (Link is number 1).

Waveshining a Falcon is a bit difficult. You have to make a long wavedash to reach him again in time. And do it fast enough.

You think I have consistency and tech skill? LOL! That's why I play Zelda, among other reasons. Remember how bad my Fox/Falco are?

BlueSamsara

Smash Cadet
I was sooo scared of waveshining peach because of the d-smash of death lolll. And I won't pick rainbow cruise next time xD.

I remember at a tournament at C3 a few months ago my friend and I were doing doubles friendlies and the only time we won was when we played double zelda lol. Zant, we should double zelda some nubs.

I was sooo scared of waveshining peach because of the d-smash of death lolll. And I won't pick rainbow cruise next time xD.

I remember at a tournament at C3 a few months ago my friend and I were doing doubles friendlies and the only time we won was when we played double zelda lol. Zant, we should double zelda some nubs.
Here's how Peach can escape the waveshines:
1. She can Smash DI behind you, so that when you try to waveshine her again, both players go in opposite directions.
2. If you nair before the Shine, she can cc the Shine and take close to zero hitstun and dmsash

How to solve it:
1. Just let her escape. If you get the first Shine, you've got it so long as you keep doing it fast enough. If you have a really good reaction time, you might be able to chase her escape.
2. Instead of nair Shines, go for a dair Shine. Fox's dair can not be cc'ed.

Not many know this, but Zelda is better in teams. She's like a mid tier in teams. So much easier toe opportunities and a safer recovery. A team with 4 toes sounds ****. =D

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Idk, Rog; you were a bit more consistent than me, lol. I'll john a little, but I had to re-learn how to press the L button. I just spent, like, half an hour or something re-learning that... So I figured that I only had to press L for L-canceling only as much as one would have to for light-shielding. So that keeps me happy knowing I don't have to worry about how much I have to press without pressing it all the way. And I had to practice drill-shines again... I HAD THEM DOWN BEFORE WTH D:< I'm having some kind of mental block with my fingers or sth.

AND RAINBOW CRUISE WTH I COULDN'T GET ONE WIN? DAS DUMB. I shoulda had that... T-T I should have camped more, lol. But I hate playing gay. :(

And hopefully people on your team will have 10 toes, Epsi, lol

Idk, Rog; you were a bit more consistent than me, lol. I'll john a little, but I had to re-learn how to press the L button. I just spent, like, half an hour or something re-learning that... So I figured that I only had to press L for L-canceling only as much as one would have to for light-shielding. So that keeps me happy knowing I don't have to worry about how much I have to press without pressing it all the way. And I had to practice drill-shines again... I HAD THEM DOWN BEFORE WTH D:< I'm having some kind of mental block with my fingers or sth.

AND RAINBOW CRUISE WTH I COULDN'T GET ONE WIN? DAS DUMB. I shoulda had that... T-T I should have camped more, lol. But I hate playing gay. :(

And hopefully people on your team will have 10 toes, Epsi, lol
Try using Z for L cancels. I do it. And Z for air attacks.

Suicide. You really had that last game. Also, that one up air was just clever. Or was it Samsara who did it?

I should have banned all counterpicks not Pokemon Stadium. I hate gay stages.

10 toes? Now you're just making demands.

BlueSamsara

Smash Cadet
I was the one who did the up air :). lol I really like that stage just cause it gives a lot of room to move around with fawkz
I like 'gay' stages for some reason. It's easier to be creative. idk
I have 19284729 toes
thanx for the tips btw :D

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
LOL WTH Z CAN L-CANCEL? Well, I like L, anyways... The button's bigger, and there's a reason why I prefer L instead of R in the first place; it kinda allows my right hand to function a little better... It takes the strain off of it (more mental than physical) to use L.

And nothing I do is ever clever, Epsi. >: My mind games are lacking unless it's the occasional decent tech-reads while doing Falcon dittos.

Also, for the sake of both you and BlueSamsara, we should play FoD as our only neutral and Rainbow Cruise as the only CP. <3

And humans have ten toes, Epsi; I don't know what kind of people you know >:

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Loool I might go to UMCP; I'm still only a rising junior in high school. XD UMCP is my safe school to go to, too; my dad works there as a professor so that's, like, big bonus points for me or something. But I really want to improve. I don't have many people I can play with in order to learn different match-ups, and there's nobody that I can play often that is much better than me to improve my overall game. :(

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
He thinks that not playing for a long time and just theorycrafting things he might do against the imaginary Fox in his head will help. >_> I don't feel like I've improved from playing with him for quite a while now; usually my improvements are due to techskill get or things I think of to improve myself; he never really changes.

Cool subtitle thing, btw, loool

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Rising junior?
Man, maybe Winston and I will be in grad school there. o_O

Or maybe we'll have gotten jobs. ~_~

The Dashing Knight

Banned via Warnings
Fun tourney, brawl results: (sorry they're late)

1. Skylink
2. XLR8
3. Matador
4. John Lofton IV (split)
5. Nancy Robertson (split)
5. chillindude 829
7. Chris Jericho
9. Candy
9. Chaos Knight
9. Myster Tiger Teen
13. Seagull
13. Karcist
13. BMX
17. Hylian

I didn't enter, WAY too much competition. Fun friendlies though.

Looks like I'm not the only one who thought of using a library as a venue...Oh wait, I had the idea first =)
Oh yeah, how'd that work out for you?

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Fun tourney, brawl results: (sorry they're late)

1. Skylink
2. XLR8
3. Matador
4. John Lofton IV (split)
5. Nancy Robertson (split)
5. chillindude 829
7. Chris Jericho
9. Candy
9. Chaos Knight
9. Myster Tiger Teen
13. Seagull
13. Karcist
13. BMX
17. Hylian

I didn't enter, WAY too much competition. Fun friendlies though.

Oh yeah, how'd that work out for you?
Wait, Skylink? ROFLMAO.

Top Bottom