• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you guys were ACTUALLY serious about that 2k tourney...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
m2k you will collect another 70k off MMs
come

p.s. as good as you think you are in melee, I will beat you. you are not as good as me. i am better than you.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Ok so dekar's gonna win Melee and Tibs' will win Brawl.
That's basically what you're saying, right dekar?
No random best player (in Brawl anyway, nfi how good he is at Melee) in the world will stop VicROARia.
But whatever, anyone who likes Lufia earns my immediate respect. <3
And I'm ****ing tired. Cao will get this all sorted out, everything will be epic, blah blah blah zz.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yes
prove me wrong, zimmerman

edit: wow 12:51 already? i need to fix my sleep lol

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Okay I know this has not much to do with me but on the idea of m2k coming, for the extra 500 you could have a 2k tourney, Im sure it'd also attract alot more attention from other countries and possibly get them in and also gather local people to enter to try and win.

Muzga

Smash Ace
Okay I know this has not much to do with me but on the idea of m2k coming, for the extra 500 you could have a 2k tourney, Im sure it'd also attract alot more attention from other countries and possibly get them in and also gather local people to enter to try and win.
Marty has a point here.
If you pay for m2ks airfares then m2k comes
But if you were to raise money for a larger prize pot, if m2k still wants to come to a tournament with a 2k prize pot we could probably get larger international attendance. Thinking like that a bigger prize pot seems more beneficial

what do you guys think?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Not many people from overseas will be willing to spend $1-2k on travelling overseas (purely for the smash aspect, obviously) when they will NOT be making even half of that back unless they win EVERYTHING, and guess what... M2K is already there...

There are less names that I can count with the fingers on my hand who can beat the guy in EITHER game.

Would be totally harsh if Marc turns around and goes OH CRAP M2K, I aint coming from AwesomeLand anymore :(
<3 but hes travelling because he wants to see Australia though, so its alright.

Muzga

Smash Ace
think about it though, you could pay m2k directly 1500 to come here or you could get him to come to a tournament where the prize pot is 2k and potentially get other contenders to come as well.

If m2k wins the tournament then the only difference is that we have more potential guests. theres no downside to doing it that way

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
i want dr pp instead

but yes the idea of the money going into the pot instead will make the potential of other players coming a reality

comming alll iovverrrrr
mmvmeuyyeyyeahshhhh

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
think about it though, you could pay m2k directly 1500 to come here or you could get him to come to a tournament where the prize pot is 2k and potentially get other contenders to come as well.
this. this sounds like a much better idea.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
meh. I have no confidence in my melee skills anymore I could probably lose to random people, so I wanted to have my ticket paid for

as I said, whoever pays my ticket or most of it I will team with + train all night or something along those lines

u know Armada is getting to Apex for free? No one's ever helped me like that :(

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
meh. I have no confidence in my melee skills anymore I could probably lose to random people, so I wanted to have my ticket paid for

as I said, whoever pays my ticket or most of it I will team with + train all night or something along those lines

Just for the record, Australia really sucks at Smash. On your worst day you'll still **** us. Read the message I gave you on Facebook about dates/availability and I believe Australia is very open to the idea of sponsoring you.

Attila_

BRoomer

lol have you ever watched australian smash? like ever?

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Just for the record, Australia really sucks at Smash. On your worst day you'll still **** us. Read the message I gave you on Facebook about dates/availability and I believe Australia is very open to the idea of sponsoring you.
cao thats a rude thing to say about your friends.

Sirias

Smash Champion
... We do suck at Smash.
Because we don't play it every day, unlike SOME COUNTRIES.

CAO is right, though.
No matter how you play you will beat us. <3

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
not you kas, you're assigned to play every second of everyday until the tournament and win and then everyone will want to come to aus to play you.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Yeah Kas & Cao (and Dekar.... and Turtle) for Melee.
Tibs & Corpse (and Ted... and Shaya) for Brawl.
We've got this. And if we don't...... THEN I'LL ****ING WIN BOTH GAMES WITH MY EYES CLOSED.

But yeah, we'll get smashed - doesn't really matter though. <3

Toby.

Smash Master
He has a reputation for winning. He only has a reputation for playing hyper defensively against certain players and characters. He won't have to time any of us out because he can easily win by playing normally.

But in the off chance that the only way of winning is to time out, then I don't see why he wouldn't.

Doesn't really bother me tbh.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I timed no one out at MLG Orlando

I just dominated and *****. I 3 stocked Tyrant and DSF in friendly MK dittos, 2 and 3 stocked lain in bracket, 6 stocked Chaz, 2 stocked DSF both games, beat Dekar/DEHF by a good amount, and uhh I forget what else besides that I think I beat Ally on 9th game or ... something like that maybe 10th.

I was playing REALLY well and I did -- NOT -- time anyone out

I only time out if it seems like OBVIOUSLY the best option

tedeth

Smash Master
DW M2K, I've timed out like 2 people in tourneys, both for lols in situations where I just wanted to annoy them and they weren't even important matches, and somehow I still have a reputation for timing people out over here. :S

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I remember I timed out Nicks' Wario and won by 1%.
I felt so dirty after doing that.
But it felt good for the adrenaline. :p

tedeth

Smash Master
Scabe's timeout of Attila was the best timeout ever. Both of them off the stage, Scabe running TOWARDS the blast zone, Attila misses by a hair. Scabe wins by 2%.

Attila_

BRoomer
Scabe's timeout of Attila was the best timeout ever. Both of them off the stage, Scabe running TOWARDS the blast zone, Attila misses by a hair. Scabe wins by 2%.
i realised afterwards that if i threw a nade at him while doing his upB, which he wouldnt have been able to avoid, i wouldve won by 1% too. that wouldve been pretty gay for him, but epic at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom