• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ignore]

oh yea, forgot to mention, i'd be down for pools
The problem is it's only useful if we have a lot of people, I think. Where are you brawl players at? I dropped the making brawl into Melee without the need for hacks idea for ya.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Instead of pools, do an amateur tourney. Good players seem to hate pools cause they have to pwn a bunch of bad kids, but this way people get more tournament matches without having to play matches against people of extremely different skill levels.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Most of a lot of tournaments are unnecessary in the sense that they won't have a big, if any impact on how the brackets play out. You could argue that for most locals, you don't even need double elimination if you seed correctly. It's just about giving people more tourney experience instead of playing friendlies where people use secondaries and all stages are random.

I think I get it now. I made my tournament the day before a bigger barlw tournament and didn't even realize it. Coincidence.

I'll buy the tv's tomorrow. My budget will be based on the guaranteed attendance list x $3. If you bring a tv, your venue fee will be waived.

However, since this is looking like such an under-hyped event and it looks like there will be 7 tvs already there, I think I'll just cancel the venue fee idea and not buy any additional tvs. I'd hate to charge you unnecessarily yet I'd hate to have a poorly ran event if all of a sudden a lot of people showed up.

Also, we have 5 Melee expected setups and 2 Brawl expected setups. Bring you wii/GameCube + Brawl/Melee if you want these tvs to be put to use.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Weekdays are a TERRIBLE day to host a tournament. Never. Never. Never. Host a weekday tournament.
If it was a saturday, I would be able to come.
Normal people have work during the weekdays

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I would move it to Sunday, but on Sundays the library is open for only 4 hours. Saturday is GamePad anyways.
yeah, I definitely wouldn't be able to make it on Sunday lol. IT's okay. If you plan another one some time in September on a saturday that no one has chosen yet I will definitely come

yeah, I definitely wouldn't be able to make it on Sunday lol. IT's okay. If you plan another one some time in September on a saturday that no one has chosen yet I will definitely come
I'll be in Sova at college in September. >_>

Aside from MAGFest, any big events planned for late December / early-mid January yet?

Bones0

Smash Legend
I actually played Toon Link in Brawl the other day with my little brother. I love spamming double arrow quick draws and nair quickdraws. It reminds me of SHDLs and aerial shines. :O

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Definitely keep it as a tournament, not a smashfest lol

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Weekdays are a TERRIBLE day to host a tournament. Never. Never. Never. Host a weekday tournament.
Laijin said:
Laijin said:
Laijin said:
Normal people
Laijin said:
LOLOL smashers aren't normal people. T_T

Bones0

Smash Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIi-2k_KkPE

if you havent seen this already.....
Yeah, I randomly saw that and was like, "Hmmm, something in Brawl that looks kinda fun to spam. Imma have to try it." lol Double bairs are also really fun with Toon Link. I just wish it was so **** easy to air dodge out of everything. It really does ruin a lot potential awesomeness. :/

Also, normal people suck. If the Smash community was filled with people who acted "normal" it wouldn't last a month. Normal people wouldn't run a tournament without trying to rip off everyone or bring 10 spare Game Cubes and discs to a random tournament just so people can play more friendlies (plankistoogood).

**** normal people. >_>

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
EPSIIIIIIIIII CAN YOU GIVE ME A RIDE TOMORROW? TELL ME IF YOU CAN ;-; And will you need a TV or GC or Melee or Memory Card? I sent a PM, too, just in case you saw that and not this.

EPSIIIIIIIIII CAN YOU GIVE ME A RIDE TOMORROW? TELL ME IF YOU CAN ;-; And will you need a TV or GC or Melee or Memory Card? I sent a PM, too, just in case you saw that and not this.
Easy.

Also, I have 4 tvs and only 1 gamecube + 1 wii. Please bring wiis/gamecubes to put my 2 extra tvs to use. Let's hype this event up!

Also, my wii can't read Brawl disks. Please bring one that can.

Top Bottom